Charging your device wirelessly is an ingenious invention when you think about it.
Simply placing your smartphone or smart device on a pad to let electricity flow through the grid in the charger and into your device while you sleep must have seemed like something out of Star Trek even a decade ago.
While using a wireless charger is incredibly simple, picking the one that is best for your needs can be challenging. Options such as design, power level, and form factor can affect the effectiveness of the charging device.
With so many options out there, we wanted to focus on the best wireless chargers for smartphones & smart devices and wanted to start by taking a look at some things to consider before buying a wireless charger.
The Best Wireless Chargers for Smart Phones & Devices
Most of these wireless chargers are compatible with Apple and Android devices including iPhones, Apple Watch, and iPads.
- Belkin Wireless Charging Dock — The best dock for iPhone and Apple Watch owners (Editor’s Choice)
- Anker PowerWave Pad — An amazingly affordable wireless charger
- Chargeasap Zeus 270W GaN USB-C Charger — The World’s first and smallest 270W charger
- Samsung Fast Charging Station — A stand-up charger with a unique design
- Mophie Power Station Wireless XL — The most versatile portable wireless charger
- Mophie Wireless Charge Pad — The best wireless charger for iPhone
- Belkin BoostCharge Wireless Charging Pad — The best wireless charger for Qi-enabled devices
- Apple MagSafe charger — The best wireless charger for Apple devices
- Logitech Powered 3-in-1 dock — The best 3-in-1 wireless dock
- Twelve South PowerPic Mod Wireless Charger — The best multi-position wireless charger
You may also want to check out the best power banks.
Best Wireless Charger Comparison Table
The Best Wireless Chargers for iPhone, Android, Apple Watch
1. Belkin Wireless Charging Dock (Editor’s Choice)
The best dock for iPhone and Apple Watch owners
Maximum wattage: 7.5W (phone)
Many people who own an iPhone will more than likely also own an Apple Watch because of the connectivity between the two that keeps iPhone users from having to carry it around all the time. With this added peripheral, comes another battery to charge.
Now you could have two separate chargers for these and that’s fine but allow us to recommend the Wireless Charging Dock from Belkin.
Most other chargers can’t service the Apple Watch, making this item a rarity. An upright phone stand charges your phone while a circular watch nub, reminiscent of the charging nub that comes with your watch, plus the magnet that clips the watch into place.
If you’re looking for a faster charger, you may want to look elsewhere, especially if you own an Android phone. If you already own an Apple Watch, you likely have an iPhone and this is a great charger for both of them.
|➕ Steady and reliable charging||➖ Stops charging with moderate movement|
|➕ No overheating issues||➖ Adapter not provided|
|➕ Convenient to use|
|➕ Apple Watch compatible|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- WIRELESS CHARGING: This Belkin magnetic wireless charger stand is compatible with the Apple iPhone 14, 13, and 12 Series creating a three-device charging station all from a single AC outlet
- FAST CHARGE: Charge your devices fast with this 3-in-1 Belkin wireless charging station. At up to 7.5W, you will achieve a fast charging speed for iPhone 14, 13, 12, and more and a 5W for Apple Watch...
- 3-IN-1 CHARGER: Power your apple ecosystem with this Belkin 3-in-1 Wireless iPhone and Apple Watch Charger. It is the perfect charging station for multiple Apple devices, including iPhone 14, 13 and...
- QI TECHNOLOGY: This wireless charging station uses Qi technology which is a wireless technology that uses inductive charging. Even with one hand, the embedded magnetic design allows you to easily...
- NIGHTSTAND MODE: The dock’s Magnetic Charging Module fast charges your Apple Watch and supports Nightstand mode. By holding your Apple Watch at the optimal viewing angle, it enables you to use the...
An amazingly affordable wireless charger
Maximum wattage: 10W
Even though having a wireless charger is a great way to charge your phone, when you’re on the road having a backup in case something happens is important. Spending a lot on a backup charger is necessary with the PowerWave Pad from Anker.
While this version doesn’t come with an AC adapter, the price is too good not to consider it. While the speed that it powers up your phone is pretty impressive for the price.
All in all, the PowerWave Pad is aiming to provide consumers with a basic wireless charger at a very affordable price making it an excellent choice as a backup charger.
|➕ Large area to place phone correctly||➖ Wall adapter not included|
|➕ 10W charging capability on supported phones||➖ Silicone-covered pad attracts dust|
|➕ Works well with many phone cases|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The Anker Advantage: Enjoyed by over 50 million users worldwide, our leading technology will change the way you charge.
- Complete Charging Convenience: Instantly charge your phone or earbuds simply by placing them in the center of PowerWave Pad. Never fuss around with plugging and unplugging cables again, just set down...
- Universal Compatibility: PowerWave Pad provides 10W output for Samsung Galaxy, 7.5W for iPhone, and 5W for other phones or wireless earbuds (including AirPods).
- Through-Case Charging: Don't fumble with your phone case. PowerWave charges directly through protective cases up to 5 mm thick (not including cases with magnetic or metal attachments).
- What You Get: Anker 313 Wireless Charger (Pad) / PowerWave Pad, 4 ft Micro USB Cable, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
The World’s first and smallest 270W charger
Maximum wattage: 270W
We always worry about what to carry while traveling and our biggest concern is that it should not take up much space. However, extra charging blocks and power supplies are essentials to carry while traveling.
In search of a solution to eliminating these charging blocks and power supplies, we surfed the internet and found you the best and the world’s first and smallest charger. Chargeasap Zeus 270W GaN USB-C Charger is far more than amazing because it can charge up to four devices simultaneously.
The very first thing that caught our eyes was its size. Though it is slightly thicker, it is short. If you are an Apple product user, you will love this because its glossy white color perfectly fits any of your gadgets.
Worried about the ports? Not anymore because the Chargeasap Zeus 270W GaN USB-C Charger comes with four ports (3 USB-C and 1 USB-A).
Not to mention the amazing performance and we very much liked it because it is a great travel companion. We say so because Zeus can manage all the power we’ll need for our laptops and phone. Instead of carrying a separate charger for everything, this Zeus frees up a lot of space in our backpack.
The only downside we felt was that it is a bit pricey compared to other chargers. However, if you are focused on the performance and convenience of carrying it around, it is worth the price.
This is an amazing choice if you wish to carry a pocketful of power for your next camping or business trip.
|➕ USB-C charging||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Compact and Portable|
|➕ Plenty of power|
A stand-up charger with a unique design
Maximum wattage: 10W
While there are a lot of different options out there for a wireless charging stand so you can still use your phone while it charges, very few have a unique design like the Fast Charge Charging Pad from Samsung.
Along with its unique design, the stand has cooling technology inside of it so it doesn’t overheat your phone and can easily reach some pretty impressive high charging speeds with a maximum of 10 watts.
To add to its uniqueness, the pad is also available in different colors. It comes in white, grey, and black so you can match the device to your surroundings or your phone.
|➕ Good charging speed for fast charge devices||➖ Some Samsung-only features available|
|➕ Nice and compact build||➖ Slower than wired charging|
|➕ LED status lights|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Supports wireless charging on all Qi universal standard smartphones. Qi certified by wireless power Consortium (WPC). Qi certified for Tested and safe wireless charging
- Control fan and LED light with your phone by powering on/off using your Galaxy phone.
- Us version includes: 1 year manufacturer warranty and wall charger
- Fast Charge Compatibility-Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, Note10, Note10+, Note9, S9, S9+, Note8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+
The most versatile portable wireless charger
Maximum wattage: 5W
While being able to use a wireless charger is a great option, being able to take it with you wherever you go is an even better one. That’s what the PowerStation wireless XXL 10K Battery from Mophie offers.
As part wireless charger, part power bank, you can toss this 20,000mAh battery pack into your bag, take it with you and when your phone needs a charge, simply place the device on top to charge it, without plugging the battery pack in.
When you have more than one device that needs charging but doesn’t work wirelessly, simply plug in a cable to the device. While the charging speeds aren’t lightning-fast, the ability to charge multiple devices on the go makes the PowerStation the most versatile option on our list.
|➕ Extremely portable||➖ Doesn’t support non-Apple devices|
|➕ Fast lightning input||➖ Costlier than competitors|
|➕ Multi-device charging capability|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Qi-enabled wireless charging conveniently charge your Qi-enabled smartphone without the need to fuss with cables.
- 10, 000mAh portable battery PowerStation wireless portable batteries can extend the life of your iPhone up to 48 hours when charged through the USB port.
- Charges through lightweight cases PowerStation wireless portable batteries can deliver a charge through cases up to 3mm thick.
- Priorityplus Charging charges your wireless smartphone before the PowerStation starts to recharge itself
- CER-0294 CERT_PWRSTION-WRLS-10K_ETL
The best wireless charger for iPhone
Maximum wattage: 10W
Optimized for iPhone with 7.5 Watts of power to provide you with a fast-charging speed, the Mophie Wireless Charge Pad has a rubbery grip surface so your phone won’t slip off. While Mophie is known for its high-quality charging products, getting a seal of approval from Apple only adds to its credibility.
Even though it’s optimized for your iPhone, any of your colleagues who use Android phones can still get a quick charge thanks to the Qi wireless charging technology that it uses.
If you own an iPhone and are tired of fumbling around for wires to charge your phone, you owe it to yourself to give the Wireless Charge Pad from Mophie a try.
|➕ Fast charging-speed||➖ More expensive than most competitors|
|➕ Anti-slip grip|
|➕ USB-A support on the back|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- QI-COMPATIBLE UNVERSAL CHARGING PAD - Designed to work seamlessly with the latest Qi technology, the mophie Charge Stream Pad+ delivers a safe, reliable 10W charge to Qi-enabled smartphones. It...
- 10W FAST WIRELESS CHARGING - Delivers 7.5W fast charging to your iPhone and up to 10W to other Qi enabled devices. It can even charge through lightweight phone cases up to 3mm thick, so there’s no...
- NON-SLIP, RUBBERIZED GRIP - The Charge Stream Pad+ is a great portable device with a non-slip ring and a TPU coated surface that protects your device from scratches. It also ensures that your mobile...
- SAY GOODBYE TO MESSY CABLES - The days of rummaging for a charging cable and camping by a wall outlet are over. The compact, circular charging pad is all you need to keep your favorite devices fully...
- COMPATIBLE AND SAFE - mophie’s wireless products are optimized with overcharge-protection and foreign object detection to ensure safe and harmless charge. With up to 10W of power, our devices charge...
The best wireless charger for Qi-enabled devices
Maximum wattage: 15W
The Belkin BoostCharge 15W wireless charger is the stuff of dreams for gadget lovers. Coming in with a maximum wattage of 15W for Qi-enabled devices, the Belkin BoostCharge covers some of the top smartphone models, making it no less versatile than Mophie Power Station Wireless XXL.
The charger includes a 24W Quick Charge 3.0 power supply unit and LED light indicators for the charging status. The non-slip charging pad is engineered to work with lightweight plastic cases up to 3mm thick, enabling charging without removing the case.
If you own multiple Qi-enabled devices, you should give the Belkin BoostCharge a shot.
|➕ Use with phone cases||➖ Only compatible with newer phones|
|➕ Non-slip charging pad|
|➕ Versatile charging pad|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The Belkin Difference: #1 third party maker of wireless charging accessories
- Fast wireless charging up to 15 W for Qi enabled devices, including iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel and more*
- Simplify and unclutter your workspace with the convenience of wireless charging
- Charges through lightweight plastic cases up to 3 mm
- Designed for Qi enabled devices, including iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini, SE, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Pixel 4, 4XL, AirPods, and...
The best wireless charger for Apple devices
Maximum wattage: 15 watts
Make your wireless charging easy with the Apple MagSafe charger for your Apple devices. This charger comes with magnets for your phone to snap them together and charge the device.
You can charge up to 15W or above if you have a charging plug on the other end. This is faster than basic Qi wireless charging and remains a convenient model for your requirements. You may charge your AirPods or AirPods Pro with this case.
This MagSafe charger has magnets that align to apply only to iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 Pro models. This wireless charger includes a USB-C integrated cable, and it is best to use a 20W adapter which you should purchase separately.
|➕ Magnetic design is easy to use||➖ Limited to only a few devices|
|➕ It also supports 15W charging||➖ Adapter of 20W should be brought separately|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- The MagSafe Charger makes wireless charging a snap. The perfectly aligned magnets attach to your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 12, and iPhone 12 Pro and provide faster wireless charging up to 15W.
- The MagSafe Charger maintains compatibility with Qi charging, so it can be used to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later, as well as AirPods models with a wireless charging case, as you would with...
- The magnetic alignment experience only applies to iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro models.
- This wireless charger has a USB-C integrated cable (1 m)
- Recommended: 20W USB-C Power Adapter (sold separately)
The best 3-in-1 wireless dock
Maximum wattage: 7.5 watts
If you are looking for a 3-in-1 dock, then this Logitech Powered 3-in-1 dock is an ideal choice for a wireless charger. It is compatible with iPhone, AirPods or AirPods Pro, Apple Watch, and Android devices. You may also use all three at once which enables you to charge all your devices.
The Logitech Powered 3-in-1 Dock supports charging for iPhones and 10W wireless charging for Android phones with 7.5W. The design looks bulky when compared with other wireless chargers, yet it doesn’t take up much space. It also eliminates the need for three separate chargers for your smart devices.
It features a design that shows that your device is charging with the glowing light on the side of the dock. This dock works with the cases on the phone as well, including cases that are 3mm thick or thinner.
The stand of this Logitech Powered 3-in-1 Dock’s design makes it easy for the phone to stand while charging. It can also act as a stand while you are making Facetime or video calls with your loved ones.
|➕ Able to charge all 3 devices at once.||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Can also use as a phone stand|
|➕ It will support a 7.5W iPhone charging|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- includes stand and AC adapter with 5-foot cable
The best multi-position wireless charger
Maximum wattage: 10 watts
This PowerPic Mod Wireless Charger is ideal for both Android and Apple devices. This charger comes inside a clear acrylic resin to give a classy and elegant look. You can also use this charging dock as a photo frame when you are not using it for charging.
It is suitable for a multi-position charging frame which enables you to charge vertically and horizontally. It comes with a thick acrylic borderless frame which allows you to tailor it to your style.
PowerPic has various device charging options, which allow you to charge Android phones, iPhones, and AirPods Pro. It is also capable of charging even with cases that are up to 3mm thicker and thinner. However, it is best to use a 20W USB-C power adapter which you may buy separately.
|➕ Multi-position charging frame.||➖ It does not indicate it is charging.|
|➕ It has no Boundaries which enables you to charge quickly even if the phone is bigger.|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- MULTI-POSITION TO FIT YOUR SPACE: PowerPic mod's unique charging frame can be positioned vertically or horizontally on the included stand.Compatible devices:Smartwatches.Special Feature:Magnetic
- COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE: Beautiful, thick, acrylic borderless frame is a blank canvas that can be tailored to your style. You can showcase a bold print, wallpaper to match your walls, your favorite...
- DEVICE CHARGING OPTIONS : Wireless charging phones, iPhones and AirPods Pro can all be charged on PowerPic. PowerPic is compatible with most cases up to 3mm thick and can charge phones vertically or...
- NO BOUNDARIES: PowerPic mod's magnetic frame has no edges so your phone can charge easily - big or small
- Whats in the box: PowerPic Arcylic Magnetic Frame with 10W Qi Charger, Frame Stand, USB-C cable
Wireless Charger Buying Guide
Buying a wireless charger sounds like an easy process but choosing the wrong one can affect the device’s charging capabilities. To help, we wanted to look at some things to consider before purchasing so that you have all of the information you need going in.
Watts the big deal?
The first item on our list is also the one that can make things a bit tricky, This is because the type of phone you have and its power compatibility can have a major effect on how efficiently and fast a wireless charger powers up your phone.
The fastest-charging wireless phones can handle 10 watts, which will allow your phone to recharge in about three hours, although it can vary.
To get the fastest wireless charger for your phone, 10 watts is generally all you need. This is especially true for phones like the Pixel 3 and the Samsung Galaxy line of phones.
iPhones are currently capped at 7.5-watt wireless charging so buying a future-proof charger is a great idea.
Choose a design
Wireless chargers are available in two different designs. The first is a pad that lays flat on a table or your desk. The second option is a stand design that holds your phone at a semi-upright angle which still lets you see the screen.
While everyone will have their preference between the two, both can be good options even if you have one at home and one at the office. For many people, being able to see the screen without picking up the phone while its charging can be what helps them decide.
Choose a brand
While it’s become increasingly common for phone manufacturers to make their own wireless chargers, the brand you choose isn’t as important as the company’s reputation. Some of the bigger names include Mophie, Belkin, and Anker.
There are times when buying a first-party charger can be beneficial. For example, the Pixel Stand will turn your phone into a digital photo frame and makeshift alarm clock.
Pick a charger-compatible case
Like first-party chargers, phone manufacturers have started making phone cases for them to work properly with wireless charging pads.
Some companies, like Belkin, put out guidelines on their product pages that indicate the qualities that could prevent a wireless charger case from charging your phone correctly.
What about portable chargers?
When you’re carrying your gadgets around, having a portable battery pack is essential. There are some great wireless options out there and being able to charge your device wirelessly when you either forget or lose your charging cable but charging this way is slow and inefficient.
This means that using a wireless battery pack isn’t always the best option if you need to give your device a quick charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
How bad is wireless charging for your phone?
Wireless chargers stop transmitting power once the device is fully charged. However, this doesn’t mean that wireless chargers do not harm your phone. When charging your phone for a long period using a wireless charger, the heat produced by the charger may still hurt your device.
Can I charge my phone overnight using a wireless charger?
Samsung does not recommend overnight wireless charging of your phone. There have been reports that when the charge drops to 99%, it requires more energy to reach the 100% mark. Otherwise, there is no significant impact from charging your phone overnight using a wireless charger.
Which one is faster - wired or wireless charging?
Typically, wired charging is faster and more efficient than wireless charging. While a wired phone charger could charge a smartphone in close to 90 mins, a wireless charger takes double the time, thus consuming more power to charge the device fully.
Best Wireless Charger for Smartphones and Devices Summary
There are innumerable wireless chargers available in the market for smartphones and other devices. However, the products mentioned above are our top picks of all of them. These chargers are one of a kind, be it in versatility, or design, or ease on pocket, or the quality.
So which wireless charger should you pick? Well, this solely depends on your device and needs. If you own an iPhone, chances are you might also have the Apple Gear, in which case, you shall go for the Belkin charging dock.
Similarly, if you are looking for a budget wireless charger, Anker is the right one for you. We’re confident that you can find a product on this list that will meet your basic requirements for a wireless charger.
Being able to charge anything wirelessly these days is amazing. So amazing that the idea of wired chargers may soon become a thing of the past.
With our list of the best wireless chargers for creatives, maybe we have convinced you to ditch the cord and pick up a wireless charger to keep your devices running at full charge.
Do you have a wireless charger that you take with you everywhere? Is it not on our list? Let us know about it in the comments below.
More Top Gear