JUST™ LaunchedPosted on 21
Feel free to explore and let me know your thoughts. Below is a quick outline of some of the features found throughout the site.
Website Info & Features
- Built using WordPress and the Skeleton Boilerplate
- Web fonts (Proxima Nova and Droid Serif) served by Typekit
- Hosting by Media Temple
- Responsive design with 5 viewport sizes (resize your browser to see this in action). Features Retina Display optimised images.
- Custom designed by myself in Photoshop & Illustrator, using the 960 Grid System
- Developed by Dan Rose with HTML5 and CSS3 (Hoodie Framework). Portfolio functionality from Reaction (Brandon Jones), developed in part by Craig Waterman.
- Filterable gallery portfolio with multiple layouts (see icons on right of portfolio page)
- Logo rollover over effects on main navigation
- Dynamic drop down photo which reveals my bio (in sidebar on article pages)
- Dynamic ‘To Top’ button to easily get to the top of the page, displayed when needed
- jQuery vertical accordion menu for the mobile drop down menu navigation
- jQuery / CSS article sidebar for easy navigating
- jQuery transition slide effects
- Responsive ads so they are displayed on all view ports
- Hidden pull down menu to view recent work and more (Find it?)
- Threaded comments on new posts
- Highlighted author comments
- Hidden track backs / backlinks that you can reveal
- Google Custom Site Search for accurate and quick searching
- prettyPhoto integration for showing photos in a Lightbox
- Large footer that can you can hide or show depending on your preference
Still To Do
Add a dynamic slider on the home page (will also work with touch gestures)
- Add more portfolio items
- Fix speed problems across the server. (Having troubles with this, as I believe it is related to memory / apache – something I am not well versed in).
Fix bugs as they are found
Bugs / Suggestions / Feedback
If you find anything that looks out of place, or have a suggestion please do let me know. Please note your browser and it’s version when sending, thank you!
- Boost Your Brand’s Reputation with Social Media Brand Advocates – Here’s How (3)
- 21 Best Selling Script & Calligraphy Fonts – 97% Off (3)
- Free Resources for Designers and Developers – Issue #1 (1)
- 10 Top Creative Print Advertisement Campaigns (4)
- Getting Offline – In-Person Networking Tips for Design Students (6)