If you are interested in video editing, then looking for the best computer for video editing is the first thing you would search on the internet, isn’t it? Look no further as this buying guide will help you choose the right one for your video editing needs, whether that be motion graphics, animation, or stop motion.
Although not all computers are created equal, I wanted to assist you in selecting the best option available with our list of the Best Computer for Video Editing in 2023 for any budget. If you prefer something more portable, see our list of the best laptops for video editing.
Knowing what to look for first might put you ahead of the curve when purchasing any piece of technology to aid in the expansion of your organization. You can read our post about desktop publishing software if desktop publishing is of greater interest to you.
Dive into the article to look at the best video editing computers for all budget ranges and skill levels that will make your motion graphics shine.
So to help, let’s start there.
15+ Best Desktop Computers for Video Editing in 2023
While many individuals would prefer laptops for video editing due to their portability, this portability can reduce the components in the machine as a whole. With a desktop computer for video editing, such is not the case.
The parts are typically top-of-the-line and, if they aren’t, can be changed out for ones that are, making them fully upgradeable. The options on my list are based on the notion that they are much superior than video editing laptops in terms of power and capabilities.
Check out our list below, and if there is a computer you like, click the link for more info. Otherwise, keep reading below.
- Apple iMac 24-inch — Best computer for video editing overall (Editor’s Choice)
- Microsoft Surface Studio 2 — Best all-in-one Windows computer
- iMac 24-inch 2021 — Best value Apple Mac
- Mac Studio — Most powerful desktop
- Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 3i — Best all-in-one budget computer for video editing
- Dell XPS 8940 — Best budget video editing computer
- HP Envy 34 — Best video editing desktop alternative for Mac
- Apple iMac Pro — The best Mac for video editing
- HP Pavilion Desktop PC Tower — Best PC for video editing made easy
- Dell Inspiron 7700 — Best budget high-performance video editing computer
- ASUS ROG Strix GL10 — Best PC for video editing and gaming
- Acer Aspire C27-1655-UA93 AIO Desktop — Best all-in-one video editing computer
- HP Omen — Best Windows PC for video editing
- CYBERPOWERPC Supreme Liquid Cool — Most power for your buck
- Dell Alienware Aurora R12 — Most powerful flagship PC
- HP 27 Pavillion AIO — Best video editing all-in-one computer for style
- Corsair One Pro a200 — Dream computer for content creators
- Lenovo Legion Tower 5i — A powerful video editing PC
Related Video Editing Resources
- Best monitors for video editing
- Best courses for video editing
- Best video editing software
- Best graphics cards for video editing
- Best tablets for video editing
- Best video projectors
- Best 4K cameras for video
What is the best computer for video editing?
Apple iMac is the best computer for video editing. Check our comparison table to find other best desktop computers for your video editing needs.
Top 3 Most Popular Desktop Computers
These are the three best-selling video editing desktop computers on Amazon right now:
How to choose the right computer for Video Editing
When you look at the product description for a regular desktop computer, the terms that are being used can get a bit overwhelming, to say the least. Now, if you’re looking for a computer for video editing, that overwhelming feeling can increase.
Don’t worry, though. We have your back, and let’s look at what you should consider when buying a computer or video editing.
While not every computer for video editing will be available packaged with a monitor (see our best monitors post), for those that come with a monitor, having the right one can make everything look amazing.
The most widely available resolution at the moment is 4K, which is also known as Ultra-High Definition. These monitors have a resolution of 3,840 by 2,160 pixels which is double the number of pixels that are found in a 1080p display. Choosing a monitor of this type can really help the image quality of your videos while editing and could make all the difference between two similar computers.
Depending on the type of video editing you are doing, the need for a good graphics card can help any graphics or animation explode from the screen. Before you decide on a computer, you want to make sure that you make sure you pay attention to the recommended system setting for whatever editing software you’re using so that you know you’ll get the best results from it. See our feature on the best graphics cards for video editing.
Every video editor has clips and snippets of video that may not have fit in the project they’re currently working on but might be perfect for something later on. These little clips can add up very quickly and take up a lot of memory in your computer. Finding one that starts with at least 1TB of memory is a good place to start.
Speaking of storage, there are primarily two types of storage drives out there for you to choose from SSD or Solid State Drives and HDD which stands for Hard Disk Drive. An SSD will provide you with a better overall performance when compared to HDD. Typically you should only use SSD’s on your computer. The best configuration would be to have multiple solid-state drives within your computer, each being delegated specific tasks.
Most video editing software that is available today uses a lot of RAM. A good rule of thumb is that the higher the resolution of the footage, the more RAM will be useful. With the onset of 4K displays and footage being taken in 4K, consider finding a PC with at least 32GB. Higher than that is obviously better, but only if you can afford it.
Also known as the CPU or the “brain” of your computer, having a good processor is crucial in having a video editing computer that allows you to complete tasks without annoying lag time. For example, if you’re using Adobe Premier, the CPU that you have will determine how fast you can get the editing done on your footage.
The computing power from a CPU is generally used in two ways when it comes to video editing. During the editing process, it will help generate video previews and also comes into play when you are encoding and exporting a video.
Having a good CPU is one part of your computer you should not cut corners on. It is that important.
No matter what other aspects of the specification you should consider are, it always comes down to price. In all honesty, many of the best computers for video editing do not come cheap. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t affordable options out there, but you want to make sure that the money you end up spending is worth it in the long run and that you make sure you get your money’s worth.
Our list runs the gamut from affordable to high-priced as well as some extreme designs. What each of these choices has, though, are the specs and components that you need to do the best possible job editing whatever type of video you shoot.
Regardless of which one on our list speaks to you or holds your interest, each of these is an excellent machine that anyone would be lucky to have in their office.
15 Best Computers for Video Editing, Motion Graphics & Animation in 2023
1. Apple iMac 24-inch (Editor’s Choice)
Best computer for video editing overall (best overall value & performance)
Screen: 24-inch Retina 4.5K display | CPU: VIA 8 Core| RAM: 16GB | Graphics: Integrated 8-core GPU|Storage: 512GB-1TB SSD
Filled with exceptional speed and power efficiency, owners of Mac desktops are dedicated to the brand, and they aren’t shy about telling others about their passion. It is challenging to switch back once you begin editing your videos on a Mac because it is an entirely new universe.
The iMac is outstanding in its own right since this video editing computer combines performance with great value, even though it isn’t quite as powerful as its larger brother, the iMac Pro.
Using a P3 wide color space on a 24-inch Retina 4.5K screen makes graphics appear more realistic and increases the vibrancy of the colors in your video. If you’re searching for a powerful workstation PC, this might not be for you because memory is also limited to 16GB.
The increased 512GB SSD is a great update for the iMac because it can do tasks more quickly and utilize the 8-Core to its full potential.
|➕Enhanced graphics performance||➖The lack of ports remains|
|➕Excellent screen||➖Only two Thunderbolt ports|
|➕Attractive new design|
Apple iMac 24-inch Review
Want a closer look at this fine computer? Check out this Apple iMac 24-inch review video:
Video credits: Max Tech/ YouTube
2. Microsoft Surface Studio 2
The best all-in-one Windows computer
CPU: Intel Core i7-7820HQ | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 – 1070 | RAM: 16GB – 32GB | Storage: 1TB-2TB SSD
Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is an incredible all-in-one best computer for editing. The marvelous 28-inch screen computer looks like something from the future that is loaded with features for everyone starting from video editors to filmmakers. You can use it as a giant drawing pad while also editing graphical videos.
It is equipped with a potent Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card and an Intel Core i7 processor, making it suitable for both video editing and gaming. It is without a doubt the appropriate PC for artists and creatives.
Yet, when you consider the cost, you might need to turn around. It is the high-end sports car in the computing industry!
|➕ Big performance improvements over the previous version||➖ Unhandy port placement|
|➕ Important contrast ratio||➖ Not upgradable|
|➕ Brighter display||➖ HDR and Thunderbolt 3 are not available|
- Our most powerful Surface yet with Intel Core i7 processors, discrete NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and SSD storage
- The strikingly large 28" PixelSense Display is a stunning touchscreen with 13.5 million pixels of true-to-life color
- Tilt the display weightlessly to work at 20 degrees down in Studio Mode or upright in Desktop Mode
- Keep creativity flowing when you draw with the improved Surface Pen and use Surface Dial* for intuitive shortcuts
- Runs intensive professional-grade software like SolidWorks,* Adobe Creative Cloud,* and Autodesk*
3. Apple iMac (24-inch 2021)
Best value computer for video editing
CPU: Apple M1 chip | Graphics: Integrated 7-core – 8-core GPU | RAM: 8GB – 16GB | Storage: up to 2TB
Our vote for the best value computer for video design in 2023 is Apple’s brand-new 24-inch iMac. Apple has improved on everything we liked about the famous all-in-one iMac.
For starters, compared to the 21.5-inch model it replaces, it now has a larger screen. Because of the 4.5K resolution, you can edit 4K videos without occupying the entire screen.
The new iMac has also undergone one of the most significant redesigns in recent years. The bezels around the screen are significantly narrower than they were previously. It also looks great, and it now comes in a variety of colors, evoking Apple’s old G3 all-in-one PCs.
For maximum performance, we recommend getting the 8-core GPU, 16GB of unified storage, and 512GB of storage.
If you need more power and speed, we recommend the iMac Pro (item 6), which offers 32GB of RAM, or for a middle ground, the iMac (item 1).
|➕ Webcam, speakers, and mic are just great||➖ Gaming experience and multitasking is better on Windows 10|
|➕ With a 24-inch screen, there is enough real estate to bounce between applications|
|➕ Powerful M1 processor available|
- Immersive 24-inch 4.5K Retina display with P3 wide color gamut and 500 nits of brightness
- Apple M1 chip delivers powerful performance with 8-core CPU and 7-core GPU
- Strikingly thin 11.5 mm design in vibrant colors
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera with M1 ISP for amazing video quality
- Studio-quality three-mic array for crystal clear calls and voice recordings
4. Mac Studio
Most powerful desktop
Mac studio is the perfect upgrade for your Mac desktop. The studio crams epic performance, broad connection, and new features into a tiny package, providing everything you need at your fingertips and transforming any room into a studio. Mac Studio offers two variances for you to choose from: the lightning-fast M1 Max or the all-new M1 Ultra.
Mac studio powered by M1 Max has the efficiency to take on any task flawlessly with a 2.4X faster CPU and 3.4X speedier GPU. With two M1 Max chips, M1 Ultra lets you run complex particle simulations in a 3D environment. M1 Ultra supports up to 18 streams of 8K resolution.
Mac Studio container is a ground-breaking thermal technology intended to allow the M1 Max or M1 Ultra to run heavy workloads while whisper-silent.
With an assortment of 12 high-performance ports situated front and rear for easy access, Mac Studio allows you to easily attach and unplug your camera, external storage, and other devices. You can connect up to four Pro Display XDRs and one 4K TV to get the whole picture. Mac Studio includes a headphone jack with expanded compatibility for high-impedance headphones and a line out for amplified speakers.
|➕Thunderbolt 4 ports provide fast external connectivity||➖RAM cannot be upgraded|
|➕It is compact|
|➕Extensive external display support|
- Apple M1 Max or M1 Ultra chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 20-core CPU packs up to 3.8x faster performance to push the boundaries of what’s possible on Mac
- Up to 64-core GPU with up to 4.5x faster performance for graphics-intensive pro workflows like 3D rendering
- Up to 32-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- Up to 128GB of unified memory makes everything you do fast and fluid
5. Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 3i
The best budget PC for video editing (all in one)
Screen: 21.5 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) | CPU: Intel Pentium| Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics.| RAM: 16 GB | Storage: up to 1TB
Finding a good video editing computer complete with a monitor, mouse, and keyboard for an affordable price is tough, which is what makes the IdeaCentre from Lenovo such a smart buy for anyone on a budget.
A 21.5-inch FullHD screen covers an impressive array of tech, including an Intel Pentium Gold 7505 Processor 2.0GHz and up to 1TB of storage for all of your work. While this computer is not suited to someone looking for a high-end computer to do professional video editing, the IdeaCentre is a great option for those starting out or hobbyists.
|➕Decent display size||➖No USB-C ports|
|➕Easy to set up|
|➕Very good performance|
- [Display]: 21.5" FHD (1920 x 1080) WVA 250nits; DVD+/-RW Optical Drive; Wireless Keyboard & Mouse.
- [Processor&Graphics]: Intel Pentium Gold 7505 Processor 2.0GHz(Up to 3.5GHz, 2C/4T, 4MB L3 Cache, 2cores); Integrated Intel UHD Graphics.
- [Memory&Storage]: Upgraded 16GB DDR4 RAM great for multi-tasking, 1TB Hard Disk Drive to allow large data storage.
- [Operating System]: Windows 11 Home; Lenovo FGI IdeaCentre AIO 3i, 21.5" FHD All-in-One Desktop.
- [Ports & Slots:]: 1 x HDMI 1.4, 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2, 1 x RJ-45 Port; 2 x M.2 slots; 802.11ac Wireless LAN+Bluetooth 5.0.
6. Dell XPS 8940
Best budget video editing computer
CPU: 10th-generation Intel Core i7 | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 | RAM: 32GB | Storage: 1TB PCIe m.2 SSD + 2TB SATA HDD
The Dell XPS Special Edition desktop PC is an excellent alternative for those on a tight budget. Even its most high-configuration models are reasonably priced, especially for videographers seeking a strong creative workstation that won’t empty their pockets.
There are plenty of connectors on both the front and rear, including a full-sized SD card slot and an easily accessible USB Type-C port on the front. There is even an optional DVD drive (upgradable to Blu-Ray) for those occasions when you need to install software from a CD or burn data/video to a disc.
|➕ Great performance||➖ Build quality is not that great|
|➕ Profoundly configurable||➖ No default SSD|
|➕ Compact size||➖ It can’t be overclocked|
7. HP Envy 34
Best video editing desktop alternative for Mac
CPU: Intel Core i7-11700 | RAM: 16GB | Storage: 1 TB SSD
The HP Envy is a perfect desktop computer for video editing, as the storage is 1 TB, so you can store more files. With the power and performance you need to keep creating, it offers an uncompromising display that offers true-to-life color. With the magnetic, detachable camera that you can move between five locations to show off your work on video, you may alter the way you cooperate.
Enjoy an ultra-fast gigabit data rate with a Wi-Fi 6, which provides high-speed data. Start editing your video with this PC for a calm and user-friendly experience.
|➕Very efficient||➖GPU is a mobile chip|
|➕ Reasonable pricing|
|➕Fast processing capability|
- DESIGNED FOR CREATORS – Perfectly express yourself and run your preferred creative software with an All-in-One Desktop that combines an amazing display with powerful performance; plus, this PC has...
- INNOVATIVE, MOVABLE CAMERA – Easily share sketches on your desk or get better angles of yourself with a detachable 16 MP binning camera, sporting both a privacy shutter and a magnetic clip (1).
- REIMAGINED DESKTOP PERFORMANCE – Experience revamped AI performance, immersive graphics, and enhanced expandability thanks to the innovative architecture of the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-11700...
- NVIDIA GRAPHICS – Gaming and streaming will never be the same as the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics with 4 GB GDDR6 dedicated memory (3) and NVIDIA Max-Q technology (4), delivers all the power you...
- WUHD IPS DISPLAY – Enjoy vibrant, true-to-life visuals on a 34-inch screen, sporting 5120 x 2160p resolution and 98% DCI-P3 (5) (6); comfortably see more of your screen thanks to its 21:9 aspect...
8. Apple iMac Pro
The best Mac for video editing
Display: 27-inch 5K Retina | CPU: 8-, 10- or 18-Core | Graphics: Vega GPU | RAM: 32GB | Storage: 1 – 4 TB
If you’ve read any of our other articles about desktop computers, you’re pretty familiar with this beast of a desktop computer, and we cannot keep from recommending it in almost every product article we publish. Yes, we know that it is ridiculously expensive, but the specs on the iMac Pro make it more than worth the money if you can afford it.
What does all that money get you? How about a gorgeous 27-inch 5K monitor that you have to see to believe, as it can easily deliver up to one billion colors making every single image is absolute best? The highest-end option comes with an 18-core processor along with storage options of either 1 or 4TB, giving you all the room you could ever need. With four Thunderbolt 3.0 ports and a 10GB Ethernet port, it has more than enough ways for you to plug in your peripherals.
|➕ Fast internal SSD||➖ No expansion slots|
|➕ Upgradable RAM||➖ No support for additional internal storage|
|➕ Quiet fans|
|➕ High-quality speakers|
- 27-inch (diagonal) 5120-by-2880 Retina 5K display
- 3.1GHz 6-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300 graphics
- Ultrafast SSD storage
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
9. HP Pavilion Desktop PC Tower
The best PC for video editing made easy
CPU: 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 | Graphics: Intel Integrated Graphics | RAM: 16 GB ddr4_sdram | Storage: 2TB
HP is a well-known manufacturer of computers that are easy for people to turn on and use, and that hasn’t changed with the Pavilion Desktop PC Tower, which makes editing video easy with powerful hardware components inside the case as well as connectivity ports to help you connect all of your devices.
While the only major downside is that the graphics card is integrated, not dedicated, however, an Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and 2TB of storage are more than enough power under the hood to perform really well when editing video.
|➕ Sleek body||➖ Short 180-watt power supply|
|➕ Great build quality|
|➕ Optical drive|
- 7th Gen Intel Core I7-7700 processor Powerful quad-core processing performance.
- 16GB system memory for advanced multitasking Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at...
- 2TB hard drive for ample file storage space Holds a significant collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies. 7200 rpm spindle speed enables rapid read/write times for...
- Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer Supports SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card formats.
- Windows 10 Operating systems,2 USB 3.0 ports maximize the latest high-speed devices Also includes 4 USB 2.0 ports to connect more accessories and peripherals.Next-generation wireless connectivity...
10. Dell Inspiron 7700
The best budget high-performance video editing computer
CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i7 | Graphics: GeForce MX330 Dedicated Graphics | RAM: 32GB | Storage: 1TB SSD
When you see that the CPU of a desktop computer is made by Intel, you should know that the company is known for offering the maximum number of cores on their processors and that remains true with the Inspiron 7700 from Dell which is powered by the Intel Core i7.
This best computer for editing is perfect for editing videos and handling multiple demands with 32 GB of RAM, along with 1TB SSD of hard drive space for all of your data. A dedicated GeForce MX330 graphics card can help the tower present all of your videos in the best resolution that they can be in.
|➕Good performance||➖Height of the display cannot be adjusted|
- Memory & Storage 32GB DDR4 RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. 1TB SSD provides fast bootup, ample storage space and speedy data transfer
- Powerful Computing 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 (12 MB cache, 4 cores, 8 threads, up to 4.70 GHz Max Turbo frequency) with NVIDIA GeForce MX330 Dedicated Graphics
- Crystal Clear Visual 27-inch FHD 1080p (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare narrow border touch display with wide viewing angle
- Tech Specs 1 RJ-45 10/100/1000, 1 USB 2.0 with Power on/Wake-up support, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 USB 3.1 with Power on/Wake-up support, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 with PowerShare, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 1...
- Operating System Windows 11 Home 64-bit - ideal option for daily office work, family entertainment, online class, remote learning, video meeting and conference, etc
11. ASUS ROG Strix GL10
The best PC for video editing and game playing
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5| Graphics: Nvidia Ge Force Gtx 1660| RAM: 8 GB | Storage: 256GB PCIe SSD+1TB HDD
While it is easily marketed to the PC gaming crowd, the ROG Strix GL 10 supports processors up to the 6-core and houses an Nvidia Ge Force Gtx 1660. It is built for expansion, so you can equip the ROG with up to 8 GB of RAM and it comes with a 256GB PCIe SSD+1TB HDD, which is more than enough room for any of your video files or any PC games you play in your downtime.
|➕Impressive cooling solution||➖Low RAM|
|➕ Decent gaming performance|
- 【Esports Ready Gaming Desktop】Whether you are playing the latest games, designing the next skyscraper, or crunching data, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X processors offering 6 cores (12 threads) and 4.4 GHz Max...
- 【Up Your Creative Game】The GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6GB GDDR6) is built with the breakthrough graphics performance of the award-winning Turing architecture. It’s a supercharger for today’s most...
- 【Powerful Air Cooling】Comprehensive cooling enables the high-level processor performance required for serious gaming and work. The multi-zone chassis keeps the CPU, graphics card, and power supply...
- 【Personalize To Perfection】Creating the perfect gaming experience demands deep and detailed personalization options. Show off your style in brilliant color across a whole environment of Aura...
- 【Multiple Ports Available】Extend your gaming desktop to other external devices easily. 8 x USB-A; 1 x HDMI (on the motherboard); 2 x HDMI (on the graphics card); 2 x DisplayPort (on the graphics...
12. Acer Aspire C27-1655-UA93 AIO Desktop
Best all-in-one video editing computer
Processor: 11 Gen Intel Core i7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX330 | Storage: 512 GB SSD, 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage |
When it comes to sleek and powerful computers for video edits, the Acer Aspire C27 is a great option. With a 27.0″ Full HD Widescreen IPS LED Backlit screen, this computer delivers vivid colors. Aside from that, it also has great color accuracy at varied angles.
This system comes with a 512 GB SSD and a 1TB OneDrive cloud memory, so you’ll have ample storage space for all your edits. The Nvidia GeForce MX330 comes with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM and fast Wi-Fi 6 helps ensure you work efficiently.
For the whole package in a sleek build, the Acer Aspire C27 is one of the best video computers out there.
|➕Capable of powerful processing||➖The audio is underwhelming|
|➕Comes with an IPS LED-backlit screen for vivid colors||➖ The webcam clarity needs improvement|
|➕ Easy to set up|
|➕Light and compact build|
- SLIM. PREMIUM. STUNNING: This premium AIO PC pair’s unmatched speed with Windows 10 Pro for daily productivity. Enjoy crisp colors that this cool, Full HD PC delivers. It features an Intel Core i7...
- Breaking the boundaries of performance with the Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor - up to 4.7GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 12MB Intel Smart Cache ; NVIDIA GeForce MX330 with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 27.0" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED Back-lit Screen ; 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory ; 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD ; 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology ; Bluetooth 5.2 ; 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 12-month auto-renewing subscription, plus get 3 extra months free for a total of 15-months with your device purchase
13. HP OMEN
The best windows PC for video editing
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Up to 4.4GHz | RAM: 1TB HHD+512GB PCIe NVMe SSD | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | Storage: 16 GB
If you look at other reviews of the HP Omen, you’ll notice that many describe it as an absolute beast. Hardware-wise, it’s HP’s answer to the iMac Pro, and it’s not at all hard to see why it gets such high recommendations.
It is powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X powerful processor along with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and a 1 TB HHD+512GB PCIe NVMe SSD that can give you tons of room for all of your video projects. With the large RAM capacity, multitasking and editing 4K video are made even easier, so this is one desktop that is best for someone who wants a powerful video editing computer at a good price.
|➕Impressive battery life||➖The lid is prone to flexing|
|➕Impressive thermal performance||➖Speakers are average|
- 【RTX 3060 12GB Graphics】NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB Graphics
- 【AMD Ryzen 7 3700X】AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor, 8-core, 3.60 GHz base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz with Max Boost
- 【High Speed and Multitasking】HyperX Fury 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz 288-pin XMP RAM memory (2 x 8 GB, expandable to 32 GB, 2 x 16)
- 【Enormous Storage】1 TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive & 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive (Slots: 1 occupied PCI-E Gen 3 x 16, 2 occupied M.2, 2 available internal 3.5" HDD)
- 【Slots and OS】 Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Realtek Wi-Fi 5 & Bluetooth 5, 3.5mm Headphone/Microphone Combo, Microphone jack, 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A (top), 5 SuperSpeed USB Type-A (rear), 2 USB 2.0...
14. CYBERPOWERPC Supreme Liquid Cool
The best power for your buck
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070| Storage:1TB NVMe SSD
A high-end, affordable machine from the folks at CyberPowerPC. This beast boasts some powerful specs including an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 16 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 8GB Video Card which will make your video editing process simple. The RGB tempered glass side panel also is a unique feature that adds a unique aesthetic. You won’t be disappointed with this highly-rated machine.
|➕Speedy SSD||➖Very heavy|
|➕Plenty of storage||➖ Fan is loud|
|➕ Strong processor||➖ Runs hot|
- System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7GHz 12-Core | AMD B550 Chipset | 16GB DDR4 | 1TB PCI-E NVMe SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 8GB Video Card | 1x HDMI | 2x DisplayPort
- Connectivity: 6 x USB 3.1 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 802.11AC Wi-Fi | Audio: 7.1 Channel | Keyboard and mouse
- Special feature: Liquid cool CPU | Tempered glass side case panel | Custom RGB case lighting | USB Gaming Keyboard | RGB 7 colors gaming mouse
- 1 year parts & labor | Free lifetime tech support
15. Dell Alienware Aurora R12
A Flagship PC for Creatives
CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700F | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 | RAM: 256GB PCIe SSD | Storage: 16 GB
The Alienware Aurora R12 is a great upgrade from R11 as it comes with a better on-fire processor. The excellent build quality and graphics performance of the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 makes this flagship gaming PC a fantastic pick for gamers. For streaming and content creation, it is a good choice, as an Intel and NVIDIA combination works reasonably well. However, many creatives prefer AMD chips for editing and designing. For the price, it is definitely worth the investment.
|➕ Splendid Nvidia graphics cards||➖ High-end specs are expensive|
|➕ The processor is good for gaming|
|➕ Impressive support and service options|
- 11th Gen Intel Core-i7 11700F (16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz, 8-core)|NVIDI.A GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
- 16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming, DDR4, 3200 megahertz Memory,256GB Solid State Drive Capacity (SSD)
- Front Ports:1. (2x) Type-A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports | 2. Type-A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports with Powershare technology | 3. Type-C USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port with Powershare technology | 4. Headphone/Line Out | 5....
- Rear Ports :1×HDMI,3×Display Port,6. SPDIF Digital Output (Coax) | 7. SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK) | 8. RJ-45 Killer E3100G Gigabit Ethernet | 9. (6x) Type-A USB 2.0 Ports | 10. Type-C USB 3.2 Gen...
- Win11 Pro Operating System , Lunar Light, Air Cooling System, Multi-Media Keyboard, Optical Mouse,1 week AimCare Support
16. HP 27 Pavilion AiO All-in-One
Best compact video editing computer for affordability
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700T | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti | RAM: 16 GB | Storage: 1TB SSD NVMe, 1TB HDD SATA
When it comes to stylish video editing computers, the HP 27 Pavilion AIO is a compact and aesthetically pleasing option. Although the 16GB RAM is not as suited for heavy-duty video editing work, you can upgrade it to 32GB.
The screen has micro-edges, meaning you can get the most out of the display. Also, this one comes with a pop-up camera to ensure privacy.
That said, this computer only has a UHD Graphics 770 card, which is better than the previous version. While it is not the most powerful system, this video editing computer is one of the best compact models out there.
|➕ Compact and sleek design||➖ GPU is lacking|
|➕ Comes with a touchscreen|
|➕ Great value for money|
- HP Pavilion All-in-One 27" FHD touch Intel Core i7-12700T Snowflake white, natural silver stand Windows 11 Home, 1-year limited hardware warranty
- 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB), 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
- Graphics Integrated: Intel UHD Graphics 770, Discrete: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated) FHD (1920 x 1080), touch, IPS, three-sided micro-edge, glossy, 300 nits, 72% NTSC
- Rear:1 Super Speed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 USB 2.0 Type-A; 1 RJ-45, Side:1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (Battery Charging 1.2); 1...
- HP True Vision 5 MP IR privacy camera with temporal noise reduction, Audio by B&O; Dual 4 W speakers, HP 710 White Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo
17. CORSAIR ONE PRO a200
A Dream Computer for Content Creators
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 | Graphics: Nvidia Ge Force Rtx 3080 | RAM: 64 GB | Storage: 2 TB SSD
Corsair One Pro a200 is the most powerful model. With a powerful AMD processor and legendary Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU, it is a dream computer for gamers and graphic designers. The storage, ports, and vertical cooling are all in perfect order to deliver an amazing experience. The classy and stylish design with customizable lighting and whisper-quiet operation makes this a perfect pick for users looking to get a mix of style and performance at a reasonable price.
|➕ Compact and powerful||➖ It has limited upgrade potential|
|➕ Attractive design|
- The CORSAIR ONE PRO packs all the rendering, encoding, and creative power of a workstation-class PC into a gorgeous and quiet small-form-factor that takes up less desk space than a laptop.
- An AMD Ryzen 9 5950X processor with 16 cores makes for incredibly fast multi-threaded processing, so you can get more done, faster than ever.
- Accelerate your rendering, design, and visualization with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card powered by CUDA and real-time ray tracing technology.
- 64GB Dual-channel CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 high-performance memory provides the speed and capacity to handle the most demanding content creation tasks.
- A patented convection-assisted liquid cooling system minimizes CPU and graphics card temperatures, achieving faster performance without excessive fan noise.
18. Lenovo Legion Tower 5i
A Powerful PC for Video Editing
CPU: 11th Generation Intel i5-11400 6-Core | Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1650 | RAM Memory: 16 GB| Storage: 512 GB
The Lenovo Legion Tower 5i is an excellent video editing PC with excellent value for money.
It features strong Intel 11th-generation processors and an NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super graphics card. This modern GPU delivers modern gaming and does most video editing tasks without pushing this video editing PC into prohibitively expensive territory.
|➕ Great gaming performance||➖ No webcam|
|➕ Impressive cooling solution|
|➕ Built-in wifi|
- 【Upgraded】 Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. No Display ; 802.11ax Wifi, Bluetooth 5.2, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), No Webcam, Wired Keyboard, .
- 【Powerful Performance with Intel Core i5-11400 Hexa Core】 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11400 2.60GHz Processor (upto 4.4 GHz, 12MB Cache, 6-Cores, 12-Threads, ) ; NVIDIA GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6...
- 【High Speed and Multitasking】 16GB DDR4 DIMM; 400W Power Supply, Air Cooling CPU Cooler; Raven Black Color, .
- 【Enormous Storage】 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD; 4 USB 3.2 Gen1, 2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 2 Display Port (DP), USB 3.2 Type-C Gen2, No Optical Drive, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack., Windows 11 Home-64., 1...
- Includes Dockztorm USB Hub(Special Edition Portable Docztorm Data Hub;Super Speedy Data Syn Rate upto 5Gbps)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a gaming computer for video editing?
Well, gaming computers are often equipped with a powerful GPU. If it's a mediocre gaming laptop, it won't be good for editing 4K videos as it lacks a high-performing CPU. So, if you have a gaming computer with high-end specifications (GPU, CPU, and storage), you can flawlessly edit videos.
Must-have specifications for a video editing computer?
- RAM - 8 GB
- Processor - Multi-Core Intel i5 (4 or more cores)
- Storage - 256 GB, 7200 RPM
- Graphics Card - NVIDIA/AMD 2 GB
- OS - Windows 7, Mac OS, Linux
These are some must-have specifications for a video editing computer.
What is the best video editing computer?
Apple iMac and Dell XPS 27 AIO are the best video editing computers, preferred by professional graphic designers and creatives. With crystal clear resolution and powerful specifications, these two computers clearly deliver an amazing editing experience on both online and offline editing projects.
How much does a video editing computer cost?
Depending on the software you will be using and the videos you want to edit, a video editing computer can start from $479 and can go to $1500+. There is a wide range of choices out there from Apple iMac to Dell, HP, and Lenovo that you can consider as per your requirements.
What is important for a video-editing PC?
Whether you are configuring your own PC or buying one, you need to consider a few important things. These include a good SSD, high-resolution display, fast and power-packed CPU+GPU, and good RAM (8 GB minimum). As per the videos you want to edit, you can choose a high-quality screen that has top-notch color accuracy.
How much RAM do I need to edit a 4K video?
The minimum RAM required to edit a 4K video is 32 GB. Many graphic designers recommend a RAM of 64 GB or more for 4K and 6K editing to get a better and smooth editing experience.
Does SSD help in video editing?
For simple HD video editing, an HDD is fine. But when you want to edit 4k or 6K videos, an SSD is a must. It is because an SSD increases the speed of editing and rendering, providing you a lag-free experience.
Which CPU is better for video editing?
The Intel Core i9-9900K and AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X are the best budget CPU for video editing. However, if you are looking for the very best and budget is not a constraint, you can go for AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X.
Choosing the Best Computer for Your Needs
I hope my list of The Best Computers for Video Editing gives you a brief idea of what you are looking for to choose from the best options available around for your video editing work. Making sure that whichever one you choose meets the needs you have is what matters most.
Do you have a computer for video editing that you love, but it’s not on your list? Let us know more in the comments below.
Top Video Gear
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best budget laptops for designers
More Top Gear for Designers
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best Huion tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best phones for designers & creatives