What I love about Skillshare is their short format classes, teaching you valuable skills in a short amount of time!
They have thousands of classes in many different categories, as shown below.
And with their Premium Membership, you get unlimited access to all of them, so you can join the classes and communities that are just right for you, to help you keep learning and thriving.
The best part is that it is incredibly affordable—especially when compared to pricey in-person classes and workshops.
An annual subscription is less than $10 a month.
Actually, I lied… the best part is that you can get a two-week free trial as a JUST Creative reader!
I encourage you to sign up for the trial, take the time to do a few classes (at least one!), and learn something new each week. The classes are generally no longer than an hour.
Exclusive Skillshare Coupon Code – Get 30% Off
Use coupon code ‘jcreative30sk’ for an additional 30% off your annual Skillshare membership.
There are no commitments and you can cancel at any time. After the 2 weeks, premium plans start at $10/m.
Top Skillshare Courses of 2021
The best Skillshare classes from 2021 are broken down into these categories:
- Graphic Design, Logos & Branding
- UI/UX Design
- Creative Writing
- Fine Art
- Film & Video
- Freelance & Entrepreneurship
- Web Development
Graphic Design, Logos & Branding
- Adobe Photoshop CC: Beginners with Kate Silver
- Dirty Design With Draplin: Crusty Techniques to Create Truly Original Work with Aaron Draplin
- Logotype Masterclass with Jessica Hische
- Design Like Draplin: 21 Tips for Speeding Up Your Design Workflow with Aaron Draplin
- Logo Design with Grids: Timeless Style from Simple Shapes with George Bakhua
- Designing Brand Symbols with Sagi Haviv
- Beyond a Logo: Design an Overarching Brand Identity System with Ilya Lobanov
Also, see our list of the 10 best graphic design courses on Skillshare
- iPhone Filmmaking
- Street Photography
- Fundamentals of DSLR Photography
- Fundamentals of Photo Editing
- Documentary Photography: Capturing Places and People
- Procreate 5X for Beginners
- Advanced Illustrator Techniques: Adding Texture in Graphic Design
- Illustrated Lettering: Drawing Intricate Floral Forms with Gemma O’Brien
- Digital Illustration: Learn to Use Procreate with Jarom Vogel
- Graphic Illustration: Boldly Design with Color and Shape with Olimpia Zagnoli
- Intro to UX: Fundamentals of Usability
- Digital Product Design: Create a Compelling UX Portfolio | Learn with Figma
- Digital Design: Creating Design Systems for Easier, Better & Faster Design
Creative Writing & Copywriting
- Creative Nonfiction: Write Truth with Style
- Storytelling 101: Character, Conflict, Context & Craft
- Writing Character-Driven Short Stories
- Social Media Copywriting Masterclass: Professional Tips for Profiles and Posts
- Simple Character Animation: Create a Walk Cycle with Duik
- Animating With Ease in After Effects
- How to Make an Animated YouTube Video
- Botanical Illustration: Paint a Colorful Garden with Watercolor and Gouache
- Watercolor Illustration: Developing a Wedding Brand Suite
- Ink Drawing Techniques: Brush, Nib, and Pen Style
- Learn How to Mix Music with Young Guru
- Inside the Studio: How Music Producers Collaborate with Artists
- Remixing Dance Music: Digital Production Basics
- Choose Must: 10 Hands-On Exercises to Find and Pursue Your Passion
- Drawing as Self Discovery: 5 Ways to Start
- Sketchbook Illustration for All: Draw Your Day with Watercolor & Pen
Film & Video
- Video on a Budget
- Create a Short Documentary Video Portrait
- DIY Cinematography: Make Your Video Look Like a Movie
- Low Budget Filmmaking — Tips and Tricks for an Indie Look
- Personal Branding: Crafting Your Social Media Presence
- YouTube Success: Build an Authentic Channel That’s Worth the Follow
- Storytelling for Leaders: How to Craft Stories That Matter
- Introduction to SEO: Tactics and Strategy for Entrepreneurs
- Productivity Masterclass: Create a Custom System that Works
- The Perfect 100 Day Project: Your Guide to Explosive Creative Growth
- Productivity Habits That Stick: Using Time Theming
Freelance & Entrepreneurship
- Presentation Essentials: How to Share Ideas That Inspire Action
- Pricing Your Work: How to Value Your Work as a Freelancer
- Be Your Own Boss: Strategies for Launching Your Creative Career
- Personal Branding Essentials: Making the Most of Squarespace
- Hand-Coding Your First Website: HTML and CSS Basics
- Creative Coding: Animating SVG with Simple CSS Code
“Never stop learning.” Skillshare, an online destination where creative minds can learn new skills related to life and work, is the perfect place to benefit your career.
By watching creatively designed educational videos, you can learn competency in wide-ranging fields from graphic designing and website development to fine art, music mixing, marketing, and much more.
Who is Skillshare for?
Skillshare is for anyone who wants to develop new skills or improve existing ones. Primarily directed at creative workers like designers, artists, chefs, developers, and entrepreneurs, Skillshare offers extensive courses of study for all working professionals and students.
If you are looking to sharpen your freelance & entrepreneurship skills, or if you want to boost productivity, you can get it all on Skillshare.
How much is Skillshare?
Skillshare provides you with a free account option and a premium account option. A premium account allows access to over 35,000+ classes along with an offline option.
Skillshare’s monthly subscription fee is $19, and its yearly subscription rate is $99. You can cancel the subscription at any time.
How much is Skillshare for teams?
Skillshare for teams is available in three plans: Starter, Enterprise, and Revive.
- Starter – for a team of 5-49 at $99 per user annually.
- Enterprise – for a team of 20+ with a custom price according to the team size.
- Revive – for a team of 50+ at a custom price.
What categories can you find on Skillshare?
There are three broad categories: Create, Build, and Thrive.
- Create: Filled with courses and topics for creatives such as writers, artists, graphic designers, musicians, illustrators, web developers, photographers, and so on.
- Build: Build is all about business-related topics like analytics, entrepreneurship, freelancing, management, leadership, and marketing.
- Thrive: As for Thrive, it is about lifestyle and productivity.
You can expect some top-notch learning techniques, including real-life examples & scenarios, personal experiences, and excellent reference materials to take your creative journey to new heights. Also, expect some amazing interaction with the help of community features where you can discuss your work and talk over the instructional videos in the comments for a delightful learning experience.
Pros and cons of Skillshare
|➕ Over 3,000 free courses with great content||➖ No certifications awarded as the courses are for personal growth|
|➕ Free trial and affordable pricing plans||➖ There aren’t many courses in languages other than English|
|➕ An engaging community for discussing and collaboration|
|➕ Wide range of classes and courses|
Overall, it is an excellent platform that is constantly growing. The Skillshare tutors and instructors are entrepreneurs, everyday creatives, and professionals themselves and are passionate about what they do. With over 26,000 courses in different creative domains, Skillshare is making a difference for people around the globe.
Take at least one of these top Skillshare classes a week and level up your skills!