Getting a new laptop can feel like a daunting task. There are a lot of factors to consider! T
here can be confusing terms like HDD storage, SSD storage, RAM, display, Operating System, and many more. But don’t worry! These will all make sense as you get to know them better.
Out of all these factors, we’ll be focusing more on RAM. This stands for Random Access Memory. You can think of it as the short-term memory of your computer. It determines how well your computer can handle multitasking without lagging.
Today, we’ll be focusing on the best 8GB RAM laptops. Let’s dive in!
6 Best 8 GB RAM Laptops in 2022
What is the best laptop with 8GB RAM?
Apple MacBook Air M1 can be considered the best laptop with 8GB RAM with all the essential features.
You can also read our blog on 10+ Best Battery Life Laptops.
6 Top 8 GB RAM Laptops in 2022
The best overall 8GB RAM laptop
Display: 13 inches Retina display | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 256GB SSD | Battery life: last to 18 hours | CPU: Apple M1 chip with 8-core
Apple’s Macbook Air is an efficient 8 GB RAM laptop that is best for gaming and multimedia. The laptop has a great retina display with great colors which is perfect for artists and designers.
This laptop provides a comfortable typing experience due to the scissor mechanism. It is a mechanism where the keys are attached to two plastic pieces which get interlocked in a scissor-like model. This new mechanism of Apple’s keyboard makes typing easier and smoother. It’s also worth noting that the keyboard is backlit so it’s easy to type in the dark.
In addition to this feature, it also has a Touch ID to lock and unlock the laptop. This also increases the security of your laptop because it can only be accessed through your fingerprint.
It has connectivity to thunderbolt and WiFi 6 along with a headphone and microphone jack. It has a long-lasting battery life of 18 hours. It is also good for multimedia due to the 720p HD web camera and built-in speakers with great stereo sound.
|➕ Stereo sound technology||➖ Average design|
|➕ WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0|
|➕ Strong battery life|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the...
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly...
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
The best laptop for designing
Display: 15.6 Inches | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 515 GB | Battery life: last to 8 hours | CPU: Intel Core i5 8265U
HP Pavilion is one of the best options when it comes to 8 GB RAM laptops. It has an impressive display of 15.6 inches with a WLED backlit and multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass. Due to the Intel i5- 8265U processor, this laptop can run most of the latest games and design programs. With a dedicated graphics card, this laptop is a great option for both design professionals and gamers.
Even though it has an average battery life, the laptop makes up for it by having multiple connectivity options. It has the following ports:
- 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 1 HDMI
- 1 Headphone or microphone.
|➕ Great display||➖ Lacks built-in DVD drive|
|➕ Powerful processor|
|➕ Impressive graphic support|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 15.6" diagonal HD SVA micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1366 x 768), Intel Core i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB...
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 8GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Intel UHD Graphics 620, 1 multi-format SD media card reader, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 1 HDMI; 1...
- Wireless connectivity: Realtek 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.2 combo, HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- B&O PLAY, HP Audio Boost, dual speakers, Windows 10 Home 64bit (This laptop does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive.)
The best portable laptop
Display: 14.0″ Full HD IPS | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 512 GB SSD | CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7 | Battery life: last till 6 hours
Acer Swift 3x is an 8 GB RAM laptop with a wide display, thin bezels, and a thin body. The laptop has a 14-inch FHD backlit display. The display looks awesome because of its resolution of 1920 x 1080 p and it also looks very premium because the bezels around it are super thin.
This laptop can easily handle multiple tasks at once because of its processor. It comes with an Intel Core i7 and 8GB RAM. Paired together, this hardware can easily handle tasks without any problems.
As for portability, this laptop is only 12.73 x 8.62 x 0.63 inches. It’s also only 2.65 lbs so you can easily bring it with you during trips. It also has multiple ports for connectivity like a USB Type-C port, Thunderbolt 4, HDMI port, etc.
|➕ Fingerprint reader||➖ Average trackpad|
|➕ Powerful CPU||➖ Below-average battery life|
|➕ Thunderbolt 4|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 【Display 】14" Full HD Widescreen LED-backlit display , the 1920x1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Supports 1080p content. Energy-efficient IPS display.
- 【Processor】Intel Core i7-1165G7, 4 cores, 8 threads, up to 4.7GHz. The perfect combination of performance, responsiveness, and battery life. Enjoy boundary-breaking performance with the 11th Gen...
- 【Upgraded Memory & Hard Drive】Substantial high-bandwidth 8GB RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once. A...
- 【Ports】1 * USB Type-C Port USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C, Thunderbolt 4 & USB Charging, 1 * USB 3.2 Gen 1 port (featuring power-off charging), 1 * USB 2.0 port, 1 *...
- 【Premium Design】Thin (12.73 x 8.62 x 0.63 inches) and light (2.65 lbs). Intel Iris Xe graphics: Impressive performance for creating, gaming, and entertainment. The fingerprint reader is a secure...
4. Acer Nitro 5
Best laptop for gaming
Display: 15 inches FHD | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD | Battery: last till 8 hours | CPU: Intel core i5-10300H
The Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop is a great option if you’re looking for an 8GB RAM laptop that can easily handle intense gaming. It has a processor of Intel Core i5 which means it can handle most modern games and designing programs.
To help with the processing of graphics, this laptop comes with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti GPU. This means that it can easily handle games and programs that are graphics intensive.
This laptop comes with backlit keyboards so it’s easy to work or play in the dark. It also comes with awesome 2W speakers and DTS:X Ultra. This makes sure that your sounds are clear and can be delivered in a 3D spatial soundscape. It helps you really immerse yourself in your game.
As for connectivity, this laptop comes with multiple connectivity options. It has the following ports:
- HDMI 2.0
- USB 3.2 Gen 1
- USB Gen 2 Type A
- USB Gen 2 Type C
For storage, this laptop comes with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. You can store the files that you always access in the SSD since it’s faster and store the files for archive in the HDD storage.
|➕ Dual storage module||➖ Average battery life|
|➕ Good quality keyboard|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (Up to 4.5GHz)
- 15" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit 144Hz Refresh Display | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax
- Backlit Keyboard | Acer CoolBoost Technology with Twin Fans and Quad Exhaust Ports Design
The best budget laptop
RAM: 8GB | Display: 14-inch FHD TN LCD | Storage: 256GB SSD | Battery: last till 6 hours | CPU: 2.1GHz AMD Ryzen R5-3520U
The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 is a great 8GB RAM laptop if you’re looking for something on a budget. It only retails for around $449 without the shipping. This price is a great starting point for users who are buying their first laptop. It’s both affordable and powerful for a laptop at this price point.
It has a processor of AMD Ryzen 3 which is an average processor. It can run most games and design applications but not the really CPU-intensive ones.
This laptop has a lightweight design. It’s only 9.98 inches wide, 14.26 inches long, and has a height of a measly .78 inches. It also only weighs 4.84 lbs so it’s easy to carry. It also has up to 6 hours of battery life.
|➕ Impressive display||➖ Limited storage support|
|➕ Quad-core processor||➖ Loud cooling fans|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- [Portability]: Light Weight Design. The Lenovo Ideapad 3 laptop is ideal for home office and school. Solid State Drive (SSD) boosts longer battery life and higher performance.
- [Processor and Display]: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U ( base 2.6GHz, up to 3.5GHz) ideal for high application performance and casual gaming experience. 15.6" Full HD Screen 1920 x 1080 native resolution...
- [Power and Performance]: 65 watts up to 6 hours Battery. 8GB DDR4 RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once, Upgraded 256GB PCIe SSD ideal for faster bootup and data...
- [Connectivity]: Build-in HD webcam with dual array microphone makes it easy to video conference. Designed for home office with all connectivities, WiFi 5 -802.11 ac, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB 3.0, USB 2.0,...
- [Color and System]: Platinum Grey, Windows 10 Home in S mode ( Free conversion to Windows 10 Home and Upgrade to Windows 11 Home)
Best lightweight laptop
Display: 15 inches FHD IPS | RAM: 8 GB | Battery life: last till 8 hours | CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1
If you are searching for a lightweight laptop, the Asus VivoBook is one of the best options on the market. The laptop is thin and portable and it only weighs 3.75 pounds. The laptop has a display of 15 inches and a stunning screen with a nano-edge bezel display.
The laptop is worth multipurpose due to its powerful CPU and graphic processor. Along with these, it has a decent battery life, a backlit keyboard and a fingerprint sensor.
The Asus VivoBook has ports for USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, an HDMI, and Wi-Fi 5. So, due to these specs, the laptop is a good choice for business and personal use.
|➕ Eight hours of battery life||➖ Display could be better|
|➕ Decent keyboard|
|➕ Great port selection|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Frequently Asked Questions
Which 8 GB laptop should I choose for gaming purposes?
Acer Nitro 5 is the best pick in terms of gaming purposes among the 8 GB laptops discussed above.
Why should I choose Lenovo Ideapad?
Lenovo Ideapad is the best 8 GB laptop that is available at a budget-friendly price. The laptop is not only cost-effective but also efficient due to its powerful processing unit. Along with this, the laptop is also lightweight and has a great display.
Why is the HP Pavilion considered the overall best laptop?
HP Pavilion is considered the best laptop due to some factors. The Great display with wide viewing angles, powerful processor, decent battery life sufficient ports, etc. are the features responsible for HP Pavilion being the best laptop.
Finding the best laptops can be overwhelming at first. There are just so many things to consider. But if you’re set on finding a laptop that has 8GB of RAM, then these laptops are one of the best ones in the market. They all shine in their own categories but at the end of the day, the best one will be the one that fits your needs.
Do you have any other laptop suggestions that have 8GB of RAM? Tell us in the comments below so we can add them to the list!