A quick copywriting tip to get more subscribersPosted on 05
I recently wrote an article for Freelance Folder about how to get more subscribers by adding an email subscription box and within the comments, Troy Peterson left a great tip on how to optimise the copywriting to maximize subscription signups and I thought it was worth sharing…
One thing that will improve your signups as well, is to replace “Subscribe” with “Get Updates”.
Many people tend to associate “Subscribe” with some type of commitment. This is typically carried over from the old days of Magazine subscriptions, where people had to commit for a year and pay a price.
Even with the name “free” on it, people are still hesitant.
I recommend trying “Get Updates by Email” or “Get Updates by RSS”.
Of course, it’s always good practice to do a before and after testing to find the best results: but, it’s well worth the small effort to make the changes.
Below you can see how I have worded my new subscription box, along with a few other minor adjustments.
Update 6/11/09: I’ve slightly updated the copy to what is seen above.
Could it do better? What’s your opinion?
- How to Create Influencer Outreach Emails that Work (0)
- 10 Smart Visual Content Ideas to Boost Traffic & Engagement (5)
- MojoThemes’ 6th Birthday Bundle: WordPress Themes, Plugins & More (1)
- The Modern Designer’s Bundle: 1000s of Pro Resources, 99% Off (3)
- 6 Steps to Secure Your Dream Graduate Design Job (5)