Logitech recently released a mouse called the Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse, a “luxury mouse for PC and Macs” which is damn comfortable!
This is an upgrade to their previous model ‘Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse’ which was my mouse for years. But this one is even better.
So this is my number #1 recommendation for designers, or anyone really.
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with upto 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- Advanced ergonomic design: Perfectly sculpted, hand crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- Auto shift scrolling: Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto shifts on the fly from click to click to hyper fast scrolling; Wireless operating distance: 10 m
- Battery: rechargeable Li-Po (500 mAh) battery. Rechargable battery: Upto 70 days of power on a single charge; Number of buttons: 7
The best feature that differs this mouse from any other is the ergonomics and how it fits into your hand — it fits pretty much like a glove, it’s so perfect although those with small hands may disagree! It’s the right weight and is super comfortable, perfect for a graphic designer or web addict who never leaves the computer.
The next best thing would have to be the scroll wheel which glides through pages depending on how fast you flick the wheel — this is so cool, I repeat, so cool.
The next best feature of the mouse would be the buttons on the side of the mouse (see pic at top) which allows you to scroll through your applications with your fingers instead of using Alt+Tab. There is also another handy search button on the top of the mouse which means you can search documents or the net with just a click! Really useful!
It is wireless and comes with a USB charging cord, and the batteries last weeks. You can charge the mouse while using it, unlike the (un)mighty Apple mouse.
The only downfall of this beauty is the price tag (approx $69–99) and it is for right handers only.
What type of mouse do you use?
You may also be interested in what other things graphic designers would like – ie. for a birthday or Christmas.