Pay The CreatorPosted on 23
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
“Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.”
~ Alexander Hamilton
Getting paid the fair amount is something that a lot of creatives have to stand up for and in some cases, fight for. Doug Cloud, a friendly designer who I had the pleasure of meeting back in early 2008 (& later interviewed) recently left this comment on the article Why logo design does not cost $5.00?:
I always get emails from people wanting design work from me either for free or next to nothing. This is quite an insult, since I am a professional designer. Personally I think a lot of people really don’t understand what a graphic designer does, because what we produce isn’t a tangible object you can hold in your hands (like say groceries or a new HDTV) and so it’s easy to assume that it doesn’t have much value or that it’s easy to do. My hope is that people will read Jacob’s article and come away with a better understanding of the designing process and the people who make such designs.
Doug C. Next time you get one of those, send them this.
The moral? Pay the creator what they deserve.
- How to Create Influencer Outreach Emails that Work (0)
- 10 Smart Visual Content Ideas to Boost Traffic & Engagement (5)
- MojoThemes’ 6th Birthday Bundle: WordPress Themes, Plugins & More (1)
- The Modern Designer’s Bundle: 1000s of Pro Resources, 99% Off (3)
- 6 Steps to Secure Your Dream Graduate Design Job (4)