Looking for the best power bank or portable charger for your smartphone, laptop, or device? Look no further!
With the foothold that technology has in our daily lives, making sure that all of your devices, from your smartphone to your drawing tablet stay charged is essential.
Which one do you go with though? There can be so many different options that it can easily be confusing which is why we wanted to share our list of the Best Power Banks in 2023 and advice on how to choose the one that’s right for you.
This post is perfect for those looking for a Wireless Charging Portable Power Bank or Battery Pack for their Laptop, Camera, Tablet, or Smartphone including iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, and any other smart devices.
Top 10 Power Banks for 2023
With all of the options out there when it comes to power banks, we wanted to make sure that the ones we chose fit the needs of a designer or creative that may be on the go.
- Anker PowerCore 20100 power bank — Best overall power bank (Editor’s Choice)
- MAXOAK 50,000mAh Power Bank — The best high capacity power bank
- Belkin 5,000mAh Power Bank — The best slim power bank
- ADDTOP Solar Charger 25,000mAh — The best solar power bank
- Miady — The best fast charging power bank
- LOVELEDI — The best power bank with excellent battery life
- Anker PowerCore II 10,000mAh power bank — The best light-weight travel power bank
- Omni 20 USB-C Portable Power Bank — The best high-end power bank
- INIU 10000mAh Portable Charger — Best portable power bank
- Crave Plus PRO Aluminum Portable Charger with 20000mAh — The best overall value
What is the Best Power Bank in 2023?
Anker PowerCore 20100 power bank is the best power bank in 2023. Have a look at our comparison table below:
Protect your gear from electronic power surges with best surge protector – check out our list of the best surge protectors.
How to Choose a Power Bank?
Like any piece of technology you may use, you can always choose the first one you see, but you’re unlikely to get one that does everything you need it to.
For a power bank, there are a few things that we suggest you look at before you buy.
Measured in milliamp-hour, commonly known as “mAh” is important to consider because it tells you how much power it will use to charge your tech and also how often you may need to charge it. It can be common to see capacities ranging from 2,000mAh to 15,000mAh, some power banks on the market have a capacity of 40,000mAh.
The higher the capacity, the more times use can use it to charge your device. While many people will use a power bank to charge more than one device, knowing how many devices you plan on charging with the device will help you pick a capacity
A power bank is meant to be a device that is easily portable so that when you’re on the go, you can plug your device in, put the device in your bag or pocket and go. If your power bank is larger than your phone, you may want to consider a new one. The physical size of the power bank does not affect the capacity that it comes with.
It is pretty simple, the more ports a power bank has, the more devices it can charge at the same time. Typically though, the number of ports that a bank has will increase the physical size of the device. If you’re looking for one you can put in your pocket, it may only come with one of two ports.
Out of what you should consider, the voltage has to be one of the most important and that’s because of the potential safety risk. You don’t want to buy a power bank that has a voltage higher than the battery of the device you’re charging.
This is because if the power bank has a higher voltage, it can cause your device’s battery to swell and possibly explode. If the voltage is less than the battery, it may not charge the device at all. Always check compatibility.
It always comes down to price as a consideration when you choose what to buy. With power banks ranging from $24 to $199, finding something within your budget shouldn’t be too difficult. Cheaper is not always better and you do get what you pay for, so making sure it has what you need is important.
10 Best Power Banks in 2023
1. Anker PowerCore 20100 Power Bank (Editor’s Choice)
The Best Power Bank Overall
Weight: 354g | Size: 16.6 x 5.8 x 2.2cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Number of ports: 2 | Included cables: Micro USB | Compatible with: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPad,, Samsung S9, Samsung Note 8, 12-inch MacBook 2015
When choosing a power bank, the PowerCore 20100 from Anker has everything you need. With two 2.4 Amp ports, you can easily charge two devices at once. The capacity of 20,100mAh means you can use this multiple times before you need to recharge the bank. If your devices use either PowerIQ or VoltageBoost, it can charge them very quickly and all at a very affordable price.
|➕ High battery capacity||➖ Takes 10 hours to charge|
|➕ Small size|
|➕ LED indicators|
|➕ Solid build|
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 8 almost seven times, the Galaxy S8 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system and high-quality battery cells ensure complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, welcome guide, 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service; USB-C cable (to charge the power bank) and Lightning cable for...
2.MAXOAK 50,000mAh Power Bank
The Best Capacity Power Bank
Weight: 1.26kg | Size: 20.6 x 13.5 x 3.3cm | Battery capacity: 50,000Ah | Included cables: USB Cable | Number of ports: 6 | Compatible with: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S7, S6, S5, S4, S3, Note 4, Note 3, Note 2, Note 7, iPad Air, iPad Air2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, Lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, Surface Pro 3 Surface Pro 4.
If you have a lot of pf devices that you carry around with you, the Power Bank from MAXOAK is exactly what you’re looking for. With six ports, it’s perfect for all of your devices or even for a group of colleagues all in need of a quick charge. With 50,000mAh of capacity, you’re not going to run out of power anytime soon. The only real downside is that it isn’t compatible with a MacBook.
|➕ Huge power capacity||➖ Heavy|
|➕ Tough build||➖ Does not support macBooks|
|➕ Ten laptop adapters provided|
|➕ Six charging ports provided|
- Superior Quality&SAFETY Guaranteed: Conform to UL1642 and UL2056 Standards. Constructed with Lithium-ion Polymer Battery Cells&Built-in 6 Security Protections to Ensure Safety Use and 1000+ Long...
- Long-lasting DC Power Bank for Laptops:Ultra High Capacity 50000mAh(3.7V)/185Wh(130W Max.).Compatible With a Wide Variety of Laptops(Max.130W)- Dell HP Lenovo Surface pro 2/3/4(DC12V) Sony Samsung...
- DC20V/DC12V/USB5V Outputs:All-IN-1 FAST CHARGE Battery Pack.It Features with 1*DC20V/5A for Laptops(18.5V~20.5V), 1*DC12V/2.5A for Cameras,Routers,LED lights, 2*USB 5V/2.1A and 2*USB 5V/1A For Smart...
- Emergency Battery Backup for Outdoors. Size 8.1" x 5.3" x 1.3" And Weight 2.77lb.You Can Easily Put This Portable Charger in Your Briefcase ,Backpack Or the Carrying Bag. Keep your laptops, Phones,...
- WHAT YOU CAN GET: 1 x Laptop power bank(K2),1 x AC Adapter, 1 x DC cable, 14 x DC connector for Laptops, 1 x Multifunction bag, 1 x Manual.
3. Belkin 5,000mAh Power Bank
The best slim power bank
Weight: 130g | Size: 1.79 x 4.02 x 6.28 inches | Battery capacity: 5000mAh | Included cables: None | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 13 Mini, iPhone 12, 11, iPad, and Other USB C, USB A Devices
The Belkin Portable Power Bank 5K charger is a super handy accessory to have on the go. At a reasonable price, this lightweight yet power-packed power bank offers exceptional performance. Weighing just 4.6 ounces, it comes with 2 ports in which you can connect any cable with a USB-A end. The four LEDs at the side of the minimalistic design indicate the battery of the power bank. As it has a fast-charging port, you can quickly charge your mobile device with a compatible cable. All in all, this is a great power bank at an affordable price.
|➕ LCD screen||➖ Expensive considering the limited features|
|➕ Fast charging|
- The Belkin Difference: Pioneer in technology and innovation for over 35 years
- 5,000 mAh power bank provides up to 35 hours of additional battery life for your smartphone
- Charge connected devices via 12W USB-A port; recharge power bank via USB-C port with included USB to USB-C cable
- LED indicator displays charging status
- Protected by 2-year warranty and $2,500 Connected Equipment Warranty
4. ADDTOP Solar Charger 25,000mAh
The best solar power bank
Weight: 538g | Size: 6.1 x 3.35 x 1.37 inches | Battery capacity: 25000 mAh | Included cables: Micro-USB cable | Number of ports: 3 | Compatible with: smart phone and camera
ADDTOP Solar Charger power bank is a smart solution with solar charging capability that requires around 30 hours for a full charge. This powerhouse has 25000mAh of battery life that can charge any normal mobile device approximately 7-8 times. The power bank is fully waterproof and comes with a solid, durable body. It has two USB ports to charge two devices simultaneously.
In addition to fast charging, it comes with a LED flashlight (three modes). The practical design and overall performance make this a pretty good choice for users that travel a lot.
|➕ Durability||➖ Non-resistance to heat|
|➕ Overcharge and short-circuit protection|
- 25000mAh Massive Capacity: The high capacity solar panel charger enables to power up an iPhone 12 for 8 times, or a Samsung S21 for 6 times or a tablet for 3 times after once fully recharged. And it...
- 4 Foldable Solar Panels: With 4 high-performance portable solar panels, the charging speed of battery charger is 4X faster than that of single panel. Besides, the foldable design makes it convenient...
- 2.1A Power Delivery: This solar battery pack with dual 2.1A USB A output ports allows you to charge 2 devices simultaneously, reducing charging time. High power output design enables the portable...
- Outdoor Power Backup: The solar phone charger with bright flashlight in Standard-SOS-Strobe is reliable power resource for emergencies. The solar powered charger is a handy tool for camping, cycling,...
- Portable & Protective Design: The solar portable charger is designed to be lightweight enough to put into any camping or hiking backpack. And the protective structure makes it rugged to defend against...
The best fast charging power bank
Weight: 436.5g | Size: 11.02 x 5.28 x 1.26 inches | Battery capacity: 10,000mAh | Included cables: Micro USB | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: iPhones, Android Phones, Smartphones
If you want a budget-friendly power bank, Miady comes handy with its two 10000mAh battery packs. It has a portable charging capability that lets you charge smartphones and other mobile devices without connecting to a wall outlet.
Each power bank has two USB output ports that can detect all connected devices and distribute current up to 5V 2.4A effectively. The charger is far safer than any Li-ion charger because of the Li-polymer battery pack. Additionally, it is lighter and slimmer so that you can take it around effortlessly.
|➕ Incredibly compact||➖ Can weigh more than a phone|
|➕ Widely compatible|
- 【2023 Upgraded USB-C Output】Two 10000mAh battery packs not only for portable charging but also around the home. Allowing you to charge mobile devices without having to be tethered to a plug...
- 【Dual Output & Input】Each also has 2 USB output ports that detect all the connected devices and efficiently distributes the current output up to 5V 2.4A. The USB C and Micro USB ports can fully...
- 【Reliable Li-polymer Cell】Thanks to the Li-polymer battery pack, the charger is much safer than any Li-ion charger. Also, it's lighter and slimer that you can easily carry it around, even on...
- 【Small & Slim】It feels incredibly compact for a 10000mAh power bank, weighing just 218g and only 14mm thick. Grippy design is easy to hold, easy to toss into a bag and incredibly portable.
- 【What You Get】2 * Miady 10000mAh USB Portable Charger (White & Black); 2 * USB Cable (Lightning cord is not included); 1 * User Manual. We provide 24*7 friendly customer support and also back our...
The best power bank with excellent battery life
Weight: 521.6g | Size: 5.51 x 2.56 x 0.51 inches | Battery capacity: 15,000mAh | Included cables: USB Type C, Micro USB | Number of ports: 2 | Compatible with: Smartphones and all USB devices
When we are looking for a power bank to purchase, battery life is the first thing we would like to know, isn’t it? If that’s the case LOVELEDI is all that you need featuring an ultra-high capacity of 15000 mAh may provide you with a battery life that is exceptional. The ergonomic arc design is comfortable to grasp and easy to use.
The two USB output ports on this portable charger, each rated at 5V 3.1A, allow for simultaneous fast charging of two devices. You can recharge the battery itself in 4-5 hours using the Type-C input and Micro USB input connectors. It has an integrated Intelligent Controlling IC that can recognize and work with any product automatically.
Additionally, switching the appropriate current and voltage to charge the gadget is made possible by this feature. It makes use of a battery module with a safe high-density lithium polymer that is more portable and has a bigger battery capacity, ensuring your safety.
|➕ Ultra-high capacity||➖ Heavy|
|➕ Fast charging|
- Power Bank has 15000 mAh ultra-high capacity can give you an excellent battery life experience. Keep Your phone running all day.Without extra worry about low phone battery.The shell adopts the...
- Portable Charger with 5V 3.1A 2 USB Output ports ,which can fast charge 2 devices at the same time.You can share with your companions to get rid of worries about the remaining battery power of your...
- Portable Chargers are very compact ,they are not only for portable charging but also around the home making it a favorite for travel.You could benefit from these battery packs When you go out.Allowing...
- Power bank bulit-in Intelliegent Controlling IC can automatically identify and is universally compatible with all products, It switches the corresponding current and voltage to charge the device. Also...
- Power bank uses the safe high-density lithium polymer battery module, which is more compact and has a larger battery capacity, It exceeds the traditional Lithium ion battery on safety.The safety of...
7. Anker PowerCore II 10,000mAh Power Bank
The best light-weight travel power bank
Weight: 181g | Size: 9.2 x 6 x 2.2cm | Battery capacity: 10,000Ah | Included cables: 60cm Micro-USB Cable | Number of ports: 1 | Compatible with: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPad; Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10; Samsung S9, Samsung Note 8;
While it doesn’t have the larges battery capacity that some of the other power banks may have, the PowerCore 1 from Anker is a great on-the-go option if your phone needs a quick charge if you’re catching a ride in a taxi or waiting for your interview to begin. No bigger than a pack of cards, the PowerCore II is an easy-to-carry option for those in need of something easy to use.
|➕ Portability||➖ Expensive|
|➕ High capacity|
|➕ Reliable brand|
- [The Anker advantage] Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology
- [PowerIQ 2. 0] our brand-new exclusive technology. Intelligently identifies your device to deliver the fastest possible charge
- [Sleek and compact] Designed with optimal portability in mind. Slips easily in and out of a purse, pocket, or bag
- [Rapid recharge] top up the battery in as little as 4 hours with a quick charge charger
- [What you get] Anker power core II 10000 portable charger, Micro USB cable (USB-C and lightening cables sold separately), travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month and friendly customer...
8. Omni 20 USB-C Portable Power Bank
The best high-end power bank
Weight: 499g | Size: 13 x 3 x 13cm | Battery capacity: 20,100mAh | Included cables: USB-C charging cable | Number of ports: 4 (2 USB & 2 USC) | Compatible with: Latest USB-C MacBook Pros, iPhone 8/X, USB-C phones, laptops
While there are many great options at a cheaper price, for those who have the money, the Portable Power Bank from Omni 20 comes with four ports and can charge your laptop and is also a USB hub. It can be a great office or collaborating option. You can even recharge the device while it is charging your devices. If money is not an issue, this may be the power bank for you.
|➕ High battery capacity||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Clear LCD display||➖ Soft rubber exterior|
|➕ Wireless charge|
- 【Power Hub For All Your Smart Devices】From laptops to cameras, drones, and smartphones, Omnicharge can keep all your devices charged up. Compact and functional.
- 【Extensive Features】All-In-One power solution with high powered AC, USB-C PD for laptops, Wireless charging, QC 3.0 USB-A, Adjustable DC power, pass-through charging and solar charging.
- 【High Powered, Fast Charging】70wh (20000mah) battery capacity. Charge safe and fast with high charging efficiency. 100 watt AC and DC, 60 watt USB-C PD, powers most smart devices including MacBook...
- 【Carry Less, Power More】Carry one cable to charge your laptop using USB-C or DC output while charging your Qi-compatible smartphone wirelessly, leave your bulky chargers at home
- 【Accessories】The Omni 20+ includes a USB charging cable and a USB-C charging cable. NOT INCLUDED: Fast charger and DC cables for DJI Drones, Surface, and other PC laptops sold separately.
9. INIU 10000mAh Portable Charger
The best portable power bank
Weight: 198.447g | Size: 5.2 x 2.7 x 0.5in | Battery capacity: 10000mAh/37Wh | Included cables: In & Out USB C port | Number of ports: 3 | Compatible with: All USB devices
INIU is a popular and trusted brand, and this portable charger is exceptional. The lightweight and compact design with 10000mAh capacity are superb to keep you charged on the go. It offers fast charging (1.4x faster through exclusive UPower+ technology), a flashlight, and 3 USB ports (2 Type-A and 1 Type-C). The power bank works smartly to charge your devices and is completely safe: INIU portable charger can work with not only all the phones and tablets, but your smaller devices like AirPods, Bluetooth headphones, fitness trackers, smart watches, etc.. It also comes with a 3-year guarantee, so you can be sure of its durability. As for the portability, the dimensions are 5.2 x 2.7-inch, making it easier to fit in a pocket or small handbags.
|➕ Lightweight||➖ Slow-charging|
|➕ Sleek design|
|➕ Quality material|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- ✅【From INIU--the SAFE Fast Charge Pro】Experience the safest charging with over 38 million global users. At INIU, we use only the highest-grade materials, so we do have the confidence to provide...
- ✅【Market's Thinnest 10000mAh】 The market’s one and only 0.5-inch power bank that breaks the limit of 10000mAh, easily slipped into any travel lover's pockets or bag. Enjoy the days’ worth of...
- ✅【Future-Proof USB C Input & Output】 Unlike 95% of power banks got a USB C input only, INIU PowerPaw upgraded a bi-directional USB-C, supporting both current In and Out, to perfectly fit your...
- ✅【Faster 3A Charging Saves You 45 Mins】Faster 3A charging enables fueling your iPhone up to 78% in 1 hour, which markedly outpaces 2.1A's charging 42% in the same time. 3A faster speed sets you...
- ✅【Juice Up All from Big to Small】Unlike the market’s most power banks incapable of charging low-current accessories, INIU got effortless power to fuel not only all phones, tablets but your...
10. Crave Plus PRO Aluminum Portable Charger with 20000mAh
Best value power bank
Weight: 457g | Size: 7 x 3.4 x 0.7 in | Battery capacity: 20000mAh | Included cables: USB-C | Number of ports: USB-C (In/Out) with PD, USB-A x2 | Compatible with: Laptops, phones, tablets, portable speakers, USB powered devices
This advanced Crave Plus PRO quick charge power bank ensures you never run out of battery life, even when grinding out work on your MacBook! Compatible with iPhones, iPads, tablets, Samsung and Android devices, and even laptops with USB-C port, you can charge up a wide range of mobile items by keeping this versatile, high-powered charger with you in a backpack, travel bag, briefcase, purse, and more. They also have a slim 10,000 mAh charger and a powerful 50,000 mAH power bank. Also, check out Crave’s Apple Certified Crave Lightning to USB Cable.
|➕ Attractive design||➖ Heavy|
|➕ Multi-port availability||➖ Does not display the battery level correctly|
|➕ Holds the charge for a long time|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Designed for Ultimate Reliability, Longevity & Comfort
- Quick Charge 3.0, Fast Charge, PD Type-C to support All mobile devices including Macbook's & latest Laptops
- Tightly packed Portable Charger delivering most efficient dimensions & power delivery
- Fast Charges with Record Speed using Flat Battery Cell Technology
- Compatible with All Phones, Tablets, Mobile Gadgets & even latest Laptops requiring PD Type-C output
Frequently Asked Questions
What brand of power bank is best?
Anker is the best brand of power bank. Powercore 20100 is their best model that is compatible with almost every device and comes with power-packed performance. Their power banks are reliable on trips or anywhere, and one can use the quick charge feature for fast charging. They perform better than Apple products, and cost less.
How many mAh is a good power bank?
Any power bank above 10000 mAh is a decent power bank. However, if you are looking for a power supply that can get you going easily for 3-4 days, then a 20000mAh+ will be a good option for you.
What's the best power bank in the world?
MAXOAK 50,000mAh power bank is the best power bank in terms of capacity, performance, quick charging, and compatibility with different devices. With 6 ports, you and your friends/colleagues can all connect their device to this powerhouse for fast charging.
How do I choose a good power bank?
To choose a good power bank, you first need to consider the capacity. See how many mobile devices you want to charge and what is the battery capacity of the mobiles. Also consider the number of ports offered, and portability (size) so that you can carry it around easily if need be. Finally, prefer quick charging, because this actually offers more bang for the buck. Obviously, look for a power bank that falls within your budget.
Which power bank is best for fast charging?
Anker PowerCore II 10,000mAh is best for fast charging. It is an easy-to-carry option and charges your phone quickly (obviously if your phone supports fast charging).To determine whether your phone supports fast charging, and whether it has entered fast charging mode: Check whether "Quick charging" or "Supercharging" is displayed on the lock screen during charging.
Should I drain my power bank before charging?
No, it is not necessary to drain the power bank before charging. However, it is advised to charge your power bank completely before using it for the first time.
Best Powerbanks in 2023
When it comes to choosing a power bank to help keep your devices charged, there are a lot of options out there. We hope that our list of the Best Powerbanks in 2023 has given you some great options worth considering,
Is there a power bank that you swear by and it’s not on our list? Let us know in the comments below.
More Top Gear
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best earphones for music-lovers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best pens for creatives
- Best phones for designers & creatives
Top Laptops & Computers
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best Chromebooks for designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best computers for video editing
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for video editing
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
📌 Want to save the blog? Pin the image below!