2010 Logo Design TrendsPosted on 21
Logo Lounge, one of my favourite logo design inspiration galleries, posts the latest logo design trends each year, based from submissions to their gallery. This morning, the founder Bill Gardner, released the the 2010 Logo Design Report based on the analysis of the latest 35000+ submissions.
Below is a quick snapshot of the 2010 logo design trends:
On this topic of trends, one should not follow trends for the sake of following them. As Bill Gardner points out:
Every year, it’s worth noting that this is a report on trends, not a recipe book of styles. It is also not a finite list: There are other valid trends out there that are not mentioned here.
The report should serve you as an ongoing view of where logo design is headed. The word “trends” in itself can have a very negative cast, but in truth, trends aren’t bad. They reveal our growth. It’s our take on them that allows us to move even further forward.
Do these identity / branding trends effect you or your process? Do you agree with these suggestions? Have you noticed any other trends?’
Six Logos Featured In Logo Lounge Vol. 6
On a similar note, this morning I got word that six of my logos are to be included in the Logo Lounge Vol. 6 book coming out early 2011, so I’ll take this opportunity to say a big thank you to the judges who chose to include my work: Bart Crosby of Crosby Associates, Hans Hulsbosch of Hulsbosch, Jeannie Servaas of Saffron Brand Consultants Inc., Jessica Hische of Jessica Hische, Marius Ursache of Grapefruit, Sherwin Schwartzrock of Schwartzrock Graphic Arts, Silvio Giorgi of Latinbrand, and Tessa Westermeyer of Landor. Thank you!
Past Logo Design Trends
- Logo Lounge: 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003
- Logo Orange: 2009 | 2008
- Logo Designer Blog: 2009 Logo Design Trends Discussion
© Logos showcased above are copyright of their respective owners, designers are listed on the 2010 logo design trends report page.
- Feng Shui Design Tips & Techniques for Your Office & Life (3)
- Movie Review: “Print the Legend” Offers a Peek Behind the Home 3D Printing Revolution (2)
- Web Site Designs From Around The World – 17 Highlights (8)
- Surprise & Delight your Customers: 10 Awesome Examples (10)
- 20 All New Best Selling Fonts inc. Web Fonts. $1894 down to $29! (2)