Blogging Goals & Achievements of JCDPosted on 06
I have only been blogging for just over 2 months now and I believe I have done quite well considering I have never blogged before so I thought I would sum up my achievements over the past 2 months and set new goals while I am at it – Have you thought about doing this?
Since my first post on WordPress Plugins You Must Have I have written 35 great articles on a variety of topics (see categories) namely graphic design and some have been quite popular so first I’ll present to you:
My Most Popular Articles
- 101 Places To Get Design Inspiration
- 13 Signs Your A Bad Graphic Designer
- What is Graphic Design?
- How To Be Creative
- Top 5 Typography Resources
- How Much Does A Graphic Designer earn?
- Do you use your left or right brain more?
- What to get a designer for Christmas?
- Poster Design Tips (& Experiences)
- How To Choose A Font
- FUNNY Graphic Design Jokes & Humour
Websites Who Feature / Recommend Me
I have just recently been listed on HOW magazines top 10 graphic design resources web links page which is quite an honour (and sends quite a lot of traffic) so this is probably my best achievement so far.
Other websites (of many) I have been listed on include
Most Inspired – Showcases popular & well designed css websites
Daily Slurp – A Daily list of beautiful Sites (sends quite a bit of traffic)
LoopPress – A showcase of beautiful CSS Designs.
BlogPond – Listed in the best of the Australian Blog Community
Visitors & Subscribers
At this time I am quite surprised to see how many visitors I am actually getting but as I am new to the blogosphere I won’t put up my actual numbers until I get to my new goal of getting 150 new subscribers by the end of this month. I haven’t paid for any links as of yet however I can say that 81% of my traffic comes from referring sites so that is a good sign and that the average time spent on my site per visit is 4 mins and 40 seconds.
Unfortunately, when I first started this blog I never set out any goals for myself (which I regret) however I did do a lot of research into blogging before I began so that did give me bit of a head start. But putting that behind myself I am going to set some new short and long term goals for myself to give me some vision of where I want to be.
1. Consistent Quality Posting
I will write a quality post every 2 to 3 days and I will not post 3 times a day as not to annoy my readers. I will also try to cut down on the length of my posts as I realise that I always write way to much!
2. Guest Posting
I have had a couple of requests while I was away from other blogs wishing for me to write guest articles so I think I will take up this opportunity as this way I can receive some feedback on my writing and gain more readers and traffic for my blog. Also, if you are interested in writing a guest article for this blog, just drop me an email..
3. Build & Develop My Communities & Make Good Friends
I have joined a number of communities since I started blogging however I haven’t really been active in them so I will choose a couple that I will be heavily active in, most probably StumbleUpon, BlogCatalog, Digg and DesignFloat. Links to my profile in each community is below. You also may find this article interesting written by Muhammad Saleem, about why we participate in social community sites sites.
- StumbleUpon – My stumble profile
- MyBlogLog – Blogging Community
- BlogCatalog – Blogging Community
- LinkedIn – A business networking website.
- Del.icio.us – My bookmarks.
- Digg – Websites I find useful and great.
- DesignFloat – A digg like website but only on design.
- Technorati – The Blogosphere
- SpicyPage – Share your favorite sites or blogs.
4. ReOccuring Posts
Have reoccuring weekly and monthly posts such as summaries, logo of the month, picture of the week, etc – I will need to think about this one.
5. Know and Practice all these tips
This article is a good summary of all the things you should be aware of if you own a blog. I will study this list and make sure that I do all these things to make my blog even more successful.
6. Get 1500+ Subscribers by the end of the year.
I really don’t know if this is too low or too high but we will see. Assuming I had 0 subscribers this would mean I would have to get 125 new subscribers each month which is a mean feat – about 18 a week and about 2.5 a day.
Anyway I hope this list has been useful and inspirational for you – now get going and make your own goals for 2008.
If you are going to launch the website on World Wide Web, you have to get web hosting services. The customers are most interested in getting cheap web hosting services. If you want to get fastest and finest quality internet speed, you should apply for having dsl, connection of a telecom sector. The hosting services of netfirms are more reliable and affordable for every potential customer. In order to improve the quality of websites, the application of seo strategic tools is very indispensable for the webmasters. Internet has opened a new way to get affiliate business opportunity with the great productivity. The data recovery programs are very advantageous for the computer clients who want to repair their systems.
- Download Awesome Design Bundles at 85-95% off! My Top 5 (3)
- Web Design and Checkout Abandonment – Tips & Insights (3)
- Hidden Symbolism in Logo Design: 40 Creative Examples (7)
- 5 Overlooked Social Media Tips to Boost Branding, Clicks & Conversions (5)
- 7 Free Product Design e-Books from UXPin’s Library (2)