As a professional logo designer, I’ve gathered a number of resources over the years, which I have curated below.
I present to you, the best logo design resources on the web!
You can click on the links below to quickly go to that section.
- Style Guides
- Logo Articles
You can find graphic design resources here.
Learn Logo Design:
Looking to learn logo design? Here is the best logo design course online:
Logo Core Masterclass (includes 65% off Adobe Creative Cloud)
The LogoCore Masterclass is the most in-depth logo course available, perfect for beginners and intermediate designers looking to learn logo design.
Master Adobe Illustrator, learn grid structures, how to vectorize a logo, presentation design, create a styleguide, build a creative brief, get valuable feedback, animate logos and so much more.
Get an exclusive 10% discount with coupon code ‘JUST10’. Simply enter the coupon at checkout.
These are two other great places to find logo design courses & classes online:
- See here for our compilation of the top free & paid logo design courses
- Udemy – Take an in-depth course for as little as $10. See their Logo Design Masterclass.
Logo Design Tutorials
Don’t want to take a full course? Follow these tutorials to help you get more familiar with vectors.
- Skillshare – Short & sweet classes. Get 2 free weeks of Unlimited Classes.
- 40+ Logo Design Tutorials
- EnvatoTuts Logo Category
- 80 Amazing Adobe Illustrator Tutorials
Logo Design Software
The tools you will need to create a vector logo.
- Adobe Illustrator (The industry standard, get 65% off with LogoCore)
- Logo Package Express – Amazing Illustrator extension that saves out your client’s logo files in one click.
- Corel Draw
- Affinity Designer
- Inkscape (Free)
- Vectr (Free)
Logo Design Communities
Online communities that share feedback, tips, news and resources on logo design.
- JUST Logos – Our closed Facebook community focused purely on logos & branding
- Logo Geek – Closed Facebook Group
Logo Design Books
Some logo design books that I highly recommend.
- Brand Identity Essentials by Kevin Budelmann (Principles of Branding & Logos)
- Designing Brand Identity by Alina Wheeler (Branding)
- Ultimate Logo Design eBook by Kyle Courtright (The business of logo design)
- Logo Creed by Bill Gardner
- Logo by Michael Evamy (Inspiration)
- Logo Lounge Book Series by Bill Gardner (Inspiration)
Logo Design Briefs
Fictional logo briefs to help you practice your craft.
Logo Design Inspiration
Galleries for logo design inspiration.
- Logo Lounge – The world’s largest logo database ($99 a year)
- Logo of the Day
- Logo Pond
- Logo Design Ideas
Logo Design Awards
Get the recognition you deserve.
- LogoWave – A high-profile award scheme, which I currently judge for
- Logo Lounge – An annual book, that includes only the best logos
- WOLDA – The World Logo Design Awards
- Best Brand Awards – International awards honoring the excellence on the design around the world
- Contest Watchers – Lists all sorts of design contests, including logos
- IVIA (International Visual Identity Awards) – 21 diverse categories to submit in
Logo Design Blogs
The best logo design blogs on the internet.
- Brand New
- Logo Design Love
- Logo Geek
- Just Creative (Logo Design)
- David Airey.com (Logo Design)
- The Branding Source
- Creative Bloq (Branding)
- Design Week (Branding)
- Design Taxi (Branding)
- The Logo Smith
- Identity Designed
- Logo Lounge
Type plays a huge role in logo design. These are my go-to font resources:
- MyFonts – My #1 go to resource for fonts
- Google Fonts – Free font downloads
- FontSquirrel – More free font downloads
- WhatTheFont – Helps identify fonts by uploading an image
- Font Explorer Pro – My preferred font management tool
- 15 Best Fonts for Clean, Minimal Logos
- 30 Fonts Designers Must Know & Should Own
To show your logos in context, it’s useful to have some mockups on hand.
- Creative Market (High quality mockups)
- Design Cuts (High quality mockups)
- Yellow Images (Great 3D assets)
- Envato (Subscription based assets)
- Place It (Subscription based mockups)
- SmartMockups (Pro online mockups)
- MockupFree (Free mockups)
- Graphic Burger (More free mocks)
Interviews & Podcasts
Learn while on the go.
- 10 Great Design Podcasts – A detailed list of design podcasts.
- LogoGeek Podcast – by Ian Paget with some impressive guests
- Sean Wes – Solid business advice
- Design Matters – The original design podcast, with Debbie Millman
- Honest Designers – Run by DesignCuts
- Smart Passive Income – Marketing & business advice from Pat Flynn
Want more logo design clients & exposure? Share your work on these sites:
- WordPress – Self host your own portfolio website. See here for my guide.
- Dribbble – Share shots of your work
- Behance – Adobe’s portfolio provider
- SquareSpace – A user friendly website builder
Logo Design Trends
Keep up with the latest logo design trends:
- Logo Lounge: 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
- Logo Trends on Just Creative: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009
Branding Style Guides
Keep your brand in order with a style guide.
Logo Design Resources & Articles
Below you will find some great logo design articles.
- Branding, Logos, & Identity Design Differences Explained
- How to Choose a Logo Designer
- How Much Does a Logo Cost?
- 8 Secret Benefits of Branding
- Why Logo Design Does Not Cost $5.00
- The Secret Logo Design Process Of Top Logo Designers
- Vital Tips For Effective Logo Design – A few logo design laws to live by.
- Logo Size Guidelines
- How To Design Learn Logo Design for Free
- Brands of the World – Free logo design downloads, in vector EPS format.
- Recipe for a Perfect Logo
- Famous Logo Designers
- Logo Design Inspiration eBook
- Freelance Job Sites
Share on Pinterest
If there is a logo resource that you recommend, please let me know and I will consider it for addition.