The Freelance Handbook & Branding In-depth GuidePosted on 19
I mentioned in my last news post that I was to be featured in a Computer Arts publication by the name of ‘The Freelance Handbook‘. I’ve just got my hands on a copy and was pretty stoked to see my feature spread over 8 full pages. An extremely generous gesture by Future Publishing and very humbling.
The feature profile goes over my career in brief, showcases select pieces of web and identity work as well as interviews me about my process, self promotion, pricing tips, business basics and more. An outline and photos can be seen below.
About The Freelance Handbook
This 116 page special issue from the makes of Computer Arts magazine brings you essential advice, tips and guidance to help you succeed as a freelance creative.
To kick-start your own freelance career, we’ve compiled a gamut of tips and techniques to help you manage your time better, stay on top of your finances, promote yourself more effectively and much more.
- Creative Showcase: A gallery of exciting new freelance talent
- Top Profiles: Freelancers from around the world share their secrets, and their creative journeys so far
- Tutorials & Tips: Discover expert techniques to get yourself noticed
- Unique Insight: Essential advice to kick-start your freelance career
The special issue can be bought for £9.99 + Shipping.
Below you can see some snaps of the magazine and my feature.
Computer Arts Collection: Branding
Another publication put out by CA is their ‘Collection Series‘ which is a six-part annual series packed with insight & inspiration from the global design industry.
Volume 1 features “definitive guide to the core creative fields of: graphic design, typography, illustration, branding, photography and advertising”.
Part 1 (Graphic Design) and Part 4 (Branding) are on my bookshelf at home and are highly recommended! They are beautifully designed, well researched and extremely insightful. You can find all of the series in the Computer Arts shop.
A big thanks to Computer Arts for the feature and unbiasedly, being one of the best design mags on the market today.
A Few of My Other Features
- Jacob Cass Shares His Insights on 1st Web Designer (Posted Recently)
- Layers Magazine: Instant Inspiration
- Mashable’s Top 10 Web Design Bloggers To Follow
- Featured in the Sydney Morning Herald: “The Future Looks Bright”
- Featured in the New York Post as the “Top graphic designer in NYC” (ha!)
- More features found in my Press section.
- Taking UX to the Next Level in 2014: How to Exceed Customer Expectations (4)
- 4 Successful Marketing Campaigns that Rocked the World! (6)
- The Current State of Illustration and How to Succeed in 2014 (6)
- My Logo for Jerry Seinfeld shown at Superbowl Half Time (8)
- The 2013 Logo of The Year + Runner Ups (9)