Most followers of this blog will know that I love traveling and as usual with any major trip that I do, I share some of the happy snaps. Well, back in November 2009 I did a 2 month road trip across 22 states of USA (with Contiki) and although 6 months have passed, I’ve finally had a chance to sort through the 1500+ odd photos. Below are 177 of my favourites.
Click through to the site to view the photos if you can’t already see them below.
California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York.
Things I won’t forget:
Excuse me while I take a trip down memory lane…
- Cruising through Beverly Hills in a vintage BMW
- Seeing Elvis and Barbie sitting on the back seats of a red convertable, getting married in a drive through marriage parlour in Vegas.
- The rides on top of the Vegas Stratosphere. Imagine being spun around and around, over the side of a building while staring at the ground… scary.
- Cruising through Vegas in a Stretch Hummer Limo
- Taking a helicopter over the Grand Canyon (A must do.)
- Standing on the back of a 4WD Hummer freezing to death while driving through the Rocky Mountains
- Hot air balloon riding over Albuquerque
- Watching my friends attempt to eat a 72oz. steak in under an hour (they failed)
- Going to a rodeo show in Texas and seeing 100 kids chase a sheep (hilarious)
- Bourbon Street in New Orleans (goes without saying)
- Finishing a super duper size ‘Hurricane’ drink between 10 people.
- Baking two turkeys in two clean huge rubbish bins for Thanks Giving (It actually worked)
- Party cruising in Miami with ‘I’m In Miami Bitch’ pumping the stereo
- Taking a rather hilarious ghost tour in St Augustine
- Exploring all the monuments & museums in Washington DC
- Seeing the huge rockets + spaceships at John F. Kennedy’s Space Center
- Visiting Elvis’s house + grave (truly remarkable)
- Climbing the ‘Rocky Stairs’ in Philly
- Seeing NY and Times Square for the first time
Since this big trip last year, I’ve been on a few smaller holidays including visits to a few more USA states (Michigan, Connecticut) as well as The Hamptons, Toronto and Niagra Falls. I may post photos of these at a later date (hopefully not 6 months later). The next trip / vacation will be to San Francisco in a few weeks for the Voices That Matter web design conference. Following that, I hope to go to Germany for Oktoberfest and then back home to Australia for Christmas.
Below are the USA snaps, enjoy!