If you are a digital artist, an art projector is a handy tool you never knew you needed. The best art projectors will help you create art with enhanced details and simplify the process, making it faster.
Adding a digital art projector to your arsenal of gadgets enables you to enlarge your drawings, trace on canvas, or outline a mural by projecting a screen onto a work surface. The applications of a projector aren’t just limited to art, you can instantly turn any blank wall into a home theatre!
That being said, finding the right projector isn’t an easy task by any means. There are many projectors to choose from, each having its different uses, features, and price. To help you find the one that best suits your needs, we have created this list of the best art projectors in 2023.
15 Best Art Projectors for Tracing, Digital Art, Drawing & Painting in 2023
Our list of the top 10 best art projectors in 2023 is based on features, specifications, real-world performance, popularity, and user reviews.
- XGIMI Horizon Pro — The best art projector in 2023 overall (Editor’s choice)
- DRJ Professional Mini Projector — The best value art projector
- PVO Mini Projector — The best budget art projector
- BenQ TK850 — The art projector with the best resolution
- CiBest Mini Projector 7500L — The best art projector for outdoor use
- Kodak Luma 150 — The best portable art projector
- Anker Nebula Capsule Max — The best Android art projector
- Artograph Tracer Projector — The best art projector for tracing
- ViewSonic M1 Mini — The most compact and lightweight art projector
- Artograph EZ Tracer — The best art projector tracer for beginners and hobbyists
- ViewSonic 1080p Projector — The best premium tracing projector
- Epson Home Cinema 1060 — The best home-theater projector
- KODAK Luma 350 — The best art projector for portabilit
- Sony MP-CD1 Portable Pico — The best minimal built art projector.
- Optoma HD39HDR High Brightness HDR Home Theater Projector — The best mid-priced art projector
Also see our post on the best lightboxes for tracing, the best drawing tablets, and the 15 Best FREE Online Art Classes.
The Best Digital Art Projectors Compared
The XGIMI Horizon Pro is the best art projector in 2023 overall. See the table below for the comparison of other best digital art projectors:
Protect your gear from electronic power surges with best surge protector – check out our list of the best surge protectors.
Different Types of Projectors
There are lots of different types of projectors available, with each having its specific use. From movie projectors of the bygone era to overhead projectors that decked school classrooms, projectors have come a long way ever since their invention over a century ago. In this blog, we are going to take a look at the two types of projectors that are suitable for digital art:
- Opaque Projector
An opaque projector shines light onto a physical image and can be handy if you want to enlarge a sketch or a photo onto a canvas or wall. It can project a small piece (5-7 inches) of paper, canvas, or fabric using mirrors and prisms in a dark room so that you can work in more detail. An opaque projector is typically cheap, but it may not be very accurate or powerful.
- Digital Projector
Instead of a sketch or a printed image, a digital projector instead uses a digital image or computer file and projects it onto a work surface. It is slightly expensive compared to an opaque projector. Still, it is incredibly versatile and user-friendly, as you can use it with your graphic tablet, computer, or any other device. A digital projector is highly recommended if you are a digital artist.
- Overhead vs Portable Projector
Flexibility is an essential aspect if you are an artist. An overheard project isn’t portable by any means, but it can sometimes be more precise as it is fixed in one position. If you don’t have any plans to work in a fixed position, a portable projector is more desirable. You can carry it with you wherever you go and turn any wall into a canvas!
Digital Projector v/s Opaque Projector?
Often used for projecting videos, animations, and movies, digital projectors are super easy to operate. But when you want to enlarge or enhance a photo or sketch onto a wall/canvas, opaque projectors will do a better job.
When comparing the two, keep in mind that both have different applications. Designed for versatility, digital projectors are more modern and an ideal pick for graphic designers and video editors. You can display digital images and videos seamlessly by connecting the projector to your phone or laptop. And you won’t need to worry about adjusting the image beforehand as you can make smooth corrections using the projector itself. However, digital projectors are quite expensive, and not everyone can afford them.
All you need to do is print the sketch so that it fits the projector’s opening. Once done, you can flawlessly enlarge your designs. And an opaque projector is easy to maintain and repair, making it a good pick for artists who want to get on with their drawings.
How to Choose the Best Art Projector
First things first, you must decide how often you will use the projector. If you are looking for a long-term investment, then a more high-end projector will suit your needs. However, if you are looking at a projector for one-time use, you can compromise on the features and price. There are some technical aspects to consider as well, such as:
Whether you are planning to use the projector indoors or outdoors, brightness plays an important role. Projectors work best in an indoor setting such as a studio, but brighter projectors offer the flexibility to work in a more well-lit environment. The brightness of a projector is measured in Lumens, and the best projectors have LED bulbs as it is brighter, energy-efficient, and last longer than regular ones.
A common myth is that all projectors come with the same resolution, but that isn’t the case. This is especially true for a digital projector, which will be projecting digital files from another device. Still, you can easily see that projectors with a sharper resolution produce sharper images. It makes it easier to work on art with improved clarity or to trace accurately.
Connectivity is only applicable to digital projectors, and the best ones will have multiple connectivity options, such as USB, Bluetooth, HDMI, and memory cards, to name a few.
Projection Screen Size and Throw
One important thing to consider while buying an art projector is the size of your studio. If the projector is too close to the wall, the projection might appear blurred, whereas if it is too far, you won’t be able to see the details, which defeats the purpose of a projector. The range of throws of a projector falls into three categories — ultra-short, short, and long throw.
Top 10 Best Art Projectors 2023
Below we list the best art projector for tracing, the best digital art projector, and the best budget art projector, along with art projector tracers.
1. XGIMI Horizon Pro (Editor’s Choice)
The best art projector in 2023 overall
Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 8.5 x 5.3 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 4K UHD | Display Technology: DLP | Image Contrast Ratio: N/A | Brightness: 2200 ANSI Lumens | Display Size Range: 30 to 300 inches | Lamp Life: 25,000 hours
This futuristic and elegant-looking device is one of the best projectors you can buy. It is a dream gadget for most digital artists today, full of impressive features, such as the 4K resolution with crisp and vivid visuals that create ultra-bright 2200 ANSI lumens. The projector is also packed with HDR10 x HLG for a life-like color format and AI brightness adjustment to produce realistic images.
Working behind the scenes on picture quality is an intelligent screen adaption system that includes autofocus, keystone correction, obstacle avoidance, and auto-screen alignment to deliver perfect images every time. Any digital artist will enjoy using this projector to sketch and draw on a big canvas.
It also features exceptional sound quality unmatched by other projectors on this list thanks to its dual 8W built-in Harman Kardon speakers, DTS-HD & DTS Studio Sound, and Dolby Digital compatibility. Powering the device is Android 10 OS, allowing you to cast entertainment via Chromecast built-in wirelessly and control the projector hands-free through your voice with intuitive voice control.
The XGIMI Horizon Pro is ideal for any artist looking for a high-end projector, and it can also double up as an excellent projector for your home theatre.
|➕ Best in class resolution||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Chromecast built-in|
|➕ Incredible audio with elements from Harman Kardon and DTS|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- True 4K Technology: 3840 x 2160 Pixels Standard Resolution with 8.29 million pixels and ultra-bright 2200 ANSI lumens
- Room-Filling Sound: Dual 8W built-in Harman Kardon speakers, DTS-HD & DTS Studio Sound, Dolby Digital compatibility
- Intelligent Screen Adaption Technology: ±40 Degrees Auto Keystone Correction (Horizontal & Vertical), Auto Screen Alignment, Auto Focus, and Obstacle Avoidance. Super-fast setup and incredible ease...
- Advanced Image Engine: X-VUE 2.0 Image Engine, 60Hz MEMC super-smooth motion compensation. Also packed with HDR10 x HLG lifelike color format and AI Brightness Adjustment
- Android TV 10.0: 5000+ Google Play apps. Wirelessly cast entertainment from any Apple/Android device via Chromecast built-in. Google Assistant also provides intuitive voice control. Please note that...
2. DRJ Professional Mini Projector
The best value art projector
Product Dimensions: 11.06 x 7.68 x 4.21 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 1080p Full HD | Display Technology: LCD | Image Contrast Ratio: 3800:1 | Brightness: 7500 Lumens | Display Size Range: 32 to 170 inches | Lamp Life: 50,000 hours
If your main priority is a projector for outdoor use, then the DRJ Professional Mini Projector is the best you can get. With a maximum brightness level of up to 7500 lumens, it can project picture-perfect visuals measuring from 32 to 170 inches on the diagonal. This projector is more than capable of being used indoors and outdoors, whether it is your studio or a wall in your backyard.
It also features a wide variety of connectivity options such as USB, HDMI, and MicroSD cards, even allowing you to connect your iPhone or Android device directly through wired mirroring. The DRJ Professional Mini Projector gives high-end projectors a run for their money, and you also get a projector screen for free as part of a bonus!
|➕ High resolution||➖ No WiFi connectivity|
|➕ Can be directly connected to a smartphone|
|➕ Free projector screen included|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 【With Bluetooth 5.1 Chip, HIFI Sound Enjoyment】Built-in powerful speakers, this portable bluetooth projector provides HIFI sound effect while watching movie in a Max 176 inches screen. The extra...
- 【50% Brighter Images than Similar Projectors 】2023 Upgraded mini movie projector equipped with 5000:1 contrast ratio, supported 1080p resolution, brings you a 50% brighter images than similar...
- 【50% More Clear Images than Similar Projectors 】2023 Upgraded Chips make this movie projector more clear than other similar projectors. Our technical department researched and upgraded the chip to...
- 【Low Noise & Long Lamp Life】The Mini projector is lower in noise and more durable than previous models thanks to advanced fan cooling technology. Powerful cooling system cools the heat of lamp...
- 【Multiple Input, Compatible with Most Devices and Phones】This portable movie projector is fit for playing videos, TV series, photos sharing, football matches etc. It can be easily connected with...
3. PVO Mini Projector
The best budget art projector
Product Dimensions: 5.51 x 3.78 x 2.13 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 800 x 480 (supports up to Full HD) | Display Technology: DLP | Image Contrast Ratio: N/A | Brightness: N/A | Display Size Range: Up to 150 inches | Lamp Life: N/A
The PVO Mini Projector is the most popular sub-$100 projector available, and despite its affordable price, it creates crisp and colorful images with a maximum diagonal of 150 inches. It also comes with many connectivity options, including USB ports, HDMI cables, and MicroSD cards.
It is fantastic value for its price, but it does come at a cost: the PVO Mini Projector does not have an in-built battery, so you have to use it with an adapter or a portable battery. It lacks automatic vertical keystone adjustment, so you may have to adjust it manually according to your projection surface. Despite these negligible features, it is one of the best value-for-money projectors in its range.
|➕ Plenty of ports including MicroSD||➖ Does not come with speakers|
|➕ Smartphone compatible|
|➕ Includes a remote control|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- ☀ Gift for Children: Mini projector is a must-have product for children to watch cartoons and videos, which is very popular with children. When viewed from a distance with a projector, it can...
- ☀ Small and Portable: Mini video projector is small and portable, and can be carried in a pocket or bag. Even children can hold it easily. You can enjoy movies, videos and games no matter at home or...
- ☀ Upgrade Performance: PVO YG300Pro upgraded in 2022, support 1080P full HD and the natural resolution have increased to 800*480. Improve the brightness and color saturation of the projected picture...
- ☀ Multiple Interface: Small projector is equipped with multiple ports, including HDMI, USB, audio and other interfaces. It can be easily connected to multiple media devices, such as TV boxes,...
- ☀ Power Bank supply: The mini portable projector is powered by a power adapter (does not have a built-in battery), It can also be powered by mobile phone charger, car charger or power pack via...
4. BenQ TK850
The art projector with the best resolution
Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 15.1 x 7.7 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 4K UHD | Display Technology: DLP | Image Contrast Ratio: 30000:1 | Brightness: 3000 Lumens | Display Size Range: 100 inches | Lamp Life: 4,000 hours
Projectors were designed for watching films, which can make art and illustration a bit difficult since you need high resolution and sound clarity to trace pixels and details. Thankfully, a few high-resolution projectors, such as the BenQ TK850 with its 4K HDR resolution and 10-element crystal glass lens, make for a hyper-realistic viewing and design experience.
The projection is also incredibly bright, with a maximum capability of 3000 lumens and a display size range of 100 inches. In addition, TK850 offers a +10% vertical lens shift and 1.3x zoom, making it adaptable to any room, so setting up the projector in any situation isn’t a hassle.
If you have an eye for detailing and you need a projector that works well in small and large rooms, whether brightly lit or dark, indoors as well as outdoors, then the BenQ TK850 is perfect for you.
|➕ Stunning 4K resolution with HDR||➖ Limited throw|
|➕ 98% Rec. 709 Color Gamut for accurate color.|
|➕ Lots of connectivity options|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- TRUE 4K UHD RESOLUTION: 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Individual Pixels give incredible clarity and crisply defined details. NOT double HD or 2K like other manufacturers
- PROJECTOR-OPTIMIZED HDR-PRO(HDR10/HLG): HDR-PRO supercharged by Dynamic Iris with exclusive enhanced contrast and HDR brightness for realistic, detailed images
- CINEMATIC COLOR TECHNOLOGY: Our out-of-the-box factory calibrated color accurate projector with DCI-P3 color space is one of the latest forms of technology When it comes to colors available and...
- IMMERSIVE GAMING/SPORTS EXPERIENCE: Dedicated Sport modes with CinemaMaster Audio plus2 make you feel like you’re part of the game
- EASY UPDRAGE FROM BENQ 1080P PROJECTORS: 1.3X big zoom and lens shift increase installation ease and upgrade flexibility from W1070, HT2050,HT2050A and HT3050
5. CiBest Mini Projector 7500
The best projector for outdoor use
Product Dimensions: 7.91 x 5.51 x 2.76 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 1080p Full HD | Display Technology: LED | Image Contrast Ratio: 2000:1 | Brightness: 4200 Lumens | Display Size Range: 30 to 200 inches | Lamp Life: 50000 hours
The CiBest Mini Projector 7500L is a great budget option that punches above its weight. This high-tech projector has a Full HD resolution and brightness of 4200 lumens, making it a versatile device that you can use indoors and outdoors. You can connect it to devices via USB, HDMI, or the other ports available.
It might be compact and portable in size, but this projector can project images up to 200 inches in size without compromising on detail. It also features advanced audio-visual features and flexible connectivity options at a fraction of the cost of high-end products.
If you consider a projector for a long-term investment, there is no need to look beyond the 7500L as it comes with a lamp life of 50000 hours.
|➕ Perfect for indoor and outdoor use||➖ Speakers could be better|
|➕ 50000 hours lamp life.|
|➕ Excellent brightness of 4200 lumens|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 🎅【 SUPERIOR MOVIE EXPERIENCE】2023 Upgraded CiBest mini projector is 80% brighter than other mini projectors at the same price. Support 1080P Full HD, 6000:1 contrast ratio, provides an...
- 🎅【 CONNECT to MULTIPLE DEVICES 】Outdoor projector works with TV stick, PC, laptops, tablets, Blue-ray DVD player, TF card, USB flash drive, PS4/XBOX/WII, media players (music, pictures, video,...
- 🎅【 BIG SCREEN & STEREO SPEAKERS 】 The movie projector provides a watching size from 30" to 200" with the distance from 2.62ft to 14.8ft. The optimal image size is about 60 - 80" with 3.9 -...
- 🎅【 PORTABLE DESIGN 】 This portable projector is small in size (7.87 x 5. 5 x 2.7 inch/ 2.25 lb) and convenient for you to take it anywhere. The projector is equipped with the latest cooling...
- 🎅【 5 Year Satisfied Warranty】Provides 5 years return and lifetime repair. Any questions please contact our customer support team. We will try our best to resolve the problems for you.
6. Kodak Luma 150
The best art projector for portability
Product Dimensions: 3.1 x 3.1 x 0.87 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 4K UHD | Display Technology: DLP | Image Contrast Ratio: 3500:1 | Brightness: 60 ANSI Lumen | Display Size Range: Up to 150 inches | Lamp Life: 30000 hours
Kodak is an American company that was established in 1888 and fast-forward to today, and they are one of the industry leaders in photography, printing, and personal electronics space. They helped popularize portable cameras decades ago with an affordable and lightweight alternative to big and clunky cameras that could be carried anywhere.
Another overlooked product that is part of the company’s legacy is projectors. Kodak first started manufacturing projectors almost a century ago, and their latest offering, the Kodak Luma 150, is based on the same principles they used to create cameras. It is lightweight, portable, and projects crystal-clear images with the support of up to 4K resolution and an image contrast ratio of 3500:1, but most importantly, it is affordable.
The projector also offers auto vertical keystone correction and built-in speakers that make it ideal for small environments. It is capable of projecting images up to 150 inches on the diagonal without compromising on clarity. One crucial aspect to consider is that the Luma has a battery life of just one hour, but you can also power it with an AC adapter.
|➕ Compact design||➖ Battery life is lacking|
|➕ Supports up to 4K resolution.|
|➕ Elegant and lightweight design|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- FROM SMARTPHONE TO THE BIG SCREEN | Pocket Projector Produces Bright, Vivid Video & Imaging Up to 150” for Amazing Home Entertainment; Watch Movies Plugging in an External Device, View Pictures or...
- MULTIPLE METHODS FOR VIEWING | Versatile Device Comes w/ HDMI & Micro USB Cables for Hookup to Camera, Storage Drive, PC, Laptop & Other Compatible Devices | Go Wireless w/ Mobile-to-Projector...
- STUNNING 16:9 PROJECTION | Device Boasts 60 Ansi lumen brightness LED Lamp, 854 x 480 Resolution, Supports 4K Resolution & 1000:1 Contrast Ratio for Crystal Clear Widescreen Imaging; Watch HD Video,...
- DESIGNED FOR EASY PORTABILITY | Includes Built-In Speaker & Sleek Illuminated Onboard Controls So You Can Watch & Listen On Demand| Powers Via Rechargeable Battery Up to 2.5 Hrs.
- THE ULTIMATE MULTIMEDIA COMPANION | Tiny Projector Makes a Wonderful Gift Idea Note: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Mirroring and...
7. Anker Nebula Capsule Max
The best Android art projector
Product Dimensions: 3.15 x 3.15 x 5.91 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 720p HD | Display Technology: DLP | Image Contrast Ratio: 600:1 | Brightness: 200 ANSI Lumen | Display Size Range: Up to 100 inches | Lamp Life: 30000 hours
This digital projector resembles a soda can and is incredibly compact and portable, tipping the scale at just over a pound. It is an excellent choice for those digital artists that are looking for a projector that is pocket-friendly in terms of price and size.
The Anker Nebula Capsule Max comes with cutting-edge DLP technology that projects a vividly detailed 720p, 200-ANSI-lumen image up to 100 inches big and can run up to 4 hours on a single. It is ideal for use in low-light conditions. Also, it has automatic vertical keystone correction to eliminate distortion that might occur when the projector is set at an angle to the wall or screen.
This projector isn’t short on features, but the highlight is that it is powered by Android 8.1, so you can download and binge-watch your favorite shows and movies directly from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and more through the Nebula Connect app on your smartphone. In terms of connectivity, the device is compatible with Bluetooth and WiFi in addition to HDMI and USB.
|➕ Compact and portable||➖ Limited to HD resolution|
|➕ Plenty of connectivity options, including Bluetooth and WiFi|
|➕ Immersive sound|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- HD Viewing: Cutting-edge DLP technology projects a vividly-detailed 720p, 200-ANSI-lumen image up to 100 inches big. Ideal for use in low-light environments.
- Instant Clarity: Get an ultra-sharp, rectangular image from almost any angle with Capsule Max mini projector’s keystoning in and one second autofocus technology
- Ideal in the Home: Stay entertained at home with this mini-projector’s 100-inch image. Watch movies, take online classes, or keep the kids entertained with hours of cartoons and educational videos....
- Smart OS: Download and stream YouTube, Netflix,and more from Nebula Manager Store. Use the Nebula Connect app on your phone to control Netflix on the mini-projector.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Capsule Max movie projector to view copyrighted content from...
8. Artograph Tracer Projector
Artograph Tracer Projector. Image credits: Artograph / Amazon
The best opaque projectors for beginners
Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 9.7 x 5.9 inches | Type: Opaque Projector | Copy Size: 5 x 5 inches (127 x 127 mm) | Projection Range: 2x-14x | Brightness: 1600 Lumens
The Artograph Tracer is an opaque projector that is perfect for beginner-level artists. It can enlarge a sketch or a photo up to a maximum range of 14 inches, so it isn’t suitable for large projects, but it is handy if you want to trace an image with a copy size of up to 5 x 5 inches.
This device’s heart is a 23 Watt fluorescent bulb producing 1600 lumens, so it isn’t as bright as some of the other projectors on this list, but it is ideal for viewing images in a dark room. The Artograph Tracer is also quite portable and easy to use, making it perfect for those artists who are just getting started.
|➕ Great brightness in dark conditions||➖ Limited projection of up to 14 inches|
|➕ Portable and easy to use|
|➕ Fantastic for beginners|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The Tracer opaque art projector makes tracing, enlarging, and transferring images easy! The perfect tool for decorators, crafters, artists, painters, and hobbyists. (Not Digital) Overall Dimensions:...
- Easy to use, lightweight and portable, silent operation
- Enlarges flat printed image from 2x-14x onto any vertical surface. Copy size: 5 x 5 in (127 x 127 mm). Work in sections with larger designs and prints
- Lens: 200 mm optical glass, 6.5- foot Long Cord with Standard 120V Grounded Plug
- Illumination: 23-Watt fluorescent lamp (included/8000 hours), may also use 1600 Lux LED bulb A19 bulb shape, 5000K Color Temperature. Compatible Replacement LED or CFL Bulbs Only. Full User Manual...
9. ViewSonic M1 Mini
The most compact art projector
Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 4.1 x 1.1 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Resolution: 800 x 480 | Display Technology: LED | Image Contrast Ratio: N/A | Brightness: 120 Lumens | Display Size Range: Up to 100 inches | Lamp Life: 30,000 hours
ViewSonic is a famous brand for its computer monitors, but their projectors are just as good. The ViewSonic M1 mini is a no-frills portable projector that can fit easily into your pocket as it is just 4 x 4 inches in size and weighs just 0.6 pounds.
Despite its small size, it is a powerful device capable of projecting images up to 100 inches which automatically self-corrects crooked and distorted images thanks to the vertical keystone adjustment. The M1 Mini doesn’t leave any stone unturned, even when it comes to audio, with dual JBL speakers that deliver incredible sound.
It features some additional functionality, such as support for a power bank so that you can charge the projector on the go and the option to customize and change the color of the plate as you wish.
|➕ Pocket-friendly design||➖ Not the brightest projector in terms of lumens|
|➕ Long lamp life of 30,000 hour|
|➕ Powerful dual JBL speakers|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Measuring only 4x4 inches, this LED projector with WVGA (854x480p) resolution delivers convenient entertainment nearly anywhere
- PREMIUM AUDIO: An integrated JBL speaker delivers big sound in a small package that’s perfect for music and movies at home or on the go
- PLUG & PLAY USB: Simple playback of photos, movies, presentations, and other multimedia without having to connect to a PC
- STREAMING SIMPLIFIED: Livestream sporting events straight into your living room, binge shows on Netflix or Disney+ by adding a dongle (not included)
- PICTURE PERFECT: Automatic vertical keystone correction helps eliminate crooked and distorted images
10. Artograph EZ Tracer
The best projector for beginners and hobbyists
Product Dimensions: 11.9 x 8.6 x 4.7 inches | Type: Opaque Projector | Copy Size: 4 x 4 inches (10 cm x 10 cm) | Projection Range: 2x-10x | Brightness: N/A
Artograph is one of the most popular brands for opaque projectors, and the EZ Tracer is one of their most affordable offerings. It is a simple and easy-to-use projector that can enlarge an image up to 10x in size. However, the display measures just 4 x 4 inches, so the image that you use should fit that size.
The EZ Tracer is also lightweight and compact, which means that you can take it with you anywhere. It is an excellent choice for beginners and hobbyists as it is a cost-effective alternative to other opaque and digital projectors. This is our pick for the best art projector for tracing.
|➕ Simple and easy to use||➖ Does not come with a lightbulb|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Overall Dimensions: 4.5" W x 13.25" D x 7.5" H
- Easy to use, lightweight and portable, silent operation, Dark Room Needed for Clarity
- Enlarges flat artwork from 2 times up to 10 times onto any vertical surface. Copy size: 4 x 4 inch (10 cm x 10 cm). Work in sections with larger designs and prints
- Lens: 163 mm optical glass
- Light Bulb Not Included, Uses 100 watt-equivalent 1600 lumen LED light bulb or 23 watt CFL (not included). LED or CFL bulbs only! Do Not use an incandescent bulb, they are too hot for the projector.
11. ViewSonic 1080p Projector
Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 4.4 x 8.7 inches | Type: Digital Projector | : | Brightness: 3,500 lumens
The ViewSonic 1080p Projector is a premium work of art that offers amazing brightness. You can use it to create & display sharp images that can be traced with ease. It is a pitch-perfect projector, and there is no need to worry about any fuzzy lines or blurriness. And when you combine such sharpness and accuracy with a full HD resolution, you are in for a delightful viewing experience. From watching videos and movies to getting your work done, this multi-purpose digital projector can cover it all—but at a price. It’s a premium projector at a premium price!
|➕ Great color accuracy||➖ Costly|
|➕ Provide high-definition projection of images|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like colors in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches
- BRIGHT IMAGES IN ANY ENVIRONMENT: 3500 lumens brightness for projection in both bright and dark environments
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive SuperColor technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- REDUCED 16MS INPUT LATENCY: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- EASY SETUP: 1.1x optical zoom, and a vertical lens shift that offers up and down adjustments for flexible setup
12. Epson Home Cinema 1060
The best projector for home-theater
Product Dimensions: 11.9 x 9.8 x 3.4 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Brightness: 3100 Lumen
Epson Home Cinema 1060 is an all-in-one digital art projector that focuses on delivering a home theater experience. With 3100 Lumens brightness and full HD resolution, this projector guarantees an impressive performance. It can easily project images up to 300 inches, so if you have large canvases and murals to work on, it is the best projector out there to get the job done. You can save time by tracing designs quickly and accurately for perfect sketches and drawings. What else? This projector is compatible with multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs.
This projector has got 1080p high definition which is pretty good that you can get with a projector of this size. If your projector is going to give you a blocky picture, then there is no worse than that. But with Epson, your image looks as though you find it in real life. The size of the image can go up to 300 inches. Most flat screens go up to 60 inches which is 25 times larger than the image that you get on the Television if you are a person who goes in for the quality of the image, then go in for Epson.
|➕ 3100 lumens brightness||➖ Fan noise is audible|
|➕ Supports 1080p resolution||➖ Gaming performance is a bit laggy|
|➕ Offers 4500 hours of lamp life (4-5 years)|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Widescreen Full HD 1080p entertainment up to 300 inches life sized images upto 25x larger than a 60 inches flat panel, on virtually any blank wall or screen
- Bright ideal for a variety of lighting conditions, the projector has 3,100 Lumens of color/white brightness (2)
- Versatile connectivity 2x HDMI ports (1x MHL) to Connect your cable/satellite box, Blu ray Disc player, gaming console or streaming device
- Innovative 3LCD technology amazing action scenes with no rainbow effect
- Operating Distance - 19.0 feet (6.0 meter)
13. KODAK Luma 350
Product Dimensions: 4.4 x 4.4 x 1.1 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Brightness: 350-Lumen
When it comes to digital art projectors for painting and drawing, the KODAK Luma 350 is a great option. This is one of the most compact projectors to work with, making it perfect for artists on the go.
One drawback with projectors is their bulk and weight, but the 350 does not have this problem. That said, this art projector only comes with 350 lumens. This means artists will require a smaller closed space to work on projects.
|➕ Extremely compact and lightweight||➖ Video quality could be better|
|➕ Comes with Andriod that allows you to run and download apps|
|➕ Impressive picture quality|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- THE PREMIER CHOICE FOR DLP PROJECTION | Portable Smart Projector Utilizes Breakthrough Digital Light Processing Technology to Render HD Video & Imaging w/ Stunning Color, Clarity &LED-Lumen Brightness...
- COMPATIBILITY ACROSS ALL SMART DEVICES | Turn Your Phone Into a Remote| Discover the Ultimate All-Inclusive Multimedia Experience w/ Onboard Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Screen Mirroring, HDMI & USB for Phone,...
- CINEMA-QUALITY VIDEO FOR MOVIE MAGIC | Recreate the Visual Excellence of a Theater | Project in Full Ultra HD Resolution w/ Unbelievable Picture Quality| Built-In Speaker Lets You Enjoy Audio—No...
- ADVANCED ANDROID 6.0 & iOS INTERFACE | Download Apps, Browse the Internet & Access Other Exciting Content Directly on the Projector | Device Features Easy-to-Use Light-Up Touch Controls, Manual Focus,...
- For an enhanced experience, update your projector to the most recent firmware on the Kodak Photo Plus website. Note: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or...
14. Sony MP-CD1 Portable Pico
The best minimal built art projector.
Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 4.5 x 8.5 inches | Type: Digital Projector | Speaker Type: Built-in | Controller Type: Button control | Battery: 5000 mAh with 2 hours operation | Mounting Type: Table mount, Tripod mount | Brightness: 105 ANSI Lumen | Display Size Range: Upto 120” screen | Weight: 9.9 ounces
The Sony MP-CD1 portable pico is the best lightweight and portable, effective art projector you can find online today. The projector is expensive but powerful in spite of its minimal size. The projector can display your media with maximum brightness levels of 105 ANSI Lumen visuals measuring up to 120” inches, measuring diagonally.
While the projector has only two hours of battery life, you can use it while charging it via HDMI input. With its auto vertical keystone correction, this projector can easily auto-focus for a crystal clear picture.
If you are looking for art projectors that are portable and with HDMI and USB ports to access a wide range of video sources like Netflix and YouTube, then the Sony MP-CD1 is the right one for you.
|➕The image quality is reasonably good.||➖ Expensive.|
|➕Hyper-portable.||➖ Limited connection choices.|
|➕USB type C port for charging|
|➕ Sleek housing|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Pocket-sized portable projector. It weighs less than 1lb !
- Ansi 105 lumen for bright and dynamic pictures by IntelliBright technology for up to 120” screen– short-throw and automatic Keystone correction
- Built in 5000mAh battery with a 2 hrs cable free operation
- Attach an HDMI dongle to provide wireless connectivity.Charging Time - Approx. 2.5 hours (from CP-AD3 (sold separately)) Approx. 4 hours (with 1.5 A power supply)
- Quick 5-second boot for stress-free setup for your business presentation
15. Optoma HD39HDR High Brightness HDR Home Theater Projector
The best mid-priced art projector
Refresh Rate: 120Hz | Brightness: 4000 lumens | Response time: 8.4ms | Lamp Life: 15000 hours | Contrast ratio: 50,000: 1 | Mount type: Wall mount | Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 9.5 x 4.5 inches | Product Weight: 7.7 pounds | Speaker: In-built
Optoma is the leader in the digital projector market with a 20-year history. The art projector provides accurate, rich, and saturated colors with a 50,000:1 contrast ratio.
The Optoma art projector is best for displaying paintings, pictures, videos, movies, and all other forms of media. To project bright, crisp, and accurate colors and full details, you can rely on this art projector.
If you are looking for the best art projector with 2K full HD resolution, then Optoma High brightness HDR is the one for you.
|➕ Mid-priced for the features it provides.||➖ High brightness works best in ambient light, but you can find blacks and three-dimensionality in dark rooms.|
|➕ Supports 3D|
|➕ Very low input lag and faster response time when gaming|
Latest Price on Amazon:
No products found.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best monitor arms for a standing desk?
The iMovR Tempo Heavy-Duty Single Monitor Arm, iMovR Tempo Light Single Monitor Arm, and Ergotron LX Monitor Arm are the best monitor arms for a standing desk.
What is the best monitor arm for an ultrawide?
Designed for monitors weighing from 13.2 to 33 pounds, the Loctek Monitor Mount Heavy Duty Gas Spring is the best monitor arm for ultrawide.
What are the best monitor arms for heavy monitors?
3M Dual-Swivel Monitor Arm and Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm are the best monitor arms for heavy monitors. These are sturdy and reliable monitor arms with flexible height adjustment options.
Do monitor arms damage desks?
Monitor Arms have a weight limit set and, if you exceed that, they can damage the desk. However, if you mount the arm to the desk and only attach an amount of weight per the specifications, there won't be an issue.
What is the best dual monitor arm for gaming?
The Vari Dual-Monitor Arm is best for gaming as it offers all the ergonomic and gaming benefits of dual-screening. The height adjustment range is also pretty good, and you can easily rotate both the monitors horizontally and vertically.
What are the best monitor arms in terms of affordability?
The NB North Bayou Monitor Desk Mount Stand and the HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount Stand are the best options in terms of affordability and durability.
Top 13 Best Digital Art Projectors in 2023
Technology has become an essential part of the design process, and art projectors are one such innovation that allows artists to design and illustrate with more detail and precision.
Projectors have come a long way since they were invented over a century ago. Since then, they have become more powerful, reliable, portable, and a lot more affordable. An art projector is a highly recommended accessory for digital artists, and we hope that our list has helped you choose the right one for yourself.