Upcoming Talk at TEDxPosted on 06
A quick post letting you know that I will be talking at TEDxCMU on April 3, 2011 at the Pittsburgh campus of Carnegie Mellon University, USA. Tickets are free but must be reserved.
There will be a varied mix of speakers on the day; Michealene C. Risley, Charlie Hoehn, Luis Von Ahn and more to be announced. You can follow TEDxCMU on Twitter to hear the latest speaker announcements.
Videos will be will be made available for free after the event.
If you haven’t heard, TEDxCMU is an independently-organized TED event that takes place at Carnegie Mellon University. TED is an annual conference held in California that brings together the world’s most fascinating thinkers, doers, and makers who are challenged to give the talk of their lives in just 18 minutes. TEDx is a program that allows communities to design their own TED-like events. We’re looking to push boundaries in terms of the quality of speakers we invite, the atmosphere of the event, and the amount of people our ideas can reach.
Be sure to bookmark these 30 inspirational TED talks on design & creativity.
The Theme: Im Possible
How can we turn the seemingly impossible into the possible? TEDxCMU is challenging our speakers to give a passionate talk that explores challenges in their lives and how they turn challenges into opportunity. We think that hardships and challenges are what society thrives on. Breaking these barriers is what sets people apart and allows them to inspire the next generation.
This will be my largest speaking event thus far (400 people) and I’ve only got 3 weeks to prepare but I am brushing up on my public speaking tips and doing what I can in the limited time I have available. Do you have any advice or links to relevant articles?
My Past Speaking Engagements:
- Boston University PRSSA “PR Advanced: Brand Yourself” conference, Feb 27th 2010, along side representatives from Dunkin’ Donuts, JetBlue, Wholefoods, Boston Red Sox and more.
- NYC College of Technology “Meet The Pros 2.0” conference, March 4th 2010.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science University, India. Via WebCam, 2009.
- Eyestrain and Weight Gain: How to Avoid Common Risk Factors of a Desk Job (2)
- The Most Extensive & High Quality Design Resource Bundle Ever (4)
- Content Marketing in 2015: Trends Are A-Changing (3)
- Free Vector EPS Pack of Flat Office Icons + Win More! (26)
- How to Handle Angry, Frustrated or Upset Clients (6)