6 Logos Selected for Logo Lounge Vol. 7Posted on 08
I’ve mentioned Logo Lounge numerous times on this blog; but for those not familiar it is a series of books on logo & identity design, as well an online logo inspiration gallery.
This year there were 36,000 logos submitted for consideration for Logo Lounge Vol. 7 and only 2000 that could make the cut, as chosen by an international panel of judges. I am thrilled to hear that 6 logos of mine are to be published in Vol. 7, coming out in July 2012. This makes a total of 29 logos of mine that have been published in Logo Lounge’s books, as outlined below.
- Logo Lounge Vol. 6 (6 logos)
- LogoLounge Vol. 5 (2 logos)
- LogoLounge Master Library – Shapes & Symbols (9 logos)
- LogoLounge Master Library – Typography and Enclosures (6 logos)
This year I will also have a full feature case study in the book, outlining the design process of an identity I created for Menu Cover Depot (see below). I’ve already submitted the article and will share it next year, once it is printed.
Congratulations to those who have their logo’s included thus far & for those that lucked out, I wish you better luck for next year! To submit for next year, become a member of Logo Lounge & start uploading.
My 6 Selected Logos
Below you can see my six selected logos.
Menu Cover Depot
Menu Cover Depot is an online service that caters to restaurants needing menu covers.
This was my tribute piece in response to the Japan 8.9 Earthquake / Tsunami disaster that happened in March this year. I made the graphic free for public use and also into a poster, that’s been downloaded over 1300 times.
The graphic has since made over $15,000 in sales on Second Life, been used by Rotary clubs over the world and is still in use on people’s Facebook profiles. Truly humbling to see such a simple piece do so much.
Eton Financial is a prestigious financial education services provider. The symbolism behind the mark comes from the shape of the roofs of the original Eton College in London, as well as ‘E’ of Eton and a castle / crown, depending how one perceives it.
Yoga Tripper is a website focused on providing services to yoga studio owners & those interested in yoga.
This was for an iPhone App that unfortunately never saw the light of day.
Logo Trends From Logo Lounge
- Logo Lounge: 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003
- Logo Trend Discussion on JCD: 2011 | 2010 | 2009
- Blogging For Startups: 7 Tips To Jump Start Your Startup Venture (7)
- 12 Logos Selected for Logo Lounge Book 9 (10)
- Eyestrain and Weight Gain: How to Avoid Common Risk Factors of a Desk Job (2)
- The Most Extensive & High Quality Design Resource Bundle Ever (5)
- Content Marketing in 2015: Trends Are A-Changing (3)