Win A Free Logo Contest + Our Achievements So FarPosted on 16
Update: CONTEST OVER
On June 6th, Just Creative Design is turning 7 months old, ie. 7 months since my first ever blog post and to celebrate I am holding a little contest. I know 7 months is a random number but I actually thought we were 6 months old (a bit more appropriate) but when I checked our archives to find my first ever blog post I realised we were actually 7 months old – Doh!
The Prize? A free logo design!
If you hadn’t already guessed it, a free logo design is up for grabs to one lucky winner. You can check out my logo design work in my portfolio.
How to win?
Update: CONTEST OVER
Easy. Leave a comment below with the reasons why you deserve / need / should win the logo – it may be as short or long as you like – try to tell me what the logo will be for if you can. I will pick the winner based on who has the best reasoning.
I will take entries up until 3rd of June and will announce the winner on June 4th AEST and I will design the logo after I get back from my planned holiday – aka middle of July.
You can comment now or you can read on to see how we got to where we are today.
Just Creative Design’s Journey So Far
Back in November I found out that blogging was more than just a personal journal and after finding that out I just had to start my own blog and I am SO happy I did. I have learned more about design from the blogosphere than I ever could in 4 years at University.
My main inspiration to start blogging was David Airey who started his graphic design blog much like me, without any knowledge of blogging. He now has over 4500+ loyal subscribers and his blog is a great promotional tool for his business. I believe Just Creative Design is following in his footsteps.
After only 7 months of blogging (of which I was on holidays for 2 months) we have grown to around 2300+ subscribers and I have generated upwards of $5000 from the blog so far through advertising (want to advertise?) and design work coming through the blog, gaining clients locally as well as clients in Malaysia, America and Canada. I am still available for hire.
Everyone loves a bit of stats so here we go.
- 10.5 new subscribers per day on average. My goal was to get 2.5 per day back in January so very happy with our growth.
- We average 8,000 unique visits per day.
- Alexa Ranking Of 62,540.
- 120 Posts (20 of them Side Blog Posts).
- Google PR of 3. Used to be 5 though.
- Currently ranked #1 on Google for “Logo Design Newcastle”.
- Technorati Ranking of 9,468 (Favourite Us).
- Average of 20 comments per blog post.
- 190 Followers on Twitter. (Follow Me).
- 80% of my visitors come from USA, Australia, UK and Canada together.
- Main traffic is from Google Organic, Stumble Upon and Design Float.
- Interview with well known logo designer, Jeff Fisher.
- Just Creative Design wins Logo Design Love Award
- Jacob Cass Named #8 Top Young Blogger Under 21
- How Magazine – Listed in How Magazines Top 10 Websites For Designers
- Fox News, USA – Recommend on Fox News Website.
- The Herald Newspaper, Scotland – Article featured in Scotland’s leading daily newspaper.
- Layers Magazine, UK – Linked multiple times from the leading magazine on everything Adobe related.
- All Graphic Design – Many articles linked from the world’s largest graphic design related site.
- About.com – Featured on About which is a website sourced by hundreds of helpful experts, eager to share their wealth of knowledge with visitors. Quite hard to get onto here.
- Communication Arts Magazine – The largest creative resource on earth has linked to us numerous times.
My work has appeared in many galleries across the net and below is a sample of some of the ones that I am aware of.
- Most Inspired
- CSS Collection
- Daily Slurp
- CSS Based
- Logo Pond
- Design Related
- W3C Sites
- CSS Leak
- CSS Clip
- CSS Creme
- Design Flavr
And there we have it, a small summary of our achievements thus far.
Want To Write For Just Creative Design?
Earlier this week I called for some guest articles to be written for Just Creative Design as I am going away for 6 weeks. So far I have only received 2 articles so if you want to get onto JCD please send them before May 21st either in a html or word document!
Don’t forget to comment why you should earn the free logo design.