I’m always fascinated to see where and how other people work and I wanted to share my personal set up, focusing on the tools & resources I use every day as a designer. I recently posted part one on hardware I use as a designer and today I am featuring the software and apps I use on a daily basis.
DESIGN / CODE
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Lightroom, Audition
- FontExplorer X Pro – Font management
- GarageBand – Podcast & audio editing
- CyberDuck – FTP Client
- Logo Package Express – Exports logo files in one click
WEB / SOCIAL
- Slack – Team chat
- Tweetdeck – Desktop + mobile Twitter client.
- Chrome – My browser of choice. Plugins include Buffer, Ninja, Panda, FireShot, Honey, Notion, Bookmark OS, Video Speed Controller
- Spotify – My music player of choice. I subscribe to their Premium subscription so I can sync & listen to the music on my iPhone too. I use the iPhone Spotify Remote App to change songs from wherever I am.
BUSINESS / PRODUCTIVITY
- Skype – International phone calls and meetings.
- Zoom – Video conference calls
- Calend.ly – Book meetings with me online
- TextExpander – Saves me from re-writing commonly used phrases & emails. See how to use TextExpander to conquer email.
- Alfred – Launches my software & searches with speed. Super productive. I use the shortcut key Cmd+E.
- Google Suite – Docs, Sheets and Drive
- Apple Time Machine – Backs up my files to external hard drives.
Web Apps & Services
- Notion – To do lists & note taking on steroids.
- DropBox – In the cloud file sharing & storing. Get 32Gb free with this link.
- PayPal – Invoicing & payments.
- Shutterstock – My preference in stock imagery.
- FreshBooks – Invoicing
- MoonClerk – Payment processing
- Moo Printing – Business card printing and more. Get 25% Off.
Have any other recommended software or apps or designers?