When is a logo too simple?Posted on 10
Simplicity in logo design is what makes a logo memorable and easier to recognise, but is there such thing as a too simple logo?
There has been a discussion over on Logo Of The Day about this logo in question, many love it, many hate it. What is your opinion?
Below is the information that Anne Wehr of iCVBook submitted to Logo Of The Day. Tom Skipp is the designer of the logo.
“iCVBook is a new generation of professional network, including an innovation called iCV : a revolutionary professional identity for people and companies. It gathers together your online and professional, social and personal identities to give everyone the best image possible. The logo is for representing the brand.
We needed two different types of logo: the brand one and an icon that will be used by users for their iCVs. So this concept allows to decline the logo.
One represents a kind of sheet of paper, a Curriculum Vitae, a file to fill in. Simple and qualitative. With the possibility to play with the color of the corner (using the colorful pantone of the website) for gif animation or declination.”
So, when is a logo too simple?
- Feng Shui Design Tips & Techniques for Your Office & Life (4)
- Movie Review: “Print the Legend” Offers a Peek Behind the Home 3D Printing Revolution (2)
- Web Site Designs From Around The World – 17 Highlights (8)
- Surprise & Delight your Customers: 10 Awesome Examples (10)
- 20 All New Best Selling Fonts inc. Web Fonts. $1894 down to $29! (2)