BrightLounge.TV Video Podcast InterviewPosted on 13
I was recently interviewed on BrightLounge TV, which is a website focused on providing “relaxing video podcasts on the topics of design, startups and technology”. The questions I answer in the video are outlined below. The video is also combined with some great freelance travel tips from the interviewers, Bryan & Catalina.
My interview goes for about 12 minutes starting at 9:35. You can view it below or much larger over on BrightLounge.
- How did you get started with identity design?
- What was your first experience with a big client like?
- Have you ever had an experience with a client who had strange expectations or made awkward requests that you wouldn’t have expected?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to freelancers getting started with identity design? Is there anything that you learned the hard way?
- What is the role of identity design in social change? Can you brand a cause and change people’s behavior or attitude about it?
- What do you do to turn a logo design project into a long term commitment with the client where you continue to work more on things like their overall branding strategy?
- During your travels, have you noticed any kind of cultural differences in how the idea of identity design has evolved and is being implemented? Anything you haven’t expected?
- Where have you traveled? A traveler like you probably has a really cool story related to your experiences in a different country. Tell us some of those stories.
- When you travel, how do you optimize your workflow, if you have to also work on a project while traveling? Any tips for traveling freelancers?
- Besides traveling, what else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What is something that excites you right now, it can be anything, doesn’t need to be related to design.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
- 21 Best Selling Script & Calligraphy Fonts – 97% Off (3)
- Free Resources for Designers and Developers – Issue #1 (1)
- 10 Top Creative Print Advertisement Campaigns (4)
- Getting Offline – In-Person Networking Tips for Design Students (4)
- Artistic Design Bundle (1000s of Popular Creative Items) – Just $29 (6)