A Must Know Salary Negotiation TipPosted on 10
Over the past few weeks I’ve been job hunting in New York and during this time, I’ve been researching a lot on how to negotiate salaries. One of the best tips I picked up, was when you are asked to state your expected compensation, is to state an amount that will make you blush.
“Your ideal number should make you blush a little – or it’s not high enough.”
With this said, it should also pass the ‘laughable test‘ meaning that the amount should not make the employer laugh. You need to aim just below this laughable number.
It takes a lot of practice, and every market place is different but after a while you will soon find out your worth.
Have a salary negotiation tip to share? Please do.
Photo by peasap.
- Boost Your Brand’s Reputation with Social Media Brand Advocates – Here’s How (3)
- 21 Best Selling Script & Calligraphy Fonts – 97% Off (3)
- Free Resources for Designers and Developers – Issue #1 (1)
- 10 Top Creative Print Advertisement Campaigns (4)
- Getting Offline – In-Person Networking Tips for Design Students (6)