Blatant Design Rip Offs or Just Inspiration?Posted on 28
Here is another list (first post here) of possible graphic design rips off / homages / inspired work. I’ll leave it up to you to decide whether these pieces are plagiarised or just inspired.
By posting this article, I am not trying to point the finger or join any witch hunt – it is food for thought – where we should draw the line between inspiration and plagiarism?
“Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” – Jeff Zeldman
Some resources on how to deal with plagiarism and what to do if your design gets stolen.
- What to do if someone steals your work – By far the best resource I have found on this topic even if it is based on content theft.
- Web Design Plagiarism – Tips if someone steals your web design.
- What to do when someone steals your content – Based on blog article theft.
The designs that were designed first are the ones on top but who knows where their inspiration came from?
Update January 25th 2010:
Due to a recent outing with our hosts, we lost a lot of files. We are currently in the process of restoring the photos, please be patient while we do so. Thank you.
All images are copyright of their respective owners. Irony much? For more information and more design plagiarism check out You Thought We Wouldn’t Notice.
What is your opinion? Where is the line to be drawn between plagiarism and inspiration? Have any of your designs been plagiarised?
- Eyestrain and Weight Gain: How to Avoid Common Risk Factors of a Desk Job (2)
- The Most Extensive & High Quality Design Resource Bundle Ever (4)
- Content Marketing in 2015: Trends Are A-Changing (3)
- Free Vector EPS Pack of Flat Office Icons + Win More! (26)
- How to Handle Angry, Frustrated or Upset Clients (6)