All over the world, people have been forced to go into quarantine because of the novel coronavirus pandemic. This means that millions of people have been put in a position where they might have to work from home for the first time in their life and their home office may not be as well equipped as their work office.
This made us realize that while we have workstations to handle everything we need, you might not have that so we thought that giving you a handy guide to the best gear to work from home.
If you are interested in laptops that can be used at home, you can go through the article on laptops for working from home article.
Welcome to our Ultimate Guide to Working From Home.
Let’s get started. First things first…
The Top 10 Best Equipment for A Home Office
Click to see our detailed reviews on each item or scroll on.
- Laptop Stands
- Monitor + Monitor Arms / Stands
- USB Data Hubs
Other Home Office Essentials
- Cable Ties
- Dry Erase Board
- Surge Protector
- Coffee Maker
- Wireless Charging Pad
- Indoor Plants
- Green Screen
- USB Ring Light
Top Tools Used by Jacob Cass
Peek behind the curtain of Jacob Cass’s setup and see the tools and other items he uses daily when working with clients all over the world.
If you’re a beginner or watching your spending, you may want to consider our post on the top gear for all career levels & budgets.
Best Laptops for Working from Home
Now we understand that most people will already have a laptop or PC that they use at home every day to check their email and go on Facebook, not many home computers are built for doing work from home. While there are a lot of different options out there, for us there are four perfect options.
Best Overall: Apple MacBook Pro
If you’re going to get a new laptop and only want to buy one once, you can’t go wrong with the MacBook Pro from Apple. With an included touch bar that makes accessing apps easier, if you’re going to spend a good amount of money on a laptop, this is the one to do it on. The large, 16-inch Retina Display makes everything you work on and everything you watch on your break look amazing.
- Ninth-generation 8-Core Intel Core i9 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- Ultrafast SSD
Best Affordable Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300
Packed with 16GB of RAM plus and a Core i7 processor, the Predator Helios 300 is a beast of a machine. You can create amazing artwork with color accuracy that’s vivid with the 15-inch screen. While there are many other options out there, the Helios 300 is a great deal for anyone.
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB DDR4 DRAM Memory & 256GB SSD | Extra empty expandable hard drive slot for 2.5" hard drives
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
Best Customizable Laptop: Dell XPS 13
The XPS 13 from Dell is an impressive machine for anyone in the market for a new laptop. With an available 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD for storage, you can use this for all of the big projects you now need to work on from home. The 4K display is a sight to behold and can make any video chat crystal clear and vivid.
Best 2-in-1: Surface Book 2
2-in-1 laptops have become the laptop of choice for many people because of their versatility as both a laptop and a tablet and the Surface Book 2 from Microsoft is one of the best out there. Packed with enough hardware to handle any task, the Surface Pro 2 uses Windows 10 so you can easily connect to your office.
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor, 512 GB of storage, 16 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with a new 15" touchscreen. Weight : Starting at 4.2 pounds including keyboard
- Four versatile modes of use and new USB-C port
Best Webcams for Video Conferencing
If you’re working from home, that may not mean that you don’t still have conference calls or meetings that you need to attend and if you are video conferencing, you want a webcam that presents you in the best way. Our top choices are all from Logitech because they make the best webcams out there.
Best Overall: Logitech C922 Pro Stream
If you’re looking for a webcam with a 1080p camera, fantastic audio quality, low-light correction, and background removal, then look no further than the C922 from Logitech. The C922 supports 720p/60fps streaming and is one of the best webcams the company has made. So if you’re looking for a webcam that checks every box on your list, you’ve found it.
- Full high-def 1080P streaming stream and record vibrant, true-to-life video. The glass lens and full HD 1080P captures the most exciting details, bright and natural colors in fluid video at 30Fps,...
- HD 720P AT 60FPS streaming serious streamers need the hyperfast frame rate of 60 fps at 720p for particularly smooth video, and that’s just what the C922 delivers. You'll be live broadcasting with...
- Brighter images equipped with HD autofocus and light correction, The C922 fine-tunes to the lighting conditions to produce razor-sharp high Def images even if you’re in a dim setting.
- Full Stereophonics fitted with two microphones, one on either side of the camera, the C922 Pro webcam is able to capture more realistic sound from every angle, so that your voice comes through...
- Free tripod included
Best Mid-Range Webcam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
The C920 is one of the most well-regarded webcams that Logitech produces. With its combination of 1080p recording, low-light recording, and sharp picture quality, it continues to be a go-to for those who use it for videoconferencing or recording a vlog. All this combined with an affordable price makes it a smart buy every time.
- Full HD 1080p video calling (upto 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows; Webcam with 5 foot cable
- 720p HD video calling (upto 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients; Full HD video recording (upto 1920 x 1080 pixels). Max Resolution: 1080p/30fps 720p/30fps
- Video compression, Built in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction; Automatic low light correction, Tripod ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or monitors
- Compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later; Works in USB Video Device Class (UVC) mode: Mac OS 10.10 or later (HD 720p on FaceTime for Mac or other supported video calling clients;...
Best Compact Webcam: Logitech HD Webcam C615
If you need to take a webcam with you, carrying something bulky can be annoying. The C615 from Logitech gives you a great webcam at a smaller size. You can record in 1080p and video conference at 720p which makes having video chats with clients as easy as can be. The only real downside is the length of the USB cord but this can be a minor issue if you’re looking for a great webcam on the go.
No products found.
Best Pro Microphones for Video Calls & Podcasting
With many people having to stay home to work, some have decided that maybe they should start a podcast and if you are going to, you need a good mic to do it. These are our choices to help get you started.
Best Overall: Samson G-Track Pro
The G-Track Pro from Samson is a microphone that puts the functionality that it offers ahead of the other options on our list. While it doesn’t need any extra software to use, the ¼-inch audio input is what stood out to us. You can easily add another mic if you need to without any extra equipment. This is what made the microphone stand out to us.
- All-in-one: Professional USB microphone with audio interface. Record your voice and instrument at the same time.
- The right mic: Ideal for streaming, gaming, podcasting, and recording music
- At your fingers: Front panel mixer with microphone level, instrument level and headphone volume controls. Selectable Mono or 2-Track recording modes and Direct Monitor on/off.
- Built for the studio: Dual 1" (25 millimeter) condenser capsules with three selectable pick up patterns - Cardioid (unidirectional), bidirectional and omnidirectional
- High Definition Audio: 24-bit, 96kHz resolution. Plug-and-play, no driver installation required
Best Simple Setup: Blue Yeti Snowball
The Snowball from Blue is the best way for you to get quality audio and without struggling to set it up. The microphone comes with a height-adjustable desktop stand, allowing you to set it down, plug it in and start recording. You can easily mount the mic to a traditional mic stand and even choose from one of four colors to show a little personality in your mic.
- Legendary Blue broadcast sound: 2-capsule design gives your voice exceptional presence and detail for professional-level recording so you can elevate your YouTube videos, Twitch streaming and more
- Multiple pickup patterns: The USB microphone features a cardioid pattern for recording and streaming, and omnidirectional which puts you “in the room” for conference calls on Zoom, Skype and more
- Stylish retro design: Record or stream in style with a classic recording equipment design that looks great on your desktop and on camera; available in 3 bold colors
- #1 Premium USB microphone brand: Based on independent sales data (April '19 - March '20) of PC microphones in both units and dollars in the US and Canada
- -10 dB Pad: Maintains professional audio quality and keeps Snowball sounding clean and distortion-free on louder voices and instruments for everything from voiceovers to podcasts to singing
Best Budget-friendly Microphone: Fifine USB Condenser Microphone
The Fifine Microphone is an excellent example of being able to create high-quality recordings without spending a year’s salary to do it. A great choice if you’re recording in a small studio as it comes with a 6ft cord to easily plug into your PC through the USB port. Developed for VOIP calls and voice-overs, the Fifine mic has a frequency response range that is optimized for speech recognition and clarity. While the microphone might not be the most premium option on our list, the price and the clarity and consistency it offers cement its place.
- Plug and play USB podcast microphone compatible with Mac and Windows (Vista, XP), USB-powered design, eliminate the need for an external 48V phantom power source. (◆◆Incompatible with Xbox and...
- PC microphone with volume control knob, make output volume easy controlled (volume up, down and mute), good option of recording studio microphone for broadcasting.
- Sturdy, durability metal construction USB microphone for computer with adjustable tripod desk stand and 6 feet long USB cable for secure and easily portable tabletop use.
- Cardioid polar pattern USB microphone for recording improves audio recording on YouTube or recording software Audacity.
- Sensitive vocal desktop microphone make clear voiceovers, work great for podcast, Skype chat, talking with friends while playing games and streaming, push-to-talk VoIP program, ask "Cortana".
Best Ergonomic Desks for Working from Home
Now that you’re working from home, you’re probably using just about any space you can get to yourself, and that’s likely going to be the dining room table, which is great until dinner time. You need a real desk and a good standing desk can be just what you need. We like the options listed below to fit your needs.
Best Overall: Fully Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk – $734
A problem with many sit and stand desks is that the higher it rises, the less stable it becomes. This isn’t the case with the Fully Jarvis. Even while extended to its full height of 48.75 inches, the desk is more than stable enough. With a motorized frame, height adjustment is simple plus a digital handset lets you create four presets so it’s the right height every time.
Best Value: ApexDesk Elite 60″ – $599
Space always seems to be an issue with a desk but the ApexDesk Elite has 60 inches of room, which is far more than other options out there. Memory presets, excellent lift capacity, and a sturdy forearm make this a great value, even if the price is a little too high
- 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐘 𝐂𝐍𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 – Debuted in 2015 and for six years running,...
- 𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 – One-piece solid 1” thick top. The ergonomically-shaped top measures 60” wide and 27” deep (23” at mid-section). The top...
- 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌 – With a fast speed of 1.5” per second, the desk can move anywhere...
- 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 – The crossbar is fixed. No maneuver is needed to line the base up with the top. Legs are secured with locking levers. Most users can...
- 𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐃 & 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐊 𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 – Originally sold...
Best Manual Desk: Devaise Crank Desk 55” – $359
While it’s become more and more commonplace, manual standing desks are still available and still preferred. The Devaise is a perfect manual desk for anyone who feels that simpler is better and is less likely to break and can last longer than their electric brethren. The high-quality construction gives a sense of confidence that this standing desk will last for a long time.
- 【ERGONOMIC STAND UP DESK】 This design promotes better posture, reduced back and neck pain, a thinner waist line and increased productivity
- 【HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE】Easily adjusts from a sitting to standing desk with a smooth crank that allows you to go from a height of 29" to 45"
- 【LARGE WORK SURFACE】Can accommodate laptop, two monitors, keyboard and mouse perfectly, and hold up to 100lbs, can also be used as a gaming desk
- 【MOUNT CRANK EITHER SIDE】Crank can be moved to either side of the desk, meets everyone's habits
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】 In just 30min or less, you can get your new desk all set up ( for most users )
Best Office Chairs for Working at Home
While using a standing desk can be healthier, we wouldn’t expect you to stand all day long so when you do sit down, you should sit in something comfortable and these would be the chairs we and our very own Jacob Cass would recommend.
Best Overall: Herman Miller Aeron
The Aeron from Herman Miller is far and away from the best office chair you can buy. If you don’t believe us, maybe you’ll believe Jacob Cass, who has been using the char for more than 10 years. With its mesh design and clean lines that contour to the shape of the human body, it’s not hard to see why.
No products found.
Best Simple Chair: Steelcase Silq
The Silq from Steelcase aims to remove the hassle of continuously adjusting your chair by creating one that automatically adjusts when you sit down. While height is still adjustable, the Silq is a great chair that lets you get down to business instead of wasting time fussing with the seat settings.
- So intuitive, only height adjustment is needed. Patent-pending material technology.
- Great conference rooms chairs where you don't have to spend time fiddling with chair adjustments to get comfortable.
- Naturally adjusts to the way your body moves and delivers a personal sitting experience that encourages posture shift.
- Designed to give the user a comfortable and hassle-free sitting experience.
- Designed to give the user a comfortable and hassle-free sitting experience.
Best Affordable Chair: Flash Furniture High Back Mesh Chair
The chair from Flash Furniture is the perfect option if you’re on a budget. With an adjustable headrest to help keep your neck supported when you lean back and offer high-quality lumbar support. This chair is only missing adjustable armrests which is a minor gripe when the price is so attractive.
- High back office chair with wheels
- Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17. Mesh back with built-in lumbar support
- Adjustable headrest for maximum comfort, made with black nylon and a chrome base
- Executive style swivel chair perfect for office and desk
- Product Measurements: Overall Size: 25.5"W x 24"D x 47.5-52.5"H. Seat Size: 20"W x 19"D x 18.75-22.5"H. Back Size: 20"W x 30.5-32"H. Arm Size: 26.5-30.25"H from floor; 7.5"H from the seat
Top Laptop Stands for Reducing Strain
Putting your laptop at eye level can help reduce any eye strain and help you focus on your work instead of feeling tired during the day. To help keep your eyes on your work, here are the choices we like for a laptop stand.
Best Overal: Rain Design mStand – $59
The simple design of mStand from Rain Design isn’t very exciting although it does hide some useful customization options. A slider at the bottom of the stand controls the height as well as the tilt to give you different angles to find the perfect position for your laptop. Rubber pads help protect your desk from damage while the slime design will keep your laptop cool.
- Raises notebook screen height to eye level for better ergonomics (5.9 inches).
- Single piece aluminum design provides solid stability and acts as a heat sink to cool laptop
- The back cable management hole is 2 inches in diameter. Cable organizer behind routes wires neatly
- Sand-blasted and silver anodized finish matches Apple notebooks. Keyboard stash clears up desk area when not in use
- Compatible with Apple Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and other laptops with depths less than 10.4 inches
Best For Macs: Soundance MacBook Laptop Stand – $32
Anyone looking for a stand for their MacBook should look at the Laptop Stand from Soundance. Able to hold laptops up to 16 inches, the stand raises your laptop six inches and its minimalist design help keep your MacBook cool during your long work sessions.
- Suit for any laptop 10 to 15.6 inches - The laptop stand fits all laptops 10 to 15.6 inches, such as notebooks PC computers 10 inches, 11 inches, 12 inches, 13 inches, 13.3 inches, 14 inches, 15...
- Sturdy and portable - The office computer stand is totally made of thickened aluminum alloy, so the stand is sturdier and has less wobbly. The rubber on the holder hands sticks tightly and ensure your...
- Ergonomic design - The slim compact stand elevates your laptop by 6-inch to a perfect eye level and prevents you from hunching over your screen, which reduces neck and shoulder pain. Moreover, the...
- Cooling better and keep desktop organized - The ventilated elevator desk stand only has two holder hands but not a whole flat, so there is more space to enable the heat to vent and keep your notebook...
- Detachable and simple installation - The laptop stand can be conveniently disassembled into 3 parts. And You can easily reassemble it again easily.
Best Affordable: Amazon Basics Ventilated Adjustable Computer Stand – $21
At an extremely affordable price, the Computer Stand from Amazon is a very versatile laptop holder that is perfect if you’re on the go. Its mesh design will help the heat from your laptop easily dissipate. A 6-slotted cord organizer keeps your desk organized while the stand is secured to your desk.
- Ventilated laptop stand helps keep laptops running cooler to help reduce crashes
- Metal-mesh platform draws heat away from laptop
- Adjustable height for increased airflow and comfortable reading and typing; adjustable from 12 to 35 degrees
- Cord organizer with 6 slots promotes a tidier desktop
- Measures approximately 13 x 11 x 7.2 inches (LxWxH) at max height
Best Monitors for Working at Home
As beautiful as some laptop screens can be, sometimes they are just too small to get any real work done and that can put a lot of strain on your eyes. Hooking your laptop up to a monitor can give you that desktop feels without a bulky tower. Here are our suggestions if you’re looking for a monitor.
Best Overall: Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ
Sometimes your first choice is the best one and the Asus Swift is a great monitor to get your work done. With the combination of high-end features such as a 4K UHD display, plus Nvidia G-Sync and HDR, the Swift is quite simply the best monitor available even though it will cost you a decent amount of money.
- 27 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 144 Hertz HDR gaming monitor with integrated aura Sync and ambient light sensor embraces ROG standards and design
- Nvidia G SYNC HDR for lifelike contrast and color, display HDR 1000 and UHD premium Certified with peak 1000 nits brightness and 384 local dimming zones
- Quantum dot IPS display with 97% DCI P3 (99% Adobe RGB) color gamut for realistic colors and smoother gradation. Brightness: 600 cd/㎡ (Typical)/1000 cd/㎡ (Peak)
- Marathon ready with game grade ergonomics such as tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments and ASUS Eye Care technology to reduce eyestrain via Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting
- Flexible connectivity options with Display Port 1.4, HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 hub
Best High Tech Monitor: Dell UltraSharp UP3218K
Sometimes we come across technology that hasn’t even been fully adopted yet and this is the case with the UltraSharp UP3218K from Dell. Not only does the display have 8K resolution, but the build quality and color reproduction are also the best in the business. While there won’t be many who can afford it, those who can will end up with an amazing monitor.
Best Affordable Monitor: BenQ EX3203R
One of the best monitors in 2020, the EX3203R from BenQ offers a multitude of high-end features in a display that is priced very affordably. The 1440p monitor has a 32-inch curved panel which makes the display easy to use for your design work and for watching a movie at the end of a long week.
- Panoramic entertainment: immerse yourself in Gaming on the 31.5" Screen of 2560x1440 resolution with 1800R curvature
- 144Hz refresh rate: high refresh rate of 144Hz offers smoothness and fluidity for game playing
- Display HDR 400 VESA Certified: offers greater brightness and contrast level to deliver users a detailed and vivid image performance
- Free Sync 2: empowered by AMD Free Sync 2 technology to eliminate choppy tearing and broken frames and ensure smooth game play
- Connectivity: USB-C enables SuperSpeed USB data transfer and 2K video delivery on one cable
Monitor Arms & Stands for Saving Space
Not really float mind you but using a monitor mount can save you space on your desk and the way many mounts are designed now don’t take up much room themselves. Here are our choices for the mounts you should consider.
Best Overall: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm – $187
Made from polished aluminum, the Desk Mount from Ergotron allows you to extend your monitor up to 25 inches and the height can be adjusted up to 13 inches meaning if you need to move the monitor out of the way, you can easily do so and with its unique cord management system, you can keep your workspace tidy.
- Durable monitor arm takes flexibility and comfort to the max; easy screen adjustment offers 25 inches (64 centimeters) of extension and 13 inches (33 centimeters) of lift
- The sky is the limit with the taller pole, offering up more range and increased visibility; 360-degree screen pan and rotation lets you find your best view for each project; frees up desk space for...
- Fits single screens up to 34 inches diagonal and 25 pounds (11.3 kilograms); folds to fit under storage shelves or a cabinet when you’re ready for a screen break
- Includes LX arm, 13-inch (33-centimeter) tall pole, extension, desk clamp and grommet mount bases
- Sturdy, professional-grade design includes a 10-year warranty
Most Versatile: Amazon’s Basics Premium Single Monitor Stand – $116
The clamp that Amazon’s Monitor Stand comes with can clamp down on desks with a thickness between .4 and 2.4 inches and can hold a monitor up to 25 pounds. A tilt-up to 70 degrees back and 5 degrees forward can make it easy to put your monitor into the best position to help you work.
- Single-arm monitor stand frees up desktop space and offers ergonomic positioning for reduced strain
- Includes a single-arm monitor stand made of durable yet lightweight aluminum with a black finish
- Works with almost any LCD monitor up to 32 inches and up to 25 pounds
- Adjusts easily; arm extends and retracts, tilts (70 degrees back to 5 degrees forward) for comfortable screen viewing, and rotates from landscape to portrait mode
- Simple set up; VESA compatible (100 x 100mm and 75 x 75mm); desk clamp fits desks between 0.4 and 2.4 inches
Best Affordable Monitor Mount: VIVO Desktop Mount Stand – $59
Containing an internal counterbalance gas spring that automatically adjusts to the weight of the monitor, the VIVO mount can support a monitor that weighs up to 13.2 pounds while the adjustable arm can tilt 90 degrees and 360-degree rotation allowing you to view your monitor in landscape or portrait mode.
- Fits 17” To 32” Screens - Single tabletop monitor mount fitting most screens 17” to 32” in size and 4.4 lbs to 22 lbs in weight with VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm backside mounting holes. Give...
- Articulation & Height Adjustment - Adjustable pneumatic spring arm and flexible mounting bracket offer +90° to -90° tilt, 80° swivel, 360° rotation, and a height range of 3” to 12”. Monitor...
- Rotating Base - Achieve maximum flexibility with the sturdy, rotating base that allows the entire arm to face forwards or backwards at the touch of a hand. Create a setup that accommodates multiple...
- Easy Instalaltion - Mounting your monitor is a simple process with the keyhole pattern VESA plate. We provide all the necessary hardware and instructions for easy assembly.
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
A USB-Hub to Plug Your Toys Into
With everything you’re going to be hooking up, you’re going to run out of USB ports pretty quickly which is where a USB hub comes in handy. To make things easier, here are your choices for your next USB hub:
Best Overall: Anker 10-Port USB Data Hub – $52
The 10-Port USB hub from Anker is one of the best options out there. With all nine ports supporting USB 3.0 as well as support for USB 2.0 devices. The 10th port provides you with 1.5amps so you can charge other external devices. The design, with its glossy black finish and blue highlights, gives it a modern look that will be great in your home office.
- Easily add 10 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports to your PC and enjoy data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps for faster sync times.
- 10th data port also delivers BC 1.2 charging speeds of up to 2 amps, while the other 9 ports charge at speeds of up to 0.9 amps each, with 10 amps overall among 10 ports.
- High-power 60W adapter ensures stable data transfer. Blue LED indicates normal operation.
- Designed with a built-in surge protector to keep your devices safe. Supports hot swapping. No installation of drivers required for Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 or Mac OS X 10.2 and above.
- Package contents: Anker USB 3.0 10-Port Hub, 12V / 5A power adapter, 2.6ft USB 3.0 cable, welcome guide, 18-month hassle-free warranty.
Best Durability: Hhusali 10-Port Hub – $39
A 10-port USB hub that also doubles as a surge protector is a smart buy every time. A hardened cable that can survive years of use and USB 3.0 support on all 10 ports and LED indicators and switches help you control which ports you want to use. This is a great product for any Windows or Apple product that you might need to charge.
- MULTIPLE USB CONNECTIONS TO ONE LAPTOP IS A REALITY NOW - with USB hub you'll easily connect and keep organized different types of the devices
- SMART CHARGING PORTS (up to 2.4A) - 3.0 USB powered hub enables fast charging of up to 3 devices simultaneously even when all ports of the USB HUB are in use
- FAST DATA TRANSFER - 10 high-speed USB 3.0 ports of the USB hub allow you to connect a bunch of devices and to transfer data at an incredible speed up to 5 Gbps
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY - 3.0 USB hub powered comes with 2 USB cables that adapting to devices equipped with USB Type C and USB Type A ports; PLUG-AND-PLAY - ease to use
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION - the aluminum exterior of USB hub gives high protection; ventilation holes - to save USB 3 hub from heating; slip-resistant elements - for your convenience
Best Affordable USB Hub: Aukey USB Hub – $17
If 10 ports aren’t enough for everything you need to hook up to your laptop or computer, the USB Hub from Aukey is a great affordable option. With four USB 3.0 ports that support transfer speeds up to 5Gbps, the minimalist and sleek silver design won’t take up much room on your desk.
No products found.
Best Keyboards for Working from Home Productively
If you’re at home working on a laptop and you have bigger hands like many of us do, trying to type on a small keyboard can be an arduous process. Using an external keyboard helps save your fingers and with their wireless capability, means that you’re not tied to your desk. We picked these out from the crowd.
Best Overall: Logitech Craft – $191
With its multi-function dial, the Logitech Craft offers you an easy access point for you to control your programs. Nicknamed the Crown, you can easily access functions that can make working easier and the keyboard is crafted for precision, reliability, and efficiency. With backlit keys and wireless capability, you can work on projects late into the night comfortably on your couch or in your office chair.
- THE CROWN – A UNIQUE CREATIVE INPUT DIAL. The Crown is a tactile aluminium dial that adapts to the app you’re using – giving you instant control of the tool you need. Touch the Crown to access...
- OPTIMISED WORKFLOW. Install profiles in Logitech Options to enhance the Crown for use with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Adjust...
- PREMIUM TYPING. Type with confidence on a keyboard crafted for efficiency, stability and precision. Your fingers glide effortlessly between the matt surface of the keys. The large strike area and...
- SMART ILLUMINATION. The backlit keys light up the moment your hands approach and automatically adjust to suit changing lighting conditions.
- INTUITIVE USER EXPERIENCE. Enjoy a balanced and natural creative experience. Use the Crown to adjust your work, the mouse to navigate and the keyboard to type with precision. Be more efficient by...
Best Versatile Keyboard: Logitech k480 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard -$139
The biggest draw of the k480 keyboard from Logitech is the versatility that comes with it. Usable with just about every device from PC, Mac, iOS, and even Android. An affordable keyboard, it could be a great backup keyboard for those on the go and may even replace your current wireless keyboard.
- Multi-device keyboard: unique computer keyboard that also works with your Bluetooth tablet and smartphone
- Type-on-anything universal keyboard
- Smartphone/tablet cradle: Built-in cradle Holds your devices at the ideal angle for typing
- Multi-device Keyboard: Unique computer keyboard that also works with your Bluetooth tablet and smartphone
- Easy switching between devices: Turn a single dial to switch between typing on three wireless Bluetooth devices
Best Budget Keyboard: Anker Universal Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard – $17
The Universal Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard from Anker is an affordable, ultra-compact keyboard that with its low-profile, matte finish keys provides a very satisfying typing experience. The keyboard connects through Bluetooth to any Android, iOS, Windows, or macOS device making it very versatile. At such an affordable price, the keyboard from Anker deserves a chance
- Universal Compatibility: Can be used with virtually all iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows devices which support Bluetooth.
- Effortless Use: Low profile keys provide a quieter, smoother typing experience, while the keyboard automatically reconnects to the last connected device.
- Ultra-Compact: One third smaller than traditional keyboards, measuring only 11 × 5.3 × 0.5 inches.
- Extended Battery-Life: Use for up to one month without recharging (based on 2 hours of non-stop use per day).
- What You Get: Keyboard, micro USB cable, user manual, 18-month warranty, and our friendly customer service.
Best Ergonomic Mouse for Working at Home
The touchpad on your laptop can be good in a pinch and the mouse that comes with a desktop computer is basic at best. If you’re going to be working from home, having a high-quality mouse can make work easier and also help keep your wrist safe from repetitive strain injuries.
Best Overall: Logitech MX Master 2S – $79
It’s not the most affordable mouse but it certainly is the best. With customizable buttons, ergonomic build, and thumbwheel, it’s perfect from day 1. And if that isn’t enough to tout its pedigree, it’s Jacob’s mouse of choice as well. If that’s not a ringing endorsement, we don’t know what is.
- CROSS-COMPUTER CONTROL - Game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech FLOW
- DUAL CONNECTIVITY - Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- ADVANCED ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Perfectly sculpted, hand-crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- AUTO-SHIFT SCROLLING - Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto-shifts on the fly from click-to-click to hyper-fast scrolling
- RECHARGABLE BATTERY - Up to 70 days of power on a single charge
Best Travel Mouse: Logitech M330 Silent Plus – $19
The M330 Silent Plus from Logitech is a great solution to the annoying click that a mouse makes when you click the button. With its diminutive size, it makes it a great choice to take on an airplane or toss in your laptop bag and with reported two-year battery life, you may never buy another mouse.
- Quieter Click: Logitech’s SilentTouch Technology reduces over 90 percent (1) of clicking sounds while ensuring top performance, meaning you can feel every single click but hear virtually nothing
- Crafted for Comfort: With contoured grips made of soft rubber, the noiseless M330 SILENT PLUS mouse is built to give great comfort to right-handed users
- Long Life: This cordless mouse has a 24-month battery life (2), and automatically switches to sleep mode when not in use, allowing you to focus on your work without the hassle of changing batteries
- Advanced Optical Tracking: With a wireless range of up to 33 ft (3), this quiet computer mouse provides high-performance precision and smart cursor control on most surfaces
- Plug and Play: Plug the USB mini-receiver into your Windows, Mac, Chrome, OS, or Linux computer and forget about it; you can even add more compatible wireless devices without using multiple USB ports
Best Budget Mouse: Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse – $31
Sometimes, getting back to basics is the best option and this is never truer than with the Classic Intellimouse from Microsoft. With a classic design, the mouse has a beefed-up sensor and while being a wired mouse may keep some away, if you’re looking for a regular mouse without a ton of flash that helps you get your work done then meet your new best friend.
- Ultra-slim and lightweight.
- Quickly and efficiently click to complete your most common tasks with three customizable buttons.
- The ergonomic design of the new Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse is comfortable for hours of use.
- Plug in the fast, wired USB connector without waiting for Bluetooth to pair or searching for a dongle.
- The exceptional tracking that fans loved about IntelliMouse 3.0 is even more precise with a DPI range up to 3200.
Best Headphones for Clear Focus
Whether you rocking to your favorite songs or listening to your favorite podcast, a good pair of headphones or earbuds can help you focus, or drown out the sounds of other family members in the room. Here are the ones we like the best.
Best Overall: Sony WH-1000XM3 – $298
Combining top-quality sound and outstanding noise cancellation, the 1000XM3 from Sony are easily the best headphones out there. With a USB-C port as well as more padding along the bridge, the XM3 provides you with great ways to listen to hi-res music wirelessly. With Google Assistant and Alexa support included, these headphones are more than worth their price.
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING: Industry leading ANC lends a personalized, virtually soundproof experience
- PHONE CALL: A built-in mic enables you to take hands-free calls.
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Alexa enabled for voice access to music, information and more. Activate with a simple touch
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation
- PERSONAL NOISE CANCELLING: Adjusts ambient sound to your activity for the best noise cancellation
Best Earbuds: AirPods Pro – $234
With the updated version of the AirPods, Apple has made these the earbuds to have, especially if you have an iPhone. With noise cancellation and replaceable silicone tips, the AirPods offer an experience that few can match whether you’re listening to your favorite music or taking important phone calls
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
Best Affordable Headphones: JBL Live 650BTNC – $149
Not everyone has enough disposable income to buy the best noise-canceling headphones which are why the JBL Live headphones are such a great option. With a great battery life of up to 30 hours on a single charge, it offers both Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant for you to choose from. You don’t always have to buy the best product available and with the Live headphones from JBL, you can buy a pair of high-quality headphones and upwards of 50% off the higher-end models.
No products found.
Pro Computer Speakers to Get You in The Mood
Sure, headphones can help you drown out the world around you but if you live alone, sometimes you just want to crank up the music and rock out to your favorite songs. These speakers will help you do that:
Best Overall: Audioengine A2+ – $269
The A2+ from Audioengine is one of the best computer speakers available. Powered by your computer’s USB port, they provide amazing sound quality along with uncompressed audio thanks to the built-in DAC. While they don’t come with a subwoofer, that shouldn’t keep you from buying them. If you need one, you can connect an external subwoofer with the RCA output.
- PREMIUM POWERED BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS: The award-winning A2+ Wireless Speakers provide detailed, true stereo sound and can easily connect to all your music in seconds. Great for your desktop or home...
- FEATURES: Bluetooth aptX, a USB audio input and dual analog audio inputs for connecting multiple devices. The A2+ features elegant design in painted wood cabinets, a subwoofer output, and analog class...
- 60 WATTS OF POWER: Experience room filling sound in a tiny footprint. Easily connect the compact Audioengine S6 or S8 subwoofer via the RCA variable output. And at 6”H x 4”W x 5.25”D each, the...
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine A2+ Wireless Powered Speakers, 6.5ft speaker wire, power supply & cord, 5ft USB cable, 5ft mini-jack audio cable, microfiber speaker and cable bags, setup guide.
- WARRANTY: Stellar US based customer support and 3 year product warranty is included. Based in Austin, TX, Audioengine has been changing the way people listen to music since 2005. We believe in the...
Best Wireless Speakers: AudioEngine HD3 Wireless Speakers – $349
When using them as a wireless option, any latency is only about 30ms, making it pretty minimal regardless of what you’re doing. If you like to play games in your downtime, you can connect these to your computer and subwoofer for some extra bass. Being from AudioEngine, regardless of your views on wireless speakers, the sound quality is some of the best you can get.
- POWERED BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS WITH 100 FOOT RANGE: The HD3 Bluetooth Speakers feature built-in analog power amplifiers that bring you incredible audio. The aptX HD Bluetooth codec with 100 foot range and...
- FEATURES: Small speakers with a big sound that fills any room, premium Bluetooth wireless that works with all your devices and apps and high-end sound wrapped in hand-built wood cabinets. Simple...
- WORKS WITH: Turntables with built-in or external preamps, all music players: phones, desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, TVs with an analog output, CD and DVD players, video game consoles and all...
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine HD3 Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth antenna, 2m speaker wire, power supply & cord, 1.5m 3.5mm mini-jack audio cable, 1.5m USB cable, microfiber speaker bags...
- WARRANTY: Audioengine builds quality speakers that they stand behind. All Audioengine products come with a 3-year transferable warranty. COVERAGE: Stellar US based customer support and 3 year product...
Best Budget-friendly Speakers: Creative Pebble Plus 2.1 – $39
The Pebble Plus 2.1 speakers from Creative deliver a rich and powerful sound much larger than the speaker’s physical size. The speakers produce a clean sound with an amazing amount of clarity. If you’re searching for a great set of speakers that might not cost more than the keyboard you use, Creative’s Pebble Plus 2.1 will deliver every time.
- POWERFUL DOWN-FIRING SUBWOOFER | The Creative Pebble Plus features a newly designed standalone 4” down-firing ported subwoofer for remarkable power and depth, providing a significant audio...
- 45° ELEVATED DRIVERS | Featuring 2” mid-range drivers that are elevated at 45°, the Pebble Plus speakers are specifically angled towards you, providing the best soundstage while ensuring that you...
- HIGH GAIN MODE | Bring out the most of the Creative Pebble Plus! With a simple switch of a button, access the High Gain Mode to increase the power output to 8W RMS with a 5V 2A USB adapter (not...
- EASY ACCESS VOLUME CONTROLS | The volume controls are conveniently located at the front of the speakers for easy and hassle-free access
- USB-POWERED FOR ADDED CONVENIENCE | Powered entirely by USB and connected to your devices via a universal 3.5mm AUX-in cable, the Pebble Plus eliminates the need for a wall socket while doubling up on...
Other Sanity Saving Tech
Even with all the choices on our list, there are just some things that if you don’t have them, you might lose your mind (figuratively speaking). So, to help keep things calm and easy, here are our rapid-fire choices of the other tech you need.
Best Printer: Epson SureColor SC-P600 – $695
Printing out work documents can get frustrating quickly, especially if you have the wrong printer. The SureColor printer from Epson is a great and easy-to-use printer but make sure to pick up some paper and extra ink as they can get pricey. For the price alone, the SureColor is a great printer. View more top printers here.
- Brand Epson, Model C11CE21201
- Packaged Quantity: 1 Pack, Product Type: Inkjet Printer, Recommended Use: Photo/Disc Print, Print Color Capability: Color, Maximum Print Resolution: 5760 x 1440 dpi,
- Wireless Print Technology: Epson iPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Apple AirPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Print Technology: Google Cloud Print, Duplex Printing: Automatic,...
- Number of Colors: 9, Mobile Device Printing: Yes, USB: Yes, USB Standard: USB 2.0, Ethernet: Yes, Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet, Wireless LAN: Yes, Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11n, Screen...
- Media Type: Plain Paper, Media Type: Photo Paper, Media Type: Canvas, Media Type: Cut Sheet, Media Type: Fine Art Paper, Media Type: Panoramic, Media Type: Roll Paper, Media Type: Glossy Photo Paper,...
Best Cord Organizer: VELCRO Brand ONE-WRAP Cable Ties – $12
That’s right, the simple Velcro wraps are our choice for the best Cord Organizer. With their slim design and ease of use, you can bundle and organize your cords without adding extra bulk to your office. The best part? They are incredibly affordable compared to other options.
- WIRE ORGANIZING SELF BUNDLING TIES - Get organized fast with these simple to use, self-fastening thin ties that will contain and store cords and wires quickly and safely; Secure large cords and bulky...
- WIRE AND CORD MANAGEMENT - These bundling ties are ideal fasteners for cord organization, wire management, and securing loose or extra-long cords out of the way to eliminate tripping hazards
- STRONG AND REUSABLE - Strong, trusted, and used by data and network centers across the globe; These fasteners can be easily reused and repositioned; Allows convenient access when arranging computer,...
- PRE-CUT AND EASY TO USE - These pre-cut ties stay firmly in place with an easy to use slotted head; simply insert the rounded end through the hole and pull the strap tight; it firmly wraps onto itself...
- INDOOR OR OURDOOR USE - With multi-use options for the home, shed, garage or office, these thin ties can safely be used indoors or outdoors for your organizing and storage needs
Best Dry Erase Board: VIZ-PRO Magnetic Dry Erase Board – $32
A whiteboard should feel like an extension of your thoughts. That’s why we like the Magnetic Dry Erase Board from VIZ-PRO. The smooth surface makes writing on it super easy and is easy to clean when you need to brainstorm some new ideas. The board also has a sturdy frame so you can move it around in your office if you need to
- Overall size: 35.3" x 23.5" ( frame included); Writing surface size: 33.9" x 22.1'"
- Smooth & durable magnetic writing surface, easily drywipe with all dry-erase markers
- Silver finished aluminium frame, ABS corner with screw-fixing in corners
- Easy installation with fixing kits, can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Include fixing kits, pentray
Best Surge Protector: AmazonBasics 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector – $22
Offering a high-quality surge protector at an affordable price, the Power Strip from AmazonBasics offers 12 well-spaced outlets that are protected by sliding covers and can handle larger plugs at the corners. LED indicators let you know when a device is protected and all wiring is grounded. This can handle all of your tech needs without breaking the bank.
- IN THE BOX: 12-outlet surge protector power strip with 8-foot cord, a 4320-joule energy rating and 15A/120V/1800W
- RELIABLE PROTECTION: Protects sensitive electronic devices such as computers, data lines, TVs, and more from potentially-damaging power surges
- LED LIGHT INDICATORS: Built-in lights automatically indicate active surge protection and grounded wiring
- ADDITIONAL SAFETY: Fireproof MOV provides additional safety precaution from surges and spikes
- RESETTABLE CIRCUIT BREAKER: Power on/off switch integrates with a 15Amp overload resettable circuit breaker
Best Notebook: Moleskine Cahir Journal – $15
Moleskine is a brand that more people obsess over than any other notebook in the world. The Cahir Journal is exactly how it sounds. With a durable cover and elastic closure, it is great for jotting notes or as a sketchpad the way Jacob uses it in his work. The thick ivory pages are perfect for writing with fountain pens or any other kind of utensil. Whether it’s your main notebook or just one you use for random notes, you can’t pick a better notebook.
- MOLESKINE CAHIER: This 7.5 x 9.5 ruled journal has a flexible heavy-duty customizable cardboard cover, a pocket for loose notes & visible stitching on the spine. The last 16 sheets are detachable.
- CLASSIC DESIGN: The Cahier Journal is a favorite among avid notetakers. Its cardboard cover makes it ideal for customization—script a favorite quote, sketch a portrait or simply give it a name.
- ICONIC NOTEBOOKS FOR EVERY PURPOSE: The story of the iconic Moleskine notebook collection has expanded to include a whole variety of sizes and colors, textures and layouts, and even flexible covers.
- MOLESKINE VERSATILITY: Writers, students, artists, professionals & travelers love our notebooks, planners, pens, bags & accessories. From journals to backpacks, there's a Moleskine product for you.
- MOLESKINE QUALITY: We're dedicated to culture, travel, memory, imagination, & personal identity—both physical & digital. We bring this commitment to our notebooks, bags, apps & smart pens &...
Best Coffee Maker: Breville Barista Express – $699
If you’re working from home, you can’t exactly run out to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and as we know, coffee is the lifeblood for those early mornings. There is no better machine than the Barista Express from Breville. Featuring dose control grinding, precise espresso extraction, and micro-foam milk steaming, you may never go to the coffee shop again.
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to...
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any...
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
Best Wireless Charger: Belkin BoostUp Wireless Charging Pad – $23
The Belkin BoostUp Changing Pad is an excellent wireless charger. With an attractive design, the pad is optimized to work with Qi-enabled devices with an LED on top of the pad to ensure your device is charging. A trusted brand for many years, the Wireless Charging Pad from Belkin is one of the best chargers on the market.
- The Belkin Difference: 1 third party maker of wireless charging accessories
- Optimized for Qi enabled devices from Apple and Samsung, including: iPhone XS, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 8+ , Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, Note9 and more
- Delivers the fastest wireless charging speed for iPhone at 7.5W and Samsung at 9W
- Provides standard 5W charging speed for all other Qi enabled devices, including AirPods 2
- Charges through lightweight plastic cases Upto 3 millimeter
Top Tools Used by Jacob Cass
Peek behind the curtain of Jacob Cass’s setup and see the tools and other items he uses daily when working with clients all over the world.
If you’re a beginner or watching your spending, you may want to consider our post on the top gear for all career levels & budgets.
Top Tools to Work From Home – The Ultimate Guide
Working from home is never easy, even under the best circumstances. With the pandemic forcing people to work from home more and more, having the right tech to successfully get your work done is important and we hope that our ultimate guide has shown you the tools you can use to succeed.