Top 7 Most Cliché Stock Images Used in Web DesignPosted on 30
Sometimes clients ask us to implement ‘not-so-unique’ elements into our designs and sometimes it seems almost impossible to convince them otherwise, however, hopefully this post can suggest some reasons why not to use the old web design stock imagery clichés.
I will do this simply by showcasing the most generic and cliché stock images (still) used in web design today. Please also take note that there is nothing wrong with using any of these images if used appropriately.
The Four Part Series
- Top 7 Most Overused Techniques & Elements Used in Graphic Design
- Top 7 Most Overused Icons / Shapes Used in Graphic Design
- Top 7 Fonts Used by Professionals In Graphic Design
- Top 7 Most Overused Stock Images Used in Web Design
Below is the fourth article.
The Business Handshake
The Call Center Woman / Man
Group Of Business People
The Rising Finance Graph
The World / Globe
How To Avoid Using Cliché Stock Imagery
Avoiding clichés in web design may be difficult especially when the client wants a particular image however the best way to get around it is to ask “why”. Why do you want that that particular image used? Is there another way to portray that without the use of cliché stock images? Always ask yourself what you are trying to communicate and then work from that.
Is there any other cliché imagery you think should be added to this list?
- Black Friday + Cyber Monday Deals for Graphic Designers, Developers & Geeks (6)
- How to Optimize Your Facebook Posts for Maximum Shareability (0)
- The 4 Main UX Pitfalls to Avoid When Designing Your Website (3)
- 5 Internet Marketing Mistakes You May Be Making (3)
- 20 Font Families, 200+ Individual Fonts (Worth $1,721) Just $29 (1)