Adobe Photoshop is a powerful software used by web and graphic designers for everything from editing photos to creating digital art.
Whatever your personal or professional needs, having the best tablet for Photoshop is essential. While there are plenty of capable tablets, some devices perform better than others for Photoshop.
We’ve done our homework and rounded up the best tablets for Photoshop available right now in this article. Read on to find out more about our top picks.
10+ Best Tablets for Photoshop in 2023
- Apple iPad Pro — The best tablet for Photoshop in 2023 overall (Editor’s choice)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite — The best budget tablet for Photoshop on a budget
- Apple iPad Mini — The best value tablet for Photoshop
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ — The best Android tablet for Photoshop
- Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16 — The best professional tablet for Photoshop
- Microsoft Surface Pro 8 — The best 2-in-1 tablet for Photoshop
- Apple iPad Air — The best compact tablet for Photoshop
- CHUWI UBook X — The best beginner tablet for Photoshop for beginners
- Microsoft Surface Go 3 — The best Windows tablet for Photoshop
- Wacom Cintiq 16 — The best tablet for Photoshop with a screen
What is the Best Tablet for Photoshop in 2023?
The Apple iPad Pro is our pick for the best tablet for Photoshop in 2023 based on performance, value and our first hand experience.
Adobe Photoshop Discount – Get 65% Off
Before we dive into the list of the best tablets for photoshop, we should let you know that you can get 65% off Adobe by following our Adobe Creative Cloud discount guide or jump straight to how to get an Adobe student discount. See the full Adobe programs list here.
10+ Best Tablets for Photoshop in 2023
1. Apple iPad Pro (Editor’s Choice)
The best tablet for Photoshop in 2023 overall (Editor’s choice)
Display: 12.9-inch Full HD Liquid Retina XDR display with 120Hz refresh rate | Processor: Apple M1 | Cameras: 12MP+10MP (ultrawide)+TOF 3D LiDAR scanner (rear), 12MP (front) | RAM: 8GB/16GB | Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB/2TB | Dimensions: 11.04 x 8.46 x 0.25 inches | Weight: 2.65 pounds
The Apple iPad Pro is our choice for the best tablet for Photoshop. It has one of the best displays you will find on any tablet — a 12.9-inch Full HD Liquid Retina XDR screen with advanced technologies such as a 120Hz refresh rate, True Tone, and P3 wide color. Everything looks great whether it is Photoshop, playing games, or watching movies.
The iPad Pro comes with the same M1 chip as the MacBook Air, which gives it desktop-class performance. Its powerful specs can replace your laptop, making it ideal for handling heavy-duty tasks such as photo editing. The device also has a 12MP wide and 10MP ultra-wide camera and a TOF 3D LiDAR scanner, so you can take excellent photos and record professional-quality 4K videos on your tablet.
This tablet is compatible with Apple Pencil for multi-touch interaction when editing photos in Photoshop or drawing designs from scratch. It has pixel-perfect precision, tilt and pressure sensitivity, and imperceptible lag for a pen-on-paper feel and effortless experience. Plus, it attaches magnetically to the side of your iPad and automatically pairs and charges on the go, so you never have to worry about battery life.
The Apple iPad Pro is simply the best tablet you can buy. Whether it is performance, battery life, the cameras, or the stylus, it sets the benchmark for every other tablet in the market.
|➕Excellent cameras||➖Apple Pencil is not included with the device|
|➕Beautiful Liquid Retina XDR display with a 120Hz refresh rate|
|➕Long lasting battery life|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- 5G for superfast downloads and high-quality streaming
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
The best tablet for Photoshop on a budget
Display: 10.4-inch Full HD LCD | Processor: Exynos 9611 | Cameras: 8MP (rear), 5MP (front) | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 64GB/128GB | Dimensions: 9.63 x 6.07 x 0.28 inches | Weight: 1.03 pounds
When it comes to a tablet for Photoshop, there’s no shortage of options. But all the shiny new models come with big price tags. Thankfully, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is one of the best options because it doesn’t compromise on any important features and functions, yet it’s still affordable.
The S6 Lite is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget tool for photo editing and drawing. An Exynos 9611 processor offers more than enough power to handle anything you throw at it, thanks to its excellent battery life. It has an elegant metal unibody design and a gorgeous 10.4-inch screen that supports HDR output.
It also features Samsung’s Knox security platform to keep your files safe. It comes with an S Pen, which is compatible with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Sketch app support. You can edit your photos on the go and can also use it to draw digital sketches or designs if you’re into art. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is hard to beat for what it offers at its price tag.
|➕Bang for the buck||➖Slightly sluggish|
|➕S Pen stylus included is good for editing, note-taking, and art|
|➕Knox security platform|
|➕Great battery life|
|➕Sturdy build quality|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- S PEN INCLUDED: The included S Pen makes it easier than ever to write notes and personalize photos and videos, all without needing to charge. The S Pen attaches magnetically right to your tablet and...
- SLIM METAL DESIGN: Take this sleek, lightweight tablet anywhere. Its slim design slips right into your bag and comes in your choice of stylish colors.
- ENTERTAINMENT READY: A vivid, crystal clear display draws you into content while dual speakers with sound by AKG supply spacious Dolby Atmos surround sound. With discovery powered by Spotify, setting...
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY: A long-lasting battery lets you stream for up to 12 hours¹ on a single charge. The fast-charging USB-C port allows you to quickly get back to where you left off when you need to...
- ONE UI CONNECTIVITY: Sync up multiple devices and double down on your todos with Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. Use it as a hotspot and create share-ready content all at once.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 2022 Review: A Faster Sequel
Want to know more about this impressive tablet? Check out this Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite review video:
Video Credit: Android Digest / YouTube
3. Apple iPad Mini
The best value for money tablet for Photoshop
Display: 8.3-inch Full HD Liquid Retina IPS LCD | Processor: Apple A15 | Cameras: 12MP (rear), 12MP (front) | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 64GB/256GB | Dimensions: 7.69 x 5.31 x 0.25 inches | Weight: 1.3 pounds
When it comes to the best value for money, the Apple iPad Mini easily takes home the win. Despite its compact size, it packs some impressive specs, an 8.3-inch Full HD Liquid Retina IPS LCD display, and an Apple A15 processor that’s more than capable of running Photoshop without any issues.
The cameras are excellent, too — you can get some outstanding shots and edit them in Photoshop on the same device. Additionally, it is compatible with the Apple Pencil, which is great if you enjoy drawing on your device using Photoshop. This tablet is also very lightweight and portable, ideal for photographers and artists who travel and want something light and easy to carry around.
If you’re looking for a compact tablet for Photoshop, this is one of your best options. It weighs only 1.3 lbs, so it’s perfect for taking with you wherever you go — plus, it has all-day battery life. These features make the Apple iPad Mini one of our top recommendations for anyone who wants an affordable alternative to more expensive options without sacrificing quality and performance.
|➕Flagship cameras||➖The smaller display might not be ideal for most creatives|
|➕Value for money|
|➕Compatible with Apple Pencil|
|➕Lightweight and portable|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone and wide color
- A15 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Touch ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- 12MP Wide back camera, 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- Available in purple, starlight, pink, and space gray
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+
The best Android tablet for Photoshop
Display: 12.4-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate | Processor: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 | Cameras: 13MP+6MP (ultrawide), 12MP (front) | RAM: 8GB/12GB | Storage: 128GB/256GB | Dimensions: 11.22 x 7.28 x 0.22 inches | Weight: 1.25 pounds
If you’re an Android user, then the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ is the best choice for a tablet running Android for Photoshop. It comes with an S Pen stylus, making it great for photo editing and art. Able to charge itself in the device along with an impressive pressure sensitivity range, low latency, and good response time. In other words, it feels much closer to using a real pen than most tablets will ever get.
The screen is an 11-inch Super AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. This makes for smooth scrolling through menus in Photoshop and drawing sharp lines or adding fine details to designs. It is Full HD resolution and gives you plenty of space to work on designs.
Being compatible with Samsung’s DeX system means you can integrate it with a keyboard, mouse, and monitor to get more of a desktop experience. You can even get one that supports 5G, so you can connect to the internet on the go without worrying about connectivity issues.
If you have the money to spend and are looking for what’s probably the best Adobe Photoshop experience on Android, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ is worth checking out.
|➕Bright and vivid Super AMOLED display||➖No charger in the box|
|➕120Hz refresh rate|
|➕Includes an S Pen|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- FASTEST WI-FI: Work and play with the blazing fast speed of Wi-Fi 6E -- 3x faster than the previous generation of Wi-Fi
- LARGE DISPLAY, INCREDIBLE VISUALS: Get more enjoyment out of every moment with a big 12.4 inch sAMOLED screen and high resolution that dazzles with unbelievable brilliance, crispness, and color
- ULTRA WIDE CAMERA: Record super clear video in 4K and great photos with an ultra-wide front camera with auto framing; With Galaxy S8 plus, your photography skills will shine regardless of your...
- S PEN: Inspire your imagination with our fastest S Pen yet, an S Pen that is more responsive than ever, feels even more like a real pen, and it’s included with tablet purchase
- DeX MULTITASKING: Do more on the go with enhanced productivity capabilities, like Samsung DeX and Microsoft 365 integration, that give you a PC experience, wherever you happen to be
5. Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16
The best tablet for Photoshop for creative professionals
Display: 15.6-inch 4K | Processor: 8th generation Intel Core i7 | Cameras: 8MP (rear), 2MP (front) | RAM: 8GB/16GB | Storage: 256GB/512GB | Dimensions: 16.5 x 10.3 x 0.75 inches | Weight: 4.85 pound
One of the best ways to use Photoshop is by utilizing a dedicated drawing tablet. The Wacom MobileStudioPro 16 is a powerhouse and our pick for the best tablet for Photoshop for creative professionals. It has a powerful 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB of RAM, giving you plenty of processing power for creative tasks.
The large 15.6-inch 4K display with 82% Adobe RGB means you can get into as much detail as possible and make precise adjustments while editing photos or videos. The Wacom MobileStudioPro 16 has 1TB internal storage and an option to increase your RAM up to 32GB if you need more power. You can also upgrade the internal storage to 2TB if you need more space for your projects.
This tablet is compatible with the Wacom Pro Pen 2 bundled with the device, which provides excellent control with 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity. It lets you add in fine details easily with minimal effort.
The Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16 will help you bring out your full potential if you are an artist or an editor. It is designed especially for creative professionals, and as a bonus, it comes with a three-month trial to Sculptron and six month trial of Adobe Fresco if you live in the Americas.
|➕Incredible 4K display||➖Expensive|
|➕Capable of running full-version of desktop software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc||➖Slightly dim display|
|➕Top of the line stylus||➖Disappointing battery life|
|➕Includes a free trial of Sculptron and Adobe Fresco|
|➕Upgradeable RAM and SSD|
|➕Great palm rejection|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Our most powerful device yet with enhanced computing power, fast data processing & quick data transfer, powered by Intel i7- 8559U processor, 16GB system memory, 512GB SSD, & Thunderbolt 3...
- See your artwork in amazing detail and clarity with high-resolution 15.6” 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) screen with up to 85% Adobe RGB coverage (CIE1931) and included 3-angle adjustable Wacom Stand
- Enjoy fast-processing and high performance in 2D, 3D, video and CAD applications with graphics options including the powerful NVIDIA Quadro P1000 graphic card
- Extraordinary precision with the Wacom Pro Pen 2 and 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt response & lag free tracking – pen computer includes customizable ExpressKeys & multi-touch surface
- Comes with 16GB system memory and 512 GD SSD. With upgradable memory and hard drive, this all-in-one studio provides a future-proof creative workspace
6. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
The best 2-in-1 tablet for Photoshop
Display: 12.3-inch Full HD display with up to 120Hz refresh rate | Processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i5/i7 | Cameras: 10MP (rear), 5MP (front) | RAM: 8GB/16GB/32GB | Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB | Dimensions: 11.3 x 8.2 x 0.37 inches | Weight: 1.96 lbs
The latest flagship from Microsoft is the most powerful Windows tablet for Photoshop, with a variety of configurations to fit any budget. It is a hybrid device with a detachable keyboard and a kickstand that adjusts nearly 180 degrees. You can effortlessly use Photoshop on the device as a tablet, laptop, or digital canvas — whichever mode suits you the best.
The Surface Pro 8 is available with the latest 11th generation Intel Core processors that can match the performance of many desktops. It makes using Photoshop substantially faster and more pleasant. You’ll be able to run more programs without slowing down your computer; this lets you do things like running a web browser and listening to music while working on Photoshop files in the background.
The Surface Pro 8 runs on Windows 11, compatible with thousands of existing programs. This gives you access to other useful photo editing tools like Lightroom and games, email clients, and business productivity suites — all that you could ask for in a tablet for work.
The 13” PixelSense display with up to 120Hz refresh rate, plus Adaptive Color, is excellent, delivering highly detailed and color-accurate visuals, making it perfect for working on Photoshop. Finally, the device is compatible with Microsoft Slim Pen 2, which allows for highly accurate editing, drawing, and painting in Photoshop and other apps. It’s especially great for fine details like eyes when retouching portraits.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 8 is a fantastic all-rounder if you want a versatile device that is just as capable of running Photoshop as it is while using other apps. If you are looking for a daily driver or something portable that will give your productivity a boost, it is an easy recommendation.
|➕Tablet and laptop functionality||➖Slim Pen 2 and Signature keyboard are sold separately|
|➕11th generation Intel Core processors|
|➕Two Thunderbolt 4 ports|
|➕All-day battery life and fast charging|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable Keyboard.
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be...
- The first Surface Pro built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC.
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2 and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard.
- Type in comfort. Sleek and compact, Surface Signature Keyboard performs like a traditional laptop keyboard complete with a full function row and backlit keys.
7. Apple iPad Air 2022
The best compact tablet for Photoshop
Display: 10.9-inch Full HD Liquid Retina IPS LCD | Processor: Apple M1 | Cameras: 12MP (rear), 12MP (front) | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 64GB/256GB | Dimensions: 9.75 x 7.03 x 0.24 inches | Weight: 1.02 pounds
The Apple iPad Mini 2022 is a compact tablet that can be a great fit for artists, designers, and students who travel frequently and only have a small space or prefer holding devices with one hand. It packs in plenty of cutting-edge performance features like the Pro model in one of the thinnest and lightest chassis on the market.
It has a 10.9-inch small screen and is lightweight and portable to fit in any backpack or purse. The iPad Air 2022 comes standard with Apple’s M1 system-on-a-chip, which features an 8-core CPU and a 7-core GPU — this makes it well suited for editing photos in Photoshop or creating art on the go.
The iPad Air also has Touch ID fingerprint identification technology and support for Apple Pencil. It is compatible with Apple’s new Magic Keyboard with a trackpad. While the 2022 Apple iPad Air might seem expensive, it presents even better value than the flagship iPad Pro. It is worth every penny for someone seeking a compact, all-in-one tablet that will do wonders for personal and professional use.
|➕Ultra-slim and lightweight||➖Apple Pencil is sold separately|
|➕Powerful M1 chip|
|➕Easy to use with one hand|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone, P3 wide color, and an antireflective coating
- Apple M1 chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera
- 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- Up to 256GB of storage
8. CHUWI UBook X
The best tablet for Photoshop for beginners
Display: 12-inch 2K IPS LCD | Processor: Intel Celeron N4100 Gemini Lake | Cameras: 5MP (rear), 2MP (front) | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 256GB | Dimensions: 16.1 x 12.83 x 3.62 inches | Weight: 1.72 pounds
The Chuwi UBook X is a mid-range laptop that delivers in all areas. For the price, it offers a great value with its Intel Celeron Gemini Lake quad-core processor and 8GB RAM. It has enough horsepower to run most Windows 10 games and creative apps, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
However, the display is where the UBook X shines. It is a 12-inch IPS LCD unit with 2K resolution and a 3:2 aspect ratio, ensuring that everything on the screen looks at its very best. It also has an in-built aluminum kickstand which allows you to use it comfortably at around 175 degrees, perfect for artists who love drawing or writing on their tablets.
The Chuwi UBook X comes bundled with a HiPen H6 stylus that supports 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity and a magnetic keyboard, which is everything you need to start as a beginner, rounding up an excellent yet affordable package.
|➕Fantastic value for money||➖Underwhelming processor|
|➕Stunning 2K display|
|➕Plenty of in-built RAM and storage|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 【Fuel Your Ideas by Next-Gen Processor】Intel Gemini Lake n4120 processor, 4 cores and 4 threads, 1.1-2.6ghz, integrated UHD 600 graphic card. Compared with the previous generation n3350 processor,...
- 【Bundled with HiPen H6 and Keyboard】The pen supports 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity. Magnetic keyboard and UBook X's kickstand will help you find your comfortable visual angles(0-145°), help...
- 【2K Resolution with 3 : 2 Aspect Ratios】2160x1440 resolution makes anything clearly and compared to other 16:9 display, more contents will be showed on the 12 inch large screen because of the 3:2...
- 【Running Smoothly and Large Storage】8gb ddr4 ram and 256gb will help you storage those important files at ease. Including tons of the songs, movies, e-books. Rapidly software running, smoothly...
- 【Design for Portable and All-in-One】Ultra slim and light, just 1.72lbs and 0.27" thin. All-day battery life up to 5 hours. Build-in 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB Type-A, 1 x Micro HD1.4, 1 x .5 mm...
9. Microsoft Surface Go 3
The best Windows tablet on a budget for Photoshop
Display: 10.5 inches Full HD | Processor: Intel Pentium Gold 6500Y/Intel Core i3 10th gen processor | Cameras: 8MP (rear), 5MP (front) | RAM: 4GB/8GB | Storage: 64GB eMMC/128GB SSD | Dimensions: 7.98 x 10.82 x 1.89 inches | Weight: 1.18 lbs
The third generation of the Surface Go, a small yet powerful tablet created by Microsoft, is an ideal option if you’re looking for a versatile device on a budget. It can be used both as a tablet and as a laptop. It runs on Windows 11 and features up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of SSD storage space. It has a 10.5-inch display with Full HD resolution — so it is capable of handling basic Photoshop tasks.
Like the Surface Pro, this tablet comes with a kickstand that makes it easy to prop it up at a good angle for drawing. You can also use it with the Surface Pen. Overall, if you’re looking for a Windows tablet on a budget that works well for Photoshop, this is one of your best options.
|➕Compact||➖Surface Pen is sold separately|
|➕Versatile||➖The base model can only handle basic Photoshop tasks|
|➕Windows 11 operating system|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The most portable Surface touchscreen 2-in-1. Perfect for your everyday tasks, homework, and play.
- Go-anywhere tablet with laptop productivity for the whole family. Starting at just 1.2 pounds,(4) with high-res 10.5” 220ppi touchscreen, adjustable Kickstand, Surface Pen, and Type Cover.
- All-day battery life. Get up to 11 hours (1) of on-the-go power, plus Fast Charging to take you from low to full when you do need to plug in.
- The new, more intuitive Windows. Work, play, and create in the way most natural to you with Windows 11.
- Plug in the accessories you use today with included USB-C port, headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, and MicroSDXC Card Reader.
10. Wacom Cintiq 16
The best drawing tablet with a screen for Photoshop
Display: 15.6-inch Full HD IPS | Connectivity: USB-C, HDMI | Compatibility: Windows, Mac | Dimensions: 16.6 x 11.2 x 0.4 inches | Weight: 4.19 pounds
If you’re looking for a tablet that can help your professional or personal workflow while being affordable and versatile, then Wacom Cintiq 16 is the way to go. This tablet is particularly great for graphic designers and editors who do most of their work on a computer. It helps to bring your designs off the screen and onto your workspace to see them with better details as you draw over them.
The screen is Full HD and comes with an anti-glare surface to prevent internal reflections from interfering with your attempts at creativity. Your drawing will look crisp and clean whenever you’re working on your art. You’ll also enjoy the 178° viewing angle and 72% NTSC, which ensures the colors are always vibrant.
This device includes Wacom Pro Pen 2, which has 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity. There will never be any lag issues when switching between various brush sizes and adjusting line thicknesses during hand lettering projects in Photoshop. The low activation force gives users a responsive experience each time they use the pen to keep their workflow from slowing down.
|➕Excellent 15.6-inch Full HD display||➖No multi-touch support|
|➕Includes a Wacom Pro Pen 2 that charges off the screen and has one of the highest pressure sensitivity levels of any stylus||➖Needs to be connected to a computer|
|➕Easy to use|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- New Class of Creative Pen Display: Optimized feature set for creative starters provides HD clarity and ergonomic design that allows you to take your creative ideas and illustrations to the next level
- Super Responsive: Wacom Pro Pen 2 features 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt response and virtually lag-free tracking. Two customizable switches allow for easy access to shortcuts
- Industry-leading Color Displays: Our Cintiq displays have LCD display with HD resolution and showcase uniform brightness, high resolution and true to life color quality
- Control at Your Fingertips: The relaxed parralax gives you full control and combined with the super responsive Wacom Pro Pen 2, makes creating feel as natural as drawing on paper
- Wacom is the Global Leader in Drawing Tablet and Displays: For over 40 years in pen display and tablet market, you can trust that Wacom to help you bring your vision, ideas and creativity to life
How to Choose the Best Tablet for Photoshop
When it comes to tablets, the term “Best” is a relative one. You’ll want to consider your specific needs before making a purchase decision. Do you need something easy to use right out of the box? A device with a stylus? Would you like something powerful enough for most jobs without breaking the bank? And what about ergonomics and portability?
There are plenty of technical aspects to consider before buying a tablet for Photoshop. These are a few of them:
This is the first factor to consider when choosing a tablet for Photoshop. The larger the screen size, the bigger your canvas will be and the more comfortable it will be to work on. An 11-inch or larger tablet is recommended as standard. It allows you to use multiple panels in Photoshop without needing to scroll too much or zoom in and out.
Smaller tablets are only suitable for occasional users who want to do minor retouching on photos or paintings from time to time. So, if you’re serious about using Photoshop for professional purposes, you should look for a tablet with at least 11 inches of screen real estate.
The display’s resolution is also important, and the general rule of thumb is that higher resolution means better picture quality and clarity on your tablet screen. For digital artists working with Photoshop, this can be extremely important as it helps them see every detail in their works clearly to adjust them accordingly.
As a result, most digital artists prefer tablets with high-resolution screens such as 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD) or even 2560 x 1440 pixels (2K). If you want to go all out, there are also 4K UHD tablets available. Still, most won’t find it necessary unless they plan on using the device primarily for other reasons, such as streaming movies instead of just photo editing with Photoshop.
Refresh rate is another optional aspect to consider if you want a more immersive and responsive experience. It refers to the number of times the tablet’s screen refreshes to show new information per second, measured in Hertz (Hz). Most tablets come with a 60Hz refresh rate by default, but many high-end devices offer a 120Hz refresh rate.
Photoshop is a great program, but it’s also not a lightweight application that your tablet can carry around easily. To use Photoshop properly, you will need a tablet with some powerful processing power and lots of RAM. The reason for this is that the more complex your photo editing projects get, the slower and less responsive Photoshop will become.
A more powerful processor will enable you to run multiple applications simultaneously without glitches or lags in speed. We recommend getting a tablet with at least four cores for the best performance.
RAM determines how fast your tablet works by storing some parts of programs that need processing from time to time instead of having them reloaded each time. If there’s not enough free space on your device, everything will load slower, affecting how quickly things load up when starting up programs like Photoshop.
3GB of RAM is the minimum if you want to run Photoshop, but we recommend at least 4GB or higher to run all your programs with minimum lag and delays.
At least 64GB is recommended to save images and run the app smoothly, especially since larger files take up space quickly — but if you plan to use your tablet primarily for photo editing, 128GB or more would be a better choice. Most tablets have the option of expandable storage via microSD cards, so you can always add more storage space to your device.
Some tablets come with styluses that allow artists or designers to draw on the tablet itself without needing a mouse or keyboard; others do not have this feature built into their design and require an external stylus accessory. This is especially important for artists and designers that need more precision and accuracy while using Photoshop than a touchscreen.
The operating system will affect what kind of apps, software programs, and other features you can use on your device. Android and iOS are two of the most popular operating systems for tablets today. You can easily download the Photoshop app from the Google Play Store or Apple App store on devices running these operating systems.
There is also the choice of Windows OS, which professionals mostly prefer as they can download their favorite desktop apps and games with the same desktop experience.
Most tablets come with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. But, if you’re interested in using your tablet on long flights or don’t have access to free Wi-Fi, consider getting a tablet with SIM functionality so you can connect to the internet via cellular data.
If you buy a graphic tablet, it will come with a stylus and a drawing surface, but you will have to connect it to a desktop or a laptop to use it. Full-fledged graphic tablets with hardware and software also exist if you prefer a standalone device.
If you plan to utilize your tablet for daily use, a good camera will come in handy. A rear camera with at least 8MP and a front camera with at least 5MP will be enough for your photography and video conferencing needs.
- Best tablets for graphic design
- Best tablets for photo & video editing
- Best tablets
- Best Windows tablets
- Best tablet keyboards
- Best Tablets with Keyboard
- Best Tablets with Stylus Pen
10+ Best Tablets for Photoshop in 2023 Summary
The final piece of the puzzle is figuring out which tablet will fit your needs the best. There are endless options, and there is a tablet for just about everyone. We hope that our selections in this article help you find the device you are looking for to take your Photoshop game to the next level.
Which type of tablet do you prefer? A standalone tablet or drawing tablet? Let us know in the comments below!