Blog Action Day: Stand Up To Poverty, October 15thPosted on 16
October 15th is Blog Action Day 2008. Get involved.
What is Blog Action Day?
“Blog Action Day is an annual nonprofit event that aims to unite the world’s bloggers, podcasters and videocasters, to post about the same issue on the same day. The aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion.” - This year the discussion is poverty.
In layman’s words… the goal of Blog Action Day is to get as many bloggers as possible writing about the same issue on the same day and to do it in a unique way that is associated with their own blog.
You can read more about Blog Action Day here.
To raise the awareness about poverty and make people talk, think and act about it.
Did you know half the world — nearly three billion people — live on less than two dollars a day?
There are even more frightening facts than that.
What Can Just One Person Do?
More details are available on the Blog Action website .
What to do now?
Blog about it now, let others know about Blog Action Day and line up a story to be posted on October 15th too. Register your blog and get more information by going to the official Blog Action Day website.
- Taking UX to the Next Level in 2014: How to Exceed Customer Expectations (4)
- 4 Successful Marketing Campaigns that Rocked the World! (8)
- The Current State of Illustration and How to Succeed in 2014 (7)
- My Logo for Jerry Seinfeld shown at Superbowl Half Time (8)
- The 2013 Logo of The Year + Runner Ups (9)