We all love taking photos whether it’s with our smartphones or traditional cameras and for those photos, we love the most, we want to use one of the best photo printers to cherish them forever.
Luckily, we love photos too and want to make sure your printed photos look great for years to come!
10+ Best Photo Printers in 2023
- Canon PIXMA TS6320 — The best photo printer in 2023 overall (Editor’s Choice)
- HP Envy 6055e — The best budget photo printer
- Canon PIXMA G620 MegaTank — The best value photo printer
- Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 — The best vivid photo printer
- Canon PIXMA iX6850 — The best naturally colored photo printer
- HP Envy Photo 7855 — The best feature-rich photo printer
- Canon Pixma Pro-100 — The best color-accurate photo printer
- Epson SureColor P700 — The best high-capacity photo printer
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 — The best wide-format photo printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-8550 — The best large-format photo printer
- Kodak Mini 2 Retro — The best affordable photo printer
- Fujifilm Instax Link Wide — The best portable photo printer
What is the best photo printer in 2023?
The best photo printer doesn’t just do one thing. The best photo printer does it all but most importantly, prints photos exceptionally well. To us, the Canon PIXMA TS6320 is the best photo printer in 2023 overall.
Interested in some of our other top choices? Take a look at our comparison table below
How to pick the best photo printer
The right photo printer for the needs you have shouldn’t have you doing research all weekend, missing out on other plans. In general, there are a few simple things that you should consider before choosing the photo printer that will work best for your needs.
Let’s check them out below:
Inkjet or dye sublimation
For most of your home photo printing needs, an inkjet printer will work well. These printers are easy to use, reliable, and best of all, affordable. On top of that, ink cartridges are easy to change and you have a variety of paper types at your disposal. Most photo printers available these days are inkjet printers.
Dye sublimation photo printers can print small, high-quality photos in a short amount of time. The downside is that they can offer less flexibility than inkjet printers in terms of paper types, finishes, and sizes.
Dye sublimation photo printers for the home are limited to small sizes on glossy paper which is why you normally see these printers in a professional setting.
Print flexibility and size
Before choosing a printer, knowing the maximum and minimum print sizes you are hoping to print is important. While they can print great large-format images, large-format printers can be very expensive to use, maintain, and also require more ink.
The best photo printer will give you the ability to print medium to large images without spending a ton of money on ink or extraneous equipment.
If you’re a professional photographer or a hobbyist who plans on printing a lot of photos, paying close attention to the printer’s speed is important.
Whichever photo printer you choose, it should be able to handle whatever printing needs that you have. It can become irritating very quickly if you have a bunch of photos to print but the device has a long warmup time
High-quality ink and print resolution
Many of the photo printers you find these days will use the term “archival”. This means that the printer guarantees a print life of 50-100 years. Anyone who prints out important photos, whether, for professional or personal reasons, they want them to last a long time.
Archival printing generally uses a long-lasting pigment-based ink instead of coloring agents. This makes the colors last longer because common coloring agents have a much shorter life span and light resistance.
With an archival pigment printer, your photos will continue to look amazing for years to come.
Much like the resolution on a tablet or laptop, print resolution is something you should consider as well. Measured in DPI (dots per inch), the higher the DPI, the better the image will look and the less noticeable the dots in the image will be.
For a good photo printer, a minimum DPI to shoot for should be a resolution of 4,800 x 1,200 DPI.
10+ Best Photo Printers in 2023
1. Canon PIXMA TS6320 (Editor’s Choice)
The best photo printer in 2023 overall
Like many of the other 5-ink printers that Canon has produced over the year, the PIXMA TS6320 prints using pigment-based inks for photos. Like many of the options on our list, the Canon printer isn’t limited to printing photos as it can also be a great document printer for your office.
Everything the printer creates, with spectacular clarity, looks beautiful and natural for everything from portrait skin tones to vast landscapes. A motorized output tray adds a touch of automation while the OLED screen provides an easy-to-use menu. Whether you’re printing family photos or a book report, the PIXMA TS6320 will look great every time.
|➕ Fast print speeds||➖ No memory card slot|
|➕ Multiple cartridge options||➖ Limited photo ink range|
- With a 1 44” OLED display & LED status bar easily navigate and view your printer status The OLED display displays deep accurate color and the LED status bar provides simple printer status...
- A five individual ink system allows you to print sharp black text documents and vivid color photos and when an ink tank runs out you only need replace That specific ink tank compared to a partially...
- With an auto expandable output tray This printer is made for smartphone & tablet printing Even when the printer is powered down – simply press Print and the PIXMA TS6320 will power on and output...
The best budget photo printer
While the HP Envy 6055e is a great all-around printer for any office, whether at home or away but its greatest strength lies in its ability to print beautiful photos with ease.
While the printer doesn’t come with an Ethernet port or USB port, the results are very good considering the print speed not being the greatest. The biggest benefit of the Envy 6055e is the price as it is a great, affordable printer.
|➕ Easy to use||➖ Ink can get costly|
|➕ Great price||➖ Could be faster|
- 6 MONTHS FREE INK when you activate HP+ – Includes 6 months free subscription for Instant Ink delivery service with HP+ activation. Ink ships automatically so you never run out. After 6 months,...
- INCLUDES FREE HP+ SMART FEATURES – Activate HP+ free to get advanced features for mobile printing, security, automatic updates and more. HP+ only works with an HP account, internet connection and...
- BEST FOR BUSY FAMILIES – Print documents, borderless photos, homework and creative projects
- KEY FEATURES – Print, copy and scan in color, automatic 2-sided printing, borderless photos, mobile and wireless printing
- EASY SETUP – Get started fast on any device with the HP Smart app that guides you step by step
The best value photo printer
We all hate having to replace ink cartridges. Between the time, cost, and hassle, no one wants to do it which is why the Canon PIXMA G620 MegaTank might just be the answer to your dreams.
A cartridge-free printer, the G620 uses refillable bottles and comes with a full set of ink right out of the box. Thankfully, the printer puts out incredible images with good colors and great tonal range. With such an easy way to take care of ink, you may need to start printing photos.
|➕ A great way to save on ink costs||➖ Initial cost can be high|
|➕ Photo prints look beautiful||➖ Print speed can be slow|
- MEGATANK HIGH PAGE YIELD: Print up to 3,800 4” x 6” color photos on a full set of ink!
- LOW COST PER PRINT with approx. ink cost of 2.5 cents per 4” x 6” color photo.2
- 6-COLOR DYE-BASED INK SYSTEM including Red and Gray inks for a wider color gamut.
- Fits into almost any space with a clean COMPACT DESIGN.
- Enjoy long lasting photos thanks to CHROMALIFE 100.3
The best vivid photo printer
Using six high-quality Claria ink cartridges, the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 can produce a color palette that is more lifelike than others when it comes to printing photos.
With its ability to print on A3+ sheets, the XP-15000 is a great regular printer as well with a blazing fast 29ppm and can also print on both sides of the page with ease.
|➕ Excellent color accuracy||➖ Can be expensive to run|
|➕ Beautiful A3 color prints|
- Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. Use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s ltd. wnty. .What's in the box :...
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
- Individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints. Sound pressure level: Pressure: 49 dB(A)
- Professional projects: Made easy features a 50 sheet rear tray for specialty media, including cardstock (1); Accommodates a variety of paper finishes and border less sizes from 4 inches X 6 inches To...
- Ultra compact wide format A3 plus printer 30 percent smaller than its predecessor (2); Easily fits on your desktop
The best naturally colored photo printer
Many printers will use four inkjet cartridges to produce beautiful photos but the Canon PIXMA iX6850 bucks that trend by using five inks to create photos and documents that are crisp and naturally colored.
While it doesn’t have duplex functionality, it does come with an Ethernet port, Wi-Fi, and AirPrint compatibility. With all of these features, the one that many people won’t see at first is the printer’s ability to print on sheets up to A3+ which can be beneficial.
|➕ Natural colors||➖ No auto duplex|
|➕ Large color prints||➖ No scanner|
- Wireless, A3+, 9600 x 2400 dpi, 14.5 ipm Mono, 10.4 ipm Colour, USB, 10/100Mbps Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, 8.1kg
The best feature-rich photo printer
With a design that is the epitome of an office all-in-one printer, the HP Envy Photo 7855 gives you every tool in its arsenal that allows you to fax, copy, print documents and photos all through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface.
The colored inks are combined in one cartridge and while replacing inks can be expensive, HP’s Instant Ink service can help mitigate costs. While not outright designed for photos, the Envy Photo 7855 creates beautiful pictures every time.
|➕ Great price||➖ Design can be impractical|
|➕ Plenty of features||➖ Combined ink cartridges|
- Stunning photos for less than 5 cents – Features of this photo printer include print, scan, copy, fax, borderless & wireless printing, SD card slot, auto document feeder, plus photo prints for less...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – Mobile printing from your device such as iPhone with AirPrint, or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- Wireless connectivity you can count on – Reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up this wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud,...
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three dollars per month; Original HP ink delivered before you run out; plus great savings on ink (optional)
The best color-accurate photo printer
Taking advantage of an 8-ink dye system, the Canon Pixma Pro-100 is a monster of a printer. Called ChromaLife 100+, the ink system provides you with great color accuracy as well as a wide range of colors to ensure that all of your photos look vivid.
With its large-format design, the Pro-100 gives you the ability to print up to 13″ x 19″ prints and with two paper trays, it can handle just about any paper stock you can fill it with. The versatility that the Canon Pixma Pro-100 provides is unheard of.
|➕ Two paper trays||➖ Ink will get expensive|
|➕ Amazing color accuracy|
- Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Color Professional Inkjet Photo Printer
- High performance professional photo printing up to 13" x 26".
- Dye Based 8 inks System
The best high-capacity photo printer
Unlike many other photo printers, the Epson SureColor P700 features a roll feeder. This feeder gives you the option of buying photo paper in rolls so you can print photos with aspect ratios that match your needs.
This means that if you need to print a panoramic photo for a client, this machine can do it. Incorporating a 4.3-inch touchscreen, using high-capacity cartridges is a good idea with a printer like this and even though the cartridges are more expensive, the results are worth the cost.
|➕ High capacity cartridges||➖ Expensive|
|➕ Paper roll feeder||➖|
- Outstanding image quality and color — all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors
- No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — dedicated nozzles for both black ink types — no switching needed
- New 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead — consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy
- Easy printing from smart devices — print color-managed files directly from your iOS device (1) using an easy-to-use interface
- New Carbon Black Driver Technology — all-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
The best wide-format photo printer
Using ten pigment inks rather than dye-based ink, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is a photo printer that provides great results every time. Among the cartridges is a ‘Chrome Optimizer’ that provides your photos with a smooth finish on glossy paper.
In the print head, individual channels are used for both photo and matte black inks which save time and most importantly ink when changing media types. With great accuracy on color prints and superb definition on black and white photos, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is a great printer.
|➕ Uses 10 pigment inks||➖ Not the fastest printer|
|➕ Front or rear feed|
- Take complete creative control of your images and bring them to life with the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 professional inkjet photo and fine art printer.
- EASE OF USE — ultimate productivity with Nozzle Recovery System and Skew Correction.
- The PRO-300 offers professional image quality, productivity, and outstanding workflow with a smaller footprint, allowing you to consistently deliver theresults your images deserve.
- 9-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system—designed to meet the demands of every photographer, from advanced amateurs to professionals.
- Easily check ink levels, printer status, and other settings with the 3.0” COLOR LCD MONITOR.
The best large-format photo printer
Part of the line advertised by NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal, the Epson EcoTank ET-8550 is a versatile, tank-based printer that can handle just about anything you can ask it to do.
Able to not only print both photos and documents but scan as well makes the Epson EcoTank ET-8550 a great printer for home or the office. The tank-based ink instead of cartridges is also a more budget-friendly option and less wasteful. With very good photo quality results that feature bold and punchy colors each time.
|➕ Versatile large-format printing||➖ Can be expensive to run|
|➕ Bottle-based ink||➖ A bit slow|
- Cartridge-free printing for lab-quality photos, graphics and creative projects — get vibrant colors and sharp text with Epson's high-accuracy printhead and Claria ET Premium 6-color inks; print a 4...
- Extraordinary media support, including borderless photos up to 13" x 19" — accommodates cardstock, CD/DVDs and other specialty media up to 1.3 mm thick; auto 2-sided printing
- Amazing value — save a ridiculous amount on photos (1) and creative projects with affordable in-house photo printing; print 4" x 6" photos for about 4 cents each vs. 40 cents with traditional ink...
- Save up to 80% with low-cost replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges (3) — that's about Dollar-2000 on each set (3), enough ink to print up to 6,200 pages color (5)
- Print up to 2 years (2) — with each included and replacement ink bottle set
The best affordable photo printer
Max Print Size: 2.4 x 3.9in | Print resolution: 1260 x 800 dpi | Print speed: 12 seconds | Interfaces: Bluetooth | Scanner: No
If you are looking for an affordable printer, Kodak Mini 2 Retro is a perfect choice to print your photos with its 4 Pass technology. This photo printer is a compact-sized printer that offers the best quality at an affordable price.
Like most other printers, this printer offers amazing photos printed in layers of ribbon with a lamination process, giving the perfect finish you expect your photo to print anytime and anywhere.
It features both border and borderless type photos so that you can write down your memories on the border to remember them forever. This printer offers photos that come fingerprint-proof and water-resistant, making it a perfect companion that captures your memorable moments that last longer.
|➕ Low-cost print||➖No Wi-fi connectivity|
|➕Provides option for bordered and borderless photos|
- LOW PHOTO COST - Why pay more to print? Our KODAK Mini 2 Retro photo printer is the most affordable option to print right from your home. Photos are more affordable if purchased as a printer bundle.
- SUPERIOR PHOTO QUALITY - KODAK Mini 2 Retro uses 4Pass Technology to print flawless photos instantly. Each photo is printed in layers of ribbon with a laminating process so it’s fingerprint proof...
- TWO PHOTO TYPES - The KODAK Mini 2 Retro photo printer supports both border and borderless type photos. Write down your memories in the border type so they last forever. Print the borderless type to...
- AR APP - Download the KODAK Photo Printer application to print anywhere and anytime. You can use the fun augmented reality features and other decorative functions like beauty, filters, frames, and...
- COMPACT SIZE - KODAK Mini 2 Retro photo printer fits right in your hands and your bag to conveniently print. This portable photo printer is all you need to create unforgettable memories with your...
The best portable photo printer
Max Print Size: 2.1 x 3.41in | Print speed: 1ppm | Interfaces: USB, Bluetooth | Scanner: No
Sharing your moments instantly is easier with Fujifilm Instax Link Wide. This photo printer offers you versatile options to add text to your photos, resize, apply filters and play with the contrast, all by just connecting your Smartphone to the printer wirelessly via Bluetooth.
This printer makes printing super simple as all you need to do is download the app and print your photos with the perfect frame you wish to print. This printer adds more interest and fun to your printing with its QR mode feature. You can hear the sounds you recorded and view secret messages and locations just by simply scanning the QR code.
This printer offers both rich and natural modes for you to choose one that fits your interest. It offers over thirty edible templates that you can print on instant film in wide format. Furthermore, you can create fun collages with over 1600 stickers that match your moments.
|➕ Portable||➖Must install the app|
- Connects Wirelessly Via Bluetooth To Your Smartphone
- For Use With Instax Wide Instant Film Only (Sold Separately)
- Country Of Origin : China
- Over 30 Editable Templates, Qr Print Mode To Add Urls, Sounds And Messages, 1,600 Photo-Worthy, In-App Stickers
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth printing your own photos?
No, printing photos on your own is not advisable as it does not give the exact result provided by other online services and also it costs more. But if you are in the urgent need or want to keep control over your photos, investing in photo printers is worth it.
Do photo printers also print documents?
No, photo printers can only print photos. If you are using a non-dedicated photo printer, you can print text and graphics.
Is it worth fixing a printer?
Most printers available in the market nowadays are non-repairable and fixing old printers may cost higher. Therefore, it is a great idea if you could invest in new printers.
10+ Best Photo Printers in 2023
Choosing the best photo printer should not be a hard process. You want to make sure you choose one that not only comes with the features you’re looking for but is cost-effective and provides high-quality results. We hope our choices have made this process easier.