I was recently contacted by Dell to see if I would be interested in reviewing their Dell XPS 13” Ultrabook with Touch Screen. At first I was hesitant because I am quite happy with my 13″ Macbook Pro, but after reviewing the praise & stats for the machine, I thought I would give it go.
I’ve had the laptop for a few weeks now and first impressions were solid, minus a few battery / driver issue. I will be writing up a full review soon comparing it against my Macbook Pro 13″, but I wanted to know if you had any specific questions (for me or Dell) or tests you would like me to carry out? Please leave a comment below or email me directly.
Overall the review will be based on comparing the:
- Dell XPS 13” 9350 Touch Screen (Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6500 CPU @ 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe SSD).
- VS: My current Macbook Pro 13″ (Mid 2014) with 3GHz IntelCore i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD
Please note I have not received any compensation for the review apart from the Dell XPS 13” laptop itself.
Dell’s claims for the XPS 13:
- Smallest 13-inch on the planet
- World’s first/only laptop with InfinityEdge display
- 13-inch laptop in an 11-inch form
- QHD+ display has over 4.4 million (4.4x) more pixels than the MacBook Air 13 (or other products with HD+ displays) and over 2.4 million more pixels (1.7x) than the MacBook 12 with Retina
- QHD+ display has over 2.5X more pixels than a Full HD display and 5x that of HD.
- Up to 100% brighter than a typical panel (200-nit typical).
- 80% of the XPS 13 panel is active panel vs. 69% for the MacBook Air 13
- The XPS 13 has the longest battery life of any 13-inch laptop
- The XPS 13 is 17% smaller than the MacBook Air 13
- Dell XPS 13 is the world’s most manageable 13-inch
Quite the claims and I will be testing all of these all out over the next few weeks. Let me know if you have any questions!