In this open thread we will look at each others elevators speeches so we can compare and learn from one another. Take your time to come up with one or refine the one you already have and post it here for everyone else to see, even if you are not a designer (but that is what the focus is on). Share your wisdom and help others or if you are unsure about something, ask a question and let others help you out.
What is an elevator speech?
An elevator speech is the 15 to 30 overview of who you are, what you do and why someone should use your product / service. The idea behind ‘elevator’ is that you should be able to deliver your monologue within the time span of an elevator ride (unless of course you are stuck in one for 41 hours).
Elevator speech tips
- Make It Concise
- Make It Easy To Understand
- Make It Inducing
- Leave No Questions
- Not Getting A Rise Out Of Your Elevator Speech? – Some tips on writing the perfect elevator speech.
- Dos & Do Nots of Elevator Speeches – Some helpful tips on how to write an elevator speech.
- Elevator Pitches on TechCrunch – Upload a video of your elevator pitch and get feedback from others and listen to others for inspiration.
- Elevator Pitches on YouTube – Get some inspiration and more tips in the many videos on YouTube.
- OpenThread on Freelance Folder – A similar post to this one with user submitted elevator speeches.
So what is your elevator speech?