If your job requires you to meet clients for a demonstration of a project or meeting online then you might require the best laptop for working from home.
If you have not completed your work at the office, you may need to take it home with you and a WFM laptop offers a convenient way to manage files, software, and data on hand.
Purchasing a laptop for working from home is no cakewalk with so many laptops available in the market.
10+ Best Laptops for Working From Home in 2022
The following is the list of the best laptops for working from home.
- Dell XPS 15 OLED — Best laptop for working from home overall
- MacBook Pro 14 — A best high-end laptop
- Dell Inspiron 15 — Best laptop for performance
- HP Envy 13 Laptop — Best affordable laptop
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 — Best laptop with a comfortable keypad
- HP Elite Dragonfly G2 — Best stylish business laptop
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 — Best budget laptop
- LG Gram 14 — Best light-weight touchscreen laptop
- ASUS ZenBook 14 — Best ultraportable laptop
- HP Pavilion 14 — Best home-office laptop
- Lenovo V14 — Best laptop for durability
Also see our features on the best folding desks, best office chairs for back pain, the best standing desks, and the best laptop stands. If you are looking for software for your laptop, please check our post on student software.
If you are interested in pdf editors, please check out our post on the same.
What is the Best Laptop for Working From Home?
Dell XPS 15 OLED is the best laptop for working from home. Please check our comparison table to check the other best laptops available and choose the right one for you.
Selecting the Best Laptops for Remote Work
If you are working remotely your laptop plays a crucial role. To work remotely requires a lot of collaborative work to manage projects, finance, and many more. In order to find the best laptop for these things with consideration of size, battery life, weight, and purpose is very difficult.
With so many options available find the perfect one by considering the below-mentioned features.
When you’re looking for a laptop, you have to keep in mind your needs before purchasing one. There are laptops that have an entry-level i3 processor to a high-end i9 processor. If you are a person working in the corporate sector, go for an i5 or i7 processor.
If you are a person in graphic designing and other creative fields, you need higher-end laptops as your work is more GPU-oriented.
Ensuring a good keyboard with well-spaced keys between them helps you at work. If the spacing between the keys is too narrow, your palms will hurt at the end of the day. Keyboards that are deeply fixed provide a smoother typing experience so that there is no need for you to spend too much energy.
Working from home can be strenuous when you don’t have a comfortable setup. Laptops with a low display will make you focus too much on the screen. This causes a lot of strain to the eyes, especially after prolonged use. Although taking a rest now and then can reduce the strain on the eyes, you need to find a long-term solution for reducing it.
Laptops with an FHD IPS panel help you avoid straining your eyes. Though there are many laptops with FHD panels, the IPS technology provides better viewing angles. Avoid compromising the display quality as comfort must be your utmost priority.
When you are working from home, you could sit in one place and work. But sometimes, you can also be a person who is always on the move. With these scenarios in mind, you need to be careful with regard to the weight of the laptop.
If you are used to sitting at one place and working, anything between 3.5 lbs to 5.0 lbs should be fine for you. But if you are one of the people who move around, go for the laptop that is around 2.0 lbs. Be careful and look into your needs when you are going in for high-end purchases such as laptops.
The best laptop for working from home requires you to have a good power backup, especially when you are a person who is always on the go. You cannot always take the power chord whenever you need to go somewhere. In this case, you require a good laptop with good power backup features.
The price of the laptop should also be kept in mind when you want the best laptop. It should be within your budget while satisfying your requirements.
Best Selling WFM Laptops
These are the three best selling laptop computers on Amazon right now:
10 Best Laptops for Working From Home in 2022
OS: Windows 10 Home | Processor: 10th Generation Intel Core i7 | Memory: 16 GB DDR 4 | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 15.6 inch FHD+ (1920 X 1200) Anti Glare | Graphics: Integrated: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti | Battery: Upto 11 hours | Weight: 4.31 lbs
The best laptop for working from home overall
Dell XPS 15 is packed with the 10th generation Intel power and NVidia graphics card. It looks slim and attractive. It provides an official laptop setup at home. With its specifications, it is the best laptop for students with engineering backgrounds.
The great advantage of this laptop is the attractive display. The thick bottom bezel gives the screen an attractive look.
The battery life of this laptop could have been much better. It also becomes quite noisy during a heavy workload. But with an attractive display and ease of carrying them around, this laptop can be your best buy if you want to focus on productivity.
|➕ Lightweight laptop||➖ Noisy|
|➕ Best keyboard and trackpad||➖ Expensive|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 62% larger touchpad, 5% larger screen, and 5.6% smaller footprint
- 16:10 FHD+ edge to edge display equipped with DisplayHDR 400 and Dolby Vision
- Integrated Eyesafe display technology
- Quad speaker design with Waves Nx audio
- High-polished diamond-cut sidewalls
OS: Mac | Processor: Apple M1 Pro chip | Memory: 64 GB Unified Memory | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 14.2-inch (diagonal) mini-LED backlit display | Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics | Battery: Up to 8 hours | Weight: 3.5 lbs
The best performance laptop
MacBook Pro 14-inch is a compact laptop. It comes with multiple selections of ports. It offers three Thunderbolt 4 ports, one HDMI port, an SDXC card slot, and a MagSafe 3 port.
The MacBook 14 inch is aimed at working professionals who are looking for a true mobile workstation.
This is not the kind of laptop that most people need but it’s a great buy if you’re planning to get it. If you are a professional in the creative industry, you might need this kind of firepower. You can also arrange elaborate music scores and also compile and test complex codes as well.
It has larger than the 13-inch model and is now a Liquid Retina XDR display featuring mini-LED technology. If you are working on Photos and HDR videos, your content is never going to have looked good.
Battery Life is remarkable for a workstation laptop of its caliber. MacBook Pro 14-inch continues to churn through the complex tasks on battery power compared to other laptops that struggle with performance.
|➕ Unbeatable performance||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Impressive battery life||➖ Not required for casual users|
|➕ Plenty of ports|
|➕ Best screen on a laptop|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 3.7x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 13x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 11x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 17 hours
OS: Windows 11 | Processor: 11th Generation Intel Core i5 | Memory: 8GB DDR4 | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 15.6 Inches FHD | Graphics: Iris Xe Graphics | Battery: 7 hours | Weight: 3.78 lbs
Best laptop at a premium price
Dell’s Inspiron offers quality laptops at a premium price. It has a 15.6 inches display with Microsoft’s latest OS Windows 11.
The Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is built using aluminum alloy and plastic. The laptop has been designed in silver metallic and gives it a high-end look. The center of the lid is printed with the Dell logo that blends perfectly with the lid.
The stiff hinges make the opening of the laptop with two hands. When you open the laptop the display screen is surrounded by narrow bezels that make the screen look bigger.
The power button has a fingerprint scanner. The sensor is responsive and enables you to log in to Windows easily without the need for a password. The keyboard is with black keys and is back-lit enabled. It makes it easier for you to type in the dark as well.
The keys are placed evenly making the typing experience seamless and easier. The touchpad is placed to the left of the keyboard. In many laptops, you will find the touchpad evenly placed. The touchpad also uses the Windows Precision Drivers thus it supports gestures, swipes, and taps as well. The laptop provides you with a perfect blend of comfort and quality.
|➕ Affordable||➖ Weak speakers|
|➕ Comes with Windows 11||➖ Battery life is not impressive|
|➕ Solid build|
|➕ Large 15-inch screen display|
|➕ Responsive touchpad|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Thin & light 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Narrow Border WVA Display
- 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)
- 8GB 3200MHz DDR4, 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig) Bluetooth 5.1
Best affordable laptop
OS: Windows 10 Home | Processor: Intel Core i7 | Memory: 8GB DDR4 RAM | Storage: 256 GB SSD | Display: 13.3 Inches FHD Touch Screen | Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics | Battery: 13 hours | Weight: 2.88 lbs
The HP Envy 13 laptop is balanced with a sleek aluminum design and functionality. The functionality is achieved with the USB Type-A and Type-C ports, a decent keyboard, and an excellent display.
But the decision of putting the plastic touchpad to this one appears to be a frustrating cost-cutting measure on part of HP. But then HPmakes up for it by delivering power-packed performance at an excellent price.
The subtle print with the logo of the company on the face of the laptop adds a touch of class to the premium design.
The HP Envy 13 has a sleek metal chassis coupled with design elements. It has a Google Chrome trim around the touchpad and an aggressive wedge shape.
|➕ Price tag is attractive||➖ Thick bezels|
|➕ Solid performance||➖ Lacks Thunderbolt 3|
|➕ Luminous and sharp display||➖ Plastic touchpad|
|➕ Design is attractive|
|➕ 11 Hours battery life|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- READY WHENEVER INSPIRATION STRIKES: Create anytime, anywhere with a battery that lasts as long as your day does. Advanced privacy features let you keep your creations secure until you're ready to...
- UNHACKABLE SECURITY FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND: State-of-the-art security features include an unhackable camera shutter, microphone mute button and integrated fingerprint reader
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR(R) certified, EPEAT(R) Silver registered ENVY
- BRING YOUR VISIONS TO LIFE WITH SUPER-FAST PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Evo(TM) platform powered by 11th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 Processor, Quad-Core, up to 4.7 GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost...
OS: Windows 10 Pro | Processor: 11th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7 | Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM | Storage: 256 GB SSD | Display: 13.5 Inches Touch Screen | Graphics: Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics | Battery: 17 hours | Weight: 4.9 lbs
The best laptop with a comfortable keypad
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 comes with one of the best keyboards you have ever used. If your job involves keying in lot of information into the laptop using the keyboard, you can go for this one.
Although the look of the laptop is plain and traditional, when it comes to performance and battery life, it stands out. At the end of the day, the experience alone matters and not how it appears from outside.
This particular laptop comes with an ideal deal of portability. There is nothing that is wrong with the laptop’s design. But for the thick bezels that come around the laptop that you will not find in a Dell XPS 13 or the MacBook Air.
|➕ Excellent display||➖ Not enough ports|
|➕ Lightweight||➖ No Thunderbolt 4 support|
|➕ Good keyboard|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Business and Student Edition with Windows 10 Pro, Commercial Packaging, 13.5" 2256 x 1504 PixelSense Touchscreen
- 256GB PCIe SSD Storage, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 2.8GHz (Up to 4.7GHz) 11th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7-1186G7
- Up to 17 Hours of Battery Life, Windows 10 Pro, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, TPM 2.0 Chip for Enterprise Security, BitLocker Support, Enterprise-Grade Protection with Face Sign-In
- Larger Touchpad, 1 x Surface Connect Port, 1 x USB-C port, 1 x USB-A Port, 1 x 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output
OS: Windows 10 Pro | Processor: 11th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5 | Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 13.3 Inches Touch Screen | Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Integrated Graphics | Battery: 11 hours | Weight: 4.2 lbs
The best stylish business laptop
The HP Dragonfly is lightweight to carry and at the same time small in size. It has not compromised on its performance though. What is impressive is that it has come up with a spill-resistant keyboard.
You also get a sanitization mode that can be activated through the taskbar. The sanitization mode enables you to run through the sanitizer on the keyboard and the trackpad without the need to shut down the system.
The laptop comes with good connectivity with two Thunderbolts and one USB-A port. There is also an HDMI for connecting the external display. Only the ethernet is missing here and you might need to go in for an adapter if it is a wired network. The feature that stands out is the attractively bright 4k display with a colorful and detailed image.
The HP Dragonfly G2 might be the best one for reliable office workloads as it is powered by the 11th generation core processors. The performance is stronger as well. For Laptops for working from home professionals, this could be the key. A high-powered processor will give you better performance.
HP Elite Dragonfly manages to provide you with a fully-featured lightweight laptop powered with an impressive processor.
|➕ Impressive design||➖ Graphics performance is lacking|
|➕ Good battery life||➖ Pretty expensive|
|➕ Lightweight and also with 360 degrees hinges|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) utilizes OFDMA to increase your network efficiency. Wi-Fi 6 also expands from 80 MHz to 160 MHz, doubling the channel width for more bandwidth. Wi-Fi 6 also supports 8x8 MU-MIMO,...
- The HP Elite Dragonfly G2 can provide an immersive sound experience, thanks to four top-firing speakers and four discrete amps.
- Write and draw with precision with the optional HP Rechargeable Active Pen G3. Windows Ink, which is included in the Windows 10 Anniversary update, features useful apps for the pen, such as Sticky...
OS: Windows 10 Home | Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 | Memory: 8 GB DDR 4 | Storage: 256 GB SSD | Display: 14.0 Inches FHD | Graphics: AMD Radeon 7 | Battery: 6 hours | Weight: 3.11 lbs
The best budget laptop
Lenovo Ideapad 3 is the best budget laptop that is available in the market. A budget laptop with a sturdy chassis, comfortable keyboard and a good HD display is the best laptop for working from home. It comes with a Windows 10 Home OS with 15.6 inches display and a screen resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. It is also powered by the Intel core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM.
The Lenovo laptops have been in the industry for a long time now. It really shows as they have built alaptop that is quite solid and gives you a reassuring feel. The screen hinges are robust and the plastic casing is highly durable. It can last for a very long time if you handle it carefully.
The typing experience you get from the laptop is excellent. It has a full-sized keyboard with a number pad. There is no keyboard backlighting you will be able to manage without that. Though the trackpad is small, it is enough and responsive to the touch.
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is a budget laptop and at the same time, a well-built portable one that weighs only around 3 lbs. It gives you a comfortable laptop for working from home.
|➕ Good performance||➖ The screen is dim|
|➕ Assembled finger scanner||➖ No USB-C port available|
|➕ Inexpensive||➖ Battery life is average|
|➕ Strong chassis|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Powerhouse performance from AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD storage, and AMD Radeon 7 Graphics
- The IdeaPad 3 14-inch laptop has 4-side narrow bezels that let you see more of the FHD (1920 x 1080) screen for wider viewing angles and less clutter
- Quieter and cooler with intelligent thermals, plus you can calibrate performance with Q-control, with 3 modes to match your performance needs
- WiFi 6 (2x2 802.11 ax) and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, plus USB, USB-C, and HDMI ports
8. LG Gram 14
OS: Windows 11 Home | Processor: 11th Generation Intel Core i7 | Memory: 16GB | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 14.0 Inches LCD | Graphics: Iris Xe | Battery: 25.5 Hours | Weight: 2.53 lbs
The best light-weight touchscreen laptop
The LG Gram 14 comes with a sophisticated and minimalist design. The excellent crafting of a strong metal case with the magnesium alloy of the laptop makes a very high-quality impression. The hinges are quite stiff and hold the display tightly in place. Although the device is lightweight, it cannot be opened with one hand.
The LG Gram 14 offers all the ports that are necessary for everyday use. And the ports are equally distributed along the left and the right side. This provides adequate distance between the ports for comfortable usage.
Though the laptop is not stylish enough, the design will appeal to those who want their gadgets to blend into their surroundings at home.
LG Gram 14 is powered by Alexa. It is powered with voice recognition and all you need to do is just say what you want to do. You can set alarms, timers, keep track of your appointments and control the music and entertainment with Alexa.
This particular laptop powered with the Intel 11th generation i7 processor delivers a mind-blowing experience. This is the best laptop for working from home that will help you deliver high-resolution content creation.
|➕ Lightweight and durable||➖ Unattractive design|
|➕ Battery life||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Good performance||➖ Speakers are not appealing|
|➕ Lots of ports|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 14" WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for high-resolution content creation and editing
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 512GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
OS: Windows 10 Home | Processor: 11th generation Intel Core i7 | Memory: 8 GB RAM | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 14 inches Full HD (1920×1080) Anti-glare | Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics | Battery: 21 hours | Weight: 2.58 lbs
The best ultraportable laptop
The Asus Zenbook 14 is a sleek and affordable laptop available. It comes with a 14-inch display with an aluminum metal chassis with ultra-thin screen bezels. The ergo-life mechanism provides the keyboard with a lift that allows some airflow under the chassis.
You can open the lid of the laptop with a single hand. The display is of anti-glare finish with very thin bezels all around it. It is a typical Zen book with a lift mechanism that means the backside of the base rises when you open the lid. It helps in the cooling of the laptop as well.
This laptop has got a unique touchpad that also doubles as a number pad. When you press the icon at the top right corner of the touchpad, the LED numeric pad lights up. It’s helpful when you need to do quick calculations. While working on the number-pad mode, it also acts as a touchpad that allows you to swipe and navigate within the applications.
ASUS Zenbook does not have a headphone jack. Instead, Asus includes a dongle that converts a USB Type-C port to a 3.5mm audio jack for people who want to use wired headphones. You will also need to keep track of a second dongle if you want to connect to a wired network.
This Zenbook runs relatively quiet with a good performance with the Intel 10th Generation processor. But heavy gaming may not run smoothly with this one. It satisfies the criteria of laptops for working from home.
|➕ Thin and light aluminum chassis||➖ Dim display|
|➕ Touchpad doubles as a number pad|
|➕ Solid performance|
|➕ Two thunderbolt 3 ports|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 14 inch 400nits Full HD (1920x1080), Anti-Glare IPS level NanoEdge bezel display
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- ErgoLift hinge, NumberPad, and backlit keyboard
10. HP Pavilion 14
OS: Windows 10 Home | Processor: 11th Generation Intel Core i5 | Memory: 16 GB DDR 4 SDRAM | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 14″ diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS | Graphics: Integrated: Intel Iris Xe Graphics | Battery: Up to 8 hours | Weight: 4.33 lbs
Best home office laptop
HP Pavilion 14 has been the most selling laptop because it has more advanced features such as the Intel Core i7 processor. It is the best laptop for working on home projects. It has a high-end processor, it is more suitable for graphic design students.
It is a compact laptop that makes it easy to get the work done with a precise Touchpad. The battery life for the laptop is quite good. At the same time, charging the laptop also happens quickly.
The HP Pavilion 14 Laptop packs more performance into a much smaller profile. You will be able to be more productive with this one wherever you go. You can also enjoy mind-blowing entertainment with a micro-edge screen.
|➕ Performance||➖ Keyboard is slightly stiff|
|➕ Fingerprint sensor||➖ Low battery life|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD(33) SVA Brightview WLED-backlit (1366x768)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM Memory / 1 TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor
11. Lenovo V14
OS: Windows 10 Pro | Processor: AMD Athlon Gold 3150U | Memory: 12 GB DDR 4 | Storage: 512 GB SSD | Display: 14″ FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare, LED backlit | Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics | Battery: 8 hours and 20 minutes | Weight: 3.53 lbs
Best durable laptop
Lenovo V14 has the latest technology well within your budget. You get many of the latest features in the laptop like 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of SSD. The Lenovo V14 laptop comes with Windows 10 Pro installed with it. It also comes with the organizational assistant Cortana.
As for watching movies, it has a full HD configuration with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 and anti-glare technology. The size of the laptop is adjustable and can be kept in any type of laptop backpack. The battery back of this laptop also comes up to 8 hours. You can go for this laptop for working from home even during power shortage.
|➕ Appealing price||➖ Uncomfortable touchpad|
|➕ Comfortable keyboard||➖ No Type-C port|
|➕ Decent battery life|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- AMD Athlon Gold 3150U (Dual Core, 2.4GHz, up to 3.3GHz with Boost, 4MB Cache)
- 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) TN, anti-glare, LED backlight Display
- AMD Radeon Graphics; Windows 10 Professional
- 12GB DDR4 Memory (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, Professional Installation Service included); FREE bundle includes a XPI Mouse Pad
- 512GB Solid State Drive, PCIe NVMe (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, Professional Installation Service included)
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best laptop that can be used in the home as well in an office?
HP Pavillion 14 is one of the best laptops that can be used in the home as well as in an office.
Which laptop is the best budget laptop available as of now?
Lenovo Ideapad 3 is one of the best budget laptops available as of now.
Which is the best lightweight touchscreen laptop?
LG Gram 14 is the best lightweight laptop that has a touch screen feature.
What features make the HP Elite Dragonfly G2 laptop one of the best options?
It is one of the best choices due to its features. Lightweight, Great battery life, Brilliant design, Powerful processor, and Strong performance are the following features of HP Elite Dragonfly G2.
When purchasing laptops for home, people may not be in a position to decide on their specific choice. This might be quite a confusing and challenging task for them as well. Therefore they need to know the factors that affect their choices like the processor speed, display quality, productivity, storage capacity, and budget restrictions.
We have given you the best of laptops along with their specifications and price range. Not only are these the best when it comes to specifications and price range but they have also surpassed their predecessors in performance. Now you need to make the wise decision of deciding on the best laptop for working from home.