While not as much of a household name when it comes to the laptop market, Acer has been manufacturing high-quality laptops for many years, and their products regularly pop up on best-of lists at the end of the year.
With that in mind, we were curious just what are The Best Acer Laptops in 2022 but before we get there, we wanted to take a closer look at what you should look for in an Acer laptop.
So, if you’re ready, let’s start there! You can find this guide just below the comparison table. If you want you can check our post on best laptops for students article.
8 Best Acer Laptops in 2023
- Acer Predator Triton 500 — The best Acer laptop overall (Editor’s Choice)
- Acer Swift 3 — The best value Acer laptop
- Acer Chromebook Spin 514 — The best budget2-in-1Chromebook
- Acer Swift X — The best Acer laptop with the most advanced processor technology
- Acer Aspire 5 — The best budget Acer laptop
- Acer Predator Helios 300 — The best laptop that runs like a high-powered desktop
- Acer Spin 5 — Great performance at a mid-range price
- Acer Aspire Vero — The best Acer laptop for business
What is the Best Acer Laptop?
Acer Predator Triton 500 is the best Acer laptop that you can buy in 2022. See our comparison table below to see what is right for you.
What to Look for in an Acer Laptop?
When you first start shopping for an Acer laptop, there are things that you want to pay attention to before you hand over your payment. Here are some things we think you should look for in a laptop from Acer:
Windows vs Chrome OS
When you look around at Acer laptops, they will have a choice of operating systems, Windows or Chrome OS. If a lot of the work that you do requires you to use certain applications, then you will want to go with Windows. If most of the work that you do can be done through the internet, then we would recommend choosing a laptop with Chrome OS which can offer great performance and battery life at a lower price tag.
You should note that most Adobe Creative Cloud programs require 4-8GB of RAM to run so if you plan to run Adobe CC then opt for a Windows machine, unless you’re OK using the lighter mobile versions of Adobe’s apps. See here for the latest Adobe CC discounts.
The processor is an important component to be noted while looking for a laptop. A good processing power allows excellent performance in multi-tasks. It is responsible for the speed and accuracy of the tasks. Intel Core i7-10750H, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X are the two best examples of processors which are beneficial for excellent gaming performance.
Acer is well-equipped in offering different style laptops to fit anyone’s needs. From the traditional clamshell design to the ever-popular 2-in-1 tablet hybrid. With their Spin line, Acer offers laptops with touchscreen and pen input support at an affordable price while the Aspire line provides a laptop with decent performance and good styling. There is an option for just about everyone in Acer’s line of laptops
While many of Acer’s computers are marketed towards the gaming crowd, the specs that are put into these laptops are nothing to ignore. With powerful video and graphics cards plus large displays, the Predator line from Acer is the perfect fit for power-intensive tasks.
One of Acer’s strong points is in its budget line of laptops. Being budget-friendly does not in any way mean that the components inside them are cheap in any way. These laptops have great hardware inside them and if you’re looking for an affordable laptop with decent processing power, these Acer laptops could seriously be worth looking at.
Top Acer Laptops You Can Buy in 2023
1. Acer Predator Triton 500 (Editor’s Choice)
The best Acer laptop overall
CPU: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor | Graphics: Up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER | RAM: 16GB – 32GB | Screen: 15.6″ (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS FHD NVIDIA G-SYNC Display | Storage: 512 GB – 1TB SSD
The Triton 500 takes processing power to a whole new level. This laptop is an absolute beast and is great for heavy-load tasks. The Acer Triton 500 comes in 16GB and 32GB variants, so it outperforms most of the laptops out there.
Powered by a 10th-generation Intel Core processing chip and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 SUPER graphics card, this laptop has enough fuel to handle just about any processor heavy project. It also has an FHD 15.6” LED-backlit IPS display, making it a great choice for color-sensitive work.
The impressive part about this laptop, however, is how sleek it is. If you’re a creative designer, and you need to carry a powerful laptop with you – the Acer Triton is the way to go. It’s also reasonably lightweight for a laptop of its caliber, making it our top pick for the best Acer laptop.
|➕ Powerful processor||➖ Short battery life|
|➕ Good build and design||➖ Quite expensive|
|➕ Great display||➖ Difficult to upgrade|
|➕ Good variety of ports||➖ Can overheat – a cooling pad is recommended|
|➕ Sleek, in spite of heavy specs|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0GHz) with Windows 10 Home. Keyboard Backlight
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with Max-Q Design & 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology; 300Hz Refresh Rate; 3ms Overdrive Response Time; 300nit Brightness; 100% sRGB
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory; 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots with 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades)
- Per-key RGB Backlit Keyboard with Customizable Lighting; LAN: Killer Gaming Network E3100G; Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
2. Acer Swift 3
Premium performance at an affordable price
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core | Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 540 Graphics | RAM: 8GB – 16GB | Screen: 14-inch FHD IPS Display (1,920 x 1,080) | Storage: 256 – 512GB NVMe SSD
While the exterior of the Swift 3 from Acer isn’t exactly what you might call eye-popping, the little, plain chassis holds some pretty powerful components inside. While the Swift 3 is a relatively inexpensive laptop, its performance is comparable to some of the mid-range laptops out there.
The display is quite good for a laptop in its price range; however, it can be a bit limited compared to some of the other options available these days.
A backlit keyboard can keep you working all night long. So if you’re a freelance writer on the lookout for a new laptop, keep the Swift 3 from Acer on your radar.
|➕ Good value||➖ Poor speakers|
|➕ Sturdy build||➖ Can get a bit heated|
|➕ Lightweight||➖ Color is limited in the display|
|➕ Good processing power|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz) with Radeon Graphics; 8GB LPDDR4 Memory; 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 14" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Intel wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax; HD webcam (1280 x 720); Backlit keyboard; Fingerprint reader
- 1 - USB Type-C port USB 3. 2 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C and USB Charging, 1- USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (featuring power-off charging), 1 - USB 2. 0 port and 1 - HDMI port
The best budget 2-in-1 Chromebook
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 | Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics | RAM: 4GB DDR4 | Screen: 14-inches | Storage: 80GB (64GB eMMC + 16GB Flash Drive)
You can find the Acer Chromebook Spin 514 online at an outstanding price for a 2-in-1 laptop if you’re looking for a portable notebook with a comfortable keyboard. This is a fantastic choice for someone who is starting out in the creative industry because it has a terrific camera and microphone, integrated AMD Radeon Graphics, and AMD Ryzen 3.
This laptop is worth searching the internet for because of its reasonable price and high-quality components. The same device works well as a touch-screen tablet for reading or writing emails and other content thanks to its folding capability.
The keyboard of this Chromebook is suitable for quick touch typing. The camera looks terrific, the LCD is crystal clear and bright, and the conversational mics and speakers are excellent, making it an ideal choice for students.
|➕ Good build and design||➖ Slightly expensive|
|➕ Easily portable||➖ Needs an improvement in battery life|
|➕ Comfortable keyboard|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250C Processor (2C/4T, 5MB Cache, 3.5 GHz Max Boost).
- Display: 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS technology; CineCrystal (Anti-Glare); touchscreen; Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics.
- RAM: 4GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory; Hard Drive: 80GB Storage (64GB eMMC + 16GB Flash Drive).
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 5.0; Ports: 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 2x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, 1x Headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5mm), 1x microSD Card Reader.
- Bundled with 3 In 1 Design Stylus (Stylus Pen + Ballpoint Pen + USB 3.0 16GB Flash Drive); Chrome OS. Color: Silver.
4. Acer Swift X
The best Acer laptop with the most advanced processor technology
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800U | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti | RAM: 16GB | Screen: 14-inches | Storage: 512GB SSD
The Acer Swift X is a powerful, yet lightweight processor. Its battery life is excellent when it comes to coding, and you can keep it cool with adjustable cooling modes and an air-inlet keyboard for a powerful performance.
It features AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors, built on the world’s most powerful processing technology, which can power your creativity. This laptop is an excellent option to think about because it comes with a powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card, up to 16GB RAM, and up to 2TB SSDs.
The FHD IPS display is fantastic to work with and offers accurate and brilliant colors. It also features a built-in fingerprint sensor so you can safeguard your device.
|➕ Excellent battery life||➖ Lacks audio quality|
|➕ Backlit keyboard||➖ Bit expensive|
|➕ Has a colorful and vibrant display|
|➕ Good processing power|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 【A Powerhouse in Performance and A Slick Design】Power your inspiration with AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors, built on the world's most advanced processor technology. Also featuring the...
- 【A True Visual Representation】Color accuracy is essential for video editors and designers. The 14” FHD IPS display with an 85.73% screen-to-body ratio, 300 nits brightness, and 100% sRGB works...
- 【A Connectivity Upgrade】Get things done with the full-function USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C for fast data transfers, your display needs, and USB charging. And with dual-band Wi-Fi 6 and a USB Type-A...
- 【Smarter, Better】With an embedded fingerprint reader keeping your device secure, Cortana at hand with Wake on Voice, DTS Audio, Acer TrueHarmony, and Acer PurifiedVoice with AI noise reduction...
- 【The New Generation of Acer PurifedVoice With AI Noise Reduction】With working from home becoming increasingly commonplace, the quality of a conference call is just as relevant. Our new generation...
The best budget Acer laptop
CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 to i5-1135G7| Graphics: Intel UHD, Intel Iris Xe or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM: 4GB-8GB | Screen: 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen display | Storage: 128GB – 512GB
The Aspire 5 isn’t the most flashy laptop out there, but it’s great given its price range. The 4GB RAM variant might be what you’re looking for if your projects center on writing and producing documents. This variant is the best budget Acer laptop and can get quite a bit done.
When it comes to the 8GB variant, it can help you get design work done at a moderate pace. It’s not as crazy as some of the heavy-duty laptops out there, but it’s definitely worth looking into.
The 15.6″ FHD screen can be a little dull for some projects and it does not come with an integrated card reader which can be slightly disappointing. But on the whole, it’s definitely one of the best budget laptops out there.
|➕ Great battery life||➖ SSD can get a bit cramped|
|➕ Affordable||➖ The display is a bit dull|
|➕ Good processing power||➖ Does not come with a card reader|
|➕ Reasonably light|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost...
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge lifts the keyboard for comfortable typing, improved cooling, and a better sound experience
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but...
A High-Powered Desktop in Laptop Form
CPU: 10th Generation Intel i7-10750H | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Screen: 15.6″ Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display | Storage: 512GB – 1TB NVMe SSD
Among creatives, there is a stigma around using laptops over desktops. This is usually because laptops cannot match the performance of most high-end desktops out there. Luckily, the Helios 300 from Acer’s Predator line isn’t like most laptops.
With a 10th Generation Intel i7-10750H and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, this machine is built to process graphics and high-performance games. The storage is quite good as well, with 512GB and 1TB variants.
This machine can process 3D graphics and any other graphics-heavy work you may throw at it. It also has a 15.6″ full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS display, meaning it can capture colors reasonably well.
The only downside about this laptop is that it can be a bit bulky, so unlike the Acer Predator Triton 500, it’s not as light. That aside, it’s a brilliant laptop.
|➕ Good quality screen – it has a high refresh rate to ensure smooth graphics||➖ The sound quality could be better|
|➕ Great processing power||➖ A bit heavy|
|➕ Comes with built-in overclocking features||➖ Expensive|
|➕ When used normally, the fans are reasonably quiet||➖ The cooling fans are loud in turbo mode|
|➕ Easily upgraded|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0GHz)
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0, NVIDIA GPU Boost
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time & 300nit Brightness)
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 Slots 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- Killer Double Shot Pro: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX 1650i and Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
7. Acer Spin 5
Great performance at a mid-range price
CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G4 | Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics | RAM: 16GB | Screen: 13.5″ Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display | Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
When it comes to laptops for writers or journalists, the criteria that they are looking for aren’t the same as a coder, editor or graphic designer. Sure, a great display is nice but a lot of storage would be better. The Spin 5 from Acer fits the mold of what a writer might look for.
The Acer Spin 5 comes with an impressive touchscreen display, 16 GB Ram, Thunderbolt, and WiFi-6 support. It’s a surprisingly elegant and compact laptop with a good 512GB storage space. It comes with a stylus and a dock for it – so you can even do some illustrations or sketch work.
This laptop also has an efficient cooling system; however, it’s not built to handle heavy video or graphics work. So if you’re looking for a versatile laptop to do some everyday work or some light graphics, this is the laptop for you.
|➕ Versatile and lightweight design||➖ Can be expensive for some|
|➕ Impressive touchscreen display with accurate colors||➖ Cannot work on heavy graphics, video editing, or video games|
|➕ Powerful processor|
|➕ Stylus included|
|➕ Great port selection|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor (Up to 3.7GHz) | 16GB LPDDR4X Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5" Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) | Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Up to 15 Hours Battery Life
- 2 - USB 3.1 Type C port supporting USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 - USB 3.2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 - HDMI 2.0...
- Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1.0
The best Acer laptop for business
CPU: Intel Core i7-1195G7 Processor | Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics | RAM: 16 GB | Screen: 15.6-inches | Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD
The Acer Aspire Vero is a stunning and powerful laptop that can handle any task. It has an ecologically friendly design, a 7th-generation processor, and an Intel Iris Xe Graphic card. This laptop’s Intel Iris Xe graphics program gives a transformational GPU and integrated graphics to facilitate fluid designing for creators and exciting gaming.
A numeric keypad is not a feature that all 15.6-inch laptops have, but the Acer Aspire Vero has it. In addition, the laptop has other intriguing features like a white backlit keyboard and a fingerprint reader to help you keep your device secure.
|➕ Eco-friendly design||➖ Bit expensive|
|➕ Fingerprint reader|
|➕ Backlit keyboard|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- [Processor & Storage]: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1195G7 Processor, 4 Cores. 16GB DDR4 RAM | 1TB SSD.
- [Graphics]: Intel Iris Xe graphics delivers transformational GPU and integrated graphics to support fluid designing for creators and rich gaming experiences.
- [Display]: A 15.6 inch display with a Full HD resolution and a helpful anti-glare coating, IPS screen, 1920 x 1080(16:9) Resolution.
- [Features]: White backlit keyboard. Easily and instantly unlock your device with your fingerprint touch. PCR materials, environmentally-conscious design.
- [Other]: Weight Only 3.97 lbs | Only 0.7 Inch Thickness | WiFi 6 | Bluetooth 5.1 | Windows 11 Home | HD Audio | 802.11ax | HDMI | HD Webcam
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the most budget-friendly Acer laptop?
Which Acer laptop has the best screen resolution?
Which is the most travel-friendly Acer laptop model?
Which Acer Laptops are good for gaming?
Are Acer Laptops durable?
Yes, they are! Acer laptops are quite durable, however, some models are more so than others. If you tend toward clumsiness, you would be smart to opt for a more durable model.
What is the best Acer laptop for graphic designers?
Which Acer laptop provides the best all-around value?
Are Acer gaming laptops worth the price?
Acer gaming laptops can be quite worth it, especially the Acer Predator Triton 500. This one is not as bulky as the usual gaming laptops but has all the specs you’ll need.
Are Acer laptops reliable?
Acer laptops are quite reliable, and if anything goes wrong, their customer service is quite attentive.
Is it hard to get an Acer laptop serviced?
Acer laptops are pretty popular, so getting them serviced isn’t an issue.
While the market for laptops is generally known for the options made by Apple, Dell or Microsoft, we feel that the options that Acer provides creatives are not something to overlook. With a combination of performance and affordability, these laptops are worth considering. We hope our list of the Best Acer Laptops for Designers helped you look at Acer differently as well.
Do you have an Acer laptop you would give your arm for? Is it not on our list? Well then tell us about it in the comments below!
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best Chromebooks for designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Fastest laptops for designers
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
- Best bags & backpacks for laptops
Top Gear for Video Editing
- Best monitors for editing video
- Best laptops for video editing
- Best computers for video editing
- Best external hard drives
More Top Gear for Designers
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best pens for creatives
- Best phones for designers & creatives
- Best smartphone tripods