How to design a logo in 30 secondsPosted on 29
An Atlanta-based brand, Malcolm Fontier, who produce “modern carryalls for work and travel” recently shared this video with me; it shows how they came to create their “double rectangle” logo within 30 seconds, poking a stick at the usually drawn out logo design process.
I thought the video and claimed true story was an interesting way to promote their brand & products, which seems to be geared towards those with minimalistic sensibilities.
I personally like the mark, and think it works quite well in context of the carryalls (see pic below), though the mark does have its fall-backs such as not being able to give voice to the actual brand name, Malcolm Fontier. With this said, I’m glad to see that they went with the logotype on the header of their website.
The overall brand identity of Malcolm Fontier has been pulled off quite well, though it does remind me of the approach Fresh Jive took a few years back (see pic below), when they chose to have no logo at all, just a white rectangle. I think Malcolm Fontiers’ approach is more successful as people can still come to identify & relate to the two rectangle mark, as appose to a blank space.
- 16 Great Websites with Unique & Unusual Navigation (2)
- Taking UX to the Next Level in 2014: How to Exceed Customer Expectations (5)
- 4 Successful Marketing Campaigns that Rocked the World! (6)
- The Current State of Illustration and How to Succeed in 2014 (7)
- My Logo for Jerry Seinfeld shown at Superbowl Half Time (8)