The best brand strategy resources on the web, including the top courses, books, podcasts, communities, frameworks, models and more.
Have another one to add? Let us know.
Related: See our top logo design resources.
Top Brand Strategy Resources
Click to jump to your preferred section:
Best Brand Strategy Courses
Below is a summary of all the best brand strategy courses we reviewed in detail here.
|Brand Master Secrets||Brand Master Academy||120 Videos, 20 Hours||$497|
|CORE||The Futur||15 Videos, 4 hours||$489-$1729|
|Activate Your Strategic Brain||Stef Hamerlinck||8 Hours||$299|
|eResonaid||Fabian Geyrhalter||15 Videos, 1.5 Hours||
|Story Brand (SB7)||Donald Miller||10 Hours||$275|
|LEVEL C||Marty Neumeier||1-2 Days In Person||$1060-$1560|
|Brand Strategy Class||Mark Pollard||1.5 hours||Free (2m Trial)|
Free Brand Strategy Courses & Resources
- Skillshare – Type in ‘brand strategy’ into their search (Includes 2 months free trial)
- Archetypal Branding on Udemy – 1.5 hour course on brand archetypes
- Strategyzer – 30+ downloads & videos that you can use to better design, test, and assess your business
- The Futur’s YouTube Channel – See their video on How to become a brand strategist
- Brand Master Academy Blog – Dozens of in-depth resources on brand strategy
- Free Core Values Worksheet – A free download to help define your core values
Also check out the JUST Branding Podcast. Each episode goes deep into the details of the brand building process, with professional insights, actionable tips and resources to help you build better brands.
Best Branding & Brand Strategy Books
- The Brand Gap (also Flip & Scramble) – by Marty Neumeier
- Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller
- Creative Strategy & the Business of Design by Douglas Davis
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin
- Burn Your Portfolio by Michael Janda
- Pricing Creativity by Blair Enns
- The Win Without Pricing Manifesto by Blair Enns
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E Gerber
- Brutally Honest by Emily Ruth Cohen
- Bigger Than This by Fabian Gehyrhalter
- Brand Fix by Kady Sandel
- Storategy by Matt Davies
- For more, see our list of the best brand strategy books
Best Brand Strategy Podcasts
- JUST Branding (with Jacob Cass & Matt Davies)
- Hitting The Mark
- Brand Strategy Podcast
- Let’s Talk Branding
- Logo Geek
- How Brands Are Built
- Business Wars
- More branding podcasts
Best Branding & Brand Strategy Communities
- JUST Creative Facebook
- JUST Creative Inner Triangle (Paid)
- The Futur
- The Futur Pro Group (Paid)
- Brand Master Academy
Other Brand Strategy Resources
- 1 Day Brand Sprint – A free interactive board to help define your brand, in one day.
- Brand Development & Planning Board by Dan Wilkinson – A few tools to help define your brand.
- A list brand strategy resources compiled by Stef Hamerlinck
- Strat It Up by Julia Braga ($25) – Julia’s framework + worksheets for developing resilient brands. Perfect for start ups, small businesses, and brand designers who want to learn how to develop their own strategy.
Best Strategy Frameworks, Models, PDFs, Templates & Examples
- The Brand Spectrum – a look at a brand strategy project.
- The Brand Key – Important aspects of a brand within a visual shape.
- Swot Analyis – SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis is a framework.
- Brand, Branding Explained – Learn the fundamentals of brand & their differences
- The Strategic Pyramid – Brand Purpose, Mission, Vision & Values
- Free Brand Strategy Workbook – A ten step workbook that will help you build an extraordinary brand.
Value Proposition by Geoff More
For [your target customer]
who [statement of need or opportunity]
our [product/service name]
is [product category]
that [statement of benefit]
Example: For chicken farmers who lose a lot of their flock to predators, SuperCoop’s rugged and connected coop is a simple and effective way to keep the foxes out of the henhouse.
Best Insight Gathering Resources
- WGSN: the leading website in trend reports in different industries. The full reports are paid.
- LSN Global Macro trends & micro trends.
- JWT Intelligence: Tons of free content in many different industries such as tech, lifestyle, food & drink
- CB Insights: Data driven research, great visualisations on many different industries.
- Reddit has many sub groups to explore to gather insights.
Have a brand strategy resource recommendation? Let us know.
Thanks to Stefan of Let’s Talk Branding for a few of the resources above.