JUST a decade! And what a difference it makes!
Below is a quick summary of some highlights and lowlights that came to mind, for those who can tolerate a humble brag, which is pretty much what all these summaries are.
But you gotta toot your own horn, because no one else will!
Related: See Just Creative’s most popular posts from 2019
- Graduated with Bachelor of Visual Communication with Dean’s recommendation of Honours
- Worked exhibited in Melbourne Museum
- Offered a job in NYC via Twitter
- Moved from Sydney to NYC
- Worked for Disney, MLB and more.
- Got kicked out of the USA. Did a TEDx talk on the experience
- Collaborated with Jerry Seinfeld. Work displayed at the SuperBowl in 2014
- Worked at ad agencies in NYC as an UI/UX Designer for clients such as Disney, Omega, Nike, Powerade, VitaminWater, Coca-Cola and dozens more.
- Raised $18k for charity
- Featured in the New York Post as the “Top graphic designer in NYC”
- Got married to the love of my life
- Featured in Wall Street Journal
- Won Young Alumni of the Year Award.
- Was a Judge for a number of award panels, along side names such as Sagi Haviv, Ivan Chermayeff & David Carson.
- Traveled the world together for 3 years, totalling 88 countries, while running JUST Creative. Wrote 100+ travel guides on our travel blog, JUST Globetrotting.
- Nominated for the 2015 Advance Global Australian Award
- Featured in Forbes
- Our first son, Hugo, is born
- Branded Puerto Rico
- Survived & loved my first year as a dad
- Traveled to 6 countries with our <1 year old
- Branded San Francisco
- Featured in LogoLounge for 9 consecutive years
- Partnered with Marty Neumeier.
- 144 blog posts published
- Was on a guest on 10 podcasts / interviews
- x5 my passive income
- Many personal bests at the gym
- Saw Gary Vaynerchuck, Grant Cardone and Richard Branson live
- Finally grew my Instagram, connecting with hundreds of amazing people
- Hoping to buy a house, err mortgage, in the 10th most expensive city in the world, Sydney
- I’m still working on other goals, but I am sure it will include brand strategy, content creation, expanding our family and way too much screen time. 👨🏼💻🤓
- Moving from Sydney to live in Cape Town, South Africa for 2 months, then who knows!?
Thanks so much for following and have an incredible 2020!!!