Graphic Design Rips Offs or Inspiration?Posted on 20
Here is a list of possible graphic design rips off / homages / inspired work.
By posting this article, I am not trying to point the finger or join any witch hunt – it is food for thought – where we should draw the line between inspiration and plagiarism?
For further discussion on this topic of design plagiarism, visit the article “The secret to creativity…”
Also see this post: Design Rip Offs or Just Inspiration?
Some resources on how to deal with plagiarism and what to do if your design gets stolen.
- What to do if someone steals your work – By far the best resource I have found on this topic even if it is based on content theft.
- Web Design Plagiarism – Tips if someone steals your web design.
- What to do when someone steals your content – Based on blog article theft.
- My personal bookmarks on copyright – Many more articles that deal with the topic of plagiarism.
The ‘originals’ are on the left or on the top.
Illustration for Magazine and Myspace Ads
Graffiti to Store Signage
Graffiti Letter Style
Two clothing brands
Nissan vs Btoy
Jaws Tshirt Design
Designs to Tshirts
Cool Tapes TShirt
Art photography used by Adult Company
Disney reuses Disney
Source: You Thought We Wouldn’t Notice
Design, Inspiration, Plagiarism, Homage or Legal?
- Taking UX to the Next Level in 2014: How to Exceed Customer Expectations (4)
- 4 Successful Marketing Campaigns that Rocked the World! (6)
- The Current State of Illustration and How to Succeed in 2014 (7)
- My Logo for Jerry Seinfeld shown at Superbowl Half Time (8)
- The 2013 Logo of The Year + Runner Ups (9)