Looking for the best power bank / portable charger for your smart phone, laptop or device? Look no further!
With the foothold that technology has in our daily lives, making sure that all of your devices, from your smartphone to your drawing tablet stay charged is essential.
Which one do you go with though? There can be so many different options that it can easily be confusing which is why we wanted to share our list of the Best Power Banks for Designers in 2019 and advice on how to choose the one that’s right for you.
This post is perfect for those looking for a Wireless Charging Portable Power Bank or Battery Pack for their Laptop, Camera, Tablet or Smartphone including iPhones, Samsung Galaxys and any other smart devices.
Let’s start there, shall we?
More Top Gear for Designers
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best earphones for music-lovers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best pens for creatives
- Best phones for designers & creatives
Top Laptops & Computers
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best chromebooks for designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best computers for video editing
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for video editing
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
How to choose a Power Bank?
Like any piece of technology you may use, you can always choose the first one you see, but you’re unlikely to get one that does everything you need it to.
For a power bank, there are a few things that we suggest you look at before you buy.
Measured in milliamp-hour, commonly known as “mAh” is important to consider because it tells you how much power it will use to charge your tech and also how often you may need to charge it. It can be common to see capacities ranging from 2,000mAh to 15,000mAh, some power banks on the market have a capacity of 40,000mAh.
The higher the capacity, the more times use can use it to charge your device. While many people will use a power bank to charge more than one device, knowing how many devices you plan on charging with the device will help you pick a capacity
A power bank is meant to be a device that is easily portable so that when you’re on the go, you can plug your device in, put the device in your bag or pocket and go. If your power bank is larger than your phone, you may want to consider a new one. The physical size of the power bank does not affect the capacity that it comes with.
It is pretty simple, the more ports a power bank has, the more devices it can charge at the same time. Typically though, the number of ports that a bank has will increase the physical size of the device. If you’re looking for one you can put in your pocket, it may only come with one of two ports.
Out of what you should consider, the voltage has to be one of the most important and that’s because of the potential safety risk. You don’t want to buy a power bank that has a voltage higher than the battery of the device you’re charging.
This is because if the power bank has a higher voltage, it can cause your device’s battery to swell and possibly explode. If the voltage is less than the battery, it may not charge the device at all. Always check compatibility.
It always comes down to price as a consideration when you choose what to buy. With power banks ranging from $24 to $199, finding something within your budget shouldn’t be too difficult. Cheaper is not always better and you do get what you pay for, so making sure it has what you need is important.
Top Power Banks for Designers in 2019 – Introduction
With all of the options out there when it comes to power banks, we wanted to make sure that the ones we chose fit the needs of a designer or creative that may be on the go.
- Anker PowerCore 20100 power bank – ($39)
- MAXOAK 50,000mAh Power Bank – ($129)
- RAVPower Luster portable charger – ($19)
- iMuto 30,000mAh power bank – ($45)
- RAVPower Universal Power Bank Travel Charger – ($79)
- Mophie Powerstation Plus XL – ($68)
- Anker PowerCore II 10,000mAh power bank – ($35)
- AUKEY Power Bank 20,000mAh – ($33)
- Omni 20 USB-C Portable Power Bank – ($199)
- Poweradd Pilot 4GS – ($24)
Best Portable Chargers in 2019 Compared
Best Power Banks in 2019
The Best Overall Power Bank
Weight: 354g | Size: 16.6 x 5.8 x 2.2cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Number of ports: 2 | Included cables: Micro USB | Compatible with: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPad,, Samsung S9, Samsung Note 8, 12-inch MacBook 2015
When choosing a power bank, the PowerCore 20100 from Anker has everything you need. With two 2.4 Amp ports, you can easily charge two devices at once. The capacity of 20,100mAh means you can use this multiple times before you need to recharge the bank. If your devices use either PowerIQ or VoltageBoost, it can charge them very quickly and all at a very affordable price.Learn More
- The Anker Advantage:Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity:Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 8 almost seven times, the Galaxy S8 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- High-Speed Charging: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge(does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge). Recharges itself in 10 hours with a 2 amp charger, phone chargers...
- Certified Safe: Anker's MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
The Best Capacity Power Bank
Weight: 1.26kg | Size: 20.6 x 13.5 x 3.3cm | Battery capacity: 50,000Ah | Included cables: USB Cable | Number of ports: 6 | Compatible with: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S7, S6, S5, S4, S3, Note 4, Note 3, Note 2, Note 7, iPad Air, iPad Air2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, Lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, Surface Pro 3 Surface Pro 4.
If you have a lot of pf devices that you carry around with you, the Power Bank from MAXOAK is exactly what you’re looking for. With six ports, it’s perfect for all of your devices or even in a group of colleagues all in need of a quick charge. With 50,000mAh of capacity, you’re not going to run out of power anytime soon. The only real downside is that it isn’t compatible with a MacBook.Learn More
- Superior Quality&SAFETY Guaranteed: Conform to UL1642 and UL2056 Standards. Constructed with Lithium-ion Polymer Battery Cells&Built-in 6 Security Protections to Ensure Safety Use and 1000+ Long...
- Long-lasting DC Power Bank for Laptops:Ultra High Capacity 50000mAh(3.7V)/185Wh(130W Max.).Compatible With a Wide Variety of Laptops(Max.130W)- Dell HP Lenovo Surface pro 2/3/4(DC12V) Sony Samsung...
- DC20V/DC12V/USB5V Outputs:All-IN-1 FAST CHARGE Battery Pack.It Features with 1*DC20V/5A for Laptops(18.5V~20.5V), 1*DC12V/2.5A for Cameras,Routers,LED lights, 2*USB 5V/2.1A and 2*USB 5V/1A For Smart...
- Emergency Battery Backup for Outdoors. Size 8.1" x 5.3" x 1.3" And Weight 2.77lb.You Can Easily Put This Portable Charger in Your Briefcase ,Backpack Or the Carrying Bag. Keep your laptops, Phones,...
- WHAT YOU CAN GET: 1 x Laptop power bank(K2),1 x AC Adapter, 1 x DC cable, 14 x DC connector for Laptops, 1 x Multifunction bag, 1 x Manual.
The Best Power Bank On A Budget
Weight: 141g | Size: 8.9 x 4.2 x 2.2cm | Battery capacity: 6,700mAh | Included cables: Micro USB | Number of ports: 1 | Compatible with: iPhone 8, Plus, X, 10, 7, 7 Plus,iPad, iPad 2, iPad Mini, Air, Air 2 Pro; Samsung Galaxy S8, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S5, 4 Note 8, 5, 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 4, 4;; Google Pixel XL;
While it’s designed to be a budget-friendly option, the power bank from RAVPower isn’t a lightweight in the capacity department with 6,700mAh which can be enough to charge your smartphone after a long day and weighs about the same as well. This can be a perfect backup option that can easily be thrown into a carry on bag before you board a flight and is compatible with a wide array of devices.Learn More
- 2X faster charger: 2a input can save half of the time to fully charge the 6700mAh portable charger (please use a 2a or higher output charger); 2.4a output makes it Charge other devices 2X faster than...
- Exclusive smart technology: charge faster and smarter than others, automatically detects and delivers the optimal charging current for any connected device- ensuring the fastest and most efficient...
- Compact body, amazing capacity: fitting in the palm of your hand, up to two charges for iPhone 6, or more than one charge for large phones like 6 Plus, Note 4, etc.
- Unique design: made with an ergonomic design that is carefully matched with a gorgeous metal Shell that will transform you into a style icon, while 4 status LEDs keep you informed of remaining...
- Safety protection: Ultra reliable A+ lithium-ion battery with over 500 battery charge cycles; short-circuit and over-current protection. This battery pack will automatic shutdown if a short circuit or...
The Best Power Bank Combination Of Capacity and Ports
Weight: 670g | Size: 6.7 x 3.4 x 1.2 inches | Battery capacity: 30,000mAh | Included cables: Micro USB | Number of ports: 1 | Compatible with: iPhone 8, Plus, X, 10, 7, 7 Plus,; iPad, iPad 2, iPad Mini, Air, Air 2 Pro; Samsung Galaxy S8, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S5, 4 Note 8, 5, 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab; Google Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P, 7, 9, 10; Google Pixel XL
As one of the highest capacity compact power banks out there, the iMuto comes with a large 30,000mAh capacity with is enough to charge your smartphone six times and can also give your MacBook and other laptops a charge and with its affordable price makes it a great option for any designer or creative.Learn More
- High Capacity(30000mAh):It is safer to use, Optimum size among the same capacity power bank with build in A Class Lithium polymer batteries.And it could charge iphone 11 6.2 times, iPhone X 7 times,...
- Digi-Power Technology: Smart digital screen shows remaining power in digital format, and it's hidden until activated. Taurus X6 fits for almost all USB-powered devices.(DO NOT WORK WITH MACBOOK PRO)
- iM-Power Technology: All USB ports detect your device intelligently and deliver quick charging, 3*USB 5V/3.4A (Max.), supporting to charge three devices at the same time.
- Multiple Smart Protection System: keeps your devices safe from over-charging, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit.
- What You Get: X6 External Battery Pack, Micro USB cable, Travel waterproof pouch, User guide, our 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
The Best Power Bank for your laptop
Weight: 585g | Size: 6.5 x 6.5 x 14.5cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Included cables: 2 Micro USB cables (20cm and 60cm) | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: Most Macbooks; Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, Dell XPS 13-inch; most iPhones and iPads; Samsung Galaxy S8, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge S 5/4 note 8/5/4; Samsung Galaxy Tab 3/4/4; LG G6 G5 G4 G3, V10,Google Nexus 5, 5X 6, 6P, 7, 9, 10; Google Pixel XL;
When you’re on the move for work, you don’t always have the time or opportunity to plug in your laptop or smartphone which is why the travel charger from RAVPower is such an attractive option. With a Type-C port and a Smart USB port, you can easily charge your MacBook and your phone at the same time at the battery capacity of 20,100mAh can handle both easily.Learn More
- New-and-improved version: 2-prong AC output with a power supply on/ off switch indicator for devices up to 50W (to turn on the AC power, hold the power button for 8 seconds)
- Charge two devices at once: Type-C and ismart USB ports allow for fast and simultaneous charging of a MacBook and another Device (Type-C port only supports output)
- A 20100mAh Power fortress: enough juice to charge an iPhone 7 up to 5. 6 times, a Galaxy S8 up to 3. 7 times, or the 12” MacBook up to 1 time
- Faster recharge between uses: with the 19V/1. 6a DC input, The battery recharges in just 3. 5 hours while 5 LED lights indicate remaining battery
- Advanced protection: Keep your gadgets safe from overcharge, short circuit, and power surges with air vents for heat dissipation
The Best Power Bank for iPhone
Weight: 277g | Size: 8 x 1.7 x 15.5 cm | Battery capacity: 12,000mAh | Included cables: Integrated Lightning cable | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: Apple devices, most USB devices and wearables
Using an iPhone or iPad as one of your primary tools can drain the battery down to almost nothing. The Powerstation Plus XL from Mophie is the best power bank for your Apple device. with a Lightning cable adapter makes it a perfect option and can easily be removed to charge devices with a micro USB. The 12,000mAh capacity gives you more than enough power to charge your phone or other device multiple times. If you know someone who is always ib their iPhone, you may want to consider picking this up.Learn More
- 12,000mAh portable battery with build-in switch-tip cable
- Triple-tested battery ensures peak performance and safe operation
- 2.1 amp output-charge smartphones or tablets
- Slim easy-to-carry design and aluminum finish
- The #1 and most trusted brand in portable power
The best light-weight travel power bank
Weight: 181g | Size: 9.2 x 6 x 2.2cm | Battery capacity: 10,000Ah | Included cables: 60cm Micro-USB Cable | Number of ports: 1 | Compatible with: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPad; Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10; Samsung S9, Samsung Note 8;
While it doesn’t have the larges battery capacity that some of the other power banks may have, the PowerCore 1 from Anker is a great on-the-go option if your phone needs a quick charge if you’re catching a ride in a taxi or waiting for your interview to begin. No bigger than a pack of cards, the PowerCore II is an easy to carry option for those in need of something easy to use.Learn More
- [The Anker advantage] Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology
- [PowerIQ 2. 0] our brand-new exclusive technology. Intelligently identifies your device to deliver the fastest possible charge
- [Sleek and compact] Designed with optimal portability in mind. Slips easily in and out of a purse, pocket, or bag
- [Rapid recharge] top up the battery in as little as 4 hours with a quick charge charger
- [What you get] Anker power core II 10000 portable charger, Micro USB cable (USB-C and lightening cables sold separately), travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month and friendly customer...
The power bank with the best warranty
Weight: 387g | Size: 150 x 83 x 21mm | Battery capacity: 20,000mAh | Included cables: Micro-USB cable | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, Samsung S9, Samsung Note 8, iPad and others
While overall, the Power Bank from AUKEY has a lot of the features that can be found on many other power banks including a battery capacity of 20,000mAh and the option to charge two devices at once, what stands out to us is the 24-month warranty which is much more than the warranties offered by other manufacturers. Unless you always have to have the newest tech as it comes out, the warranty can make this a great option to consider.Learn More
- Convenient Inputs: Use one cable to charge your devices and power bank
- Adaptive Charge: Dual AiPower USB ports simultaneously refill two USB-powered devices at up to 3.4A
- 20000mAh of Power: Fully charge your 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1.4 times, iPhone XS 6 times, or Samsung Galaxy Note9 4 times
- Safety Features: Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- Package Contents: AUKEY PB-N36 20000mAh Power Bank, Micro-USB Cable, User Manual, 24-Month Promise and Customer Support
The best high-end power bank
Weight: 499g | Size: 13 x 3 x 13cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Included cables: USB-C charging cable | Number of ports: 4 (2 USB & 2 USC) | Compatible with: Latest USB-C MacBook Pros, iPhone 8/X, USB-C phones, laptops
While there are many great options at a cheaper price, for those who have the money, the Portable Power Bank from Omni 20 comes with four ports and can charge your laptop and is also a USB hub. It can be a great office or collaborating option. You can even recharge the device while it is charging your devices. If money is not an issue, this may be the power bank for you.Learn More
- Superior Power: Omnicharge is the first smart power bank with AC/DC outlets to charge your laptops, DSLR cameras, & more
- Portable Charging: The Omni 20 can charge iPhones & Galaxy phones 5-9 times and offers a 100% charge to a MacBook Air
- Laptop Grade USB-C: Equipped with high powered 60W USB-C Ports, the Omni 20+ is capable of powering even the most demanding USB-C laptops like MacBooks, Lenovo, Dell and more
- Wireless Charging: Leave your charging cable at home and charge your wireless compatible phone just by placing your phone on top of the Omni 20+
- Warranty: Omnicharge comes with a 1-year limited warranty and lifetime customer support. The Omni 20 includes a USB charging cable and a USB-C charging cable. Fast charger sold separately
The Best Slim Compact Power Bank
Weight: 274g | Size: 5.43 x 2.91 X 0.54 inches | Battery capacity: 12,000mAh | Included cables: USB cable | Compatible with: iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, Samsung S6 edge
With a slimline design, the Poweradd Pilot 4GS can be carried around comfortably in your pocket while the very capable battery life charges your device. If you’re looking for a power bank as a way to top off the charge on your device, the 12,000nAh battery will provide you with a few more hours juice.Learn More
- iOS 8-Pin Input Design - The built-in 8-Pin Connector has been licensed, which means you only need one cable to carry around if you are outside for your iOS devices. Recharges with 5V/2A adapter is...
- ID Indentify Tech - Auto detect the charging requirement from your devices and allow simultaneously charging for your devices up to 3A(max) per port; which means you only need 1 hour to fully charge...
- Compact Design & Powerful Capacity - A fresh anodized finish aluminum alloy body with Unique Anti-Fingerprints design,12000mAh rechargeable capacity provide more than 3 charges for an iPhone XR or...
- Intelligent Safety Protection - Grade A+ Li-polymer cell premium microchips multi-protect system. Supports over-charged, over-discharged, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit protection;...
- What You Get: 1 x POWERADD Pilot 4GS Portable Charger, 1 x MFi 8-Pin Cable, 1 x User Manual, 24-month limited product warranty and friendly customer service
Best Powerbanks for Designers in 2019
When it comes to choosing a power bank to help keep your devices charged, there are a lot of options out there. We hope that our list of the Best Powerbanks for Designers in 2019 has given you some great options worth considering,
Is there a power bank that you swear by and it’s not on our list? Let us know in the comments below