Looking for the best ultrawide monitor in 2023? This article features the best ultrawide monitors available today.
There is an old saying that you can never have enough room, which is true regarding many of the monitors we see creatives using these days.
That 27-inch monitor just isn’t cutting it anymore, is it? We didn’t think so either. What you need is something new, something big, and something exciting. If you have a preference for 27-inch monitors, don’t miss our comprehensive review of the Innocn 27″ 4K Monitor.
You need an ultrawide monitor. Thankfully, that’s why we’re here. We love ultrawide monitors with a seemingly endless amount of room and enough connectivity options for everything you need to plug in. We’re never going back now, and neither should you.
That’s why we put together this list of the 10 Best Ultrawide Monitors – perfect for graphic designers, photographers, programmers, and any creative that requires a lot of screen real estate. Our monitor buying guide will help you understand the purpose and features of monitors, enabling you to make an informed decision and choose the perfect one that meets your needs.
Every creative deserves to work on a monitor that accurately portrays their work. So let’s take a closer look at our selections, and then we’ll get into the nitty-gritty.
You can now discover a superior level of immersion and comfort while viewing by exploring our blog on the best curved monitors.
The ASUS Designo Curve features an award-winning frameless design that offers a truly immersive visual experience. It is our top recommendation for anyone seeking a cutting-edge audiovisual experience.
If you seek an immersive curve radius of 1500mm and a frameless design, AOC CU34G2X is a great option. It brings your gaming and entertainment to life.
The ultrawide monitor boasts a 3-side design with virtually borderless edges providing a wide and uninterrupted viewing experience, making it an excellent value for money.
Top 10 Best Ultrawide Monitors in 2023
- Asus Designo Curve MX38VC — The best ultrawide monitor overall (Editor’s Choice)
- AOC CU34G2X — The best budget ultrawide monitor
- LG 34WN750 — The best value ultrawide monitor
- BenQ EW3880R — The best ultrawide gaming monitor
- Philips Brilliance 499P9H— The best HDR ultrawide monitor
- MSI Prestige PS341WU — The best 5K ultrawide monitor
- Dell U3419W — The most color-accurate ultrawide monitor for creatives
- Samsung CRG9 — The biggest ultrawide monitor
- Dell U4919DW — The best UHD ultrawide monitor
- LG 34UC79G-B — The best mid-range ultrawide monitor
What is the Best Ultrawide Monitor in 2023?
The Asus Designo Curve MX38VC is our pick for the best ultrawide monitor in 2023, but check out the comparison table below to see what’s best for you.
Ultrawide Monitor Buying Guide
Ultrawide monitors are becoming a dime a dozen these days. With so many different options out there on the market, it can be tough to know exactly what you’re looking for. Lucky for you, we know what that is:
What’s your reason for buying an ultrawide?
While almost anyone who is reading this will immediately say work, we know the truth. You’re not just using that gorgeous ultrawide to work.
Whether your ultimate purpose for buying an ultrawide is for work, gaming, or watching movies, be sure that you have a use determined because an ultrawide can take up a lot of room if you’re going to be using it to answer emails all day.
Is your graphics card strong enough?
While in a perfect world, every graphics card would be able to handle displaying your work on an ultrawide, the reality is that some just simply cannot handle it.
To handle the power that it takes to run an ultrawide, your graphics card will need about one and a half more power than a standard card. If you’re going to be doing any kind of gaming, it might need even more.
You can find the best graphics cards here.
Curved or Flat Screen?
The choices of ultrawide monitors don’t stop at how large they are; many monitors come in either a curved or flat screen design.
While curved screens look cooler, a flat-screen might be the way to go if you’re just doing regular office tasks.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more immersive experience, which you might get from games or movies, a curved screen is the way to go.
How big is your desk?
Ultimately, this is the most important question that you need to ask. Ultrawide monitors, even at their smallest, still take up a lot of desk space.
If you work in a cubical or have a small desk, you might want to look into getting a second monitor, which will take up less space than an ultrawide.
However, if space isn’t an issue, drop that new behemoth in the center and let your co-workers flock around its beautiful visage.
If you need a second monitor at an affordable price, don’t miss to check out our blog on the best cheap second monitor.
Top 10 Best Ultrawide Monitors in 2023
1. Asus Designo Curve MX38VC (Editor’s Choice)
The best ultrawide monitor overall
While many might look at an ultrawide monitor and immediately see the games that they can play on something so beautiful and massive, creatives see something else—a blank canvas.
The Designo Curve from Asus is a sight to behold and allows imaginations to run wild.
This best ultrawide monitor offers excellent color accuracy and incredible resolution, enhancing design work and satisfying video and photo editors.
While it may be slightly expensive and lack optimal refresh rate and HDR support, these minor drawbacks pale compared to its remarkable display. Check out some budget-friendly monitors here.
|➕ Beautiful 4K display||➖ No HDR|
|➕ Built-in Qi wireless charging||➖ No high refresh rate|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 37.5” 21: 9 ultra-wide Quad HD (3840 x 1600) Curved monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle featuring 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x HDMI 2.0 and USB Type-C
- Award-winning frameless design and transparent sundial base Pair with hidden, down-firing inputs and a 5-way navigation key to blend elegance and performance
- Stereo 10W Harman Kardon speakers and ASUS SonicMaster technology provide rich, spacious sound while eliminating the need for external speakers
- Embedded wireless 15W Qi charging pad with status-monitoring lighting
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter minimizes eye fatigue
Asus Designo Curve MX38VC Review
Want a closer look at this fine ultrawide monitor? Check out this Asus Designo Curve MX38VC review video:
Video Credit: Review Tech TV/YouTube
2. AOC CU34G2X
When ultrawide monitors were first released, the average price for one was extraordinary. Thankfully, like most technology, the price has come down somewhat over time, leading to incredible finds like the CU34G2X from AOC.
The best ultrawide monitor features a frameless design that delivers top-notch performance and adds a touch of elegance. We especially enjoy Its sharp angles and vibrant RGB lighting, which make it a perfect fit for any gamer’s desk.
While the menu may pose some challenges, gamers will find the monitor irresistible. It comes packed with a 144Hz refresh rate, 1 ms response time, and immersive 1440p resolution that gamers will love, and at an affordable price, how could they not? Take a look at the best 1440p monitors available.
|➕ Great performance||➖ Menu can be hard to use|
|➕ Wonderful price||➖ No G-Sync|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 34" Class (34" Viewable) AOC Gaming G2 Series monitor with 3440x1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+) resolution VA panel. Pixel Pitch: 0.23175
- Rapid 1ms response (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync for ultra-smooth competitive game play Curve radius: 1500mm
- 3-Sided frameless design with 1500R curvature for immersive gaming and entertainment
- VA panel for wide viewing angles and brilliant colors displaying over 115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB color gamut area coverage
- AOC Re-Spawned 3-year zero-bright-dot 3-year advance replacement 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
3. LG 34WN750
The best value ultrawide monitor
Blurring the line between great features, amazing pricing, and fantastic quality, the 34WN750 from LG is easily the best value you can find in an ultrawide display. Although it’s a flat panel display, it boasts QHD resolution while being compatible with FreeSync from AMD.
Connectivity isn’t an issue with HDMI and DisplayPort options, and compatibility with HDR10 is a nice touch.
Overall, we had a fantastic experience with its display, which is nice and bright with colors that pop. While the monitor does tilt, it doesn’t pivot, although that isn’t something many consider when buying an ultrawide.
The only real downside is that the display from LG doesn’t include other connectivity options like USB-C, but we can look past that. Looking for a monitor that has USB-C connectivity? Check out our blog about the best USB-C monitors and find the perfect one that meets your needs effectively.
|➕ Great value||➖ Flat-screen could turn some off|
|➕ Accurate and consistent colors||➖ No AMD FreeSync|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 34" UltraWide 21:9 WQHD (3440 x 1440) IPS Display
- sRGB 99% Color Gamut and HDR10
- Multi-tasking - Dual Controller, OnScreen Control
- AMD FreeSync. Power Save/Sleep Mode (Max)-Less than 0.5W
- Height/Tilt Adjustable Stand & 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design
4. BenQ EW3880R
The best ultrawide gaming monitor
Screen: 37.5-inch | Resolution: 3,840 x 1,600 | Aspect ratio: 21:9 | Contrast ratio:1.000:1 | Weight: 13kg
If you are searching for a monitor for media tasks, BenQEW3880R is a great pick for you. The screen space of 37.5 inches provides a great work area and flexibility for your tasks. The monitor has a subtle curve that provides eye-comfort features.
This best ultrawide monitor has impressive image performance due to the 95% DCI-P3 cinematic color space.
Along with these, the monitor features two built-in 2 x 3W speakers, which is an advantage for media tasks. The monitor has ports for two HDMI 2.0, DP 1.4, and 2 USB 3.0.
|➕ Good speakers||➖Average for fast gaming purposes|
|➕ Maximized performance|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 38 INCH WQHDplus CURVED HDR ULTRAWIDE MONITOR: 33% more screen space, 2300R immersive curvature, IPS panel for 1.07 billion colors, Multimedia modes for optimal viewing and audio.
- INCREDIBLE IMAGE PERFORMANCE: 95% DCI-P3 cinematic color space with selectable HDRi optimization modes to match your content, along with 24P framerate, means vivid color and theater-like display;...
- 2.1 CHANNEL AUDIO EXCELLENCE: 2 x 3W speakers & 1 x 8W subwoofer, Digital Signal Processor (DSP) powers selectable sound modes that enhance your content
- ERGONOMICS AND EYE-CARE: height/tilt/swivel adjustability, integrated eye-care, and an included remote control let you view in comfort for hours
- COLLABORATIVE CONNECTIVITY: USB-C with 60W power delivery, HDMI 2.0 x 2, DP 1.4 x 1, USB 3.0 x 2 to connect your favorite peripherals
The best HDR ultrawide monitor
The Philips Brilliance 499P9H is a 49-inch, ultra-wide monitor designed for graphic designers and creators who need a large workspace to work efficiently.
The monitor has a 49-inch display with an ultra-wide 32:9 aspect ratio and a 5120 x 1440 pixels resolution.
This resolution is known as Dual Quad HD (DQHD), which provides a lot of screen real estate for multitasking and viewing multiple windows side-by-side.
This monitor has a slight curve to its screen, which provides a more immersive viewing experience and reduces eye strain.
Covers 99% of the sRGB color gamut, so it can accurately display a wide range of colors. This makes it an ideal choice for graphic designers who need to work with color-sensitive applications.
It has a contrast ratio of 3000:1, providing deep blacks and bright whites, making distinguishing subtle details in images easier.
The HDR ultrawide monitor has a USB-C port supporting data transfer, video, and charging. This allows you to connect your laptop to the monitor with a single cable, which reduces clutter on your desk.
The monitor can display content from up to four separate devices at once, allowing you to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Supports Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) modes, which allow you to view multiple sources on the same screen.
For graphic designers and creators, the Philips Brilliance 499P9H offers many benefits. Its large size and high resolution provide plenty of screen real estate to work on large projects, while its color accuracy and high contrast make it easy to work with images and graphics.
The USB-C connectivity and multi-client capability also make it easy to switch between different devices, while the PIP and PBP modes allow you to view multiple sources simultaneously.
Overall, the Philips Brilliance 499P9H is a great choice for anyone who needs a large, high-quality display for their work.
|➕ Incredible color accuracy||➖ Requires a powerful computer|
|➕ Huge screen||➖ Heavy and bulky|
|➕ Plenty of connectivity options|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Philips Brilliance 49-inch class (48. 8-inch viewable) SuperWide 32: 9 LED monitor with Dual QHD (5120x1440) resolution with 1800r curved VA screen for immersive field of view with wide-viewing angles
- DisplayHDR 400 panel displays images with outstanding color accuracy and brilliance, covering 91% of Adobe RGB and 103% of NTSC color gamut
- Usb-c 3. 1 Gen 2 (DP Alt Mode), HDMI 2. 0B x2, DisplayPort 1. 4, and audio-in/out connectivity + Built-in speakers, Windows Hello pop-up webcam (foldable for privacy)
- Built-in USB-C docking with USB 3. 1 Ports, RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet, and USB-C PD 2. 0 (up to 65W) quickly charging your laptop
- MultiClient KVM Switch built-in with MultiView for sharing a set of peripherals and monitor with multiple client computers
The best 5K ultrawide monitor
Many of the ultrawide monitors on our list tend to be rather similar in terms of resolution, but there are those creatives out there who aren’t satisfied with something everyone else has. For those people, we suggest the Prestige PS341WU from MSI, which should do quite nicely.
Though the build quality could be better, the Prestige uses every bit of its 34-inch IPS display with an incredible 5K2K native resolution plus a 21:9 aspect ratio.
While you’ll be shelling out a lot of money for it, this best ultrawide monitor from MSI comes with an excellent set of features to lessen the sting a bit.
The Nano IPS, loaded with a DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR support, and a wide range of connectivity options, makes this beautiful white whale of a monitor hard to resist.
|➕ Beautiful 5K2K resolution||➖ HDR performance is mediocre|
|➕ Incredible Nano IPS display||➖ Build quality could be better|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 34-Inch ultra-wide Professional wuhd (5120 x 2160/ 21: 9) designed for creators & multitasking
- Nano-ips panel for a truly premium quality picture
- 98% of DCI-P3 color gamut with a pre-calibrated in factory for the most excellent color accuracy
- 34” ultra-wide wuhd Display for truly expressive details
- Built-in picture-in-picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) help to check the content from multiple sources simultaneously and switch between them easily
7. Dell U3419W
The best color-accurate ultrawide monitor – perfect for graphic designers & creatives
With any product from Dell, you know that you’re going to get a high-end product packed with features that will make it one of the best options you can buy and the U3419W is no exception.
The combination of picture quality, connectivity options, and even its build quality make this monitor stand out in the crowd.
While it comes with two HDMI ports and a DisplayPort connector, the U3419W also comes with USB-C ports that can connect a laptop to the display and charge the laptop with up to 90W of power.
Despite its benefits, it has shortcomings. We do not recommend this best ultrawide monitor for those on a tight budget.
|➕ USB-C support||➖ Not budget-friendly|
|➕ Great color accuracy||➖ Control buttons are kinda small|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Increased screen curvature improves your field of view, reduces reflections and creates near-uniform visual focus, so you can work comfortably for longer
- Picture-In-Picture (PIP) and Picture-By-Picture (PBP) features enable you to view content from two different computer sources simultaneously.
- With USB-C connectivity you can connect your laptop to the monitor and charge up to 90Wi from a single source, protected by Dell’s built-in surge protection.
- Power Consumption (On mode):41 W
- 60 hertz
8. Samsung CRG9
The biggest ultrawide monitor for gaming & design
There’s big and then there is Samsung CRG9 big. With a screen that is an astounding 49 inches and an aspect ratio of 32:9 that blows other ultrawide monitors away, you better have the real estate and the budget for this behemoth.
With a picture-in-picture mode and multiple input options, the CRG9 will let you connect two devices and run them at the same time.
This feature alone can eliminate having multiple monitors crowding your desk.
Thanks to its use of great tech from Samsung, the monitor displays a beautiful image, making it a great choice for any creative professional.
|➕ Amazing screen size||➖ Needs to be adjusted out of the box|
|➕ HDR support||➖ Limited ergonomics|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- DUAL QHD RESOLUTION: The 5120 x 1440 super ultra-wide aspect ratio lets you view content in superfine detail
- HDR1000 & QLED: Has a brightness rating of 1,000 nits and DCI-P3 95%, so colors are pure, bright, and true to life
- IMMERSIVE CURVE: With a Super Ultra-Wide 32:9 ratio, the CRG9 curves around your field of view to immerse you in all the onscreen gaming action
- AMD RADEON FREESYNC2: Effortlessly Smooth Gameplay; Supports HDR content, reduces input latency, and has low framerate compensation
- BUILT FOR SPEED: The 120Hz settings minimize image lag and motion blur; The 60Hz settings let you optimize performance
9. Dell U4919DW
The best UHD ultrawide monitor
Not one to sit idly by and let Samsung have all the fun, the Dell U4919DW is a massive 49-inch screen with amazing image quality, thanks to its IPS panel that makes it superior to the other ultrawide alternative that uses VA panel tech.
Offering a 32:9 aspect ratio, 1000:1 contrast ratio, and even a resolution of 5,120 x 1,440 provides a massive amount of real estate for creatives to work with.
The only real downside is a lack of support for adaptive sync that many alternative displays offer.
|➕ Bright IPS panel image||➖ Takes up a lot of real estate|
|➕ Low response time||➖ No adaptive-sync tech|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The world's Fi RST 49" curved Dual QHD monitor for an immersive work experience that boosts productivity. Equivalent to two 27-inch QHD monitors, you'll get a brilliant uninterrupted view,...
- Dimensions - with stand: 47.84" W x 9.94" D x 18.06" H
- Native Resolution 5120 x 1440 at 60Hz
- Multitask efficiently with two PC sources using built-in Picture-by-Picture and keyboard, video and Mouse Features
10. LG 34UC79G-B
The best mid-range ultrawide monitor
One fact about ultrawide monitors that remains true is that they are not the cheapest option out there, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t find a great widescreen display at a crazy price.
The 34UC79G-B from LG may be far from the most affordable, but it does provide a great monitor at a quality price.
With a resolution of 2,560 x 1,080, it might come up short when compared to some of the other options we’ve featured.
This is a small gripe when you consider that you’re saving money on a great monitor plus, it comes with FreeSync too!
|➕ Curved 21:9 screen design||➖ Overall resolution could be better|
|➕ Great image quality||➖ Could be brighter|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 34 inches WQHD (3440 X 1440) Nano IPS ultra wide display
- VESA displayed 400
- Radeon free sync 2 technology with 144 Hertz
- 4 Side virtually borderless design
- Height/Swivel/Tilt adjustable stand
Key Features To Consider for Choosing the Best Ultrawide Monitors
Finding the best ultrawide monitor is always crucial, as there are many factors to consider.
In this article, we have made it easier for you to understand all those factors and find the most efficient and best ultrawide monitor.
These ultrawide monitors are also great alternatives for working on multiple screens. Not all monitors will be as versatile as ultrawide monitors to fit all needs. Choose one that is built according to your needs.
The greater the resolution of the screen, the sharper it is. Choosing a monitor with a higher resolution is very important. It impacts the quality of the images, videos, and any creatives that you are working on.
The ultrawide monitor resolution should be at least 3,440 by 1,440. Anything lower than this will lose the image and video quality that might be best for your work. It will be easier, clearer, and cheaper to view, read and work on.
Size of the Screen
Of course, if you are choosing an ultrawide monitor, you would want a decent-sized monitor. Typically ultrawide monitors’ sizes start at 34 inches and so on.
However, choose the one that fits your setup at your convenience. If you are using monitor arms, make sure that they can support ultrawide monitors.
It is understood that refresh rate is nothing, but determining how often your screen refreshes per second is helpful. Usually, the refresh rate is 60Hz, this is also the standard range of ultrawide monitors.
However, it would require a large refresh rate above 60hz for gaming and high-end work.
Response time is something that measures the performance of the system and interactiveness. In most of the Ultrawide monitors, it is recommended to have around 5ms response times. It is necessary to have 3ms for gaming and any high-end work so you won’t experience any lags.
You must have noticed that most of the monitors have a landscape orientation. This is more helpful than vertical orientation, especially if you work with Excel or Word documents on a daily basis. It’s also the recommended orientation for gaming.
There are many types of displays, like LCD, IPS, TN, and VA. If you are a gamer or an editor, we suggest you choose the best one with vibrant colors, good contrast, and good viewing angles.
Moreover, these features also help you work without creating any strain on you while you have a heavy workload.
If you’re concerned about resolution, look for at least WQHD (Wide Quad High Definition) to give you a pixel count of 3,440 by 1,440. Also, a wide aspect ratio of 21:9 is good. Usually, the bigger the screen, the greater the resolution.
Stand and flexibility
Make sure to check the size, weight, and model of your monitor to check if it is compatible with any monitor stands. This can be done by checking the make and model of the monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which size is best for an ultrawide monitor?
The best size of an ultrawide monitor will definitely depend on your needs and preferences. Nevertheless, an ultrawide monitor's most common starting size is 34 inches.
This extra width can be great for tasks that require multiple windows or applications to be open at once, as well as for immersive gaming or movie watching experiences.
However, it's important to consider your specific needs and setup before deciding if an ultrawide monitor is the right fit for you.
What is the aspect ratio of ultrawide monitors?
The monitors usually will have an aspect ratio of 16:9 while an ultra-widescreen has 21:9.
Can we use the same stand for all kinds of monitors?
No, monitor arms are not the same. You can use “one size fits all,” and there are quite a few options out there, so make sure to check these points before you buy.
Can we split an ultrawide monitor into multiple screens?
Enabling spilled screen features or multiple screen features in the ultrawide monitor is called Picture-by-Picture or PBP. This allows using two screens at the same time. This feature can be usually accessed in display settings.
What is the most budget-friendly yet offers great value among ultrawide monitors?
Although AOC CU34G2X is a budget-friendly ultrawide monitor, it still offers good value. It has high native contrast and super-accurate color to deliver an excellent image. Performance-wise, this is among the best we’ve seen at its current price point.
Best Ultrawide Monitors Summary
Ultra-wide monitors are becoming increasingly popular among gamers, video editors, and graphic designers as they provide a wider field of view, increased productivity, and an immersive visual experience.
Numerous ultra-wide monitors are available in the market, but the best ones offer excellent picture quality, high refresh rates, and many other features.
In conclusion, the Asus Designo Curve MX38VC, AOC CU34G2X, and LG 34WN750 are among the best ultra-wide monitors available. Each of these monitors offers an immersive visual experience, excellent picture quality, and many other features that make them ideal for gaming, video editing, and graphic design.
If you have a specific interest in finding a monitor for gaming or video editing purposes, our blogs on the best gaming monitors and best video editing monitors will guide you in selecting the perfect one for your needs.
Our list of the top 10 best ultrawide monitors for creatives has hopefully made things easier so you can enjoy your next monitor.
More Top Gear
- Best Laptops for Digital Artists
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best budget laptops for designers
- Best bags & backpacks for laptops
More Top Gear for Designers