The best budget monitors for graphic design are aptly designed to your needs in size, gamut accuracy, color consistency, and resolution. From junior designers to creative directors, the best monitor offers the maximum level of performance to produce optimal results.
This list has selected the best graphic design monitors from world-renowned electronics technology manufacturers such as LG, Asus, HP, Dell, Acer, and more. We’ve got a full list of your wants and needs.
Equipped with the newest routes for connectivity, extreme performance, and high resolution, these monitors are a perfect fit for all your design needs. We have included a wide variety of options, from HDR monitors to even gaming monitors.
We took our sweet time personally studying, reviewing, experiencing, and evaluating these monitors as we considered factors such as resolution, color and panel technology, screen display, aspect ratio, refresh rate, and of course, price. Our monitor specifications guide will show you more about this process.
If you’re not out in the market looking for monitors specifically for graphic design, you might want to check out gaming or touchscreen monitors. Don’t miss out on anything, and keep the guides to powerful laptops and external hard drives in your tabs.
We also have a budget monitor buying guide at the bottom of our article.
If you are a graphic designer and looking for a versatile 4K UHD HDR monitor, our top pick for you is the LG 27UL850.
The ViewSonic VP3268-4K boasts a 32” screen, frameless bezel, and ergonomic stand with auto pivot, making it an amazing choice for photo and video editors.
For creative professionals with tasks ranging from photo and video editing to graphic design, we recommend ASUS ProArt because it features amazing image quality and also boasts 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 color gamut coverage.
Top 14 Best Budget Monitors for Graphic Design 2023
There are hundreds of choices available in the market, making it difficult to select the best one for your graphic design needs. We scoured the internet for the best budget-friendly monitors out there, and here are the ones we’d recommend:
- LG 27UL850 — Best budget monitor for graphic design (Editor’s Choice)
- ViewSonic VP3268-4K — Best budget 32″ monitor
- ASUS ProArt — Best monitor for color reproduction
- HP M27h FHD Monitor — Best ultra-budget monitor
- LG 27UK650-W — Best budget HDR monitor
- BenQ PD2700U — Best monitor for video editing
- SAMSUNG 24″ FHD Flat Monitor — Best budget gaming monitor
- Philips 288E2E 28″ Frameless Monitor — Best budget monitor for photo editing
- Dell S2721Q — Best monitor for multitasking
- LG 24UD58-B — Best monitor for crystal clear images
- ASUS 32″ 4K HDR Monitor — Best low-blue light monitor
- Acer R240HY bidx monitor — Best high-quality monitor
- Philips 276E9QDSB — Best budget 27″ monitor
- SAMSUNG S33A — Best budget monitor with a fast refresh rate
What is the Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design?
LG 27UL850 is the best budget monitor for graphic design. Check out the table to see a comparison of the other best budget monitors for graphic design and choose what is right for you.
Protect your gear from electronic power surges with the best surge protector – check out our list of the best surge protectors.
Top 14 Budget-Friendly Monitors for Graphic Designers
1. LG 27UL850 (Editor’s Choice)
The best budget monitor for graphic design
Screen size: 27-inch | Resolution: 3840 x 2160 | Aspect ratio: 16:9 | Ports: DisplayPort, 2x HDMI, USB Type-C, 2x USB 3.0 | Refresh Rate: 60 Hz | Response Time: 5 ms
The LG 27UL850 is the perfect monitor for you if you are a graphic designer, a photographer, a video editor, or simply looking for a highly accurate color. Without surprise, the number 1 UHD Monitor Brand in the U.S. from 2018 to 2020 tops our list of recommended monitors.
The first thing we noticed in terms of style is that this monitor offers a virtually borderless visual experience with an ultra-thin bezel on three sides. The height stand is adjustable, while the monitor can be rotated 90 degrees to display portrait mode.
Along with other ports, we noted that the back side is equipped with a USB Type-C port which allows 4K video display, data transfer, and laptop/mobile device charging. An IPS display type covers 99% of the sRGB spectrum, offers wider viewing angles, faster response times, direct sunlight visibility, no touch-based distortion, and a longer life span.
It comes with the VESA DisplayHDR 400 high dynamic range, which helps it exceed the capabilities of other ordinary monitors by supporting specific levels of color and brightness.
Compared to other monitors, we have noticed that it provides bolder contrast between the brightest and darkest areas of the screen and delivers impressive peak luminance of 400 nits for undeniably spectacular highlights.
When connected via HDMI or DisplayPort, this monitor works with Radeon FreeSync, which enables smoother motion and less stuttering in demanding games by reducing the tearing and stuttering that occur between a graphic card’s frame rate and a monitor’s refresh rate.
One of its best features we love is that instead of hard buttons on the monitor, it has on-screen control, which puts essential monitor settings like volume, brightness, picture mode presets, and Screen Split 2.0 and Dual Controller into a window for easy access.
Overall, the LG 27UL850’s design is versatile, making it an ideal monitor for the best graphic design experience. However, a downside to this is that the refresh rate is only 60 Hz. If you’re a gamer aiming for a higher rate, you might choose a different one from this list.
|➕ The design is versatile, which is ideal for the best graphic design experience.||➖ 60Hz refresh rate only.|
|➕ Ergonomic engine for smooth running.||➖ No DCI-P3 color.|
|➕ Plenty of ports for easy connectivity.||➖ Poor speaker quality.|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 27 inch UHD (3840 X 2160) IPS display
- VESA displayHDR 400
- USB type C connectivity. Brightness 350cd (typ) / 280cd (Min)
- SRBG 99 percent color gamut
- Ultra thin bezel and height/ pivot/ tilt adjustable stand
LG 27UL850 Review
Want a closer look at this fine budget monitor? Check out this LG 27UL850 review video:
Video Credit: Tech Unboxed/YouTube
The best budget 32″ monitor for graphic design
Screen Size: 32 inches | Resolution: 3840 x 2160 | Display Technology: LCD | Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Refresh Rate: 60 Hz | Response Time: 17 ms
ViewSonic’s VP3268-4K monitor is suitable for photographers and videographers alike. Appearance-wise, whether you use this 32” monitor on its own or side-by-side in a multi-monitor setup, no bulky border will distract you as it creates a seamless virtual experience through the 4-sided frameless design.
One great feature we applaud in this monitor is that its IPS display type covers 100% of the sRGB color gamut and produces vibrant colors. Meticulous details and true-to-life imagery are perfectly aligned across devices on the web.
Equipped with HDMI, USB 3.0, display ports, and audio jacks, the VP3268-4K monitor is flexible enough to be connected to other devices. We also noted that ViewSonic’s uniformity correction makes the brightness across the entire screen more consistent, and fluctuations in color temperatures are avoided.
Now, one of the best features we cannot get enough of from this monitor is that it has a built-in G sensor which allows the screen to pivot automatically in whatever orientation the monitor is in.
A downside we found is that the power button is located at the back side of the screen, which is a problem depending on the space you will put the monitor in, and no VESA mounting holes are present. Overall, however, we find the VP3268-4K’s design very appealing for videographers and video editors.
|➕ Appealing IPS panel||➖ Power button present behind the screen|
|➕ Good performance||➖ The menu system is quite odd|
|➕ Lots of ports available||➖ Supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) poorly|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- PREMIUM MONITOR: 4K UHD (3840x2160) advanced ergonomic, 60Hz IPS monitor deliver lifelike colors perfect for office, graphic design, photographers and more
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A four-sided ultra-thin bezel shows off more of your masterpiece, and less of the monitor
- ULTIMATE COLOR ACCURACY: Screen wide sRGB, EBU, SMPTE-C, Rec. 709, and DICOM-SIM color spaces, Delta E<2 accuracy, and a smooth palette of 4.39 trillion colors deliver precise, lifelike images
- HARDWARE CALIBRATION: Quick and easy calibration ensures that the color displayed perfectly matches the original file
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VP3268-4K supports laptops, PCs, and Apple/Mac operating systems with HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, USB, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort inputs
3. ASUS ProArt
The best budget monitor for color reproduction
Screen Size: 27 inches | Resolution: 2560×1440 pixels | Display Technology: LCD | Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Refresh rate: 75 Hertz | Response Time: 5ms
The Asus ProArt is designed for creative professionals with tasks ranging from photo and video editing to graphic design. This is a Calman Verified monitor, meaning that the color temperature, gamma curve, and delta E have all been evaluated, and we just had to put it to the test.
Connectivity-wise, this monitor has DisplayPort 1.2, Mini DisplayPort, DVI-D, and HDMI (v 1.4) ports and a built-in USB hub making it easier to connect with other devices needed for your content-creation demands.
This monitor also boasts 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 color gamut coverage. We can attest that the color reproduction is true-to-life thanks to its ∆E < 2 color accuracy, meaning images are accurately reproduced on screen.
Some features we like about this are the ASUS-exclusive ProArt preset and ProArt palette. We tried out the ProArt preset, which provided multiple modes for quick color gamut adjustment. We recommend this for faster switching and matching your needs for color grading, photo editing, and video editing.
We also gave the Asus ProArt Palette a shot, and it lets users customize the display parameters such as hue, temperature, and gamma adjustments. It has two-point grayscale sliders for six-axis color, black-level, and brightness adjustments.
These make it easier to quickly, easily, and precisely achieve your desired output by providing greater flexibility when it comes to color adjustment, providing amazing image quality. The drawback of this is that it is quite expensive compared to other monitors on the list. All in all, the Asus ProArt is one of the monitors we highly recommend.
|➕ Excellent ergonomics||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Solid build quality||➖ Dolby vision not found in earlier versions|
|➕ Amazing image quality|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS monitor with frameless design.Aspect ratio:16:9.Response time:5.0 milliseconds
- International color standard 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 wide color gamut
- Calman Verified with factory calibration for excellent Delta E less than 2 color accuracy
- ASUS-exclusive ProArt Preset and ProArt Palette provide numerous adjustable color parameters
- Free 3-month Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription: Receive complimentary access with the purchase of this product (offer valid from 9/15/2021 to 8/31/2024)
The best ultra-budget monitor
Screen Size: 27 inches | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels | Display Technology: IPS | Refresh rate: 75 Hertz | Response Time: 5ms
The HP M27h FHD Monitor makes it onto the list as the best ultra-budget monitor for graphic design. This monitor has a stand that can be adjusted in all directions and lets you work efficiently with a Full HD, IPS-optimized screen.
The display has a nice slim bezel, and based on our observation, static images are good on this monitor. However, we have experienced artifacts and ghosting when it comes to fast-moving images.
The built-in speakers sound clear and are made for a fully integrated listening experience. The downside that we noted is a lack of controls in the monitor itself, so if you’re not a fan of adjusting settings through the interface, you might opt to check out other units.
Overall, the HP M27h FHD Monitor’s picture quality is great and works well for video conferencing and video streaming.
|➕ Attractive IPS panel||➖ The contrast is not impressive|
|➕ Built-in speakers||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Attractive design|
|➕ Adjustable stand|
5. LG 27UK650-W
The best monitor for HDR-compatibility
Screen Size: 27 inches | Resolution: 3840×2160 pixels | Display Technology: LED | Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Refresh rate: 60 Hertz | Response Time: 5ms
Much like the LG 27UL850, the LG 27UK650-W is also an outstanding choice if you are a graphic designer, a photographer, or a video editor. It has a smooth curved ArcLine stand which provides stability and elegance.
It has an IPS panel type that covers 99% of the sRGB spectrum, suitable for anyone looking for highly accurate color. We noted that it comes with the industry-standard HDR10 high dynamic range, transforming non-HDR content into high quality.
We also observed that it is compatible with the latest HDCP 2.2 copy protection, allowing the monitor to display videos from 4K streaming services, game consoles, and Ultra HD Blu-ray players.
When connected via HDMI or DisplayPort, this monitor works with AMD FreeSync, which eliminates the screen tearing and stuttering that occur between a graphic card’s frame rate and a monitor’s refresh rate, giving gamers a seamless, fluid movement in high-resolution, fast-paced games.
Speaking of games, we also discovered that it has advanced gaming features. If you’re a gamer, you can quickly optimize your monitor settings to activate the Back Stabilizer, revealing superior detail in dark scenes. The Dynamic Action Sync will assure smooth, fluid gaming action.
Instead of hard buttons on the monitor, it has on-screen control, which can be accessed with just a mouse click. It puts basic monitor settings like volume, brightness, picture mode presets, and Screen Split 2.0 and Dual Controller into a window for easy access.
Overall, we find the LG 27UK650-W’s amazing resolution an ideal monitor for the best graphic design experience. However, a downside is that there is no swivel option for the stand. If you want that feature, you can opt for the other monitors in the list.
|➕ Amazing resolution and size that allows multitasking||➖ Stand does not allow the swivel option|
|➕ Wide viewing angles that enable more people to view||➖ Speakers missing|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) 27 inch IPS Display
- HDR10 compatible; Viewing Angle 178/178 (CR≥10) (Typ)
- SRGB 99 percent Color Gamut
- AMD FreeSync technology
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
6. BenQ PD2700U
The best monitor for video editing
Screen Size: 27 inches | Resolution: 3840×2160 pixels | Display Technology: LCD | Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Refresh rate: 60 Hertz | Response Time: 22ms
The BenQ PD2700U puts the creator’s sake in mind. This monitor joins the list as a Calman Verified and Pantone Validated hardware which guarantees color accuracy. Like the other monitors, it also covers 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 color spaces.
What we love most about this monitor is a feature that is a definite must-have for creative professionals. BenQ is the first to work with Pantone on a mobile app, so if you are an existing owner, or planning to buy this monitor, you will get a one-year subscription to free Pantone Connect Premium.
The interface offers a Picture In Picture (PIP) and Picture by Picture (PBP) split screen, which lets you customize your workflow and enhance productivity. We also tried the CAD/CAM mode, where we enjoyed superior contrast of lines and shapes in technical illusions.
There are so many modes to love in this monitor. We also had the chance to use Animation Mode, which enhances the clarity of dark areas without the need to overexpose bright regions, and Darkroom Mode, which adjusts the image brightness and contrast for those who work in dark environments.
Some noticeable drawback we found is that the monitor is quite heavy with a stand that takes up quite a lot of space. For this, consider buying a monitor arm. Overall, the great picture quality and affordability still make it part of our list as one of the best budget monitors for graphic design.
|➕ Accurate IPS panel||➖ The refresh rate is only 60Hz|
|➕ Strong build quality|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Ideal for Professional Work: 27 Inch 4K UHD IPS anti-glare computer monitor features CalMan verified and Pantone validated technology for color accuracy.
- AQCOLOR Technology: Developed by BenQ that reproduces accurate colors on professional monitors. Work with colors you can trust.
- Eye-Care Tech: Our exclusive Eye-Care technology reduces eye fatigue for optimal comfort, productivity and allows you to work for an extended period of time.
- KVM Switch: Expand your workspace with a KVM switch that allows you control 2 systems with one monitor!
- Daisy Chain: Free up your desk space and say goodbye to clutter thanks to the daisy chain connectivity capabilities! Seamlessly connect your computer/laptop to create a multi-monitor setup.
The best budget gaming monitor
Screen Size: 27 inches | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels | Display Technology: LED | Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Refresh rate: 75 Hertz | Response Time: 1ms
South Korean multinational manufacturing conglomerate Samsung joins the list of best budget monitors for graphic design with the Samsung 27” FHD Flat Monitor. It features an ultra-slim and sleek design that measures less than 0.4 inches thick.
The monitor settings are very user-friendly and easy to navigate. It also comes with an HDMI cable which makes it convenient. That being said, it only has VGA and HDMI ports. If you plan on mounting this on a dual mount or a VESA mount, we found out that you have to remove the entire back panel to have access to the screws that are attached to the stand.
We considered this monitor’s great picture quality with the Eye Saver Mode that reduces blue light emissions and flickers for optimized viewing comfort. It is also equipped with the AMD FreeSync, allowing gamers to enjoy smooth images even with the fastest-moving scenes.
A downside is that there are no USB ports and speakers. Overall, we love the wide viewing panel that provides 178° access horizontally and vertically.
|➕ Amazing gaming performance||➖ USB and speakers missing|
|➕ Attractive design||➖ Stand is not up to the mark|
|➕ Bright and attractive color|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 27 inch monitor with an ultra-slim design and sleek profile matches any space
- Amd Radeon free Sync & Multiple game modes provide responsive game experience without screen tearing as well as optimal color settings and image contrast for more vivid scenes
- Wide viewing panel provides a 178⁰ wide viewing angle horizontally and vertically for optimal viewing experience from any position
- Easier on eyes with Flicker Free and eye saver mode to reduce Blue light emissions which are harmful for the retina
- Eco-saving Plus reduces screen brightness to save power, plus the screen brightness automatically transitions fluidly—reducing energy use even more
The best monitor for photo editing
Screen Size: 28 inches | Resolution: 3840×2160 pixels | Display Technology: LCD, LED | Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Refresh rate: 60 Hertz | Response Time: 4ms
Philips joins the list of best budget monitors for graphic design with the Philips 288E2E. This 28” monitor utilizes high-quality panels that deliver UltraClear, 4K UHD resolution images. It’s the perfect hardware for professionals working with CAD solutions, 3D graphic applications, or huge spreadsheets.
It comes with Ultra-Wide Color technology and 1.07 billion colors that produces more natural-looking greens, vivid reds, and deeper blues, giving us the finest gradations that create smooth and precise images.
We got to experience a fluid and artifact-free gaming performance with the AMD FreeSync technology that gave a smooth, quick refresh and ultra-fast response time. Together with the quick access OSD with FPS, Racing, and RTS modes are fine-tuned for gamers and we were able to personally customize the settings based on different games to ensure the best performance.
The Philips SmartContrast technology automatically adjusts the colors and backlight intensity by analyzing the contents that are being displayed. A disadvantage to this monitor is that there are no USB ports.
|➕ Affordable IPS monitor||➖ No USB ports|
|➕ Attractive design||➖ Visible accuracies missing at high brightness|
|➕ Slim bezels|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Philips E-Line 28" Lcd Monitor With Ultraclear 4K Uhd 3840X2160 Resolution With 10-Bit Ips Panel Producing 1.07 Billion Colors For Smooth Color Gradations And Detail
- Stunning Color: Ultra Wide-Color Technology Displaying Up To 120% Srgb And 107% Ntsc Color Gamut Coverage For Life-Like Images And Accurate Color Reproduction, Smartimage To Optimize Performance For...
- Smooth Gaming: Amd Freesync Technology Provides Fluid, Artifact-Free Gaming Performance With Support Up To 60Hz Refresh Rate And 4Ms Response Time (Gtg)
- Increased Productivity: 3-Sided Frameless Design With Ultra-Narrow Borders Allow For Minimal Distractions And Multiview Enables Active Dual Connect And View At Same Time For Optimal Multi-Monitor...
9. Dell S2721Q
The best monitor for multitasking
Screen Size: 27 inches | Resolution: 3840×2160 pixels | Display Technology: LED | Refresh rate: 60 Hertz | Response Time: 4 ms
Dell makes it onto the list of best budget monitors for graphic designers with the Dell S2721Q with a three-sided ultra-thin bezel design. Its 4K UHD resolution lets us enjoy an immersive viewing with incredible clarity.
Appearance-wise, it has a modern, elegant design and a subtle textured pattern in the back. There are built-in HDMI ports to keep it plugged in and seamlessly switch between streaming and console gaming.
It gets better with a wide viewing angle through its IPS technology with 99% sRGB color coverage. We like the built-in low blue light ComfortView Plus screen, which optimizes eye comfort.
In our gaming test, this monitor comes with the AMD FreeSync technology, giving us a smooth and tear-free experience. Included as well is a built-in dual 3W speakers.
This is a good monitor for creative professionals with its great color, amazing viewing angles, and thin bezels. One noticeable drawback we noted is that the speakers are of poor quality, which might not be suitable for gamers and video editors.
|➕ High resolution||➖ Connectivity not impressive|
|➕ Accurate color quality||➖ Built-in speaker missing|
|➕ Sharp images|
|➕ Good ergonomics|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- A stunning view: The three-sided ultrathin bezel design in 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution lets you enjoy immersive viewing in incredible clarity and fine detail with 4 times the resolution of Full...
- Beautiful look: Modern, elegant design with a subtle textured pattern at the back of the monitor has its own unique look. It brings the feeling of a harmonious blend of great style and quality into...
- Leisure gaming: Smooth, tear-free experience with AMD FreeSync technology
- AMD FreeSync
10. LG 24UD58-B
The best budget monitor for crystal-clear images
Screen Size: 24 inches | Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels | Display Technology: LED | Refresh rate: 60 Hertz | Response Time: 1ms
LG starts and ends the list with its amazing monitor models. Last on our list, but definitely not the least, is the 24” LG 24UD58-B. Equipped with 8.3 million pixels, it provides breathtaking clarity and fine details of 4K UHD with an anti-glare coating.
Like the other two models mentioned in the list, it also has FreeSync, so gamers can have seamless, fluid movement in high-resolution, fast-paced games by removing tearing and stuttering.
Compared to other brands, this is one of the monitors with better overall display characteristics in terms of brightness and contrast. The limitation we noted is that the stand’s adjustability is limited and the screen size is quite small due to the 24” size. You can opt to purchase 27” and 32” monitors if this is an issue.
|➕ Anti-glare screen||➖ Stand adjustability limited|
|➕ Good picture quality||➖ Poor ergonomics|
|➕ Response time solid|
|➕ Easy to set up|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 24 Inches 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS monitor. Brightness is 250 cd/m2
- FreeSync. Power Input : 100 240 Voltac, 50/60Hz.OS Compatibility Windows 10
- On screen control with screen split 2.0. Dimension Without Stand (WxHxD) 55.372 centimeter (21.8) x 6.09 centimeter (2.4) x 33.27 centimeter (13.1). With Stand (WxHxD) 55.372 centimeter (21.8) x 20.32...
- Game mode & black stabilizer
- HDMI 2.0 (x2) and DisplayPort
The best low-blue light monitor
Screen Size: 32 inches | Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels | Display Technology: LED | Refresh Rate: 144 Hz | Response Time: 1ms
Seeing is believing with the ASUS 32 inches 4K HDR Monitor. With impeccably detailed visuals, this monitor immerses you in a world filled with breathtaking levels of detail. Featuring a 32-inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) panel, this monitor gives you four times the pixel density and up to 300% more on-screen space than any other similarly-sized Full HD display.
With its expanded vision feature, you get a 178° wide-viewing-angle panel, providing you accurate and consistent color at any viewing angle, ultimately providing you a better viewing experience.
The Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync feature built into this monitor can reduce motion blur or lag, allowing you to instantly respond and enjoy what is happening on the screen. Moreover, with Asus’ 4K HDR monitor, you can choose from multiple HDR modes to adjust monitor HDR performance depending on the current situation.
That said, ASUS Shadow Boost technology clarifies dark areas without overexposing brighter areas, thereby improving your overall viewing experience. Finally, the ASUS Flicker-Free technology of this monitor helps to reduce flicker for a comfortable viewing experience. Importantly, this feature helps to minimize eye strain, especially when you spend long hours on the screen.
|➕ Impressive picture and color quality||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Innumerable gaming features||➖ No speakers|
|➕ Impressive contrast||➖ No Dolby vision|
|➕ OLED info screen|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 31.5” 4K UHD (3840x2160) monitor 4ms (GTG) response time with a wide 178° viewing angle complemented by a super narrow bezel design
- Adaptive-sync/free Sync technology to eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates. Compliance and Standards-Energy Star, CB, J-MOSS, PSE, RoHS, VCCI, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7),...
- Hdr-10 support to enhance bright and dark area, delivering lifelike viewing experience and Features up to 95% DCI-P3 color coverage provides realistic colors and smoother gradation
- Asus Eye Care technology feature TÜV Rhineland-certified flicker-free and blue light filter technologies to minimize eyestrain and an ergonomic tilt to ensure a comfortable viewing experience
- Flexible connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI x2 and stereo 2W speakers providing spacious sound while eliminating the need for external speakers
The best budget high-quality monitor
Screen size: 23.8 Inches | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels | Display Technology: IPS | Aspect ratio: 16:9 (Wide Screen) | Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI & 1 x VGA | Refresh Rate: 60 Hz | Response Time: 4ms
The Acer R240Y is a high-quality monitor at an affordable price. It delivers perfect image quality with rich and detailed colors. The monitor’s frame is quite thin and you barely see it which makes it look elegant and expensive. It makes it an ideal set-up option for gaming or workstations at the office.
The colors and consistency of this monitor are constant that making your viewing experience a pleasure. The color, brightness, and contrast of this monitor are quite impressive considering its price point.
The rapid response time of the monitor makes sure you won’t have any ghosting experiences when dealing with fast-moving objects.
|➕ Excellent viewing angles||➖ The stand is not adjustable|
|➕ Best color gamuts for the price||➖ No USB port and built-in speakers|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- 23.8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60 hertz, pixel pitch: 0.2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16.7 million
- The zero frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2.2, the version this monitor supports is HDCP 1.4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption: 25 watts
The best budget graphical laptop
Screen size: 27 Inches | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Display Technology: IPS | Aspect ratio: 16:9 | Ports: HDMI 4x 1, DVI-DL x 1, VGA x 1 | Refresh Rate: 60 hz | Response Time: 5 ms
Philips 276E9QDSB is an IPS panel with a 27-inch screen size with a full HD resolution. The larger panel gives the advantage of a wider view of the picture to the audience. Unfortunately, it suffers from a lesser pixel density which might not be suitable for text-intensive work.
The appealing aspect of this IPS panel is the display of the sRGB color coverage at the rate of 124%.
The cabinet of this monitor is made up of solid plastic and it has a glossy finish. This monitor also has a beautiful small rectangular foot. And more important is that it does not occupy space. The stand helps in keeping the monitor stable. Its silver color goes well with the glossy black monitor. The stand allows the monitor to tilted be forward and backward.
|➕ IPS Panel gives a wide viewing angle and a good picture quality||➖ Poor ergonomic design|
|➕ Appealing design||➖ Brightness uniformity not up to the mark|
|➕ Excellent image quality|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- Philips E-Line 27" LED monitor with Full HD 1920x1080 and IPS panel for wide-viewing angles and full colors
- Philips Ultra Wide-Color technology with 124% sRGB & 93% NTSC color gamut coverage
- AMD FreeSync technology provides fluid, artifact-free gaming performance with support up to 75Hz refresh rate
- LowBlue mode reduces harmful shortwave blue light for your wellbeing + Flicker-Free technology regulates brightness and reduces eye fatigue
- Peace of mind: Philips monitors come with 4-Year Advance Replacement Warranty in the United States, minimizing downtime
14. SAMSUNG S33A
Best Budget Monitor with a fast refresh rate
Screen size: 27-inch | Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Aspect ratio: 16:9
The Samsung S33A monitor is a great option for graphic designers who are looking for a high-quality display with excellent color accuracy and clarity. This monitor features a 4K resolution with a 60Hz refresh rate, providing a sharp and detailed image that is perfect for design work.
One of the standout features of the S33A is its use of Samsung’s QLED technology, which provides a wide color gamut and deep blacks for stunning visuals. This is complemented by a high contrast ratio and excellent brightness levels, making it easier to see subtle color variations and details in your designs.
The S33A also includes a range of features to help make your work easier and more efficient. This includes a fully adjustable stand that can be tilted, swiveled, and adjusted for height to help you find the perfect viewing angle. The monitor also includes several different display modes, such as a split-screen mode that allows you to work on multiple projects at once.
In terms of connectivity, the S33A includes multiple HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, as well as a USB hub for easy access to your peripherals. The monitor is also compatible with VESA mounts, making it easy to install in a variety of work environments.
Overall, the Samsung S33A is a top-of-the-line monitor that offers excellent color accuracy and a range of features designed to make the graphic design process easier and more efficient. If you’re looking for a high-quality display for your design work, the S33A is definitely worth considering.
|➕ Versatile design for the best graphic design experience.||➖Doesn’t have built-in speakers.|
|➕ Ergonomic engine for smooth running.||➖ Monitor’s height can’t be adjusted.|
Latest Price on Amazon:
- A WIDER VIEW, CLEAR ALL AROUND: Everything remains vivid and clear from 178° all around—even up into the very corners; Whether you're standing up, sitting down, or peering over someone's shoulder,...
- EXPERIENCE TRUE DEFINITION: Samsung's innovative VA Panel technology delivers an outstanding 3000:1 contrast ratio with deeper blacks and more brilliant whites; Minimal light leaks from corner to...
- ALL DAY EYE CARE: Virtually eliminate eye strain for more comfortable extended computing with eye comfort technology; Flicker Free continuously removes irritating flicker, while Eye Saver Mode...
- ESSENTIAL CONNECTIVITY: Link your monitor to external memory drives and other devices with HDMI and D-sub ports; Now, your computing environment is even more convenient with additional input...
- GAME MODE: Game Mode instantly optimizes screen contrast to give you a competitive edge during gameplay; By selectively boosting contrast in scenes, Game Mode reveals more detail in dark areas to let...
How We Picked the Best Budget Monitors for Graphic Design
Selecting the right monitor for graphic design isn’t just about finding a screen that displays images. It’s about finding a tool that can bring a designer’s vision to life with accuracy, clarity, and consistency.
With countless options in the market, each boasting a myriad of features, making the right choice can be daunting.
That’s why we, alongside industry professionals, undertook the challenge to sift through the cheap monitors that truly cater to the needs of designers, illustrators, and other creatives. Here’s our methodical approach to selection.
1. Collaboration with Professionals
We collaborated with a diverse group of professionals, including graphic designers, illustrators, architects, and educators, to understand their specific needs and preferences when it comes to monitors. Their insights were invaluable in guiding our selection process.
2. Comprehensive Market Research
Our team conducted extensive market research to identify the most popular and highly-rated budget monitors available. We considered factors such as brand reputation, customer reviews, and expert recommendations.
3. Essential Features for Design Work
Given the intricate tasks like digital illustrations, video editing, and 3D modeling, we ensured that the monitors we selected had high resolution, accurate color representation, and wide viewing angles. These features are crucial for professionals to produce high-quality work.
4. Versatility and Compatibility
We prioritized monitors that offer versatile connectivity options, ensuring they can easily integrate with various devices and tools commonly used by designers, such as graphic tablets and high-end workstations.
5. Eye Comfort and Ergonomics
Considering the long hours professionals spend in front of the screen, we gave preference to monitors equipped with eye comfort technologies like blue light filters and flicker-free screens. Additionally, adjustable stands and VESA mount compatibility were deemed essential for ergonomic setups.
6. Feedback from the Design Community
We reached out to design forums, online communities, and educational institutions to gather feedback on budget monitors. This helped us understand any common issues faced by users and identify monitors that consistently received praise for their performance and value.
The Ultimate Buying Guide for the Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design
Whether you’re a graphic designer crafting digital illustrations, a video editor piecing together cinematic masterpieces, or an architect creating detailed visualizations, the right monitor can elevate your work to new heights.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with industry professionals to bring you this comprehensive buying guide. Let’s dive in and help you find the perfect budget design monitor for your creative pursuits.
🔍 Resolution: The Clarity You Need
When it comes to choosing a monitor, resolution is a critical factor. For tasks like retouching photos or designing user interfaces, clarity is paramount.
🌈 Color Accuracy: True-to-Life Hues
Your creations deserve to radiate with true-to-life and vivid colors. Monitors with high color accuracy, such as the ASUS ProArt, which is known for its exceptional color coverage, ensure that your designs, illustrations, and videos appear true to life.
Aim for monitors with at least 99% sRGB coverage, just like the Philips 288E2E 28″ Frameless Monitor, for vibrant and consistent colors.
👁️ Eye Comfort: Protect Your Vision
Long hours in front of a screen can strain your eyes. Monitors equipped with blue light filters and flicker-free technology, like the LG 24UD58-B, can help reduce eye fatigue, allowing you to work comfortably on tasks like 3D modeling or animation for extended periods.
🔄 Refresh Rate & Response Time
A higher refresh rate and faster response time can benefit not only gamers but also video editors. Consider a monitor like the KOORUI 24.5 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor, which boasts a 165Hz refresh rate and a response time under 5ms, ensuring smooth playback and minimal ghosting, especially when editing high-frame-rate videos.
📐 Viewing Angles & Contrast
For tasks like graphic design and photography, IPS (In-Plane Switching) panels, such as those found in the LG 27UL850-W, offer wide viewing angles and excellent color reproduction.
On the other hand, VA (Vertical Alignment) panels, like the SAMSUNG S33A, provide higher contrast ratios, making them suitable for video editing.
Ensure that the monitor you choose has a variety of ports like HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C to connect to PCs, laptops, and other devices.
🛠️ Ergonomics & Adjustability
Whether you’re a student pulling an all-nighter or an animator working on intricate scenes, comfort is key. Look for monitors with adjustable height, tilt, and swivel options to find the perfect viewing angle and maintain a healthy posture.
Monitors like the HP M27ha FHD Monitor offer such adjustability for your comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you mean by an HDR display?
High Dynamic Range (HDR) helps your monitor to display a wide spectrum of colors. The HDR monitor will be able to display the intricacies and the color details when it comes to light and dark.
What is the difference between a VA monitor and an IPS monitor?
The viewing angles are narrow in a VA panel whereas in an IPS monitor the viewing angles are wide. The intensity of the contrast ratio is quite high when it comes to VA monitors while it is not the same with an IPS monitor.
What is the importance of viewing angles with a monitor?
The viewing angles need to be higher so that the people who are viewing the monitor from the side will be able to see its display better.
Why is the Aspect ratio important in monitors?
Aspect ratio determines the relation between the length and breadth of an image. It is important as it helps you to decide how your image appears on the screen.
Why are curved monitors the best?
Curved monitors are comfortable for the eyes. They emit light from all angles toward the viewer's eye which enables you to take everything in without much ocular exertion. You will be able to view and cover a greater area on a curved screen as compared to a flat one and thus the screen will appear larger.
Wrapping Up Top Budget Monitors
As the eyes are the windows to a human’s soul, so are the monitors to computers. Choosing an appropriate monitor for your needs, whether gaming, general usage, or graphic designing, is vital. It can make your work a lot easier and, at the same time, reduce eye fatigue.
Creative professionals rely on color-accurate displays to ensure their creations look exactly as intended. What captured our attention was the LG 27UL850 as the best budget monitor for graphic design.
In the end, it all comes down to what your needs and budget are. Hopefully, with the help of this list, you can choose the most suitable monitor for your design and other needs.