10 Commercial Fonts Every Print Designer Should OwnPosted on 31
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
What do you believe are the top commercial fonts that every print designer should own? Issue 166 of Computer Arts magazine suggested these ten below and I thought they were a good pick. What about you?
In no particular order…
Excelsior is good for magazines, newspapers, posters and signage.
Perpetua is good for displays with fine lettering and heavy text pages.
Stempel Schneidler is good for display work, high-class publications and posters.
Trajan is good for books and magazines, aged and classical looks.
Walbaum is good for magazines, journals and corporate communication.
Akzidenz-Grotesk is good for large signage and all printed material.
Avenir is good for book sleeves, headlines, logos and posters.
Leitura is good for signage, posters and displays.
Meta is good for text, numbering and corporate communication.
Akkurat is good for text, editorial and posters.
- Top 100 Fonts Of All Time
- 30 Fonts All Designers Must Know & Should Own
- How To Choose A Font
- Designer’s Favourite Fonts & Why
Miss a favourite font of yours? What would your top 10 commerical print fonts be? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Feng Shui Design Tips & Techniques for Your Office & Life (3)
- Movie Review: “Print the Legend” Offers a Peek Behind the Home 3D Printing Revolution (2)
- Web Site Designs From Around The World – 17 Highlights (8)
- Surprise & Delight your Customers: 10 Awesome Examples (10)
- 20 All New Best Selling Fonts inc. Web Fonts. $1894 down to $29! (2)