2011 Logo Design TrendsPosted on 30
Logo Lounge, for the past nine years, has posted annual logo design trend reports and they have just released the 2011 logo design trends report. I would love to hear your thoughts on the showcased trends.
Do these identity / branding trends effect you or your process? Do you agree with these suggestions? Have you noticed any other trends?
- Logo Lounge: 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003
- Disucssion on JCD: 2011 | 2010 | 2009
On this topic of trends, one should not follow trends for the sake of following them. As Bill Gardner points out:
Every year, it’s worth noting that this is a report on trends, not a recipe book of styles. It is also not a finite list: There are other valid trends out there that are not mentioned here.
The report should serve you as an ongoing view of where logo design is headed. The word “trends” in itself can have a very negative cast, but in truth, trends aren’t bad. They reveal our growth. It’s our take on them that allows us to move even further forward.
2011 Logo Design Trends
Do these identity / branding trends effect you or your process? Do you agree with these suggestions? Have you noticed any other trends?’
© Artwork shown is copyright of their respective owners. Designer’s names & clients can be found on the original posting linked above. Original compilation by Bill Gardner.
- Taking UX to the Next Level in 2014: How to Exceed Customer Expectations (4)
- 4 Successful Marketing Campaigns that Rocked the World! (6)
- The Current State of Illustration and How to Succeed in 2014 (7)
- My Logo for Jerry Seinfeld shown at Superbowl Half Time (8)
- The 2013 Logo of The Year + Runner Ups (9)