DON’T MISS: The Best Graphic Design Articles from February 2008Posted on 29
Here is a monthly round up of the best graphic design articles from around the blogosphere this February. The articles are sorted into the categories; freelancing, graphic design, web design and various.
- 5 Reasons why you must reinvest in your business
If you read just one article of all the following, I would say to read this one… a long but very valuable read.
- 10 Tips for getting started as a freelancer
Some quick tips on how to get started to become a freelancer, also useful for people all ready freelancing.
- How To Get Paid Freelance Work While Still A Design Student
This was a guest article I wrote for Freelance Folder which received a huge response.
- What to do when you have nothing to do as a freelancer.
For the 0.0001% of you out there, this one is for you!
- How to become a more environmentally friendly freelancer / designer
Protect our environment using these steps.
- 5 Downsides of working at home
A newcomer to the blogging world, Verne Ho outlines some of the downsides of working at home. A good read.
- 25 Ways To Become An Effective Freelancer
A list of ways to improve your freelancing skills, a must read.
- 7 Reasons why you shouldn’t charge by the hour
A great list of reasons why you shouldn’t being using this style of payment. Very valid reasons!
- 20 more resources for freelancers
Still hungry for more great freelancing posts? Here is 20 more.
- Identifying the ProBono Client
How to identify a pro bono client along with tips, no-nos, and a discussion on the benefits and draw backs of pro bono work.
- 70 of the Best Logo Design Resources
David lists 70 of the best logo design resources on his blog Logo Design Love.
- Veerles What is Graphic Design Poster Competetiton
I didn’t enter this as I found out about it too late but there was some awesome awesome prizes and a huge response (430+ comments). Check out the winners.
- You Thought We Wouldn’t Notice
This is an old website (not from February) that deserves a mention as they were my source for popular 22 plagiarised graphic design rip offs post.
- The Logo Design Process of Top Graphic Designers
Want to learn the secrets of logo design from the professionals? Look no further.
- How To Create Your Own Vector Cartoon Character
A great step by step tutorial from Chris. This came in very useful.
- Logo Design Love Awards
A competition to uncover the most effective blog logos amongst today’s popular blogs. I believe there is 1 day left to enter from the time of me writing. Be quick!
- Spice Up Your Business Card
This is a surefire way to get more business just by improving your business card.
- Drunken Munkey Photoshop Tutorial Character Design
Another tutorial, this time in photoshop, this is truly inspirational!
- Online Business Is All about transparency
I enjoyed this article from David as it gave a great insight into the business practice of not hiding things.
- The One Page Graphic Design Portfolio Guide
You have all seen those portfolio pages with a persons work all on one page, well this is how to do that step by step.
- 22 Graphic Design Plagiarised Rip Offs
Another popular post from JCD with a huge response. Check it Out!
- Customise Illustrator for maximum efficiency
Move around your palettes to make a more productive work flow. Great for all levels.
- U-Printing International Poster Design Comp
Win an iPhone and other great prizes in the poster comp! It is about to start.
- $5000 Prize Giveaway Graphic Design Group Writing Project
Hosted on this blog, you definitly should not have missed this one.
- 99 Websites ALL Designers should know about
A hugely popular post listing 99 resources that all designers should know about.
- Grid and Column Designs
A list of some great websites that use an underlying grid structure in their design.
- Finding the perfect webhost for you and your clients
This will appeal to bloggers and web designers out there
- 25 Beautifully Coloured Website Designs
Showcases 25 great colourful websites in a social-media-friendly manner.
- 11 ways to get exposure as a web designer
Another one from Vandelay webdesign. This can also be applied to designers in general.
- 53 Steps to follow if you want to become a web designer
Very easy to follow 53 step guide to become a successful web designer.
- 25 Visually Stunning Header Graphics
This was a great inspirational post for those who are thinking of improving their blog header design. (I like mine).
- Brian Gardners WordPress Theme Contest
Win a holiday on a cruise to the Bahamas just by advertising Brian Gardner’s new theme!
- How To Set Up A SideBlog
I have wanted to get onto this, this is a tutorial on how to make a mini blog for your main blog so you can post smaller articles. Not so much a graphic design article but useful to blogging designers.
- Stunning Photography that inspired me to learn photography
30 creative photos that are very much worth looking at.
- Is Your Blog C.R.A.P?
This was a guest article I wrote for dailyblogtips outlining the 4 basics principles of design.
Viviens Social Media Project project has now been extended for one more month! Learn more about social media and its benefits in this massive project.
Hope you enjoyed the list. Is there any others that you really enjoyed this month?
- Blogging For Startups: 7 Tips To Jump Start Your Startup Venture (7)
- 12 Logos Selected for Logo Lounge Book 9 (10)
- Eyestrain and Weight Gain: How to Avoid Common Risk Factors of a Desk Job (2)
- The Most Extensive & High Quality Design Resource Bundle Ever (5)
- Content Marketing in 2015: Trends Are A-Changing (3)