We’re an award-winning branding agency & industry-leading design blog and we work with people who want to build a brand – the strategic way.
Our work enables you to grow your business faster and easier, ensuring your business cuts through the noise and delivers a clear message, with a consistent visual style, that is goal focused.
Our strategic thinking, distinctive logos & memorable visual identities will ensure your brand looks polished & professional for years to come.
Jacob has spoken at TEDx and been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, and a number of high-profile design books including The Best of Logo Lounge Master Series.
Some notable clients include Nike, Disney, Nintendo, and Jerry Seinfeld, as well as iconic locations such as San Francisco, Puerto Rico, and New York’s Digital District.
Jacob holds a Bachelor of Visual Communication (Graphic Design Major) from The University of Newcastle, Sydney, Australia and a Brand Master Certification from Brand Master Academy, and over 16 years of experience in the industry with multiple awards on his belt.
He runs the industry-leading JUST Creative Blog which features thousands of articles & resources to help businesses grow & thrive, as well as the JUST Branding Podcast that helps designers & entrepreneurs grow brands, and he also coaches creatives in his Inner Triangle Coaching program, either 1:1 or in a group setting. Yahoo! recently declared him as the “Best Brand Coach to Follow in 2020”.
Jacob is a digital nomad and
travels the world (is now isolated in Sydney) with his family of four, while running JUST Creative. He has visited 88 countries thus far with travel guides on most of them available at his travel blog, JUST Globetrotting.
PS. Did you know Jacob designed the logo for the city of San Francisco? You’re in good hands.
Your brand deserves to stand out and thrive!
Every client is important to us, no matter the size. We work closely with all sized businesses from across the world including start ups, entrepreneurs, one man bands, corporate escapees, B2B and B2C.
Past clients have included: Nike, Disney, Red Bull, Jerry Seinfeld, VitaminWater, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Coach Leatherwear, OMEGA, Pirates Booty, ZAGAT, Capcom, Cutty Sark (Highland Park Scotch Whiskey), In The Raw, Jimmy Johnson, Energy Kitchen, GrimeBoss, Sweet’N Low, Zynga, Flywheel, Nice Pak, Sani-Brands, Guru Cycling, Crestron, CitiHabitats & many more.
Newstar Award for Book Cover
Magazine Design Cover Commendation
– Design Graphics Magazine
Best Website Design
– National Youth Week
Logo Design Love Award
– Logo Design Love
- Speaker at TEDx in Pittsburgh at Carnegie Mellon University, shown below.
- Lecturer at the Boston University PRSSA “PR Advanced: Brand Yourself” along side representatives from Dunkin’ Donuts, JetBlue, Wholefoods, Boston Red Sox and more.
- Lecturer at NYC College of Technology “Meet The Pros 2.0” conference.
- Guest lecturer at Birla Institute of Technology and Science (University), India
- Want Jacob to speak at your next event? Get in contact.
- Jacob Cass on Giant Thinkers – Design Process, Networking, Travel & Passive Income
- Jacob Cass on Logo Geek – Creating a Personal Brand
- Jacob Cass on Two Red Chairs – Logo design, blogging, newsletters & affiliate marketing
- Jacob Cass on LogoInspirations (Creatives Radio) – On creating a popular blog & brand.
- Jacob Cass on UkraMedia – Graphic design, branding, freelancing and traveling the world.
- Jacob Cass on Honest Entrepreneurs – Blogging your way to success
- Jacob Cass on XDPodcast – Beyond branding
- Jacob Cass on Design Domination – Branding & marketing insights
- Jacob Cass on DesignHill – How to build a thriving brand
- Jacob Cass on The Quickie – Digital nomad life
- Jacob Cass on The Bless Show – Brand identity, brand strategy & big clients
- Jacob Cass on Being Freelance – Digital nomad life and freelance
Also see Jacob’s very own podcast, JUST Branding Podcast co-hosted with Matt Davies, dedicated to helping designers & entrepreneurs grow brands.
- ‘Best of Branding’ awarded by LinkedIn
- LEVEL C Brand Specialist Certification
- Best Branding Coach to Follow by Yahoo!
- Ranked #6 of Best Graphic Design Blogs on this planet by FeedSpot
- Top Web Design & Development Influencers by FitSmallBusiness
- Member of NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals)
- Front Cover Featured Article of Layers Magazine.
- Recommended by Creative Pool.co.uk (UK’s largest creative recruitment resource)
- Named the #12 Blog in all of Australia
- Listed in How Magazines Top 10 Sites For Designers
- Currently 4th out of 100 in the Top Young Blogger’s Making Money Online list
- Guest lecturer at Birla Institute of Technology and Science (University), India.
- Recommended by PhotoshopUserTV (mentioned at 36m 40s).
- Featured Designer for John Wiley & Son’s book Photoshop For Right Brainers.
- Recommended 3 times in Computer Arts Projects Magazine – Issue 122
- Recommended in Layers Magazine, Nov/Dec issue, page 14.
- Recommended in London Independent Newspaper.
- Profiled in the book ‘Who Said You Can’t Be Young & Successful
- Quoted & work published in Layers Magazine, March/April issue
- Recommended in Computer Arts Projects Magazine – Issue 122
- Logo & studio details featured in the book “DG Portfolio 8”
- #1 on Newcastle Top Twitterer List
- Interviewed & photographed for a Twitter article in ‘The Herald’
- Tutorial written for Layers Magazine, “How To Make Your Website Pop“
- 3 page feature & interview in the “Instant Inspiration” section of Layers Magazine
- Quote given for back cover of the paperback book “The Unlimited Freelancer“.
- Listed in Top 100 Entrepreneurs To Follow On Twitter
- Top 10 Respected Designers To Follow On Twitter
- #1 Most Influential Designer On Twitter as ranked by WeFollow
- Featured in Web Designer Magazine: Designing for iPhone & iPad
- Interviewed for the book “What It Takes: How To Make More Money Than Your Parents”
- Quote given for the back of Tanner Christianson’s creative inspiration book ‘Unstuck‘
- Interviewed for the eBook “Interviews with Popular Bloggers”
- Listed on Mashable’s Top 10 Web Design Bloggers To Follow
- Featured on Mashable’s ‘Logo Fundamentals‘ as a logo & branding expert.
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards Nomination
- Listed in Australia’s Top 25 Business Blogs
- Featured in the Sydney Morning Herald: “The Future Looks Bright”
- Interviewed for the book “Who said you can’t be young and successful?“
- Interviewed for the book “Raising CEO Kids“
- Contributor & 8 Page Feature in the ‘The Freelance Handbook’ by Computer Arts
- Featured in 2014 edition of ‘The Freelance Handbook’ with tips on client negotiation.
- ‘Art of Personal Branding‘ article written for the book Logo Nest Vol 2.
- Featured in the New York Post as the “Top graphic designer in NYC”
- Featured in the Wall Street Journal (March 6, 2013)
- Featured in Forbes magazine (July 20, 2016)
- Featured in the book ‘Web Domination: 20 Masters of the Web Reveal Everything”.
- Advice featured in “The Design Student Handbook”
- Top Affiliate Marketers Reveal Their Secrets
- Nominated for the 2015 Advance Global Australian Award in the Alumni category
- #10 in Top 100 Technology Blogs by LoudProgammer
- Featured in .Net Magazine on How to Design A Logo
- 54 LogoLounge Badges of Honor (between 2007-Present)
As a designer influencer and thought leader, Jacob Cass has been invited to sit on the judging panels for a number of high profile award programs.
- Graphic Arts Today MVP Awards (2020)
- Best Brand Awards Jury Member
- Horizon Interactive Design Awards Jury (2019, 2020)
- LogoWave Jury Member (2017-Current)
- International Visual Identity Awards (2015-Current)
- Judge for the Annual Design Awards (2010-2013) along such names as Sagi Haviv, Ivan Chermayeff, Elliot Jay Stocks, David Carson and more.
- Video judge for Hewlett Packard’s ‘Design With A Twist’ video design competition.
- Logo design “Judge Of The Month” for the Logo From Dreams logo awards.
- Graphic design judge for the Project Never Competition judging “the best rejected designs”.
- Web design judge for The CSS Awards judging “the best websites in the world”.
- Northwest Indiana Creative Project Curator
- Logo design judge for The Logo Of The Day logo award scheme.
- Graphic Design Education – 3rd Edition by Lista Winstanley
- Just Creative Design Logo published in Wolda Annual 2008.
- Peter Ryan Logopublished in The Best of Logo Lounge 5.
- Square Room Logo published in The Best of Logo Lounge 5
- Graphic Design Down Under (ISBN: 978-3939998099)
- Logo 2 (ISBN: 978-3-939998-17-4)
- Best Package Design (ISBN: 978-3939998099)
- Graphic Design 2 (ISBN: 978-3939998099)
- Label Design (ISBN: 978-3939998099)
- Australian Art & Design Education Resource Guide 2008
- Australian Art & Design Education Resource Guide 2010
- Blogs: Mad About Design (Maomao Publications, Spain, 2008)
- DG Portfolio 8 – (2008)
- MyOwnBusinessCard Volume 1 (Design and Design, 2009)
- LogoLounge Volume 5: International Identities by Leading Designers (2009)
- Layers Magazine – November / December 2008
- Layers Magazine – March / April 2009
- Layers Magazine – May / June 2009
- Layers Magazine – August / September 2009
- Computer Arts Magazine – September, Issue 166, 2009
- Computer Arts Magazine – August, Issue 167, 2009
- Computer Arts Magazine – November, Issue 170, 2009
- Computer Arts Magazine – December, Issue 171, 2009
- Computer Arts Magazine – May, Issue 200, 2012
- Computer Arts Magazine: The Design Career Handbook – August 2013
- Logo Nest 101
- Computer Arts Projects: Logo Design & Branding
- Vero water bottle packaging design published in Basic Pack by IndexBook
- 6 logos featured in The Best of Logo Lounge Vol. 6
- Creativity Awards Annual – SYA Website Design
- Liquid Packaging – Vero Water Bottle & Wedgetail Distillery Vodka Bottle
- International Visual Communication Design – Vero Water Bottle & Wedgetail Distillery Vodka Bottle
- 6 logos featured in I Heart Logos Vol. 1
- Recycling & Redesigning Logos by Michael Hodgson – Fitucci Logo
- 9 logos featured in Logo Lounge’s Master Library Book 3
- 3 logos featured in Logo Anatomy by Gramedia
- 6 logos featured in LogoLounge Master Library 3000 Typography and Enclosures
- 6 logos featured in Logo Lounge Volume 5
- 6 logos featured in Logo Lounge Volume 6
- 6 logos featured in Logo Lounge Volume 7
- 2 logos featured in Logo Lounge Volume 8
- Redwave Systems Case Study featured in LogoNest Vol 1.
- 4 logos featured in ‘Branding Elements – Logos’ by SendPoint
- VideoGamer.com case study appears in ‘Relogo‘ by Sandhu Publishing (Late 2011)
- Double page interview in Get Your Photography on the Web – Rafel RC Concepcion
- 2 Logos featured in ‘International Design Yearbook 2011’
- Freelancers Guidebook, by Computer Arts
- The Book of Bird Logos: Volume 1 by Logo Inspirations
My work & writing can also be seen on numerous leading websites & magazines:
Smashing Magazine, Entreprenuer.com, Design Graphics, .Net Magazine, Computer Arts, Layers Magazine, HOW, PSDTuts, VectorTuts, DesignTaxi, Freelance Switch, Logo Moose, FavUp, Creative Pool, David Airey, Freelance Folder, Creaticca, Most Inspired, Creative Curio, Line25, My Ink Blog, Design Informer, CSS Collection, Daily Slurp, CSS Based, LoopPress, Logo Pond, W3C Sites, CSS Leak, CSS Clip, BlogPond, Layers TV, CSS Creme, Design Flavr, Logo From Dreams, Web Designer Depot, Inspiredology, The Design Inspiration, and many more.
JUST Creative believes in ‘Business for Good’ and makes giving a part of our everyday business. We partner with B1G1 and give back on a regular basis and also run fundraising initiatives.
- Raised US$2227 for the Langbos Care Center in South Africa via an online fundraiser.
- Raised US$3607 for the Eastern Australian Flood Victims via an online fund raiser.
- Raised US$15,000 for the 2011 Japanese Earthquake / Tsunami victims via virtual sales on Second Life.
- Raised USD$1620 for charity in our Design Group Writing Project.
- Jacob participates in the Design4Kids program that helps underprivileged teens in developing countries become successful designers.
- Every year, we participate in the Blog Action Day initiative to raise awareness of important global issues.
- Volunteered in the Philippines on community construction projects
Past exhibitions have included:
- Australian Center for Contemporary Art – Melbourne, Australia (25 Oct to 7th Nov 2010)
- Melbourne Museum – Melbourne, Australia (24 April to 24 May 2009)
- The Momentum Project – Newcastle, Australia (16 Nov to 11 Dec 2009)
- Newcastle Museum – Australia (May-August 2015)
If you would like to find out more about Jacob Cass, here are some past interviews:
- Creative Chats: Jacob Cass (New York agency life + Travel) – on HunterHunter
- Traveling The World & Making Money Video Interview with Eli Seekins
- Designer Interview with Jacob Cass on The Logo Creative
- Jacob Cass on his Design Career – on Web Design Ledger
- Wildly Successful Designer Jacob Cass Shares His Insights on 1st WebDesigner
- Spotlight on Jacob Cass on Branding Magazine
- [MP3] “Talk Story” – 1 Hr Radio Chat with Jacob Cass with Jeni Herberger
- Interview with Jacob Cass on Web Design Dev
- Creative Blogger Interview with Alex CharChar from RetinArt
- Interview with Jacob Cass on Graphic Design School Blog
- Jacob Cass speaks on the Future, Trends & Consumerism on LBOI
- Cute, Artistic Type: Jacob Cass on SNOBS
- Interview with Jacob Cass on Adubzeedo
- Graphic Design Interview with Jacob Cass on JCD
- Interview with Jacob Cass on Inspiredology
- How Pros Make Money Online: Jacob Cass on Income Diary
- Interview with Jacob Cass of JUST Creative on PSDFan
- Web / Graphic Designer Group Interview on Vandelay Design
Apart from this website, Jacob owns two other websites.
Together, we can make an impact where it really counts.
JUST Creative is a big believer in “business for good” so we have teamed up with B1G1 (Buy One, Give One) to give back & make the greatest possible impact in this world.
We’ve made giving part of our everyday business, since 2009.
Business For Good Impact Map
This shows the geographical impact JUST Creative has helped create across the globe.