For many people, a keyboard is a keyboard. Those who feel that way may have never experienced the joy of using a mechanical keyboard that can offer best-in-class typing. Unlike a regular keyboard, a mechanical keyboard can provide a user with a level of feel and feedback that cannot be matched.
The trouble is, knowing not only the experience that a mechanical keyboard can provide but knowing the right one to buy can be difficult and that’s why we’re here. With our list of the best mechanical keyboards in 2023, you can start experiencing the excitement that comes from using a mechanical keyboard every day. These are perfect for graphic designers, programmers, creatives and everyone in between.
15+ Best Mechanical Keyboards in 2023
Now that we know that we need to pay attention to our mechanical keyboard’s layout, the key rollover, form factor, and most importantly, making sure to choose the right switches, we can take a closer look at some of the best choices out there for your next or even first mechanical keyboard.
- Razer Huntsman Elite — Best mechanical keyboard overall (Editor’s Choice)
- Logitech G Pro X — Best value quiet mechanical keyboard without a ten keypad
- Logitech G213 Prodigy — Best budget quiet mechanical keyboard
- Advantage 2 — Best mechanical keyboard for creatives
- Razer BlackWidow Elite — Best mechanical keyboard for gamers
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional — Best mechanical keyboard for professionals
- DIERYA DK61E Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Best compact quiet mechanical keyboard
- Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition — Best Small mechanical keyboard
- Logitech G Pro Gaming — Runner-up for best overall mechanical keyboard
- Roccat Vulcan 122 Aimo — Best designed mechanical keyboard
- Corsair K70 MK2 — Best Comfortable mechanical keyboard
- HyperX Alloy Origins — Best Affordable mechanical keyboard
- Logitech G915 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Best wireless mechanical keyboard
- SteelSeries Apex Pro — Runner-up for best gaming keyboard
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum — Best Quality mechanical keyboard
- Logitech MX Mechanical Wireless Keyboard — The best quiet mechanical keyboard with more customization
- iKBC CD108 V2 Mechanical Keyboard — The best office-recommended quiet mechanical keyboard
What is the best quiet mechanical keyboard?
Razer Huntsman Elite is the best quiet mechanical keyboard. Check out the table to see a comparison of the other quiet mechanical keyboards for graphic design and choose what fits your needs the best.
If you are looking for the best keyboards for programming – check out our list of the best keyboards for programming & coding
How to choose a mechanical keyboard
Choosing a mechanical keyboard isn’t like choosing any regular keyboard. There are certain things that you should consider before just plopping down your credit card. The things include:
Mechanical keyboards come in many different form factors much like standard keyboards. Each different form factor has features of its own and might be preferred over another by someone. These different form factors include:
A full-size keyboard comes with all of the keys including a tenkeypad and is an excellent choice for anyone who does work dealing with numbers or anyone else who may not have certain preferences and is just looking for a great keyboard that gets the job done.
TKL or 80%
Some users prefer a keyboard that doesn’t add anything extra and gives them the most commonly used set of keys. A tenkeyless (TKL) or 80% form factor saves space by removing the tenkeypad. This type is generally preferred by gamers and programmers because its lightweight and portable.
For those who think a TKL is still too big for their needs, manufacturers have started offering a keyboard that is a 75% form factor. This design is much smaller and crammed together to save space. While it’s similar to a TKL keyboard, it is missing a few keys and packed together with not much space between them. With a dedicated row for function keys, it also comes with the navigation cluster on the far right and is great for anyone looking for a more compact design without compromising.
One of the smallest form factors, the 60% form factor has a minimalist design approach and puts more emphasis on aesthetics. The design features a lack of function and navigation keys and offers a smaller footprint, making it easier to operate and carry. This is the perfect option for anyone who prefers portability and ease-of-carry over other things.
While the form factor is certainly important, another area that anyone buying a mechanical keyboard should look at is the layout of the keyboard. Typically, three types of layout are considered standard – ANSI, ISO, and JIS.
ANSI, otherwise known as the American National Standards Institute is a common keyboard layout used in North America and parts of Western Europe. ISO or International Standards Organization layout can be found on keyboards in Europe, while JIS or Japan Industrial Standards keyboard is specific to Japan.
ANSI is the most common standard found on keyboards, followed by ISO. There are a few differences between the two layouts including the enter key, the left shift key, and the backslash key.
Now, you plan on using the keyboard correct? So the next big thing to consider is the kind of switches that are being used on your keyboard. Unlike a standard keyboard, mechanical keyboards have individual switches under each key. This offers users better durability and improved performance. There are three categories of switches: Linear, Tactile, and Clicky.
Linear switches off a smooth feel from top to bottom when pressed down. Compared to tactile and clicky switches, linear switches are silent and the only noise that is made is due to the key being bottomed down, rather than the noise a switch typically makes. Since they lack tactility, linear switches are preferred for gaming as it involves many rapid and repeated keystrokes. Because there isn’t enough feedback, linear switches aren’t preferable for typing.
Tactile switches provide a slight bump midway when pressed, unlike linear switches, to offer feedback when pressed. While the switches don’t produce a clicky noise, when pressed, the keys do make a sound. Ideal for general use scenarios, tactile switches are a good option for those who do a lot of typing. These tend to fall mid-way Linear and Clicky switches.
Clicky switches are similar to tactile switches except that they have an added click sound for a sense of tactile feedback when pressed. When pressed, each key creates a distinct clicking noise and provides tactile feedback to let you know when the keypress has been registered. Because of the slight delay that occurs between the key being pressed and activated, clicky switches aren’t the best for gaming but they among the best for typing and therefore a great choice for programming.
Key rollover (KRO)
The key rollover or KRO is the keyboard’s ability to register multiple key presses at the same time. Most mechanical keyboards are equipped with an N-Key rollover (NKRO), which means that a keyboard can register n number of inputs at once. Primarily, the KRO is determined by the connection type that the keyboard uses. Keyboards using a USB connection offer anywhere from 4 to 6 key rollover while a PS/2 connection provides N-Key rollover support.
15+ Best Silent Mechanical Keyboards in 2023
1. Razer Huntsman Elite (Editor’s Choice)
The best overall mechanical keyboard
Size: 9.22 x 17.64 x 1.42 inches | Weight: 4.94lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Linear or Clicky
Rich in features, the Huntsman Elite from Razer is one of the best mechanical keyboards we’ve come across in a while. With the optomechanical switch, the keyboard is fast and precise, providing blazing-fast actuation because of an optical light sensor in each switch. A multi-function digital dial with three tactile media keys, a magnetic wrist rest, hybris onboard memory, plus cloud storage that can save all of your profile settings. While it’s not the most affordable keyboard, it is worth every dollar.
This keyboard comes with a matte aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity. This keyboard is made of plush leatherette for better comfort if you do long gaming sessions.
The keyboard is capable of supporting 100 million clicks with a two-year manufacturing warranty. This is more than double the life span of their competitor’s keyboard.
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Linear Optical switch technology uses optical beam-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (15-30% shorter actuation distance...
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually...
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions (with built-in underglow lighting)
- Fully Programmable Macro Support: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
The best mechanical keyboard without a ten keypad
Size: 6.3 x 2.01 x 15.08 inches | Weight: 2.88lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: GX red linear switches
An evolution of Logitech’s traditional G Pro keyboard, the G Pro X has a major selling point that will appeal to many users – swappable switches. Supporting both Logitech’s own GX Blue, Brown, and Red switches plus a full allotment of Cherry MX switches. To make customization easy, the keyboard lets you swap out individual keys allowing you to create a keyboard the way you want it and giving the keyboard longevity as long as parts are available. Great for gaming and typing, the G Pro X is a super-compact keyboard that provides well-designed and subtle backlighting.
This keyboard is ideal for esports athletes. It is perfect for competition-level performance, speed, and precision. The detachable micro-USB cables help you to safely transport in your travel bag.
You can play like a legendary sharpshooter that can shroud with the new PRO series.
|Matte aluminum top for integrity||Expensive|
|Fastest key actuation|
|Phenomenal hybrid switches|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Play like legendary sharpshooter Shroud with the new PRO Series - Shroud edition, featuring an exclusive new design
- Designed with pros and engineered to win, the PRO X Keyboard was built with and for esports athletes for competition-level performance, speed and precision
- Ultra-portable compact ten keyless design frees up table space for mouse movement. It’s easy to pack up and transport to tournaments
- Use LIGHTSYNC to highlight keys and program static lighting patterns to onboard memory for tournament systems that don’t allow G HUB installations *
- Detachable Micro USB cables feature a three-pronged design for an easy, secure connection and safe transport in your travel bag
The best budget-friendly mechanical keyboard
Size: 1.3 x 17.8 x 8.58 inches | Weight: 2.40lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Cherry MX Brown
If you’re in the market for a mechanical keyboard and not looking to spend a ton of money, you should take a look at the G213 Prodigy from Logitech. Perfect for daily typing and some gaming from time to time, it’s a little better than average at handling these tasks. The keyboard features a volume rocker and other helpful media control keys. Logitech’s G Hub is compatible with the keyboard, letting you set the RGB lighting, function keys, and other features. With a decent build quality, a great perk is that the keyboard is also spill-resistant.
|Neat looks||RGB lighting does not cover the entire keyboard|
|Easy and rich programmability|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Prodigy Series Logitech G keyboard for advanced gaming-grade performance up to 4x faster than standard keyboards so every keypress is near instantaneous from fingers to screen
- Brilliant Color Spectrum Illumination lets you easily personalize up to 5 lighting zones from over 16.8 million colors to match your style and gaming gear
- Tactile performance keys tuned for gaming with responsive and more. LCD Display: No
- Dedicated media control let you quickly play, pause, skip and adjust the volume of music right from the keyboard
- Easily customize key lighting, 12 Function keys with custom commands, and more with free Logitech Gaming Software
4. Advantage 2
A great ergonomic keyboard for creatives
Size: 18.4 x 10.7 x 4.1 inches | Weight: 3.15lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: MX Brown or MX Quiet Red
If you suffer from repetitive strain injuries, which can be common in people who may do a lot of heavy word processing, you should consider Advantage 2 from Kinesis. While it is a bit pricey, the contoured design adequately keeps both hands and wrists comfortable for long sessions and works great with Windows, Mac, Chrome, and Android users. You can program up to 48 macros as well, thanks to the manufacturer’s SmartSet Programming Engine. With different switch options, Advantage 2 is a great option for anyone.
There is unmatched durability with this keyboard as it offers 50 million key presses. The keyboard offers a low activation force with tactile feedback. There is also a three-year manufacturer warranty that comes with this product.
|Good ergonomics||Steep learning curve|
|Features MacOS keycaps||Delayed adaptability|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- CONTOURED ERGONOMIC SHAPE PROVEN TO INCREASE COMFORT AND PRODUCTIVITY: Patented design features split keywells with concave shape, thumb keys, orthogonal layout, 20 degrees of tenting, and integrated...
- GENUINE CHERRY MECHANICAL SWITCHES FOR PREMIUM TYPING FEEL AND PERFORMANCE: Cherry MX Brown mechanical switches feature a low activation force, tactile feedback and are rated for 50 million key...
- Full onboard programmability with the Driverless Smart Set engine: Custom layouts in QWERTY or Dvorak, on-the-fly macro recording, one-touch key remapping, Windows, Mac, PC modes, settings saved to...
- Plug-and-play with all major operating systems: Windows 7-10, Mac OS X, Linux, Chrome.
- 3 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY: Buy with confidence knowing that Kinesis engineers all our products in the USA to the highest standards and stands behind them 100 percent since 1992.
The best mechanical keyboard for gamers
Size: 9.16 x 17.65 x 1.67 inches | Weight: 3.69lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Razer Green, Orange, or Yellow
Razer, a company well-known for its high-end gaming peripherals continues the trend with the BlackWidow Elite. Boasting RGB LED backlighting, multiple switch options, a magnetic wrist rest, plus dedicated media keys, the mechanical keyboard is certainly a consumer favorite. With Razer’s in-house mechanical switches and fully programmable keys, you can set up the keyboard however you see fit. Whether it’s custom RGB lighting, bespoke Macro keys, or the way the keys feel under your fingertips, you can create a keyboard you can truly call your own.
The build-up of the keyboard is highly durable. The top part of the keyboard is made of highly military-grade metal. The keyboard is capable of supporting 80 million clicks.
You can equip the keyboard with fully programmable macros. This keyboard supports all keys and keypress combinations that you can remap for executing complex commands.
This solid-build keyboard also comes with a beautiful handrest at its bottom that you can remove when not in use.
|Excellent build quality||The LED lighting is white in color making it difficult to use in dark|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones
- Signature Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Green switch technology provides a satisfying clicky sound with 50 G of actuation force, ideal for typing and gaming requiring the highest accuracy
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners, supports 16.8 million colors on individually...
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions
Best mechanical keyboard for professionals
Size: 18 x 6.8 x 1.3 inches | Weight: 2.87lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Cherry MX Brown Switches
Featuring a standard 104-key layout plus multimedia keys and a volume control dial in the top right, the Das Keyboard 4 Professional touts a full n-key rollover, letting you press as many keys at the same time without any interruptions. Rated to endure more than 50 million keystrokes, the gold-plated Cherry MX switches provide incredible tactile feedback and active response times. The overall design of the keyboard features a new font to give it a more refined look while also making it easier to read.
This is one of the thinnest keyboards in the world. There is a two-port USB 3.0 hub that comes with the keyboard. There is a convenience to charging USB devices at the fingertips. At the same time, you can transfer music, high-resolution pics, and large videos at the rate of 5GB/second, which is extremely fast.
There is a dedicated media control with volume knobs and an instant sleep button. There is a magnetically detachable footbar ruler that helps to raise the keyboard to an optimal 4 degrees.
|Dedicated hardware media and sleep control||Inconvenient footbar ruler|
|Integrated USB 3.0 hub|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- ✅【Compact Design & Ergonomic】❥This DK61E 60% wired mechanical keyboard has a perfect size and it's good for Home and Office use, without Numpad, give more space to your desktop. ❥The...
- ✅【RGB Backlit - Built-in and Customize】❥Built-in multiple lighting effects and solid color backlight mode, no drivers needed. FN+|: Switch between built-in lighting effects. FN+}]: Switch...
- ✅ 【4 Profile Layers & Macro recording & 100% Anti-ghosting】❥You can record macros, customize advanced features and offline macros, customize the lighting effects, personalize function keys...
- ✅【PBT Double-shot Keycaps & Hot-swappable Gateron Optical Switches】 ❥The wear resistance and hardness of PBT are much higher than ABS keycaps, and oil-proof, providing the best typing and...
- ✅【Compatibility & Waterproof Circuit Board & Warranty 】 ❥ Compatible with Windows / Mac OS / Android, the DK61E comes with a 60 inches "L" Shape Type-C Cable. ❥ Our keyboard's circuit board...
Size: 13.31 x 5.51 x 1.89 inches | Weight: 1.91lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Linear or Clicky
When it comes to silent mechanical keyboards, this option from DIERYA makes for an excellent choice. While not as flashy as many of the other backlit options out there, this keyboard looks exciting while staying at an affordable price.
This impressive 60% keyboard allows users to customize the backlit settings, ensuring your workspace has your ideal aesthetic. With a waterproof circuit board, this keyboard is convenient for even the most clumsy users.
With an attractive RGB board and an overall ergonomic build, this is one of the best silent mechanical keyboards to work with.
Although the interface is not waterproof, it is simple to clean the keyboard.
This keyboard is compatible with Windows, MacOS, and Android and comes with a 60-inches L-shaped Type-C cable.
Latest Price on Amazon:
- THE ULTIMATE SMART COMPUTING EXPERIENCE - The Das Keyboard 4Q is the smart RGB Cherry MX version of the iconic industry standard Das Keyboard 4 Professional. It is the ultimate innovation tool that...
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE RGB KEYS - Instead of relying on snooze-able momentary alerts from different devices, Das Keyboard 4Q ambiently tracks the most important information directly on its RGB keys. Users...
- UP TO 50 MILLION KEYSTROKES - With industry-leading soft tactile Cherry MX RGB performance-tuned switches, the Das Keyboard 4Q brings together the best in tactile feedback you can feel and...
- FULL N-KEY ROLLOVER - Fast typists, productive professionals and gamers will appreciate that Das Keyboard 4Q mechanical keyboard supports full NKRO over USB. No need to use a PS2 adapter anymore. Full...
- PRE-BUILT Q APPLETS AND MORE - The Q Software uses downloadable applets from Q marketplace to light up the 4Q smart keyboard with user-defined notifications—all color-coded and displayed right on...
A small and compact mechanical keyboard
Size: 5.54 x 14.27 x 1.45 inches | Weight: 2.09lbs | Range: Wired, wireless | Switches: Linear Optical Switches
While many mechanical keyboards for gaming come with a complete set of keys, Razer, a maker of high-quality gaming products has opted for a small and compact approach with their Huntsman Tournament Edition and forgoes the extra keys. Despite its small size, the Huntsman doesn’t skimp on speed or accuracy and boasts Razer’s incredible opto-mechanical switches and durability of up to 100 million keystrokes. While overall, the keyboard doesn’t come with a ton of features, it epitomizes the term that big things come in small packages.
This keyboard offers fully programmable macro support. This Razer keyboard lets you change the key and keypress combinations. This helps you to execute complex commands. This keyboard comes with a detachable USB cable, enabling you to carry your keyboard wherever you go.
|Exceptional optical switches||Requires two USB ports for power|
|Intuitive media controls||Expensive|
|Good RGB lighting for every key and underglow|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Linear Optical switch technology uses optical beam based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (15 30 percent shorter actuation...
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Offers effortless, full integration with popular game titles and syncs with Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners;...
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with an aluminum top plate for increased sturdiness and support
- Tournament Ready Design: A tenkeyless design with a detachable USB cable provides a portable form factor for on the go gamers
- Oil Resistant Doubleshot PBT Keycaps: Made of textured, high grade PBT for a more durable and textured finish less prone to long term grime buildup
A close runner-up for best overall mechanical keyboard
Size: 14.2 x 1.4 x 6 inches | Weight: 2.16lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Romer G Switches
Ditching the Cherry MX switches for their own, lower-profile, fast-response Romer G switches, the G Pro Gaming from Logitech has a durability rating of up to 70 million keystrokes. The sturdy frame includes rubber feet to keep the keyboard from moving and offers three different angles to provide maximum comfort. The tools on the G Pro are powerful and intuitive and powerful even if you’re customizing the RGB LED backlighting or remapping the keys. With its fast and quiet switches, the G Pro Gaming from Logitech made it very hard not to make it our best overall selection.
This keyboard comes with ultra portable sleek and compact design. It frees up the table space for mouse movement and is easy to carry around.
|Detachable USB cable||Programming can happen only with function keys|
|Can be used with Windows and macOS|
|Extreme low latency level|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Pro grade Logitech G mechanical keyboard built to the exacting specifications of ESports athletes for a competition level blend of speed, precision and quiet performance
- Durable Romer G switches deliver 25 percent faster actuation than standard mechanical switches so every keypress is nearly instantaneous from fingers to screen ; Durability: 70 million keypresses
- Ultra-portable sleek and compact design frees up table space for mouse movement and is easy to pack and transport to tournaments: Rock Solid Reliability
- Detachable Micro USB cables features a three pronged design for an easy, secure connection and safe transport in your travel bag
- Comes with three step angle adjustment and rubber feet for adequate stability during intense gaming. Requirements are windows 7 or later, mac OS x 10.10 or later
An innovative and beautiful mechanical keyboard
Size: 9.25 x 18.19 x 1.26 inches | Weight: 2.16lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Titan Switches
One of the smartest-looking keyboards available, the Vulcan 122 Aimo from Roccat, has an incredible design, from its aluminum plate to its floating keys. Sporting Roccat’s Titan switches are lit up by Roccat’s AIMO lighting engine and are truly a sight to behold. While it certainly looks the part, the performance is also up to par. The speedy and precise Titan switches are designed for gamers with its tactile and silent actuation point of 1.8mm. Overall, the Vulcan 122 Aimo not only has an incredible look that will get it noticed, but the overall performance will also make it stand out.
The eco-system connects compatible devices to present vivid lighting scenarios. This does not require extensive configuration and supports backlighting in 16.8 million colors.
|Extremely stylish in look||Expensive|
|Dished key caps||Wrist rest uncomfortable|
|Comfortable key switches|
|Easy to clean|
Latest Price on Amazon:
No products found.
11. Corsair K70 MK2
A great combination of utility and comfort
Size: 17.24 x 6.53 x 1.53 inches | Weight: 2.76lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Cherry MX Blue Switches
In terms of comfort and utility, the K70 MK2 from Corsair is right up to par with other similar products. The keyboard comes with Cherry MX Blue switches but you can change them out to options such as Brown, Red, Silent, and Speed. While it does come with an affordable price, it has had to make some sacrifices to do so. While its overall design isn’t as sleek as others, it does provide you with a USB passthrough. The biggest complaint many users may have is the amount of real estate it occupies. If you’re not concerned about that, then the K70 MK2 from Corsair is a quality keyboard.
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go independent of external software
- Per-key dynamic multi-color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control
- 100% CHERRY MX mechanical key switches provide the reliability and accuracy you demand
- USB pass-through port provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset
The best affordable mechanical keyboard
Size: 17.4 x 5.2 x 1.5 inches | Weight: 2.37lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: HyperX Switches
Not everyone can afford to drop a few hundred bucks on a quality mechanical keyboard and thanks to the Alloy Origins from HyperX, you don’t have to either. While the overall design looks plain with its LEDs off but the level of customization lets you make it your own. No dedicated media keys or wrist rest are included with the Alloy. It does feature three programmable onboard profiles plus macro keys, a small LED screen for switching between modes, and three adjustable angles. A good buy for the price, the Alloy Origins types like a high-end keyboard that you can transform into something that all you.
Alloy Origins comes with a rigid and strong aluminum body that will help you with stability even when keys are flying. This keyboard is exclusively for gamers as it provides style, performance, and reliability. This keyboard comes with a detachable USB cable that helps with portability.
|Attractive and compact in design||No dedicated macro keys|
|Good RGB lighting|
|Three-level of height adjustment|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- HyperX Mechanical Switches rated for 80 million keystrokes
- Full aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Compact, portable design with detachable cable
- Dazzling RGB lighting with dynamic effects
- Advanced customization with HyperX NGENUITY software
The best wireless mechanical keyboard
Size: 22.5 x 7.9 x 1.8 inches | Weight: 3.63lbs | Range: Wireless | Switches: Low-profile GL switches
Sometimes, you need the freedom that comes from using a wireless keyboard and if that’s the case, you should check out the G915 from Logitech. Using low-profile switches, the keyboard provides exceptional performance. Compatible with both 2.4Ghz dongle and Bluetooth and when fully charged, comes with 30 hours of battery life, charging completely in 3 hours. For even more customization, you can use Logitech’s G Hub software to adjust things to your satisfaction.
This keyboard is a perfect gaming keyboard that comes with no compromises. The appearance of the keyboard is gorgeous with a brushed-metal-style finish over a strong plastic chassis. There are macro keys that come with this keyboard. They appear at the foremost corner of the keyboard just above the function keys.
|Attractive design||Non-availability of wrist-rest|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Provides next-gen RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from approximately 16.8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.
- Toggle between high-performance LIGHTSPEED wireless via USB receiver and Bluetooth - quickly and easily.
- Offers the speed, accuracy and performance of a mechanical switch at half the height. The GL Clicky switch features a distinctive sound and tactile feedback.
- Can be programmed with custom macros and commands per game or app profile. Use Logitech G HUB to easily setup and manage profiles, commands and more.
- With a precision engineered, edgeless volume wheel provide convenient and easy control to quickly play, pause, skip or mute your media.
A great mechanical keyboard for gaming
Size: 5.5 x 17.2 x 1.6 inches | Weight: 2.14lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Omnipoint adjustable switches
SteelSeries is another manufacturer that always seems to have an innovation with every product release and with the Apex Pro, you can customize the mechanical switches. The adjustable switches, a first of their kings, come with customizable sensitivity levels. This means that you can fine-tune the actuation by key to personalize your experience. A response time that is incredibly fast and more durable than competitors just tout how good this keyboard is. An OLED Smart Display and integrated command center display important information like settings, updates, and profiles. With all of these features, while the Apex Pro is a great keyboard, it isn’t budget-friendly but if you can afford one, get one.
This keyboard is made up of an aluminum alloy frame. It connects to your computer through a USB Type-A cable. The cable management system is well designed in such a way that it can be extended outwards in three ways. The bottom of the keyboard has three rubber pads as well that keeps your keyboard at one place.
|Strong aluminum build||Costly|
|Excellent RGB lighting|
|Good cable management system|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- OmniPoint adjustable switches allow for customization of actuation distance from 0.4 millimeter to 3.6 millimeter
- OLED smart display: An integrated command center for adjusting settings and tracking on the fly info straight from your game, Spotify, Discord, and more
- Aircraft grade aluminum alloy built for a lifetime of durability and stability
- RGB Illumination unmatched customization with 16.8 million colors per key
- Premium magnetic wrist rest: Provides full palm support and comfortable, ergonomic feel. Compatibility : (OS) Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox, and PlayStation. USB port required. (Software) SteelSeries Engine...
A quality keyboard that’s comfortable to use
Size: 18.3 x 6.7 x 1.4 inches | Weight: 2.92lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Cherry MX switches
Available in three different Cherry MX configurations, the K95 RGB Platinum keyboard from Corsair is a keyboard that is designed with gamers in mind and when you press down one of the switches, the loud “thunk” that occurs will be music to your ears. The edge-to-edge wrist rest is the star of this keyboard though. Extremely comfortable and plush, your wrists will thank you. The keyboard also comes with six dedicated macro keys on the left side although your can swap them out for six streamer-focused keys that come with the keyboard. While using the K95 may be a challenge at the beginning for creatives, once they become accustomed to it, they’re going to love it.
The black keys, the wrist rest, and the gray aluminum top panel makes the keyboard attractive. The RGB color comes through the switches and makes them appear vibrant. The keys of the keyboard are made with thick polybutylene terephthalate(PBT) material. This makes the keys more durable and the letters look sharper.
|Comfortable wrist rest||Rubber palm gets grungy|
|Double shot keypad|
|Good aluminum build|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that's going to see a lot of action
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software. Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with light edge: Adjust each key's color and illumination level in addition to 19 zones on the top edge light bar for sophisticated and dramatic animations
- 100 percentage Cherry MX Speed RGB mechanical key switches: Unleash blistering speed with the 1.2 millimeter actuation and durability of gold contact Cherry MX mechanical key switches
- 6 programmable G keys for in game macros: Assign single keystrokes or complex multi key combos to any of the 6 dedicated macro keys. Full key (NKRO) with 100 percentage anti-ghosting. HID keyboard...
The best quiet mechanical keyboard with more customization
Size: 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches | Weight: 1.00lbs | Range: Wireless | Switches: Tactile Quiet, Linear, Clicky
The Logitech MX Mechanical Wireless Keyboard is a full-size keyboard with great feel, precision, and performance. MX mechanical keyboards feature tactile, quiet switches that provide the utmost sensation and flow while producing minimal noise. It also comes with clicky switches and linear switches.
An ergonomic keyboard layout designed for easy and accurate typing with a full-size form factor and low-profile mechanical switches. The wireless keyboard’s backlit keys turn on as soon as your hands get close to them and automatically adjust to different lighting situations.
Additionally, the MX Mechanical Bluetooth wireless keyboard offers greater customization and a speedier workflow and you can pair this keyboard with up to three devices.
Hot keys of the keyboard are limited to a selected list of actions. You cannot change the hot keys or program macros.
This keyboard works with full power continuously for 15 days or up to six months with its backlighting turned off.
|Good typing experience||Limited hot keys options.|
|Great battery life||Only two tilt levels|
|Good OS compatibility|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Fluid and quiet mechanical typing: MX Mechanical keyboard features Tactile Quiet switches that deliver next-level feel and flow with less noise - Clicky and Linear switches are also available.Topcase:...
- Low-profile keys, more comfort: A keyboard layout designed for effortless precision, with a full-size form factor and low-profile mechanical switches for better ergonomics
- Smart illumination: Backlit keys light up the moment your hands approach the cordless keyboard and automatically adjust to suit changing lighting conditions
- Faster workflow, more customization: Customize Fn keys, assign backlighting effects, enable Flow cross-computer, multi-device control, and more in the improved Logi Options+ (1)
- Multi-device, multi-OS: Pair MX Mechanical Bluetooth wireless keyboard with up to 3 devices on nearly any operating system via Bluetooth Low Energy or included Logi Bolt receiver(2)
The best office-recommended quiet mechanical keyboard
Size: 17.99 x 7.91 x 2.09 inches | Weight: 3.6lbs | Range: Wired | Switches: Linear, Quiet
If you are looking for a mechanical keyboard that brings utmost nil sound, then the iKBC CD108 V2 Mechanical Keyboard is the perfect choice for you. The ergonomic wide PBT keycap shapes of the iKBC CD108 V2 mechanical keyboard are made to make typing more comfortable. The design is straightforward and minimalistic.
The exclusive Cherry MX noise reduction technology effectively reduces any operational noises, making it perfect for business settings and gaming teams. You may choose the ideal height and posture for your typing, gaming, or programming sessions using the three levels of adjustable feet.
Excellent touch, abrasion resistance, and oil resistance are all features of double-shot keycaps. The overall structure of this keyboard is stylish and simple to read, making it the ideal solution for your business setting.
|Well-built||Requires AAA batteries|
|Good to type on|
|Promises good battery life|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- ▼ Mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Silent Red Switches (Linear): Cherry MX patented noise reduction technology reliably minimizes any operating noises. With same operation force but slight shorter...
- ▼ iKBC CD108 v2 mechanical keyboard design: The case is very simplistic and streamlined and the ergonomic wide PBT keycap shapes are designed to provide a comfortable typing experience even during...
- ▼ CD108 v2 - Upgraded Version with Mistel Doubleshot Keycaps: MISTEL OEM PBT DOUBLE SHOT KEYCAP is created using Special two-shot molding process, ensuring more durability, more stability and...
- ▼ Other Features with iKBC mechanical keyboard: 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover on USB. Lockable Win key availability. Convenient Multimedia Keys: volume up, down, mute and special key...
- ▼ Package Contents: iKBC CD108 v2 Mechanical Keyboard, Keycap puller, User Manual, 1 x Keyset of RGBY modifiers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the quietest mechanical keyboard available?
SteelSeries Apex M750 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is the quietest and provides an exceptional experience. With floating keys and an impressive look, the build quality doesn't disappoint. The keyboard also has colorful lighting that can be customized the way you want. With robust features, it is a great pick.
Why are mechanical keyboards good for designers?
Mechanical keyboards are good for designers because they last longer and enable faster & much more accurate typing. Designers can also assign macro functions to different dedicated keys, making them really useful.
Which type of mechanical keyboard is the quietest?
Different mechanical keyboards have different switches and the ones with switches that fall in the linear category are consistently quiet. Next, Tactile Quiet switches also offer non-audible bumps.
Are mechanical keyboards louder than membrane?
Yes, the switch design of the mechanical keyboard makes them louder than membrane keyboards.
Are mechanical keyboards better for gaming?
Yes, mechanical keyboards are better for gaming as they are more durable, tactile, and faster. The RGB lighting, key sounds, and extra keys for binds make mechanical keyboards an ideal choice for gamers.
What are the best silent mechanical keyboards for gaming?
Best Mechanical Keyboards for Designers in 2023
Choosing a mechanical keyboard shouldn’t be a long, drawn-out process. Knowing what you’re looking for when it comes to switches, form factor, KRO, and the layout of the keyboard can help you pick the best one for your needs. With our list of the best mechanical keyboards for designers in 2023, we are certain that you will be able to do just that.