The best touch screen monitors for graphic design & illustration offer an immersive experience for daily computing work and your regular graphic design as well. You can tap, swipe and pinch-to-zoom like you do on your mobile phones and tablets.
Using a touchscreen monitor, you can smoothly operate your desktop PC without your keyboard or mouse. It makes work easier, faster, and super fun. Previously, touchscreen technology was limited to laptops.
But now, there are certain awesome touchscreen monitors with sleek designs to give your desktop PC an amazing boost or to connect to other devices such as gaming consoles or tablets for a bigger screen experience.
With the wide range of touchscreen monitors available, it can be challenging to choose the best one. As new models enter the market, which is the right touchscreen monitor for you in 2021?
We are here to help you select the best touchscreen monitor for your usage and requirements.
So, with all that in mind, let’s kick off the journey to find the best touchscreen monitor for you.
10 Best Touch Screen Monitors for Graphic Designers & Illustrators
If you’re a graphic designer, illustrator, photographer or any creative workaholic, these top touch screen monitors will be sure to help elevate your work.
- ASUS ZenScreen 15.6-inch Portable Touch Screen Monitor — Best value touchscreen monitor (Editor’s Choice) – 15.6″
- Philips 242B9T monitor — Best touchscreen monitor overall (Editor’s Choice) – 24″
- ViewSonic TD2455 — Best touchscreen monitor for graphic design – 23.8″
- EVICIV Portable 7-inch Touch Screen Monitor — Best budget touchscreen monitor – 7″
- VIOTEK LinQ 16-inch Touch Screen Monitor — Best touchscreen monitor for editing – 15.6″
- LG UltraWide 49WL95C — Largest portable touchscreen monitor – 49″
- HP EliteDisplay E230t — Most elegant touchscreen monitor – 23″
- Asus VT229H — Sleekest touchscreen monitor – 21.5″
- Espresso Displays — Best Touchscreen monitor for Mac – 13″
- Uperfect 4K Portable Monitor Touchscreen — Best touchscreen 4K monitor – 15.6″
You may also be interested in our best portable monitors post.
What is the best touch screen monitor for graphic design?
Philips 242B9T monitor is the best touch screen monitor on our list. Check out the table to see a comparison of all the best touchscreen monitors and choose what is right for you.
Protect your gear from electronic power surges with best surge protector – check out our list of the best surge protectors.
Top 3 Best Selling Touchscreen Monitors
These are the three most popular touchscreen monitors on Amazon right now:
Best 10 Touchscreen Monitors for Graphic Design & Illustration
1. ASUS ZenScreen 15.6-inch Touch Screen Monitor (Editor’s Choice)
The best value touch screen monitor & lightest
Size: 15.6 Inches | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Display Technology: LCD | Connectivity Technology: USB Type C, USB, HDMI | Hardware Interface: USB, Micro-HDMI
ASUS ZenScreen can’t be left off any list of touchscreen monitors as it is one of the very best portable options out there. With just the right screen size of 15.6 inches, it is a perfect solution for work on the go – it’s light and portable. The full HD resolution offers a sharp image quality for graphic designers and the IPS panel enhances color accuracy even more.
You will also find the 7800 mAh built-in battery and integrated powerful speakers pretty useful. Another plus about this monitor is you get multiple ports such as micro-HDMI and Type-C USB which provide versatile connectivity with laptops, mobile phones, gaming consoles, tablets, cameras, and more. Finally, the 3-year long warranty is like the cherry on the top.
|➕ Excellent IPS panel||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Great portable usage|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 15.6” FHD IPS USB Type-C portable monitor with hybrid signal solution for compatibility with USB Type-C and Type-A sources (Note: Display Link driver needed for Type-A connection)
- Ultra-portable award-winning design at 2 pounds and 0.3 inches slim to pair perfectly with Asus laptops, phones, tablets
- Built to be on-the-go with two integrated speakers and 7800mAh battery for ultimate compatibility. Compatibility - OS Compatibility for Touch function- Microsoft Windows7/8/10, Android 6.0 or...
- Smart Cover and smart pen hole allow landscape and portrait orientations to Adapt easily with auto rotation
- Asus Eye Care technology with TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter minimizes eye fatigue
ASUS ZenScreen Review
Want a closer look at this fine laptop? Check out this ASUS ZenScreen review video:
Video credit: TechBroll/YouTube
2. Philips 242B9T Monitor (Editor’s Choice)
Best touchscreen monitor overall
Screen size: 24 inches | Dimensions: 55.4 x 5 x 33.8cm | Weight: 8.15kg | Resolution: 1080p | Connectivity ports: 2 USB ports, 1 HDMI | Refresh rate: 60hz
Things are getting bigger with this Philips 242B9T touchscreen monitor. The 24-inch screen size has a lot to offer. Here, the Z-type stand grabs your attention as you can tilt your screen from -5 to 90 degrees. In addition, the IPS panel and full HD resolution deliver high-quality pictures and a unique SmartContrast technology further enhances the image and makes for rich, crisp blacks.
Philips’ FlickerFree feature helps control the contrast and brightness to reduce eye strain. What’s more? It comes with 2W built-in speakers and multiple ports like VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI for easy connection.
|➕ Rich colors and resolution||➖ Quite heavy|
|➕ Anti-glare coating||➖ Speakers are not great|
|➕ Great stand|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Philips B-Line 24 Inch (23. 8 inch viewable) touch screen monitor with full HD 1920x1080 IPS panel
- Smooth-touch: 10-point projected capacitive display for Natural, fluid touch response, compatible with Stylus (not included) for fluid and accurate performance
- Suitable for less than perfect environments: front panel is rated IP54 water and dust resistant, helps to prevent intrusion of water splashes and everyday dust.
- Convenient connectivity: HDMI 1. 4, DVI-D, DisplayPort 1. 2, VGA inputs with USB 3. 1x2 hub for connectivity (USB for touch interface)
- Versatility built-in: SmartStand with adjustable angles, built-in stereo speakers, and VESA mount allows for versatility and boosts productivity
Best touch screen monitor for graphic design
Screen Size: 23.8-inch | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Panel type: IPS | Brightness: 250cd/m2 | Display connectivity: HDMI, DisplayPort | Hardware Interface: USB 3.1 Type A, DisplayPort, USB Type C, USB 3.1 Type C, USB 3.1 Type B, HDMI, 3.5mm Audio | Refresh rate: 60 Hz
Which is the best touch screen monitor for drawing? ViewSonic TD2455 is the best touch screen monitor for drawing as it comes with a stylus. Graphic designers can use the included smooth stylus pen to creatively draw and write on the screen. This monitor also comes with a supporting stand, that is probably the best thing about this touchscreen monitor. The ergonomic stand with dual hinges enables 5- to 60-degrees of tilt, making it easier for users to find a comfortable working position.
Thanks to IPS technology, the LCD display offers exceptional image quality with color and contrast consistency. The full HD resolution further crisps the image quality to deliver a delightful viewing experience. DisplayPort and Type-C ports are also included, making this monitor a serious contender on the list.
|➕ Excellent Design and great build||➖ No VGA connections|
|➕ IPS LCD display quality||➖ Low contrast|
|➕ USB-C With 60 Watts Power Delivery|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- TOUCH DISPLAY: 24-Inch Full HD (1920x1080p) 60Hz 10-point projected capacitive (PCAP) display ideal for use in office, home, retail, and school environments
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: An IPS panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point
- PRODUCTIVITY & COMFORT: Ergonomic Dual-Hinge stand maximizes comfort and productivity
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The TD2455 supports laptops, and PCs and more with HDMI 1.4 (with CEC), Displayport (In/Out), USB 3.2 (A,B,and C) Inputs
- MULTI-TOUCH FOR MacOS: MacOS users can access a full range of touch and gesture controls on external ViewSonic TD touch displays connected to their Apple devices using the vTouchTM driver
Smallest touch screen monitor & best budget touch screen monitor
Size: 7-inch | Screen resolution: 1024 x 600 | Connectivity Technology: USB, HDMI | Hardware Interface: USB, Micro-HDMI, HDMI
EVICIV is the smallest touchscreen monitor on our list. It is a brand that is not much popular but impactful for launching some of the best and affordable products. The super-low price tag of this portable 7-inch touch screen monitor makes it the right choice for many buyers who are looking to use it for basic computing functions. The resolution of 1024*600 might be low for some users, but it is decent per the screen size.
The USB monitor is great for portable usage with Raspberry Pi or your laptop. An ultra-rich capacitive touch screen panel lets you use multiple fingers at the same time to zoom, scroll, or draw anything. The best part? It comes with a lifelong warranty, making it superb for long-term usage.
|➕ Great for on-the-go use||➖ Low resolution|
|➕ Ideal to use with Raspberry Pi|
|➕ 5 Points capacitive touch|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- ✅ 5 POINTS CAPACITIVE TOUCH + EXCELLENT IMAGE PERFORMANCE - Thanks to the excellent sensitive capacitive technology and the multi-touch function, you can swipe, scroll, select, zoom, and zoom across...
- ✅ UNIQUE DESIGN AND PORTABLE - The screen without case and frame, you can mount your Raspberry Pi on the back of the display and remodel this mini monitor directly. This is great for people who want...
- ✅ COMPLETE ACCESSORIES, PERFECT FOR ALL VERSIONS OF THE RASPBERRY PI - The supplied Micro HDMI cable makes the connection between the monitor and Raspberry PI4 easy. If you have other Raspberry PIs,...
- ✅ PLUG & PLAY AND GREAT COMPATIBILITY - With this USB monitor you can start your projects without having to download and install any drivers. You can use it with your Raspberry Pi 4/3/2/1 / 3B + /...
- ✅ DUAL BUILT-IN SPEAKERS - Designed with dual integrated speakers, this monitor combines incredible screen performance with stereo sound for an immersive multimedia experience. Thanks to the two...
Best touch screen monitor for photo and video editing
Screen size: 15.6 inches | Weight: 81.7lbs | Resolution: 1080p | Refresh rate: 60hz
Viotek’s touch screen monitor is a feature-rich pick on the list. The 16-inch monitor with a thin-bezel design weighs just 1.7 pounds and a thickness of 9.4mm makes it another great choice for portable use. Apart from a sleek look, the Full HD resolution and IPS panel make it great for image and video editing.
The dual Type-C USB ports, built-in speakers, AUX audio port, and mini HDMI connectivity are just the start of many more features you get with this monitor. In addition, the built-in stand offers flexible viewing angles and is good for users looking to work for longer durations. Plus, this touchscreen monitor comes with a 3-year warranty.
|➕ Sleek design||➖ Build quality can be improved|
|➕ Has IPS panel|
|➕ Type-C USB ports available|
Best ultra-wide touchscreen monitor
Screen size: 49 inches | Dimensions: 1.22 metres x 11.42 cm x 36.57cm | Weight: 15.2 kg | Resolution: 1440p | Refresh rate: 60hz | Connectivity ports: USB port, 2 HDMI ports
LG UltraWide 49WL95C is the biggest touchscreen monitor on the list. You won’t find a bigger touchscreen display than LG’s 49-inch. The ultrawide monitor lets you do multiple tasks and manage multiple windows at once. The super-high Dual QHD resolution of 5120 x 1440 pixels gives a real feel to the images.
The two built-in stereo speakers are a big plus, especially for gamers or video editors. It comes with a stand that supports tilt, height, and swivel adjustment. The smart light sensors adjust screen brightness automatically according to light conditions. This monitor is not cheap, but then again, for the features and functionality it offers, the price is excellent.
|➕ Huge display area||➖ Mediocre pixel density|
|➕ QHD resolution|
|➕ High-quality chassis|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 49” 32:9 Curved DQHD (5120 x 1440) IPS Display
- USB Type-C with 85W PD
- Multi-tasking: PBP, Dual Controller, OnScreen Control
- sRGB 99% Color Gamut
- HDR 10
Modern and elegant touchscreen monitor
Screen Size: 23-inch | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Brightness: 250cd/m2 | Panel type: IPS | Display connectivity: VGA, HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 | Refresh rate: 60Hz
The EliteDisplay E230t has a modern, elegant design with super-slim screen bezels and a classy stand. This doesn’t allow for the same level of screen acrobatics as some touch monitors, so you won’t be able to tilt the screen all the way down to virtually flat, but you will get a decent range of tilt/swivel and pivot flexibility.
If we compare the image quality to the value, it is decent: 1920 x 1080 resolution, 1,000:1 contrast ratio, 250 cd/m2 brightness rating, and 5 ms reaction time. Moreover, all the mentioned specs are backed up by IPS LCD technology.
|➕ IPS, Full HD display||➖ No DVI connection|
|➕ DisplayPort connectivity|
|➕ Sleek design|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Expand your productivity with uninterrupted views of one screen or many with a 3-sided micro-edge bezel that supports virtually seamless arrays
- Get crisp visuals from any angle on the 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, 23" diagonal IPS screen
- Find your most comfortable, productive position with adjustable tilt, height, swivel, and up to 150mm height adjustment settings
- Work with your most frequently-used devices with VGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort
- Connect your USB accessories right at the display with USB 3.0 ports
8. Asus VT229H
Sleek and attractive touch screen monitor
Screen Size: 21.5-inch | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Panel type: IPS | Brightness: 250cd/m2 | Display connectivity: VGA, HDMI | Refresh rate: 75Hz
The Asus VT229H (21.5 inches) is another small touchscreen monitor on this list. But it still has the same Full HD resolution as larger 24” and even 27” touch screens, giving you more pixels per inch and somewhat better image quality. In addition, this is an IPS LCD, with wide 178 x 178-degree viewing angles, consistent color and contrast.
The screen’s narrow bezels give it a contemporary design, but the accompanying stand doesn’t allow it to tilt as much as some touch displays. If you prefer a more ergonomic monitor arm, add a VESA mount option.
|➕ Sleek design||➖ No DVI or DisplayPort connections|
|➕ Tiltable stand||➖ Mediocre max brightness|
|➕ The screen is very responsive|
|➕ ‘ASUS Eye Care’ feature|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 21.5” Full HD with 10-point multi-touch capacity, suitable for any application that involves virtual keyboard or multi-touch
- Stunningly wide 178° viewing angles and vivid, colorful displays with IPS panel
- Frameless design makes it perfect for almost-seamless multi-display setups
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI and VGA
Best touchscreen monitor for Mac
Screen size: 13 inches | Dimensions: 30.8 x 22.8 x 0.55 cm | Weight: 1.5lbs| Resolution: 1080p | Refresh rate: 60hz | Connectivity ports: 2 USB ports, 1 HDMI
This portable touchscreen monitor supports 16 million colors and has USB Type-A to Type-C, USB Type-C to Type-C, and HDMI to mini-HDMI connectivity, making it ideal for gaming and work.
Espresso display is the notable exception for using a touchscreen monitor with a Mac. All you need to do is download a driver, and it’s ready. That’s why this monitor is on our list. It also connects well via USB-C to a Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox, and various smartphones.
|➕ Ultra-slim design||➖ Will drain your laptop’s battery faster|
|➕ Great touchscreen monitor for Mac|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- YOUR WORKSPACE ANYWHERE - this ultra slim 13.3” FHD portable touch screen PC monitor delivers the productivity of your office set up, but in a compact, lightweight, portable form; ideal when on the...
- DESIGN THAT DELIVERS - at only 5.4mm (0.2”) this beautiful ultra slim award winning full HD USB-C monitor is made from durable aviation grade aluminium. It looks fantastic and will stand up to your...
- NO COMPROMISE ON FUNCTIONALITY - with innovation at every layer, the 1920 x 1080 Full HD dual layer glass offers a smooth touch screen experience increasing speed, accessibility and mobility....
- MORE WORK. MORE PLAY. MORE POSSIBILITIES - transform your desktop with this convenient touchscreen portable laptop monitor which is ideal for design work, remote work, movies, gaming or maximising...
- GET MORE, ANYWHERE, WITH AN ESPRESSO DISPLAY - complete with a 12 month warranty your new 13.3” portable computer monitor comes with USB Type-A to Type-C, USB Type-C to Type-C, HDMI to mini-HDMI,...
Best 4K touchscreen monitor
Screen size: 15.6 inches | Weight: 2.05 lbs | Dimensions: 13.9 x 8.7 x 0.5 inches | Resolution: 4k | Refresh rate: 60hz | Connectivity ports: 2 USB ports, 1 HDMI ports (mini)
We like this monitor as it’s the best 4k touchscreen monitor that you can easily take on your travels. Its IPS panel offers 3,840 x 2,160 resolution, clear visuals, and a high level of brightness. It’s also quite portable due to its lightweight and small size.
You also get built-in dual 2W speakers as well as a variety of connection cords. It also includes a very user-friendly touchscreen menu for easy operation. This makes it our pick for the best 4k touchscreen monitor.
|➕ USB-C & mini HDMI ports available||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Automatic screen orientation|
|➕ Light and portable|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- [Stunning 4K Ultra HD Portable Display]: Uperfect Portable Monitor adopts a 3840 x 2160 IPS A-grade screen. This perfect Gaming Monitor delivers you a vivid image, clear motion and detail with...
- [10-point Capacitive Touchscreen Monitor]: Adopted G+FF technology, support much more precise and sensitive touch, no extra driver needed, just connect the USB cable to your device to achieve the...
- [First Monitor with Gravity Sensor Automatic Rotation]: When connected to the mobile phone or laptop, the monitor will sense product direction, and automatically switched display into horizontally or...
- [Slimmest Bracket Integrated Second Screen]: The Uperfect 4K Touchscreen Portable Monitor is notable for its super slim 5mm profile and makes the perfect travel companion. Adjustable Bracket...
- [Dual USB C Monitor]: USB-C powered monitor has 2 USB-C and Mini HD input ports, it is compatible with multiple devices: laptops, computers, phones(must have full-featured USB-C port), Raspberry Pi,...
Things to Consider when Choosing a Touchscreen Monitor
If you’re searching for the best touchscreen monitor, you probably have some requirements in mind already. Here are the common things to consider when choosing a touchscreen monitor.
Screen Size: Like any other monitor, you should ensure that the size of the screen is compatible with your needs. From 7 inches to 82 inches, you can find monitors for different uses. First, consider the work you want to perform on the monitor and how large space that would need. Then decide on the best screen size.
Resolution: No matter the size of the monitor, the screen must offer sharp images. Most monitors offer Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, and some offer Ultra HD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution. The latter one definitely offers much better image quality but may be overkill for your needs. So, consider this point depending on the work you want to do.
Connectivity: To use your monitor, you’ll need to connect it to your devices. Apart from video signal ports, most monitors offer additional ports for power, USB, audio, controllers, and much more. Check the number of ports the monitor has for high versatility and practicality.
Color Accuracy: Image quality and color accuracy are more than screen resolution alone. The LED display type is the deciding factor here. This is important for graphic designers as they need to perform accurate high-end image and video editing. IPS monitors have wide viewing angles and amazing color reproduction, while TN monitors have lower color accuracy and are often used for gaming.
Refresh Rate: The screen refresh rate refers to how many times the screen can update with new image data every second. It is crucial for gamers to choose a monitor with at least a 144Hz refresh rate to avoid lag. For normal usage, 75Hz or 60Hz will get the job done.
Touch Input: Generally, there are two forms of touch input for touchscreen monitors. Resistive touch is an outdated technology that requires you to press the screen to register the input. This type of touch input doesn’t support multi-touch and is not as smooth as capacitive touch, the second and latest form. Capacitive touch input supports 10-point multi-touch and requires only a light tap/slide on the screen to register the input. All the monitors listed below use capacitive technology.
Budget: Well, no matter what features, screen size, resolution, or refresh rate you want, it all comes down to your pocket. In the list below, you will find touchscreen monitors with a variety of specifications and prices. Choose the one that fits your budget and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best touch screen monitor?
According to our evaluation, Philips 242B9T Monitor is the best touch screen monitor in terms of specifications.
What is the biggest touch screen monitor?
Perceptive Pixel (82-inch) is the biggest touch screen monitor available.
Can you draw on a touch screen monitor?
Yes, you can draw on a touchscreen monitor. But the difference between a drawing tablet and a touchscreen monitor is that tablets are meant for, so they have a stylus, and most touchscreen monitors don’t.
What is the best touch screen monitor for drawing?
ViewSonic TD2455 is the best touch screen monitor for drawing in our list.
Can you use a touch screen monitor with a Mac?
Yes, you can use a touchscreen monitor with a Mac.
Does touchscreen work through HDMI?
No, touchscreen monitors require USB connectivity as well
Best Touch Screen Monitors for Graphic Design Summary
Touchscreen monitors offer a really great experience to typical users, graphic designers, and gamers. And because of their portability, touchscreen monitors are perfect to use on the go.
After reviewing the comprehensive list of touchscreen monitors above, you should have a good idea of what to look for according to your unique needs. If you have used any of these – or any other touchscreen monitors–let me know about your experience in the comments section below.
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best Chromebooks for designers
- Best Computers for designers
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
More Top Gear for Designers
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best earphones for music-lovers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best phones for designers & creatives