With the foothold that technology has in our daily lives, making sure that all of your devices, from your smartphone to your drawing tablet stay charged is essential.
Which one do you go with though? There can be so many different options that it can easily be confusing which is why we wanted to share our list of the Best Power Banks in 2023 and advice on how to choose the one that’s right for you.
This post is perfect for those looking for a Wireless Charging Portable Power Bank or Battery Pack for their Laptop, Camera, Tablet, or Smartphone including iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, and any other smart devices.
Top 10 Power Banks for 2023
With all of the options out there when it comes to power banks, we wanted to make sure that the ones we chose fit the needs of a designer or creative that may be on the go.
- Anker 2000 power bank — Best overall power bank (Editor’s Choice)
- MAXOAK 50,000mAh Power Bank — The best high-capacity power bank
- Belkin 20,000mAh Power Bank — The best slim power bank
- ADDTOP Solar Charger 25,000mAh — The best solar power bank
- Anker 737 Power Bank — The best fast-charging power bank
- myCharge Waterproof Power Bank — The best waterproof power bank
- Anker 10,000mAh power bank — The best compact and reliable power bank
- Omni 20 USB-C Portable Power Bank — The best high-end power bank
- INIU 10000mAh Portable Charger — Best portable power bank
- FAMETEK Star Trek Phone Charger — The best overall value
What is the Best Power Bank in 2023?
Anker PowerCore 20100 power bank is the best power bank in 2023. Have a look at our comparison table below:
Protect your gear from electronic power surges with best surge protector – check out our list of the best surge protectors.
How to Choose a Power Bank?
Like any piece of technology you may use, you can always choose the first one you see, but you’re unlikely to get one that does everything you need it to.
For a power bank, there are a few things that we suggest you look at before you buy.
Measured in milliamp-hour, commonly known as “mAh” is important to consider because it tells you how much power it will use to charge your tech and also how often you may need to charge it. It can be common to see capacities ranging from 2,000mAh to 15,000mAh, some power banks on the market have a capacity of 40,000mAh.
The higher the capacity, the more times use can use it to charge your device. While many people will use a power bank to charge more than one device, knowing how many devices you plan on charging with the device will help you pick a capacity.
A power bank is meant to be a device that is easily portable so that when you’re on the go, you can plug your device in, put the device in your bag or pocket, and go. If your power bank is larger than your phone, you may want to consider a new one. The physical size of the power bank does not affect the capacity that it comes with.
It is pretty simple, the more ports a power bank has, the more devices it can charge at the same time. Typically though, the number of ports that a bank has will increase the physical size of the device. If you’re looking for one you can put in your pocket, it may only come with one of two ports.
Out of what you should consider, the voltage has to be one of the most important and that’s because of the potential safety risk. You don’t want to buy a power bank that has a voltage higher than the battery of the device you’re charging.
This is because if the power bank has a higher voltage, it can cause your device’s battery to swell and possibly explode. If the voltage is less than the battery, it may not charge the device at all. Always check compatibility.
It always comes down to price as a consideration when you choose what to buy. With power banks ranging from $24 to $199, finding something within your budget shouldn’t be too difficult. Cheaper is not always better and you do get what you pay for, so making sure it has what you need is important.
10 Best Power Banks in 2023
1. Anker 20000 Power Bank (Editor’s Choice)
The Best Power Bank Overall
Weight: 354g | Size: 16.6 x 5.8 x 2.2cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Number of ports: 2 | Included cables: Micro USB | Compatible with: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPad, Samsung S9, Samsung Note 8, 12-inch MacBook 2015
Not all power banks can top the list because they must possess excellent features to benefit everyone who is on the go, and PowerCore 20100 is one such portable charger that carries amazing characteristics.
With two 2.4 Amp ports, you can easily charge two devices at once. The capacity of 20,100mAh means you can use this multiple times before you need to recharge the bank.
One of its standout features that impressed us the most is that it is compatible with Anker’s PowerIQ or VoltageBoost, meaning it can charge your device very quickly all at a very affordable price.
Since power banks are meant to be carried around, PowerCore 20100 is designed with a compact and sleek design, making it convenient for us to drop it inside our bags or pockets. Overall, the Anker PowerCore 20100 has already been known for its durability and reliability, it also bags the most popular choice badge by offering a balance of capacity, performance, and affordability.
|➕ High battery capacity||➖ Takes 10 hours to charge|
|➕ Small size|
|➕ LED indicators|
|➕ Solid build|
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Charge Fast Anywhere: The 20W USB-C port has enough power to charge an iPhone 12 to 50% in just 30 minutes. Also equipped with an 18W USB port if you need to charge a second device.
- Ultra-High Cell Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh cell capacity provides 5 charges for iPhone 12, more than 4 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
- One Charger to Power Them All: With a maximum output of 30W, enjoy lightning-fast charging speeds for your devices, including phones, laptops, and more.
- High-Speed Charging: Charge your iPhone 14 up to 3X faster*, saving you valuable time and minimizing the hassle of waiting for your device to charge.
The Best Capacity Power Bank
Weight: 1.26kg | Size: 20.6 x 13.5 x 3.3cm | Battery capacity: 40,000Ah | Included cables: USB Cable | Number of ports: 6 | Compatible with: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S7, S6, S5, S4, S3, Note 4, Note 3, Note 2, Note 7, iPad Air, iPad Air2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, Lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, Surface Pro 3 Surface Pro 4.
If you have a lot of of devices that you carry around with you, the Power Bank from MAXOAK is exactly what you’re looking for.
With six ports, it’s perfect for all of your devices or even for a group of colleagues all in need of a quick charge. With 50,000mAh of capacity, you’re not going to run out of power anytime soon.
The only real downside is that it isn’t compatible with a MacBook. However, it does not make any compromise when it comes to compatibility because it comes with a variety of outputs such as USB-A, USB-C, and DC which you can make use of to charge multiple devices simultaneously.
Its robust and durable design not only captures attention but also makes it an excellent choice for travel and outdoor activities. We would suggest this power bank for individuals who are looking for an abundance of portable power.
|➕ Huge power capacity||➖ Heavy|
|➕ Tough build||➖ Does not support MacBooks|
|➕ Ten laptop adapters provided|
|➕ Six charging ports provided|
- [Unlimited 100W Power] MOMAX Universal Power Adapter is considered to be the most powerful international travel adapter on the market. 100W of power is not just unique to one USB-C port, all USB-C...
- [GaN Universal Charger Adapter] Thanks to MOMAX advanced GaN technology, this international travel adapter is able to accommodate 100W USB-C ports and UK/EU/AU/US plugs in such a compact body. It...
- [40000mAh Transparent Charger] MOMAX laptop power bank with see-through design, showing the beauty of the internal structure, a great sense of technology and industrial. 40,000mAh huge capacity is...
- [100W Two-Way Power Delivery] This laptop battery bank features a 100W dual-way USB-C port, which is not only 2X faster than the original charger, but also recharges 60% in 1 hour. Using the latest...
- [100W PD High Speed] MOMAX USB-C to USB-C cable supports 100W (5A/20V) fast charging, taking your charging speed to a new level. It only takes 2 hrs to fully charge your MacBook Pro. (For a full-speed...
The best slim power bank
Weight: 130g | Size: 1.79 x 4.02 x 6.28 inches | Battery capacity: 20,000mAh | Included cables: None | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 13 Mini, iPhone 12, 11, iPad, and Other USB C, USB A Devices
The Belkin Portable Power Bank 20K charger is a super handy accessory to have on the go. At a reasonable price, this lightweight yet power-packed power bank offers exceptional performance.
No matter what your device is, say a smartphone, smartwatch, or wireless earbuds, with its 5,000mAh capacity, it offers an extra boost of power for all your devices.
Weighing just 4.6 ounces, it comes with 2 ports in which you can connect any cable with a USB-A end.
The four LEDs at the side of the minimalistic design indicate the battery of the power bank. Also, its sleek and slim design makes it easy to slip into your pockets.
As it has a fast charging port, you can quickly charge your mobile device with a compatible cable.
The only downside that we find is that its capacity might not provide multiple charges for large devices like laptops or tablets. It works cool for those looking for a lightweight and compact backup power source for small devices.
All in all, this is a great power bank at an affordable price.
|➕ LCD screen||➖ Expensive considering the limited features|
|➕ Fast charging|
- EXTRA LONG BATTERY LIFE - With a capacity of 20,000 mAh this battery pack provides up to 9 hours* of battery life to your MacBook, up to 28 hours* of battery life to your iPad, and up to 77 hours* to...
- QUICKLY CHARGE TWO DEVICES AT ONCE - This power bank can charge two devices at the same time. The USB-C port is capable of charging a MacBook with up to 30W of power, while the USB-A port can chage...
- DURABLE AND TRAVEL READY: Our battery packs are designed with durability and portability in mind. With its huge capacity and minimal footprint this USB PD charger is ready to be taken anywhere.
- LED INDICATOR LIGHT - It’s easy to know when the power bank needs to be recharged with the easy to read built in LED indicator light.
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: This Belkin power bank comes with a 2-year limited warranty and a Connected Equipment Warranty (CEW) of up to $2,500, so you can rest assured that your iPhone and other devices are...
The best solar power bank
Weight: 538g | Size: 6.1 x 3.35 x 1.37 inches | Battery capacity: 25000 mAh | Included cables: Micro-USB cable | Number of ports: 3 | Compatible with: smart phone and camera
ADDTOP Solar Charger power bank is a smart solution with solar charging capability that requires around 30 hours for a full charge. This powerhouse has 25000mAh of battery life that can charge any normal mobile device approximately 7-8 times. The power bank is fully waterproof and comes with a solid, durable body. It has two USB ports to charge two devices simultaneously.
In addition to fast charging, it comes with a LED flashlight (three modes). The practical design and overall performance make this a pretty good choice for users that travel a lot.
|➕ Durability||➖ Non-resistance to heat|
|➕ Overcharge and short-circuit protection|
- 26800mAh Solar Charger: Ultra-High Capacity solar power bank provides 26800mAh large battery power for charging a phone at least 6 times. Keeping you stay charged for days with a single recharge,...
- PD 18W Fast Charge: It only takes 10 hours to fully recharge the solar powered battery with an 18W PD adapter (Not Included). And quickly charges your phone up to 50% in 30 mins, 2.5 times faster than...
- Triple 3A Outputs: The solar phone charger is equipped with dual USB-A Output Ports and 3A Quick Charging Type C Input & Output Port. It supports your three devices powered at the same time,...
- Dual Recharge Methods: Charge the solar battery charger by spreading the 4 foldable solar panels in the sun to get max 6W charging rate and fully charge in several days, or recharged with the USB C...
- Perfect for Outdoors: The portable solar charger features a LED flashlight with Standard-SOS-Strobe modes, it can used as night light in the dark, super useful for some emergency situations. You can...
5. Anker 737
The best fast charging power bank
Weight: 436.5g | Size: 11.02 x 5.28 x 1.26 inches | Battery capacity: 24,000mAh | Included cables: Micro USB | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: iPhones, Android Phones, Smartphones, laptops
If you want a budget-friendly power bank, Anker 737 comes handy with its two 24000mAh battery packs. It has a portable charging capability that lets you charge smartphones and other mobile devices without connecting to a wall outlet.
Each power bank has two USB output ports that can detect all connected devices and distribute current up to 140 watts effectively. The charger is far safer than any Li-ion charger because of the Li-polymer battery pack. Additionally, it is lighter and slimmer so that you can take it around effortlessly.
|➕ Incredibly compact||➖ Can weigh more than a phone|
|➕ Widely compatible|
- High-Speed Charging: The 100W USB-C port pumps out enough power to charge a wide range of devices in record time. Charge your MacBook Pro 16" (M1 Max, 2021) to 100% in 1 hour and 20 minutes, so you...
- Wide Compatibility: From phones to laptops and more, our proprietary PowerIQ 3.0 technology provides flawless compatibility with virtually any mobile device.
- Foldable and Portable: The charger's compact size and foldable plug make it easy to take wherever you go, while saving valuable space in your bag or pocket.
The best waterproof power bank
Weight: 521.6g | Size: 5.51 x 2.56 x 0.51 inches | Battery capacity: 6700mAh | Included cables: N/A | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: Smartphones and all USB A devices
When we are looking for a power bank to bring to adventures, being waterproof is one of the immediate features we think of. If that’s the case myCharge is all that you need featuring an ultra-high capacity of 6700 mAh may provide you with a battery life that is exceptional. The ergonomic arc design is comfortable to grasp and easy to use.
The two USB output ports on this portable charger allow for simultaneous fast charging of two devices. You can recharge the battery itself in 4-5 hours using the Type-A input and Micro USB input connectors.
Additionally, switching the appropriate current and voltage to charge the gadget is made possible by this feature. It makes use of a battery module with a safe high-density lithium polymer that is more portable and has a bigger battery capacity, ensuring your safety.
|➕ Ultra-high capacity||➖ Heavy|
|➕ Fast charging|
- PORTABLE CHARGER: Ideal for power boosts and extending the life of your tablet, cell phone, Bluetooth speaker, e-reader or any other standard USB devices delivering 6700mAh Internal Battery and 2.4A...
- WATERPROOF RUBBERIZED FINISH: Designed to withstand the most extreme outdoor conditions (waterproof, drop-resistant and dirt-proof) while camping, hiking or mountaineering or just simply on the go
- BUILT-IN CARABINER: Features ability to attach included carabiner clip to your backpack, belt, harness or any secure loop so that your power source is simply an arm's length away
- STAY CHARGED: Makes for a great adventure companion and easily packs away in a small bag, purse or backpack so a convenient power source is always within reach, the pass-through charging enables the...
- SMALL & COMPACT DESIGN: Compatible with Apple iPhone 12, 12 Pro/Max, 12 Mini, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR, XS/Max, X, 8, 7, 6, 6S, 5, SE, iPad / Android for Samsung Galaxy), Bluetooth Speaker, Wireless...
The best compact and reliable power bank
Weight: 208g | Size: 14.9 x 6.8 x 1.4cm | Battery capacity: 10,000Ah | Included cables: Micro-USB Cable | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: 12” 2015 MacBook (USB-C cable required), iPhone XS / XS Max / XR, Android smartphones and tablets (including the Nexus 7), and other USB-charged devices.
If you are looking for a reliable and compact charger designed to keep your device powered on the go, then Anker PowerCore 10,000mAh Power Bank is an excellent choice.
We admire this power bank because, with its 10,000mAh capacity, it perfectly balances portability and charging capability, making it suitable for smartphones, tablets, and wireless earbuds.
No bigger than a pack of cards, the Anker PowerCore is an easy-to-carry option for those in need of something easy to use.
With LED indicators displaying the battery level, this portable charger is an amazing choice for people looking for a versatile charger.
|➕ Portability||➖ Moderate capacity|
|➕ High capacity|
|➕ Reliable brand|
[amazon box="B095C28DXK" link_id="99727"/]
The best high-end power bank
Weight: 499g | Size: 13 x 3 x 13cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Included cables: USB-C charging cable | Number of ports: 4 (2 USB & 2 USC) | Compatible with: Latest USB-C MacBook Pros, iPhone 8/X, USB-C phones, laptops
While there are many great options at a cheaper price, for those who have the money, the Portable Power Bank from Omni 20 comes with four ports and can charge your laptop and is also a USB hub. It can be a great office or collaborating option. You can even recharge the device while it is charging your devices. If money is not an issue, this may be the power bank for you.
|➕ High battery capacity||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Clear LCD display||➖ Soft rubber exterior|
|➕ Wireless charge|
[minti_button link="https://geni.us/ywUjBQ4" size="medium" target="_blank" lightbox="false" color="color-3" icon=""]Buy on Amazon
- 【Power Hub For All Your USB-C Devices】From high powered USB-C laptops to tablets and smartphones, Omnicharge can keep all your devices charged up. Compact and functional.
- 【Extensive Features】All-In-One power solution with two high powered USB-C ports for laptops, pass-through charging, USB Hub Mode, Wireless charging and QC 3.0 USB-A
- 【High Powered, Fast Charging】71wh (20000mah) battery capacity. Charge safe and fast with high charging efficiency. 100 watt USB-C powers most smart devices including MacBook Pro, Surface Book 2...
- 【USB Hub Mode】Transfer files and connect USB devices with USB Hub mode. Connect the right USB-C port to your laptop, and connect your USB devices through the USB-A ports
- 【Accessories】The Omni 20C+ includes a USB-C charging cable. WALL CHARGER NOT INCLUDED compatible with most USB-C laptop chargers
The best portable power bank
Weight: 198.447g | Size: 5.2 x 2.7 x 0.5in | Battery capacity: 10000mAh/37Wh | Included cables: In & Out USB C port | Number of ports: 3 | Compatible with: All USB devices
INIU is a popular and trusted brand, and this portable charger is exceptional. The lightweight and compact design with 10000mAh capacity are superb to keep you charged on the go. It offers fast charging (1.4x faster through exclusive UPower+ technology), a flashlight, and 3 USB ports (2 Type-A and 1 Type-C). The power bank works smartly to charge your devices and is completely safe: INIU portable charger can work with not only all the phones and tablets, but your smaller devices like AirPods, Bluetooth headphones, fitness trackers, smart watches, etc.. It also comes with a 3-year guarantee, so you can be sure of its durability. As for the portability, the dimensions are 5.2 x 2.7-inch, making it easier to fit in a pocket or small handbags.
|➕ Lightweight||➖ Slow-charging|
|➕ Sleek design|
|➕ Quality material|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- ✅【From INIU--the SAFE Fast Charge Pro】Experience the safest charging with over 38 million global users. At INIU, we use only the highest-grade materials, so we do have the confidence to provide...
- ✅【Market's Thinnest 10000mAh】 The market’s one and only 0.5-inch power bank that breaks the limit of 10000mAh, easily slipped into any travel lover's pockets or bag. Enjoy the days’ worth of...
- ✅【Future-Proof USB C Input & Output】 Unlike 95% of power banks got a USB C input only, INIU PowerPaw upgraded a bi-directional USB-C, supporting both current In and Out, to perfectly fit your...
- ✅【Faster 3A Charging Saves You 45 Mins】Faster 3A charging enables fueling your iPhone up to 78% in 1 hour, which markedly outpaces 2.1A's charging 42% in the same time. 3A faster speed sets you...
- ✅【Juice Up All from Big to Small】Unlike the market’s most power banks incapable of charging low-current accessories, INIU got effortless power to fuel not only all phones, tablets but your...
Best value power bank
Weight: 457g | Size: 7 x 3.4 x 0.7 in | Battery capacity: 10000mAh | Included cables: N/A | Number of ports: USB-C (In/Out) with PD, USB-A x2 | Compatible with: Laptops, phones, tablets, portable speakers, USB powered devices
This best value FAMETEK Star Trek Power Bank ensures you never run out of battery life, even when grinding out work on your MacBook! Compatible with iPhones, iPads, tablets, Samsung and Android devices, and even laptops with USB-C port, you can charge up a wide range of mobile items by keeping this versatile, high-powered charger with you in a backpack, travel bag, briefcase, purse, and more.
|➕ Attractive design||➖ Heavy|
|➕ Multi-port availability||➖ Does not display the battery level correctly|
|➕ Holds the charge for a long time|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- GREAT GIFT FOR STAR TREK FANS | This Star Trek Pocket Sized Slim Power Bank is much more than just a convenient way to charge your phone or tablet. With the Ships of the Line Design on the front and...
- THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING | This Star Trek Power Bank features the most famous Federation Starships. They are beautifully etched on the front of the battery pack and allow you to charge your phone...
- SHIPS OF THE LINE: Ships included on the front of the powerbank are the U.S.S. Enterprise NX-01, U.S.S. Discovery, U.S.S. Enterprise 1701, U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-D, U.S.S. Voyager and the U.S.S....
- EXTRA FEATURES | With three outputs (USB-A x 2 and TYPE-C) you can charge multiple devices at once. The 10,000 mAh Powerful Backup Battery allows you to charge on the go. Perfect for keeping your...
- LICENSED PRODUCTS: All Fametek products are officially licensed, hold incredible quality, and make amazing memorabilia for the men and women who have everything! Buy today; it is entirely risk-free!...
Frequently Asked Questions
What brand of power bank is best?
Anker is the best brand of power bank. Powercore 20100 is their best model that is compatible with almost every device and comes with power-packed performance. Their power banks are reliable on trips or anywhere, and one can use the quick charge feature for fast charging. They perform better than Apple products, and cost less.
How many mAh is a good power bank?
Any power bank above 10000 mAh is a decent power bank. However, if you are looking for a power supply that can get you going easily for 3-4 days, then a 20000mAh+ will be a good option for you.
What's the best power bank in the world?
MAXOAK 50,000mAh power bank is the best power bank in terms of capacity, performance, quick charging, and compatibility with different devices. With 6 ports, you and your friends/colleagues can all connect their device to this powerhouse for fast charging.
How do I choose a good power bank?
To choose a good power bank, you first need to consider the capacity. See how many mobile devices you want to charge and what is the battery capacity of the mobiles. Also consider the number of ports offered, and portability (size) so that you can carry it around easily if need be. Finally, prefer quick charging, because this actually offers more bang for the buck. Obviously, look for a power bank that falls within your budget.
Which power bank is best for fast charging?
Anker PowerCore II 10,000mAh is best for fast charging. It is an easy-to-carry option and charges your phone quickly (obviously if your phone supports fast charging).To determine whether your phone supports fast charging, and whether it has entered fast charging mode: Check whether "Quick charging" or "Supercharging" is displayed on the lock screen during charging.
Should I drain my power bank before charging?
No, it is not necessary to drain the power bank before charging. However, it is advised to charge your power bank completely before using it for the first time.
Ultimate Power Banks for Unstoppable Performance
In today’s world, keeping your device charged is non-negotiable. From pocket-sized marvels to high-capacity titans, these chargers keep your device powered all day. Choosing the right one that can keep your device charged when there are a lot of options out there is a tough task.
We hope that our list of the Best Powerbanks in 2023 has given you some great options worth considering,
Is there a power bank that you swear by and it’s not on our list? Let us know in the comments below.
More Top Gear
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best earphones for music-lovers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best pens for creatives
- Best phones for designers & creatives
Top Laptops & Computers
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best Chromebooks for designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best computers for video editing
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for video editing
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
📌 Want to save the blog? Pin the image below!