Halo asked the Twitter strategy universe for the top brand strategy market research tools and these were the insights found.
We present to you the ultimate list of brand strategy market research tools to help with your brand research, including market strategy, audience research, organisation research, finance research, statistics, news, trends, IP lawyers events and more.
100+ Brand Strategy Market Research Tools
- Statista – Find statistics, consumer survey results and industry studies from over 22500 sources on over 60000 topics on the internet’s leading statistics database.
- Think With Google – Industry trends, research and insights across the marketing industry.
- Mintel – Mintel is a global and award-winning provider of Market Research. We deliver top-class data, Market research, trends & insights to impact your business.
- Euromonitor International – Euromonitor is the world’s leading independent provider of strategic market research. Get data & analysis on thousands of products & services globally.
- WARC – We provide the latest evidence, expertise and guidance to make marketers more effective – search now on any marketing issue.
- GFK (Growth From Knowledge) – AI-powered intelligence platform and consulting service for the consumer products industry, globally.
- Similarweb – SimilarWeb is a website that provides web analytics services for businesses.
- Ubersuggest – Ubersuggest allows you to get insight into the strategies that are working for others in your market so you can adopt them, improve them, and gain an edge.
- LocalFalcon – Find any local ranking on the map, across an entire city. Local Falcon is the best local rank tracker to compare search results.
- YouGov – YouGov is a global public opinion and data company. Explore what the world thinks, discover our solutions, and join our community to share your opinion.
- Censuswide – Censuswide is a global insight-driven research company, with screened panels in dozens of countries and bases in London, Brighton, Scotland and Dubai.
- Kantar – Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. Discover how we help clients understand people and inspire growth
- Canvas8 – Canvas8 is the leading consumer behaviour insights consultancy in the UK offering expert analysis on the latest consumer trends.
- Forrester – Forrester helps organizations grow through customer obsession.
- Dunnhumby – Dunnhumby, global leader in Customer Data Science, experts in working with brands, grocery retail, retail pharmacy, and retailer financial services.
- Gartner Consumer and Culture Insights (formerly Iconoculture)- Consumer & culture insights.
- GlobalWebIndex – GlobalWebIndex is a market research SaaS company founded by Tom Smith in 2009 that provides audience insight to publishers, media agencies and marketers around the world.
- Answer The Public – A keyword tool that visualizes search questions and suggested autocomplete searches in an image called a search cloud.
- British Social Attitudes – The world-renowned British Social Attitudes Survey was founded in 1983 to provide a trustworthy measure of public opinion.
- Understanding Society – Understanding Society is an academic study capturing information every year about the social and economic circumstances and attitudes of people living in the UK.
- Brandwatch – Get Instant Access To Customer Conversations & Reveal Key Consumer Insights.
- Pulsar – An advanced audience analysis and social listening platform, delivering audience insights & marketing personalization strategy to dynamic brands & agencies.
- Sprout Social – Form real connections with those who love your brand through the power of Sprout Social. See our social media management software solutions in action.
- VideoAsk – VideoAsk allows you to have asynchronous video conversations with your customers. Just fire up VideoAsk, push the record button, ask a question, and share your link.
- JotForm Survey Maker – Create engaging surveys with free templates to reach out to your audience and track your collected data with analytics.
- Typeform – Build beautiful, interactive forms — get more responses.
- TGI (Kantar) – Enables advertisers, agencies, media owners and publishers to identify, target and reach their key consumer audiences.
- Nomis (ONS) – Provided by the Office for National Statistics, ONS, to give you free access to the most detailed and up-to-date UK labour market statistics from official sources.
- CACI – Solutions to make the best possible location planning and customer targeting decisions.
- Mosaic (Experian) – Consumer classification for consistent cross-channel marketing
General Tips & Hints
- Client – Ask the client for any research they have done in the last 5 years. You’d be surprised how much useful research they already have.
- Client – Read the client most recent Annual Report and Financial Reports.
- Google – Often googling subject with addition of “report” brings up useful category stuff.
- Google – Google subjects and topics with filetype:pdf often and find ever so often some goodies.
- Marketing Dictionary – MASB, the Marketing Accountability Standards Board, is proud to present the Common Language Marketing Dictionary, a free educational resource for students, educators and marketing practitioners.
- Reddit – Reddit is a network of communities based on people’s interests.
- Outside – Go out and talk to, and listen to, people – barbers, cab drivers, parents, people who live out of the city, comedians, etc
Organisation & Think Tank
- Resolution Foundation – The Resolution Foundation is an independent think-tank focused on improving the living standards for those on low to middle incomes.
- Brookings – The Brookings Institution, often referred to simply as Brookings, is an American research group founded in 1916 on Think Tank Row in Washington, D.C.
- The Aspen Institute – The Aspen Institute is an international nonprofit organization founded in 1949 as the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies.
- RSA – The Royal Society for Arts, Manufactures and Commerce is a London-based organisation committed to finding practical solutions to social challenges.
- The IPA – The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, incorporated by Royal Charter is the trade body and professional institute for agencies in the UK’s advertising, media and marketing communications industry.
- Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science – Based at the University of South Australia, the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute is the world’s largest centre for research into marketing. We are an independent, non-profit, research Institute.
- Ofcom – Ofcom is the UK’s communications regulator.
- BBC R&D – BBC Research & Development has led the way with innovative technology and collaborative ways of working.
- The CIA Factbook – The World Factbook provides information on the history, people and society, government, economy, energy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) – The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 37 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Companies House – We incorporate and dissolve limited companies. We register company information and make it available to the public.
Finance & Statistics
- Office for National Statistics – The Office for National Statistics is the executive office of the UK Statistics Authority, a non-ministerial department which reports directly to the UK Parliament
- Bank of England – The Bank of England (BoE) is the UK’s central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the people of the United Kingdom.
- The Economist data – For the latest Economic and financial indicators see Current edition. Commodity-price index weights. Graphic detail. Charts, maps and infographics
- Financial Times – News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the world’s leading global business publication.
News & Trends
- The Future Laboratory – We Help You Explore Key Global Trends That Will Affect Your Business Tomorrow.
- Google Trends – Analyzes the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across various regions and languages.
- WGSN – WGSN is the global authority on consumer and design trends.
- The Verge – The Verge was founded in 2011 in partnership with Vox Media, and covers the intersection of technology, science, art, and culture.
- Hypebeast – HYPEBEAST is the leading online destination for men’s contemporary fashion and streetwear.
- Courier Mag – London-based magazine. Stories of modern business.
- Contagious – Contagious is a creative and strategic intelligence service that helps ad agencies and brands deliver more creative, innovative and effective marketing.
- Business of Fashion – Fashion News, Analysis and Business Intelligence from the leading digital authority on the global fashion industry.
- Trendwatching – Our trends, insights and tools enable 100000+ future-focused professionals in 180+ countries to deliver meaningful innovations.
- Food Dive – Food Dive provides news and analysis for food industry executives. We cover food manufacturing, R&D, regulation, food processing, GMOs, innovation.
- The Grocer – From large multiples to independent retailers, wholesalers and suppliers, as well as growers, food processors, manufacturers, key opinion formers.
- Quartz – Quartz is a guide to the new global economy for people in business who are excited by change. We cover business, economics, markets, finance, technology.
- Facebook Business Insights – A deeper look into our data and insights.
- The New Yorker – The New Yorker is an American weekly magazine featuring journalism, commentary, criticism, essays, fiction, satire, cartoons, and poetry.
- The Economist – The Economist is an international weekly newspaper printed in magazine-format and published digitally that focuses on current affairs, international business, politics, and technology.
- Benedict Evans – I’ve spent 20 years analysing mobile, digital media and technology, and worked in equity research, strategy, consulting and venture capital. I’m now an independent analyst.
- Ana Andjelic – Weekly newsletter about how the new forms of social, cultural, and environmental capital change brand strategy.
- Ian Barnard – Topics include marketing strategy, behavioural science and advertising.
- Brand Strategy Insider – Branding Strategy Insider is the leading resource for helping marketing oriented leaders and professionals define and grow business and brand value.
- Jing Daily – Jing Daily is the leading digital publication on luxury consumer trends in China.
- Journal of Brand Management – The Journal of Brand Management is a peer-reviewed publication which has established itself as the leading authoritative journal on brand management.
- Google Scholar – Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. Search across a wide variety of disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books.
- Journal of Brand Strategy – Journal of Brand Strategy is the world’s leading professional and research journal publishing in-depth, peer-reviewed articles and case studies on all aspects of brands.
- Journal of Marketing – The Journal of Marketing (JM) develops and disseminates knowledge about real-world marketing questions useful to scholars, educators, managers, policy makers, consumers, and other societal stakeholders around the world.
- Journal of Advertising Research – The mission of the Journal of Advertising Research (JAR) is to act as the research and development vehicle for professionals in all areas of marketing including media, research, advertising and communications.
- Ward Trademarks
- Haseltine Lake Kempner
- AZ Rights
- Roger Moore Associates
- Lewis Silkin
- Two Birds
- Right Relevance – Right Relevance is the quickest and simplest way to search and discover highly relevant deep topical content.
We mine the social web to identify and rank topical influencers. The inherent trust of the influencer’s communities is applied to finding the most relevant articles and conversations.
Events and conversations
- Marketing Society – The Society challenges its members to think differently and to be bolder marketing leaders by supporting the development of leading-edge thinking and promoting the evidence of effective marketing.
Brand Strategy Research Course
- Brand Strategy Research Course by Stef Hamnerlinck
If you want to learn how to properly conduct brand strategy market research, check out this course that goes ‘under the hood’ of a lot of brand strategies. Research is what drives powerful insights that are the foundation for strong brands.
More Brand Strategy Resources
- 7 Vital Components of a Successful Brand Strategy
- [Brand Mapping Strategy Tool] How to Position Your Company in a Competitive Market
- Free Brand Strategy Workbook – 10 Steps for an Extraordinary Brand
- [Podcast] Marty Neumeier on Mastering Brand Strategy
Do you have any more brand strategy research tools to add?