With advances in camera technology, many of the cameras in smartphones can rival some of the most expensive cameras out there.
When you’re taking pictures or shooting video sometimes holding the camera can make the image or video look unprofessional. A tripod helps set the camera up the way you need in order to take the best footage you can get.
There are a lot of tripod options for smartphones out there but we wanted to take a closer look and see what the Best Smartphone Tripods in 2021 are and help point out the ones that can help you as best as possible.
The Best Smartphone Tripods in 2021
A tripod for your smartphone can make any video or photo you shoot look that much better and we think that with our list below, we have the Best Smartphone Tripod options out there for you in 2021. If you’re interested keep reading below to see our thoughts on each product we selected for our list
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod Kit — The best small & portable tripod (Editor’s Choice)
- Joby GorillaPod Mobile Rig — The best quality multi-purpose tripod
- Fotopro Waterproof Phone Tripod — The best value multi-purpose tripod (and waterproof)
- Manfrotto Compact Light Smart — The best full-size tripod for your phone
- Joby GripTight PRO TelePod — The best telescoping (extendable) mini tripod
- Benro BK10 Mini Tripod and Selfie Stick — The best smartphone tripod & selfie-stick
- CamKix Bluetooth Smartphone Stand — The best budget tripod
Let’s see how to choose the best smartphone tripod for your needs.
What is the best smartphone tripod?
Check our comparison table below to see what is the best smartphone tripod for your needs.
How to Choose The Best Smartphone Tripod
Choosing the best tripod for your smartphone isn’t as hard as some make it seem. There are really just a few things that you need to consider once you start shopping for a tripod.
The tripod that you buy for your smartphone should be able to hold your phone securely without the risk of it falling out or breaking. While a traditional camera tripod will have a mounting point on it, smartphone tripods will have a mechanism that will clamp around your phone. These are usually bundled with the tripod and with the size of smartphones increasing in recent years, manufacturers have adjusted as well, meaning you shouldn’t have a hard time finding a clamp that fits your phone.
A basic smartphone tripod is a relatively affordable piece of hardware for you to own. This doesn’t mean that you cannot find a tripod that might put a strain on your budget. However, these tend to be much more specialized and developed for specific or professional purposes. A basic tripod shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg.
The Best Smartphone Tripods in 2021
1. Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod Kit (Editor’s Choice)
The best smartphone tripod overall
Closed length: 10in | Maximum height: 9.72in | Maximum load: 2.2lbs | Weight: 0.47lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
Manfrotto has established itself within the niche as a manufacturer of quality products at reasonable prices and the same can be said for the PIXI Mini Tripod Kit.
The spring-loaded clamp can easily handle phones up to 3.3in wide and is held securely in place by the clamp’s grippy jaws. With these features, the Manfrotto makes a great smartphone tripod for everyday use.
The clamp attaches to a small ball head on the tripod which makes it easy to tilt your phone up or down while it’s mounted horizontally. When you’re filming on the go, the tripod’s legs fold together to make a great ergonomic handle. This is our top pick for the best smartphone tripod.
|➕ Quite lightweight and portable||➖ The tripod mount could screw on quicker|
|➕ Solid build||➖ Has weight limitations|
|➕ Simple and easy to use|
- Features universal smartphone clamp
- Can be used as a tripod or grip
- Pixi can also be used with huge variety of digital devices thanks to standard 1/4 mount
- Package Weight: 0.32 kilograms
Best multipurpose functional tripod
Closed length: 12.9in | Maximum height: 12.9in | Maximum load: Not stated | Weight: 0.79lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
With a design that looks more like an action figure and less like a tripod, GorillaPod from Joby provides arm-like supports on either side of your phone that can be used to mount compact LED lights or a separate microphone which can help increase the quality of your work.
The extra-flexible legs allow you to bend them to just about any angle you need or even wrap them around objects like railings for even more variety in your shots. Held in place by Joby’s GripTight PRO Phone mount, it uses a single locking knob that allows you to secure your phone and switch between horizontal and vertical positioning effortlessly.
The only downside is that the do-it-all knob can possibly release your phone accidentally when you simply want to rotate it. However, it is still one of the most versatile smartphone tripods out there.
|➕ Affordable||➖ Accessory arms could be longer|
|➕ Small and portable||➖ Can release your phone when rotated|
|➕ Can be used in multiple ways|
- Grip it. Wrap it. Stand it. Patented GorillaPod ball and socket design with rubberized grips provides endless flexibility and quick adjustability
- Secure any smartphone in the pro-grade, locking GripTight mount
- Easily adjust 180-degree tilt and landscape-to-portrait mode as needed for live streaming, vlogging, Snapchat and Instagram stories
- Add up to 3 additional devices like mics, lights and action cameras via 1/4-20 connections
- Includes two 6-socket GorillaPod arms with 1/4-20 connections, plus 2 Cold Shoe mounts and 1 mount for GoPro
Best waterproof tripod for smartphone
Maximum height: 2.95in | Maximum load: 1.76lbs | Weight: .61lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
Up until this point in our list, many of you who like shooting pictures or video in the water have been up in arms about not seeing anything for you on our list. Well, fear not, the Waterproof Phone Tripod from Fotopro is right up your alley. Made with a flexible skeleton that lets you angle your smartphone into just about any position for the perfect shot. The tripod comes w
|➕ Good stability||➖ Only allows landscape orientation|
|➕ Flexible and can be used in unique ways|
- 【Durable and Resistant】Fotopro Flexible tripod made with high-density rubber-coated Robust legs which makes it more sturdy and durable. It can be bent arbitrarily and attached anywhere. (sloping...
- 【Waterproof & Flexible 】The strong flexible legs can easily wrap around bicycle, around a pole, or even hung on a three limb. It can even be used as a desktop camera stand or video tripod for...
- 【360° Swivel Head】 The smartphone tripod with ball head ensures a 360 ° shooting perspective allowing you to capture the perfect shot. You can simply take horizontal or Vertical Photos by...
- 【Light & Portable】 the desk tripod stand weighs only 10 oz and 11 inches tall, max Loading 1.8 pounds. It is easy to storage and travel comfort. The adjustable phone mount grasps to your phone or...
- 【High Compatibility】: The phone tripod with 1/4'' Screw is fully compatible with DSLR Cam GoPro action Cam DSLR machines Nikon Canon G7 Fujifilm Sony RX Panasonic Nikon D610, all GoPro 6/5/4 hero/...
The best full-size tripod for your phone
Closed length: 15in | Maximum height: 51.5in | Maximum load: 3.3lbs | Weight: 1.85lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
The problem with many tripods for your smartphone is that the support that they offer can be compromised because of the small stature that they have. This isn’t the case with the Compact Light Smart tripod from Manfrotto.
A full-size tripod with a smartphone clamp holder guarantees that you can take pictures at the tripod’s full height of just over four feet without the worry of stability is an issue. As a full-size tripod, it’s is definitely not the most compact option but it is lightweight at only 1.85lbs.
The basic ball head allows your phone to rotate 90-degrees for all of your portrait and landscape shots. While the price may be high for some, the quality more than makes up for it.
|➕ Good stability||➖ Limited in features|
|➕ Lightweight and compact||➖ A bit small|
|➕ Comes with a protective bag|
- Extremely Compact, ideal for travelling
- Ball head with one knob to lock all adjustments
- Quick and easy camera connection with wheel attachment
- Ideal for your smartphone or Compact camera
- Material:Aluminium, Technopolymer
The best telescoping (extendable) mini tripod for phones
Closed length: 13.3in | Maximum height: 31in | Maximum load: 2.2lbs | Weight: 0.90lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
Mini tripods can be a great option if you’re not looking to lug something big around with you. However, the problem with mini tripods is that you have to put them on a table if you’re in need of some extra height. Thankfully, the TelePod from Joby doesn’t have that problem as it extends up to 31 inches in height. While having a mini tripod that can extend that much to offer you higher viewpoints, the three legs of the tripod are still pretty short meaning that it’s not the most stable support for your phone when its balancing high up.
|➕ Easily portable and compact||➖ Could be more stable for phones balancing high up|
|➕ Great flexibility and has multiple positions|
- Item includes: Joby GripTight PRO TelePod - Bluetooth Impulse Remote Shutter - Metal Cold Shoe PRO Mount - Pin Joint Mount - Long Thumbscrew - GoPro Adapter - Joby 1 Year Warranty
- Compatibility: Smartphone, Mirrorless, Point & Shoot, 360, Action Cameras, GripTight Phone/Tablet Mount or Video light
- Capacity: Up to 2.2 lbs (1.00kg)
- Telescoping: Extends from 13.5 to 31 inches (34 to 79 centimeters)
- Dimensions: 2.75 x 2.75 x 13.39" (6.99 x 6.99 x 34.01 cm)
Best combination smartphone tripod (selfie-stick & tripod)
Closed length: 7.7in | Maximum height: 35.8in | Maximum load: 2.2lbs | Weight: 0.66lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
If you like the functionality that the Telepod from Joby offers but really don’t like the cost that is associated with it, you should look at the BK10 from Benro. It has the same feature as the one from Joby but at a fraction of its price.
With the column completely outstretched, the height of your phone can reach just under three feet. While this is impressive, with the tripod’s short legs, it can get a bit worrisome about your phone tipping over.
The only real negative for the BK10 is the clamp, which is pretty basic. It holds reasonably well enough and even though you cannot rotate from horizontal to vertical, the tripod’s compact ball head will let you do this. All this plus a Bluetooth trigger for remote camera control make this a pretty amazing deal.
|➕ Easy to use||➖ A bit small|
|➕ Lightweight and easily portable||➖ The Bluetooth button can be unreliable at times|
|➕ Comes with Bluetooth trigger|
|➕ Reasonably sturdy build|
- This versatile smart mini tripod folds down to 7.7 in (19.5 cm) and becomes a selfie stick with adapters for smartphone and Go Pro cameras.
- Bluetooth wireless remote control.
- Extending selfie stick up to 33.8 in (86cm).
- Ballhead for precise camera/phone position.
- Compatible with GoPro Cameras and smartphones 48-100mm.
The best budget tripod for smartphones
Maximum height: 11.2in | Maximum load: Unknown | Weight: .61lbs | Phone holder included: Yes
With its wide holster size, the CamKix Bluetooth Smartphone Stand can fit larger smartphones and even some smaller tablets. This lets you use the front-facing camera when you’re vlogging or even answering video calls through Skype. While the tripod is designed to be used indoors, collapsing the tripod provides you with a well-built camera handle for shooting on the go.
|➕ Well-built||➖ The tightening mechanism for the phone holder is a bit awkward|
|➕ Comes with a Bluetooth shutter remote that syncs well|
|➕ Good price|
- SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE: Perfect for taking selfies, group shots (including the photographer) and steady tripod shots wirelessly from a distance of up to 30 feet (10 m). You only need to pair the remote...
- PREMIUM TRIPOD: Compact High Quality Tripod equipped with Non Skid Rubber Feet for extra solid grip, even in a tilted position. The Tripod can also be used as a Hand Grip.
- COMPACT REMOTE CONTROL: The remote is very small and lightweight, so it is convenient to carry with you on a keychain or in your pocket. Use it to capture amazing images when YOU are ready. There's no...
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS: This Universal Bluetooth Remote Control will work with iOS (6.0 and up) and Android (4.2.2 and up) phones and tablets of any brand, including Acer, Apple...
- UNIVERSAL PHONE HOLDER: The Phone Holder can hold phones with a width between 2.95" and 3.93".
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best smartphone tripod right now?
Which tripod is the most affordable for your smartphone?
What is the most flexible phone tripod?
What is the best mini tripod?
What are some good tripods which come with a remote?
The CamKix Bluetooth Smartphone Stand is a tripod that comes with a Bluetooth remote.
What are some of the best Bluetooth tripods?
What are the best tripods for iPhones?
What are the most portable tripods?
What are good tripods for video calls and streaming?
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best chromebooks for designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
Top Gear for Video Editing
- Best monitors for editing video
- Best laptops for video editing
- Best computers for video editing
- Best external hard drives
More Top Gear for Designers
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best earphones for music-lovers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best pens for creatives
- Best phones for designers & creatives
Best Smartphone Tripods in 2021
Using a tripod when shooting either photos or video with your smartphone can add a new level of perspective to your work. Finding the right tripod though should not be something you rush into. Hopefully, our list of the Best Smartphone Tripods in 2021 can give you some options for your next tripod purchase.
Do you have a smartphone tripod that you love and it’s not on our list? Let us know in the comments below.