Looking for the best Chromebooks for your design & creative needs? Look no further.
We’ve reviewed and ranked the best Chromebooks you can buy today in 2019. They are more affordable and powerful than ever before, with more flexibility, longer battery lives and that’s just the start.
But as with any other product, there are things you need to consider before making that big purchase, so let’s start there.
- 17 Essential Tools for Designers
- Best laptops for designers
- Best computers for designers
- Best computers for video editing
- Best Macbooks for designers
- Best laptops for video editing
- Best laptops for programming & coding
- Best budget laptops for designers
- Best printers for designers
- Best monitors for designers
- Best tablets for designers
- Best mouse for designers
- Best earphones for music-lovers
- Best cameras for designers
- Best microphones for designers
- Best office chairs for designers
- Best external hard drives for designers
- Best monitor calibrators for designers
- Best pens for creatives
- Best phones for designers & creatives
What to Consider When Buying A Chromebook
Like many other laptops, if you go and buy the first one you see without knowing if it will be the right choice for your needs, you’ll probably end up returning it or hating it the entire time you own it. Looking or certain things in a laptop can help you make sure you’re getting what you need.
Chromebooks are available in two different styles. The traditional clamshell and the 2-in-1 design. When you consider purchasing a Chromebook, making sure that you know which will fit your needs is optimal. Do you do a lot of sketching or drawing, then a 2-in-1 may be better for you as the hinge allows the laptop to fold the keyboard behind the monitor and become a tablet.
If you’re a writer or blogger, then the clamshell design may be better for you as the tablet feature might not be a major selling point for you.
The amount of memory that your Chromebook has is important. It helps all the programs that you have and the device itself runs quickly so you don’t run into lag times. The standard amount of RAM that a Chromebook comes with is 4GB. If you’re only going to use the laptop for browsing the web or watching videos online, then that’s the right amount for you.
However, if you plan on doing tasks that will push the Chrome OS, then you will want to aim for something a little larger. Some models have a range of RAM available from 8 to 16 GB of RAM, however, at that amount, you may have some optional processor upgrades to consider. More RAM is never a bad thing. How much RAM you need, depends on what you plan on doing.
With the Chrome OS on a Chromebook, the storage typically favors using options such as Google Drive or DropBox. In some ways, this may be preferable to some. As long as you have an internet connection, you can access your files and with Google Drive, you can set up documents to allow you to access them offline.
So while the amount of storage in the hardware itself might not match some of their competitors, if both laptops fail, which one will keep your files safely tucked away in the cloud?
The biggest selling point to anyone considering the purchase of a Chromebook is the price. While there are models such as the Pixelbook which can cost around $1,000, a good, quality Chromebook may only cost between $299 and $499.
This can be the perfect price range if you’re on a budget, just starting out or even in college where the money is not always available.
What Chrome OS Can and Can’t Do
There can be a lot of confusion when it comes to the OS on Chromebooks and we wanted to try and clear the fog, so to speak, so you know exactly what the Chrome OS can and can’t do.
Because of the operating system, a Chromebook is essentially an Android computer. While using a Chromebook is very user-friendly, being able to access Android applications can add another layer of productivity to a Chromebook. Having access to apps like Spotify, Snapchat, Instagram and many others can make things like marketing your business on Instagram easier.
For designers, in the past, Chromebooks did not have access to the Adobe Creative Cloud, but that has recently changed as Adobe has made applications for Chromebooks so you can still use their systems. These apps are Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Sketch, Comp CC, Lightroom mobile, Illustrator Draw, and Creative Cloud Mobile.
Best Chromebooks for Designers and Creatives in 2019 – Introduction
Picking the right Chromebook to satisfy your needs shouldn’t be a hard process. Sure, there are a lot of different options out there and they can get pretty confusing pretty quickly but narrowed down the options for you. Her are the best & cheapest Chromebooks for Designers and Creatives.
If you see a Chromebook you’re interested in, click the link below. Otherwise, keep reading below for our reviews.
- Google Pixelbook – $1396
- Asus Chromebook Flip – $429
- HP Chromebook 14 – $189
- Acer Chromebook Spin 13 – $744
- Samsung Chromebook Pro – $459
- Acer Chromebook Spin 11 – $304
- Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 – $155
- HP Chromebook x2 – $439
- Acer Chromebook 15 – $229
- Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 – $594
Best Chromebooks Compared
Best Chromebooks for Designers and Creatives in 2019
The Best Chromebook Available
CPU: Intel Core i5 – i7 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615 | RAM: 8 – 16GB | Screen: 12.3-inch, QHD (2,400 x 1,600) touchscreen | Storage: 128GB – 512GB
At one point, Google had announced the Chromebook Pixel was being discontinued. What surprised many is how they brought it back better than anyone expected. There’s no comparing the Pixelbook to its predecessor, mainly because the Pixebook is able to run Android apps natively as well as builds upon the Chrome OS that was part of the Pixel. With storage ranging from 128 to 512GB, Google Assistant, and up to 16GB of RAM, the Pixelbook clearly stands out among its Chromebook brethren.Learn More
- Meet Google Pixelbook, the high performance Chromebook. It’s the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in. Press the Google Assistant key on your keyboard or say "Ok Google" to get started....
- Features 7th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 512GB for storage. The long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use and it’s fast charging so you can get 2 hours of use in 15 minutes
- 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes. Access to favorite apps including Google Drive, G mail, YouTube, Ever note, Slack, Infinite Painter,...
- Pixelbook's super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimeter and weighs 2.45pounds . Features a 12.3 inch 360 degree touchscreen display, a sleek aluminum body, Corning Gorilla Glass and a...
- Powered by Chrome OS with automatic software updates so you’ll always have the latest virus protection. It starts up in less than 10 secs, stays fast throughout the day, and won’t slow down over...
The Best Chromebook specs at an affordable price
CPU: Intel Pentium 4405Y – Intel Core m3-6Y30 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 515 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 12.5-inch, FHD (1,920 x 1,080) LED-backlit anti-glare | Storage: 32GB – 64GB eMMC
Before the Pixelbook was available, the best Chromebook out there was the Flip. A FullHD display and full Intel processor helps to make Chromebooks a legitimate choice for those in the market for a new laptop. The biggest draw, other than the wonderful tablet mode, is the price. Many other laptops with these high-end qualities would cost two or three times as much. Anyone who might be on a budget, but has to have a 2-in-1, cannot go wrong with the Chromebook Flip from Asus.Learn More
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit illuminated keyboard
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 10 hours
- Make sure latest chrome version is up to date and is using the device in stable channel
The Best Combination of Value and Design in a Chromebook
CPU: Intel Celeron N2840 – N2940 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics | RAM: 2GB – 4GB | Screen: 14-inch, HD (1,366 x 768) BrightView | Storage: 16GB – 32GB eMMC
The best Chromebooks to us are those that have a very affordable price but also make very good use of the Chrome operating system. The Chromebook 14 from HP fits that bill with its compact design accentuated with a bright blue finish as well as a 14-inch, HD display. While the battery life is average compared to some of the other options on our list, the combination of design and value that the Chromebook 14 has makes it worth a serious look.Learn More
- 14inch diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) Resolution, HP TrueVision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- Intel Celeron N3350 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.4 GHz burst frequency, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 32 GB eMMC Storage, 4 GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM, B and O PLAY, dual speakers
- 2 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1headphone/microphone combo
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, 1 multi-format SD media card reader, Chrome OS
The Best Chromebook for Business
CPU: 8th-gen Intel Core i3 – i5 U-Series | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 4GB – 8GB LPDDR3 | Screen: 13.5-inch 2,256 x 1,504 IPS touch display | Storage: 64GB – 128GB eMMC SSD
For many business people, lugging around a laptop can become a burden after two or three trips with it slung over your shoulder. While many will naturally put Chromebooks and education together, Asus is hoping to change the conversation with their Spin 13. The gorgeous aluminum casing houses a 13.5-inch QHD screen. With an 8th-gen Intel Core processor, this Chromebook can handle many jobs at once. With its design and capabilities, it could be the new office option for employees.Learn More
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
- Convertible Chromebook with Intel Core i5 8250U, 13.5 inches (2256 x 1504) Corning Gorilla Glass NBT IPS 10 point multi touch screen, 8GB Memory, 128GB eMMC and Up to 10 hour Battery Life.Maximum...
The Best Chromebook for Productivity
CPU: 0.99Ghz Intel Core m3-6Y30 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 515 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 12.3-inch, QHD (2,400 x 1,600) touchscreen | Storage: 32GB eMMC
With Android apps able to be used natively on Chromebooks, it was only a matter of time before Samsung got on board. The beautiful Chromebook Pro comes with a 12.3-inch QHD touchscreen, a 360-degree hinge and a built-in stylus, which is a first on a Chromebook. With 32GN of storage, it’s one of the highest amounts available in a Chromebook and not only does the Pro stand above of its competition, but it is also better than a lot of the Android devices out there.Learn More
- Display: 12.3" 2400x1600, 3:2,400nit
- Intel Core M3 Processor 6Y30 ; 2.2Ghz Speed
- 4GB LPDDR3 Memory (on BD 4GB); Battery Life: 9 hours
- Hard Drive: 32GB eMMC.Weight:2.381pounds. OS: Google Chrome.Spill Resistant:Yes, 60cc
- Refer User Manual under Technical Specification for troubleshooting steps.Bluetooth 4.1
The Best Chromebook for Students
CPU: 1.1GHz Intel Celeron N3350 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 500 | RAM: 4GB LPDDR4 | Screen: 11.6-inch HD (1,366 x 768) IPS touch | Storage: 32GB eMMC SSD
If you’re in college and are looking forward to starting a career in either a creative or designer field, having a good laptop now that won’t break your budget is certainly something you want to consider. With its affordable price, a Spin 11 is a durable machine that can get work done at home or on the road with ease. While it may not be the most powerful laptop in the world, for these purposes, it doesn’t have to be. The combination of a quality laptop and a very affordable price make the Chromebook Spin 11 from Acer a very attractive option.Learn More
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Celeron
- Processor Model: N3350
- Processor Speed: 1.10 GHz
- Burst Frequency: 2.40 GHz
The Best Base Model Chromebook
CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 400 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 11.6-inch, HD (1366 x 768) touchscreen | Storage: 16GB-32GB eMMC
If you doing any kind of freelance writing, you know that it can be hard to find a laptop that has what you need but without all the bells and whistles that you might never use. The Inspiron Chromebook 11 2-in-1 from Dell is the laptop you’re looking for. With a very affordable price, this Chromebook is designed to do just what Chromebooks were intended to be: an easy-to-use laptop for a very affordable price.Learn More
- Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3060 Processor, 1.6GHz Base Frequency, up to 2.48GHz, 2MB Smartcache
- 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory, 16GB Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 11.6" HD ( 1366 x 768 ) WLED Energy-efficient Display, Intel HD Graphics 400 Integrated
- 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x Media Card Reader, 1 x Headphone/microphone combo jack
- Chrome OS, Bluetooth, 802.11ac, HD webcam, Built-in virus protection and Google products
The Best 2-in-1 Chromebook
CPU: Intel Core M3-7Y30 Dual Core Processor | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 615 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 12.3-inch, HD | Storage: 32GB eMMC
With all-day battery life and a design that is not only comfortable but detachable as well, the x2 Chromebook from HP is the perfect combination of a Microsoft Surface Pro and a Chromebook. A sharp, bright display and comfortable keyboard make it easy to use. With a combination of the Intel Dual-Core Processor and 4GB of RAM, handling your day to day tasks becomes easier whether you’re in clamshell or tablet mode.Learn More
- 12.3" diagonal 2K WLED-backlit touch screen (2400 x 1600)
- Intel Core m3-7Y30 (1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 32GB eMMC | 4 GB LPDDR3-1600 SDRAM | 802.11ac WiFi (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.2
- Wide Vision 5MP Front Camera | 13MP Rear Camera | 1 headphone/microphone combo; 2 USB 3.0 Type C
- Chrome OS Operating System | Google Play Store Pre-installed
The Chromebook with the Best Battery Life
CPU: Intel Pentium N4200 | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 505 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 15.6-inch, FHD (1,920 x 1,080) | Storage: 32GB eMMC
While the build quality of the Chromebook 15 from Acer can rival that of a MacBook, with many of its Chromebook brothers making the transition to being 2-in-1 laptops, for it to end up on our list, it needed to impress us quite a bit. While its ability to lay completely flat thanks to the 180-degree hinge is nice, the battery life makes this laptop stand out. With a whopping 17 hours of battery life, you can work almost all day and night without plugging it in. That’s a really nice feature to have, especially if you’re always on the go.Learn More
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- Intel Celeron N3060, 15.6” HD Display, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC and Up to 12-hour Battery Life
The Best 15-Inch Chromebook
CPU: Intel Core i3 or i5 | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 4 – 8 GB | Screen: 15.6-inch, 1080p or 4K resolution | Storage: 128GB SSD
While having a smaller Chromebook is nice for some, others want a laptop with a larger screen and the Yoga Chromebook from Lenovo fits that bill with a 15-inch, high-resolution screen. Even though the base model comes with a 1080p screen and a Core i3 CPU, you can upgrade to a 4K screen as well as a Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM, giving you more than enough power to run all of your favorite and essential Android apps.Learn More
- Operating System: Chrome OS I Screen Size: 15.6 inches
- System Memory (RAM): 8GB I Solid State Drive Capacity: 128GB
- Processor: 1. 6 gigahertz Intel 8th Generation Core i5-8250U
- Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics 620 I Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- 360° flip-and-fold design I 2-in-1 Touchscreen
Choosing The Best Chromebook for Your Needs
Google’s line of Chromebooks has made a sizable dent in the laptop market with affordable, high-quality laptops designed for everyone in mind. If you work in a creative or design field, you may be initially hesitant to look at a Chromebook for your needs.
Hopefully, with our list of The Best Chromebooks for Designers and Creatives in 2019, we were able to sway you a little bit so that the next time you’re looking for a new laptop, you’ll consider one of the options above.
Are you already a fan of Chromebooks and have a favorite that doesn’t appear on our list? Let us know about it in the comments below!!